• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:49
CEST 10:49
KST 17:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11677 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 96 Next
yrba1
Profile Joined June 2010
United States325 Posts
July 03 2010 01:44 GMT
#181
Pokemon's going to continue on and on and when my son or daughter get their first pokemon game, I'll have to say, "back in my days, you use to catch only 150 pkmn, well 151 if you're lucky."
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 03 2010 01:45 GMT
#182
On July 03 2010 10:38 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 09:59 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:44 Kenpachi wrote:
On June 28 2010 14:55 mOnion wrote:
well there's only a few moves like that,earthquake, surf like you said, and the dynamic of a lot of the moves changes when you 2v2

but ya 3v3 seems like an "uhhhhhh HOW BOUT 3V3???" kind of idea

Soon theres going to be FFA pokemon battles.


What's the point? Assuming moves work similarly to before, my Surf and Discharge will just hit and kill every other pokemon.... this goes against the fundamental challenge of FFA - choosing who to attack.

On May 30 2010 01:24 FraCuS wrote:
ME WANT PIGGY


I think the piggy is fire-type? I'd go for it then.

+ Show Spoiler +
I choose the fire starter for every single game. It's my policy.


On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?


I wonder the same thing.... although I think I remember a friend of a friend of mine chose grass for GSC.

The only reason to pick the fire starter every game is cause.. game freak tends to enjoy not giving you fire pokemon till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game when your pokemon are already 10 levels above them OR the pokemon are just total garbage.


What you are saying is partially true. There are fewer Fire type pokemon overall, and only a few are decent. This is a plus for choosing a Fire starter.

Offensively Fire is decent. Defensively, Fire is good in early game (especially across the forest that every single generation has).

On the down side, if you choose Fire as the starter, you will run into the pitfall of the Rock-type Gym that goes first in Kanto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh. Before the first Gym you typically have only your starter as well as Normal and Normal/Flying types to choose from, all of which are poor against Rock types.
:]
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 03 2010 02:16 GMT
#183
On July 03 2010 10:45 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 10:38 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:59 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:44 Kenpachi wrote:
On June 28 2010 14:55 mOnion wrote:
well there's only a few moves like that,earthquake, surf like you said, and the dynamic of a lot of the moves changes when you 2v2

but ya 3v3 seems like an "uhhhhhh HOW BOUT 3V3???" kind of idea

Soon theres going to be FFA pokemon battles.


What's the point? Assuming moves work similarly to before, my Surf and Discharge will just hit and kill every other pokemon.... this goes against the fundamental challenge of FFA - choosing who to attack.

On May 30 2010 01:24 FraCuS wrote:
ME WANT PIGGY


I think the piggy is fire-type? I'd go for it then.

+ Show Spoiler +
I choose the fire starter for every single game. It's my policy.


On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?


I wonder the same thing.... although I think I remember a friend of a friend of mine chose grass for GSC.

The only reason to pick the fire starter every game is cause.. game freak tends to enjoy not giving you fire pokemon till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game when your pokemon are already 10 levels above them OR the pokemon are just total garbage.


What you are saying is partially true. There are fewer Fire type pokemon overall, and only a few are decent. This is a plus for choosing a Fire starter.

Offensively Fire is decent. Defensively, Fire is good in early game (especially across the forest that every single generation has).

On the down side, if you choose Fire as the starter, you will run into the pitfall of the Rock-type Gym that goes first in Kanto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh. Before the first Gym you typically have only your starter as well as Normal and Normal/Flying types to choose from, all of which are poor against Rock types.

Well in the older games id agree fire pokemon in general were much much better
Kanto had garbage like growlith and ponyta, i dont remember where you got Magmar(he was really good)
Hoenn..yeah if you didnt go fire it was like LOL GJ ON FUCKING UP BRO.
Atleast int he newest game you can get Magmar right after you get surf(he's a great pokemon imo) isnt far below your pokemons levels at that time (like 2-3 maybe) and can evolve into magmortar!

Though rock gyms arent a problem anymore since Charmander learns metal claw at 16 i think or fairly early, and after Johto all the newest starters get double kick..

Though what i said above generally doesnt sway me from picking the fire starter eitherway.
in b/w im def going grass cause it looks soooo cool, and that other fire thing looks kinda good
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 02:59:00
July 03 2010 02:49 GMT
#184
On July 03 2010 11:16 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 10:45 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 10:38 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:59 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:44 Kenpachi wrote:
On June 28 2010 14:55 mOnion wrote:
well there's only a few moves like that,earthquake, surf like you said, and the dynamic of a lot of the moves changes when you 2v2

but ya 3v3 seems like an "uhhhhhh HOW BOUT 3V3???" kind of idea

Soon theres going to be FFA pokemon battles.


What's the point? Assuming moves work similarly to before, my Surf and Discharge will just hit and kill every other pokemon.... this goes against the fundamental challenge of FFA - choosing who to attack.

On May 30 2010 01:24 FraCuS wrote:
ME WANT PIGGY


I think the piggy is fire-type? I'd go for it then.

+ Show Spoiler +
I choose the fire starter for every single game. It's my policy.


On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?


I wonder the same thing.... although I think I remember a friend of a friend of mine chose grass for GSC.

The only reason to pick the fire starter every game is cause.. game freak tends to enjoy not giving you fire pokemon till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game when your pokemon are already 10 levels above them OR the pokemon are just total garbage.


What you are saying is partially true. There are fewer Fire type pokemon overall, and only a few are decent. This is a plus for choosing a Fire starter.

Offensively Fire is decent. Defensively, Fire is good in early game (especially across the forest that every single generation has).

On the down side, if you choose Fire as the starter, you will run into the pitfall of the Rock-type Gym that goes first in Kanto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh. Before the first Gym you typically have only your starter as well as Normal and Normal/Flying types to choose from, all of which are poor against Rock types.

Well in the older games id agree fire pokemon in general were much much better
Kanto had garbage like growlith and ponyta, i dont remember where you got Magmar(he was really good)
Hoenn..yeah if you didnt go fire it was like LOL GJ ON FUCKING UP BRO.
Atleast int he newest game you can get Magmar right after you get surf(he's a great pokemon imo) isnt far below your pokemons levels at that time (like 2-3 maybe) and can evolve into magmortar!

Though rock gyms arent a problem anymore since Charmander learns metal claw at 16 i think or fairly early, and after Johto all the newest starters get double kick..

Though what i said above generally doesnt sway me from picking the fire starter eitherway.
in b/w im def going grass cause it looks soooo cool, and that other fire thing looks kinda good


I think Arcanine is actually really good... at least in GenIV. Surely, you have to use a Fire Stone, but it's much better than Flareon and Ninetales (Flareon is garbage due to lack of good physical STAB; Ninetail is plain horrible). Magmortar is probably the best non-starter, non-legendary Fire type pokemon, but it requires trading...

Houndoom is also really good, if dual-types are considered.

I think Fire types are hopeless right now. For my SS I have no Fire types in my current party even though I started with one. I find Ice and Ground are sufficient to cover the lack of Fire.

I can't find Flareon's stats distribution for GenIII, though. Maybe for Hoenn Flareon is a good Fire-type.



----------------------

Come to think of it, the Magmortar line is the only non-starter Fire type line that has a three-stage evolution.
:]
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 03 2010 11:07 GMT
#185
On July 03 2010 11:49 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 11:16 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 10:45 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 10:38 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:59 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:44 Kenpachi wrote:
On June 28 2010 14:55 mOnion wrote:
well there's only a few moves like that,earthquake, surf like you said, and the dynamic of a lot of the moves changes when you 2v2

but ya 3v3 seems like an "uhhhhhh HOW BOUT 3V3???" kind of idea

Soon theres going to be FFA pokemon battles.


What's the point? Assuming moves work similarly to before, my Surf and Discharge will just hit and kill every other pokemon.... this goes against the fundamental challenge of FFA - choosing who to attack.

On May 30 2010 01:24 FraCuS wrote:
ME WANT PIGGY


I think the piggy is fire-type? I'd go for it then.

+ Show Spoiler +
I choose the fire starter for every single game. It's my policy.


On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?


I wonder the same thing.... although I think I remember a friend of a friend of mine chose grass for GSC.

The only reason to pick the fire starter every game is cause.. game freak tends to enjoy not giving you fire pokemon till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game when your pokemon are already 10 levels above them OR the pokemon are just total garbage.


What you are saying is partially true. There are fewer Fire type pokemon overall, and only a few are decent. This is a plus for choosing a Fire starter.

Offensively Fire is decent. Defensively, Fire is good in early game (especially across the forest that every single generation has).

On the down side, if you choose Fire as the starter, you will run into the pitfall of the Rock-type Gym that goes first in Kanto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh. Before the first Gym you typically have only your starter as well as Normal and Normal/Flying types to choose from, all of which are poor against Rock types.

Well in the older games id agree fire pokemon in general were much much better
Kanto had garbage like growlith and ponyta, i dont remember where you got Magmar(he was really good)
Hoenn..yeah if you didnt go fire it was like LOL GJ ON FUCKING UP BRO.
Atleast int he newest game you can get Magmar right after you get surf(he's a great pokemon imo) isnt far below your pokemons levels at that time (like 2-3 maybe) and can evolve into magmortar!

Though rock gyms arent a problem anymore since Charmander learns metal claw at 16 i think or fairly early, and after Johto all the newest starters get double kick..

Though what i said above generally doesnt sway me from picking the fire starter eitherway.
in b/w im def going grass cause it looks soooo cool, and that other fire thing looks kinda good


I think Arcanine is actually really good... at least in GenIV. Surely, you have to use a Fire Stone, but it's much better than Flareon and Ninetales (Flareon is garbage due to lack of good physical STAB; Ninetail is plain horrible). Magmortar is probably the best non-starter, non-legendary Fire type pokemon, but it requires trading...

Houndoom is also really good, if dual-types are considered.

I think Fire types are hopeless right now. For my SS I have no Fire types in my current party even though I started with one. I find Ice and Ground are sufficient to cover the lack of Fire.

I can't find Flareon's stats distribution for GenIII, though. Maybe for Hoenn Flareon is a good Fire-type.



----------------------

Come to think of it, the Magmortar line is the only non-starter Fire type line that has a three-stage evolution.


http://www.serebii.net has all the pokemon info.

Arcanine is ok but i hated leveling him as it took years..i like infernape but not near as much as blaziken for fire/fighting, i went with empoleon my first playthrough.

Though most fire pokemon suffer from poor stats or a shallow movepool and the ever common weakness to earthquake. so idk

Hopefully this gen will change stuff somehow
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
July 03 2010 11:11 GMT
#186
Classic Nintendo. How many times do they have to keep making the same game?
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
July 03 2010 11:25 GMT
#187
They're not remaking the same game, they're updating an existing game.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 03 2010 18:00 GMT
#188
On July 03 2010 20:07 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 11:49 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 11:16 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 10:45 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 10:38 arb wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:59 illu wrote:
On July 03 2010 09:44 Kenpachi wrote:
On June 28 2010 14:55 mOnion wrote:
well there's only a few moves like that,earthquake, surf like you said, and the dynamic of a lot of the moves changes when you 2v2

but ya 3v3 seems like an "uhhhhhh HOW BOUT 3V3???" kind of idea

Soon theres going to be FFA pokemon battles.


What's the point? Assuming moves work similarly to before, my Surf and Discharge will just hit and kill every other pokemon.... this goes against the fundamental challenge of FFA - choosing who to attack.

On May 30 2010 01:24 FraCuS wrote:
ME WANT PIGGY


I think the piggy is fire-type? I'd go for it then.

+ Show Spoiler +
I choose the fire starter for every single game. It's my policy.


On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?


I wonder the same thing.... although I think I remember a friend of a friend of mine chose grass for GSC.

The only reason to pick the fire starter every game is cause.. game freak tends to enjoy not giving you fire pokemon till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game when your pokemon are already 10 levels above them OR the pokemon are just total garbage.


What you are saying is partially true. There are fewer Fire type pokemon overall, and only a few are decent. This is a plus for choosing a Fire starter.

Offensively Fire is decent. Defensively, Fire is good in early game (especially across the forest that every single generation has).

On the down side, if you choose Fire as the starter, you will run into the pitfall of the Rock-type Gym that goes first in Kanto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh. Before the first Gym you typically have only your starter as well as Normal and Normal/Flying types to choose from, all of which are poor against Rock types.

Well in the older games id agree fire pokemon in general were much much better
Kanto had garbage like growlith and ponyta, i dont remember where you got Magmar(he was really good)
Hoenn..yeah if you didnt go fire it was like LOL GJ ON FUCKING UP BRO.
Atleast int he newest game you can get Magmar right after you get surf(he's a great pokemon imo) isnt far below your pokemons levels at that time (like 2-3 maybe) and can evolve into magmortar!

Though rock gyms arent a problem anymore since Charmander learns metal claw at 16 i think or fairly early, and after Johto all the newest starters get double kick..

Though what i said above generally doesnt sway me from picking the fire starter eitherway.
in b/w im def going grass cause it looks soooo cool, and that other fire thing looks kinda good


I think Arcanine is actually really good... at least in GenIV. Surely, you have to use a Fire Stone, but it's much better than Flareon and Ninetales (Flareon is garbage due to lack of good physical STAB; Ninetail is plain horrible). Magmortar is probably the best non-starter, non-legendary Fire type pokemon, but it requires trading...

Houndoom is also really good, if dual-types are considered.

I think Fire types are hopeless right now. For my SS I have no Fire types in my current party even though I started with one. I find Ice and Ground are sufficient to cover the lack of Fire.

I can't find Flareon's stats distribution for GenIII, though. Maybe for Hoenn Flareon is a good Fire-type.



----------------------

Come to think of it, the Magmortar line is the only non-starter Fire type line that has a three-stage evolution.


http://www.serebii.net has all the pokemon info.

Arcanine is ok but i hated leveling him as it took years..i like infernape but not near as much as blaziken for fire/fighting, i went with empoleon my first playthrough.

Though most fire pokemon suffer from poor stats or a shallow movepool and the ever common weakness to earthquake. so idk

Hopefully this gen will change stuff somehow


I just hope Flareon can learn Flare Blitz. Flareon already have good statistics; all it needs is a good physical STAB.
:]
KnightOfNi
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1508 Posts
July 03 2010 18:24 GMT
#189
WOOT I can't wait for it to come out

POKENERDS UNITE :D
RIP eSTRO :(
worldEnder
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia74 Posts
July 03 2010 18:30 GMT
#190
Doesn't matter if I get black or white..

HEE HEE
jaedong's dong is so baller.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 03 2010 21:27 GMT
#191
Is this new generation still going to be played on a 2D square grid? I think it's time they updated that.
FraCuS
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1072 Posts
July 03 2010 21:31 GMT
#192
I wanna play pokemon in 3....DEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:D

Seeing bubble beams attacking me would make my day.
Apink/Girl's Day/miss A/IU/Crayon Pop/Sistar/Exo K :D l Kpop and Kdrama Enthusiast
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 03 2010 23:05 GMT
#193
On July 04 2010 06:31 FraCuS wrote:
I wanna play pokemon in 3....DEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:D

Seeing bubble beams attacking me would make my day.



I always set the option such that the animations are not shown. That saves time.
:]
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
July 03 2010 23:07 GMT
#194
The grass starter looks like a dick. The fire one looks way too joyful. The water one looks like a failed creation.
your micro has been depleted
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
July 03 2010 23:19 GMT
#195
I remember the days where if you chose a Charmander, you would raeg cause you wouldn't be able to use him for the first two gyms... and I remember when there were only 150(+1), I'll never get used to the extra ones - never.
Lol a Fire pig, already ready for consumption. I'd pick the grass cause he looks like a boss.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 03 2010 23:36 GMT
#196
On July 04 2010 08:19 Rinrun wrote:
I remember the days where if you chose a Charmander, you would raeg cause you wouldn't be able to use him for the first two gyms... and I remember when there were only 150(+1), I'll never get used to the extra ones - never.
Lol a Fire pig, already ready for consumption. I'd pick the grass cause he looks like a boss.


I am guessing the fire pig is a bulky fire type pokemon. If so, it will fill a new niche as currently there are no bulky fire types.

But yea, choosing a fire starter can be bad for the first gym; currently, three of the four regions have rock type as the first gym.
:]
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
July 03 2010 23:41 GMT
#197
On May 13 2010 12:06 selboN wrote:
Does anyone ever pick the grass starter anyways?

I usually do the first time around, only because between i and 2 of my friends that play, one picks fire every time, and the other picks on final evo appearance, which usually leaves out grass
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
July 04 2010 00:39 GMT
#198
On July 04 2010 08:19 Rinrun wrote:
I remember the days where if you chose a Charmander, you would raeg cause you wouldn't be able to use him for the first two gyms... and I remember when there were only 150(+1), I'll never get used to the extra ones - never.
Lol a Fire pig, already ready for consumption. I'd pick the grass cause he looks like a boss.


Yea but in return you would get a Pokemon that raped every other gym after the first 2 and was ended up at the VERY LEAST moderately powerful.

Actually Charizard may have well been overpowered if he didn't have flying...
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 04 2010 06:04 GMT
#199
On July 04 2010 09:39 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2010 08:19 Rinrun wrote:
I remember the days where if you chose a Charmander, you would raeg cause you wouldn't be able to use him for the first two gyms... and I remember when there were only 150(+1), I'll never get used to the extra ones - never.
Lol a Fire pig, already ready for consumption. I'd pick the grass cause he looks like a boss.


Yea but in return you would get a Pokemon that raped every other gym after the first 2 and was ended up at the VERY LEAST moderately powerful.

Actually Charizard may have well been overpowered if he didn't have flying...


Fire/Flying is not a curse. Charizard has 5 resistances and 1 immunity (resists Fighting and immune to Ground); pure Fire type has 5 resistances and no immunities (resists Ice). In my opinion, immunities are far more useful then resistances. An immunity, especially an immunity to a common type such as Ground, attacks Charizard to be switched in more easily (you just need to anticipate a Ground-attack then switch Charizard in - Charizard will not be hurt due to immunity). The only thing that is bad for Charizard is his 4x weakness to Rock. If you have competitive battling in mind, then this is deadly because 4x weakness to Rock implies 50% HP loss from Stealth Rock when switching in. On the other hand Charizard is immune to all other entry hazards because it's part flying.

Overall I think it's a fair trade-off.
:]
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 06:34:07
July 04 2010 06:33 GMT
#200
On July 04 2010 08:19 Rinrun wrote:
I remember the days where if you chose a Charmander, you would raeg cause you wouldn't be able to use him for the first two gyms... and I remember when there were only 150(+1), I'll never get used to the extra ones - never.
Lol a Fire pig, already ready for consumption. I'd pick the grass cause he looks like a boss.


I remember fighting misty around 20 times and only able to use slash, with my almost level 30 charmeleon, while the rest of my pokemon were in their teens still... oh the pain
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1026
soO 432
Hyuk 402
Mini 225
ZerO 147
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 36
Bale 29
Mong 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 25
Terrorterran 14
yabsab 12
HiyA 11
ZergMaN 11
Dota 2
XaKoH 667
XcaliburYe336
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli550
Other Games
olofmeister906
ceh9639
Happy372
singsing372
Livibee194
crisheroes191
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH372
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1351
• Rush1315
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 11m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.