• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:32
CEST 23:32
KST 06:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8792 users

Torchlight II - Page 87

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
October 08 2012 15:37 GMT
#1721
On October 08 2012 05:40 myopia wrote:
my engi has found 6 berserker-only uniques, and nothing for other classes.

just gambled on two amulets, got two more zerk uniques.

what is this

Did all of act 3 on my Engi today and I only found Outlander uniques. I think I upgraded two pieces of equipment the whole act, one through the Blacksmith vendor. zzz
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 08 2012 15:39 GMT
#1722
On October 09 2012 00:28 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 00:03 Simberto wrote:
Not related to your problem, but you should really put a point into Rampage if you want to become even more berserky.


I was thinking about it, but 4% seems too low. Any experience in how often it procs?

It'll happen like once every other "big fight", which is often enough IMO.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
October 08 2012 15:52 GMT
#1723
On October 09 2012 00:14 Simberto wrote:
I was so happy when i got Frost Phase, that instantly removed all those problem because if i want to get away from stuff, i just port instead of walking. Is faster, and always works, instead of randomly hitting some dude with your wand for 15 damage when you REALLY want to get away from the giant troll that charges you.

Oh yeah, Frost Phase is a given for every mage. Ice Prison is another amazing spell, can be used to trap any annoying creatures, close off a path, or just general cannon fodder.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 08 2012 15:55 GMT
#1724
On October 09 2012 00:28 Odoakar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 00:03 Simberto wrote:
Not related to your problem, but you should really put a point into Rampage if you want to become even more berserky.


I was thinking about it, but 4% seems too low. Any experience in how often it procs?


It's really awesome when you're running back or to a location you've already cleared and squish a critter to get the speed boost. Probably not worth a skillpoint, but there are extra points so using one wouldn't really be the end of the world.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
.Wraath
Profile Joined May 2012
United States262 Posts
October 08 2012 17:38 GMT
#1725
On October 08 2012 05:01 Kupon3ss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 04:47 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Any advice for a solo outlander?

I'm level 31 dual pistols and I die a lot, if the game supported better micro then maybe quite a bit less, but still I feel like a complete glass cannon. I have only about 150 physical armor, while my pet has 300, I don't know if that is normal.
Is physical armor way more important than elemental armors? I also feel like investing skill points in dodge is a complete waste. I'm also completely broke all the time, are you supposed to just get mf gear and grind from time to time or what's the point?


What difficulty are you on and how far into the game are you?
First of all, backflips are your friends, backflip is probably the most important skill for solo outlanders in higher difficulties because it lets you extract yourself from situations extremely quickly as long as you're not dying in 1 hit. Another issue is that are you using the basic attackmore often than not instead of the high range abilities like shadowshot that lets you "scout ahead" (think guided arrows in d2) and allowing enemies to run into you before shooting them with basic attacks.


How does one "backflip" ?
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
October 08 2012 17:48 GMT
#1726
On October 09 2012 02:38 .Wraath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 05:01 Kupon3ss wrote:
On October 08 2012 04:47 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Any advice for a solo outlander?

I'm level 31 dual pistols and I die a lot, if the game supported better micro then maybe quite a bit less, but still I feel like a complete glass cannon. I have only about 150 physical armor, while my pet has 300, I don't know if that is normal.
Is physical armor way more important than elemental armors? I also feel like investing skill points in dodge is a complete waste. I'm also completely broke all the time, are you supposed to just get mf gear and grind from time to time or what's the point?


What difficulty are you on and how far into the game are you?
First of all, backflips are your friends, backflip is probably the most important skill for solo outlanders in higher difficulties because it lets you extract yourself from situations extremely quickly as long as you're not dying in 1 hit. Another issue is that are you using the basic attackmore often than not instead of the high range abilities like shadowshot that lets you "scout ahead" (think guided arrows in d2) and allowing enemies to run into you before shooting them with basic attacks.


How does one "backflip" ?

Probably using the Rune Vault skill.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
October 08 2012 18:23 GMT
#1727
Oh my god...just logged into D3 after maybe a month to check my barbarian, and it moves sooooo sloooow, I was first thinking something was wrong with my PC...it's incredible how perception can work, I still can't believe, it used to bug me a bit, but now is just crazy how slow the barb is
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
October 08 2012 18:30 GMT
#1728
Sorry guys is there a game manual online that I could read? I bought TL1 over the summer, loved it (Similar to Fate- another great game, same people behind the game)

I just want to know basic information so I can be prepared to DELVE THE DUNGEON when spare time presents itself. Max difficulty for Co-op? Hardest for single player is Veteran right?
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
October 08 2012 19:24 GMT
#1729
On October 09 2012 03:30 Slardar wrote:
Sorry guys is there a game manual online that I could read? I bought TL1 over the summer, loved it (Similar to Fate- another great game, same people behind the game)

I just want to know basic information so I can be prepared to DELVE THE DUNGEON when spare time presents itself. Max difficulty for Co-op? Hardest for single player is Veteran right?


There is a higher difficulty called elite! I don't think you need any manual, just click everything you see on screen and you should be sorted (and you will start reading the skills etc when you leveled up or right clicking cant kill shit anymore).
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
BadAssJ
Profile Joined October 2012
United States136 Posts
October 08 2012 19:31 GMT
#1730
I just had the worst multiplayer experience in TL2... ridiculous loading times bm people who insta kick and just people who dc making it seem like there is no point in patience. While lanning with friends it was the greatest ARPG ever... internet is absolute trash they really got to polish it up in upcoming patches... I feel like I only played for the single player and that is worth no more than 20$ I guess...
Proud Fapper to Tossgirl!!! (126 times!)
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
October 08 2012 20:06 GMT
#1731
On October 08 2012 23:12 Odoakar wrote:
My dual wielding berserker is a real killing machine, but I keep dying so easily, not sure what the problem is. Is my dodge mabye to small, or elemental armors, or whatever, but I can die before I even get to hit that Shadow burst or chug a potion. Currently on NG+.

But once I hit that haste, dervish and rage it's just absolute destruction, reminds me of my frenzybarb from D2.

ice shield helps a lot
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 08 2012 20:50 GMT
#1732
On October 09 2012 03:30 Slardar wrote:
Sorry guys is there a game manual online that I could read? I bought TL1 over the summer, loved it (Similar to Fate- another great game, same people behind the game)

I just want to know basic information so I can be prepared to DELVE THE DUNGEON when spare time presents itself. Max difficulty for Co-op? Hardest for single player is Veteran right?


If you've played Torchlight 1 or Fate you will have no need for a game guide. The systems are introduced during the game pretty well, and most of them are exactly the same.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-08 21:11:49
October 08 2012 21:03 GMT
#1733
So this is pretty much the most ridiculous farming route/location ever. Spoiler'd because it a) spoils the plot and b) might spoil your farming enjoyment?

+ Show Spoiler +
After beating the Alchemist (phase 3), activate the waypoint in The Broken Mines - Floor 5. Reroll the world and take the waypoint back to The Broken Mines. Use the lift nearby to go up a floor and fight the Alchemist (phase 3). He will always drop one level 50ish unique and a spell scroll. Don't forget the ornate chest that may also drop some uniques.

Enjoy your myriad of uniques!
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-08 21:46:30
October 08 2012 21:46 GMT
#1734
On October 09 2012 04:31 BadAssJ wrote:
I just had the worst multiplayer experience in TL2... ridiculous loading times bm people who insta kick and just people who dc making it seem like there is no point in patience. While lanning with friends it was the greatest ARPG ever... internet is absolute trash they really got to polish it up in upcoming patches... I feel like I only played for the single player and that is worth no more than 20$ I guess...


You should use that single experience to make assumptions about everyone else who plays the game on-line.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
October 08 2012 22:21 GMT
#1735
On October 09 2012 04:31 BadAssJ wrote:
I just had the worst multiplayer experience in TL2... ridiculous loading times bm people who insta kick and just people who dc making it seem like there is no point in patience. While lanning with friends it was the greatest ARPG ever... internet is absolute trash they really got to polish it up in upcoming patches... I feel like I only played for the single player and that is worth no more than 20$ I guess...


The open lobby system does lack certain features and there are some netcode issues but generally online play is fairly pleasant, you probably just ran into some unfriendly people. Please give it another try and join the TL Steam group.
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
October 08 2012 23:23 GMT
#1736
On October 09 2012 06:03 garbanzo wrote:
So this is pretty much the most ridiculous farming route/location ever. Spoiler'd because it a) spoils the plot and b) might spoil your farming enjoyment?

+ Show Spoiler +
After beating the Alchemist (phase 3), activate the waypoint in The Broken Mines - Floor 5. Reroll the world and take the waypoint back to The Broken Mines. Use the lift nearby to go up a floor and fight the Alchemist (phase 3). He will always drop one level 50ish unique and a spell scroll. Don't forget the ornate chest that may also drop some uniques.

Enjoy your myriad of uniques!


You found out that farming bosses over and over gives the most loot?

Congrats dude
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-08 23:34:30
October 08 2012 23:33 GMT
#1737
On October 09 2012 08:23 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 06:03 garbanzo wrote:
So this is pretty much the most ridiculous farming route/location ever. Spoiler'd because it a) spoils the plot and b) might spoil your farming enjoyment?

+ Show Spoiler +
After beating the Alchemist (phase 3), activate the waypoint in The Broken Mines - Floor 5. Reroll the world and take the waypoint back to The Broken Mines. Use the lift nearby to go up a floor and fight the Alchemist (phase 3). He will always drop one level 50ish unique and a spell scroll. Don't forget the ornate chest that may also drop some uniques.

Enjoy your myriad of uniques!


You found out that farming bosses over and over gives the most loot?

Congrats dude

Umm...most ARPGs, that I've played, don't have farmable bosses that consistently drop uniques and are accessible in less than 5 seconds. That's why the route/location is ridiculous. I didn't say the idea of farming a boss is ridiculous.

You don't have to be an asshat just because you think you know better, you know.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
October 09 2012 03:13 GMT
#1738
Are there any +skill items in this game? I'm in act 3 and haven't seen any yet.
it's my first day
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12014 Posts
October 09 2012 03:17 GMT
#1739
No, but there are some that proc skills under certain circumstances (on hit, on kill, on getting hit)
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-09 04:02:17
October 09 2012 03:49 GMT
#1740
On October 09 2012 00:39 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 00:28 Odoakar wrote:
On October 09 2012 00:03 Simberto wrote:
Not related to your problem, but you should really put a point into Rampage if you want to become even more berserky.


I was thinking about it, but 4% seems too low. Any experience in how often it procs?

It'll happen like once every other "big fight", which is often enough IMO.


I can almost guarantee it is bugged and procs much more than 4% on kill..

I've got one point in to it, and at 4% on kill it -should- activate once every 25 kills (average), right? If you've got a berserker, do an experiment and run over a few of the rats/worms/other neutral critters, and count how many it takes before you get that yellow wolf and move waaay faster than you would otherwise!

In my experience, it feels more like it's around 18%. This is based on it being up quite frequently, and very often proccing again in its 5 second duration, despite me definitely not killing 5 mobs a second. Also based on running over neutral critters, and having it proc 1/6th - 1/8th of the time.

Definitely worth a point. Unless further points are also bugged, I don't think the 0.5% increased proc chance is worth the extra points.

(Yup. No idea how it works, but I ran out and killed some things slowly, it activated on the 5th kill, then the 2nd kill after that, then again on the 11th kill, and again on the 9th kill. Definitely not 4%)
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
JuggernautJason83
ViBE0
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 207
Dewaltoss 95
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm12
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5811
Khaldor949
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g6695
FrodaN2467
shahzam433
KnowMe322
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC115
ArmadaUGS89
Trikslyr48
ZombieGrub45
PPMD43
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21244
Other Games
• imaqtpie920
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
29m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 29m
Online Event
13h 29m
FEL
18h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.