• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:15
CEST 19:15
KST 02:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8659 users

Torchlight II - Page 88

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
October 09 2012 10:42 GMT
#1741
Djinns next task in act2 was wtf hard for me, on top of that I had to play the first part twice because I accidentally into town.
In the end I got 5ish set items and 2 uniques out of it,(because I figured the hidden loot on the first time :d)
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
October 09 2012 11:18 GMT
#1742
On October 09 2012 08:33 garbanzo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 08:23 Zoler wrote:
On October 09 2012 06:03 garbanzo wrote:
So this is pretty much the most ridiculous farming route/location ever. Spoiler'd because it a) spoils the plot and b) might spoil your farming enjoyment?

+ Show Spoiler +
After beating the Alchemist (phase 3), activate the waypoint in The Broken Mines - Floor 5. Reroll the world and take the waypoint back to The Broken Mines. Use the lift nearby to go up a floor and fight the Alchemist (phase 3). He will always drop one level 50ish unique and a spell scroll. Don't forget the ornate chest that may also drop some uniques.

Enjoy your myriad of uniques!


You found out that farming bosses over and over gives the most loot?

Congrats dude

Umm...most ARPGs, that I've played, don't have farmable bosses that consistently drop uniques and are accessible in less than 5 seconds. That's why the route/location is ridiculous. I didn't say the idea of farming a boss is ridiculous.

You don't have to be an asshat just because you think you know better, you know.


Well, I haven't tried exactly what you described, but I've played the game enough that it didn't surprise me. It also sounds exactly like Diablo 2 and oh wait.. this game is a diablo 2 copy..

Lim Yo Hwan forever!
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
October 09 2012 12:01 GMT
#1743
On October 09 2012 19:42 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Djinns next task in act2 was wtf hard for me, on top of that I had to play the first part twice because I accidentally into town.
In the end I got 5ish set items and 2 uniques out of it,(because I figured the hidden loot on the first time :d)



hidden loot? what? where?
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
October 09 2012 14:06 GMT
#1744
On October 09 2012 20:18 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 08:33 garbanzo wrote:
On October 09 2012 08:23 Zoler wrote:
On October 09 2012 06:03 garbanzo wrote:
So this is pretty much the most ridiculous farming route/location ever. Spoiler'd because it a) spoils the plot and b) might spoil your farming enjoyment?

+ Show Spoiler +
After beating the Alchemist (phase 3), activate the waypoint in The Broken Mines - Floor 5. Reroll the world and take the waypoint back to The Broken Mines. Use the lift nearby to go up a floor and fight the Alchemist (phase 3). He will always drop one level 50ish unique and a spell scroll. Don't forget the ornate chest that may also drop some uniques.

Enjoy your myriad of uniques!


You found out that farming bosses over and over gives the most loot?

Congrats dude

Umm...most ARPGs, that I've played, don't have farmable bosses that consistently drop uniques and are accessible in less than 5 seconds. That's why the route/location is ridiculous. I didn't say the idea of farming a boss is ridiculous.

You don't have to be an asshat just because you think you know better, you know.


Well, I haven't tried exactly what you described, but I've played the game enough that it didn't surprise me. It also sounds exactly like Diablo 2 and oh wait.. this game is a diablo 2 copy..


Diablo 2 actually had a flag that is triggered the first time you kill the boss for each difficulty. One of the things the flag did was to make it so item drops from killing that boss beyond the first time were not as good. Torchlight 2 doesn't seem to have that same anti-boss farming system, as far as I can tell.

Also, I'm not really sure what boss you're referring to in Diablo 2 that is this accessible...
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Sindriss
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark263 Posts
October 09 2012 14:48 GMT
#1745
any boss with tele?
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 09 2012 15:12 GMT
#1746
On October 09 2012 21:01 SF-Fork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 19:42 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Djinns next task in act2 was wtf hard for me, on top of that I had to play the first part twice because I accidentally into town.
In the end I got 5ish set items and 2 uniques out of it,(because I figured the hidden loot on the first time :d)



hidden loot? what? where?

lots of dungeons have hidden areas that arnt displayed on the minimap. they usually have a pile of gold and some chests.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
October 09 2012 15:29 GMT
#1747
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
October 09 2012 16:28 GMT
#1748
On October 10 2012 00:29 garbanzo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).


Pindle runs were pretty fast (~30 seconds total). Found a random youtube example.

HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-09 17:38:58
October 09 2012 16:30 GMT
#1749
On October 09 2012 21:01 SF-Fork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 19:42 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Djinns next task in act2 was wtf hard for me, on top of that I had to play the first part twice because I accidentally into town.
In the end I got 5ish set items and 2 uniques out of it,(because I figured the hidden loot on the first time :d)



hidden loot? what? where?


+ Show Spoiler +
after you kill the green guy that spams those swords, don't run into the teleport right away


e. just found a unique sword called scrapper, guess I'm switching to melee when I hit level 41.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
October 09 2012 17:06 GMT
#1750
On October 10 2012 01:28 el_dawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 00:29 garbanzo wrote:
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).


Pindle runs were pretty fast (~30 seconds total). Found a random youtube example.

[snip]

Yeah, Pindle is actually a pretty good example of a boss with the same level of accessibility.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
BadAssJ
Profile Joined October 2012
United States136 Posts
October 09 2012 17:39 GMT
#1751
On October 10 2012 01:28 el_dawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 00:29 garbanzo wrote:
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).


Pindle runs were pretty fast (~30 seconds total). Found a random youtube example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ4zfHIFDAs

The dude was farming on normal difficulty
Proud Fapper to Tossgirl!!! (126 times!)
Iranon
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States983 Posts
October 09 2012 17:58 GMT
#1752
On October 10 2012 02:39 BadAssJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 01:28 el_dawg wrote:
On October 10 2012 00:29 garbanzo wrote:
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).


Pindle runs were pretty fast (~30 seconds total). Found a random youtube example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ4zfHIFDAs

The dude was farming on normal difficulty


Nope, that's Hell difficulty. You can tell because of the monster immunities.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
October 09 2012 17:58 GMT
#1753
more like u'd stack mf on a sorc, then pull all the zombies into a room before flamewalling them for 10 minutes
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 02:03:06
October 10 2012 02:01 GMT
#1754
On October 10 2012 01:28 el_dawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 00:29 garbanzo wrote:
On October 09 2012 23:48 Sindriss wrote:
any boss with tele?

I guess I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2. I didn't realize that tele could consistently get you to the bosses, from reset, in 5 clicks or less and two loading screens (for about 5 secs of time depending on how fast your computer is).


Pindle runs were pretty fast (~30 seconds total). Found a random youtube example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ4zfHIFDAs


LOL the guy leaves a small charm on the floor. What the shit MAN! Also doesn't pick up half the fucking RARES when he has 0 charms in his inventory , all this open space and only 55k gold. That epic farming skeelz.....OCD D2 .
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
October 10 2012 05:02 GMT
#1755
On October 10 2012 01:30 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 21:01 SF-Fork wrote:
On October 09 2012 19:42 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Djinns next task in act2 was wtf hard for me, on top of that I had to play the first part twice because I accidentally into town.
In the end I got 5ish set items and 2 uniques out of it,(because I figured the hidden loot on the first time :d)



hidden loot? what? where?


+ Show Spoiler +
after you kill the green guy that spams those swords, don't run into the teleport right away


e. just found a unique sword called scrapper, guess I'm switching to melee when I hit level 41.


lol i started using that sword at lvl 20 on my engineer, pretty op lol
savior did nothing wrong
carpola
Profile Joined August 2010
United States168 Posts
October 10 2012 05:31 GMT
#1756
I just died on my HC veteran embermage Level 32. Decided to head to a 35 zone where you have to stay inside that circle of light or you get hurt. The stupid blades that emerge from the ground dealt so much that I couldn't teleport.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 10 2012 05:36 GMT
#1757
On October 10 2012 14:31 carpola wrote:
I just died on my HC veteran embermage Level 32. Decided to head to a 35 zone where you have to stay inside that circle of light or you get hurt. The stupid blades that emerge from the ground dealt so much that I couldn't teleport.

Luminous Arena is infamous for it's difficulty; I would say it's definitely top 3 hardest maps in the game. Just make sure you pay attention to the patterns of the blades, and be overleveled for that particular level.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
B1nary
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada1267 Posts
October 10 2012 06:15 GMT
#1758
Weird thing just happened. I bought 2 pistols from the gambling guy, and it turned out that they were the same unique pistol (not complaining of course). I thought only 1 instance of a unique item can spawn per game. Has that happened to anyone else before?
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 06:19:04
October 10 2012 06:18 GMT
#1759
Yeah, you can get the same unique more than once with the same stats. It happens all the time at certain levels where the choice of uniques for the RNG is pretty limited.
happyft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States470 Posts
October 10 2012 06:24 GMT
#1760
holy crap... just did the tar phase beast challenge on veteran with a str/dex outlander and man was that hard. took me well over an hour, since I had to constantly adjust my strategies and see what would work. i still don't fully understand what the mechanics are for the tar bosses, but it seems that:

1 - physical attacks cause the tars to replicate
2 - the bosses can heal themselves from tar corpses
3 - stepping on the tiniest tar blobs seem to reduce the total tar count

so the best strategy seems to be focusing on a single tar boss until the tar minion count gets too high then aoe them with poison daggers (do not use regular attacks for this!). Wait for the poison to kill the minions, then step on as many tiny tar blobs as possible, then repeat. the key is to use physical attacks as LITTLE as possible as they seem to multiply the tar minion count significantly, which ultimately ends up healing the bosses significantly.

jesus that took forever to figure out!
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1162
SteadfastSC763
ComeBackTV 740
TaKeTV 542
IndyStarCraft 220
Rex134
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 763
IndyStarCraft 220
ProTech153
Rex 134
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 22
UpATreeSC 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40159
Shuttle 783
Mini 407
Larva 356
Rush 347
Dewaltoss 103
Hyuk 82
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 42
[ Show more ]
Sexy 29
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9396
qojqva1745
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 814
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1386
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1277
FrodaN1224
Beastyqt312
DeMusliM268
XBOCT190
ArmadaUGS172
Mlord127
KnowMe120
C9.Mang0101
XaKoH 101
QueenE88
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH306
• StrangeGG 42
• poizon28 35
• Hinosc 16
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3529
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
• imaqtpie318
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 45m
Online Event
17h 45m
FEL
22h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.