• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6185 users

Torchlight II - Page 67

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
September 26 2012 17:07 GMT
#1321
On September 27 2012 01:54 Caphe wrote:
Just finished the game at level 47 in Veteran. Starting out with Elite untill the Luminous Arena in ACT 2. I don't see how you can get thru ACT 2 Elite w/o some intensive farming on Normal mode. So I just decide to let it go since I want to finish the game.
Gonna try to play NG+ in Elite, since there is no rush to see the end, I can farm properly :D.

This game beat D3 in every boss fight from the first one to the final boss. Runic is just so awesome.


The thing about the Luminous arena is that you can't let that circle fool you. Sometimes kiting outside of it and taking THAT damage is the lesser of two evils if you know what I mean. Better to take that dot damage and avoid the champions attacks piled on with the army of their minions.

I died so many times in that area before I just started running outside the circle when the situation called for it. You just have to make a judgment call. Health pots will outheal the damage being outside of the circle easy enough as long as not much other damage is incoming.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 17:13:09
September 26 2012 17:12 GMT
#1322
On September 27 2012 02:07 Leth0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 01:54 Caphe wrote:
Just finished the game at level 47 in Veteran. Starting out with Elite untill the Luminous Arena in ACT 2. I don't see how you can get thru ACT 2 Elite w/o some intensive farming on Normal mode. So I just decide to let it go since I want to finish the game.
Gonna try to play NG+ in Elite, since there is no rush to see the end, I can farm properly :D.

This game beat D3 in every boss fight from the first one to the final boss. Runic is just so awesome.


The thing about the Luminous arena is that you can't let that circle fool you. Sometimes kiting outside of it and taking THAT damage is the lesser of two evils if you know what I mean. Better to take that dot damage and avoid the champions attacks piled on with the army of their minions.

I died so many times in that area before I just started running outside the circle when the situation called for it. You just have to make a judgment call. Health pots will outheal the damage being outside of the circle easy enough as long as not much other damage is incoming.

Yep, I was thinking about that too. In elite, taking the DOT outside the circle is quite legit step to beat it. But I still need to farm since I was underlevel and undergeared and I am not that patient the first time play thru since I want to see the final boss so bad .
I think if you want to solo Elite, at least you need to get close to 60 at the end of the first play thru. I was 47 after beating Veteran, quite a bit of farm you have to do there.

And I am a mage, so every damn thing in Elite 1or 2 shooted me.
Terran
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
September 26 2012 18:07 GMT
#1323
On September 27 2012 02:12 Caphe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 02:07 Leth0 wrote:
On September 27 2012 01:54 Caphe wrote:
Just finished the game at level 47 in Veteran. Starting out with Elite untill the Luminous Arena in ACT 2. I don't see how you can get thru ACT 2 Elite w/o some intensive farming on Normal mode. So I just decide to let it go since I want to finish the game.
Gonna try to play NG+ in Elite, since there is no rush to see the end, I can farm properly :D.

This game beat D3 in every boss fight from the first one to the final boss. Runic is just so awesome.


The thing about the Luminous arena is that you can't let that circle fool you. Sometimes kiting outside of it and taking THAT damage is the lesser of two evils if you know what I mean. Better to take that dot damage and avoid the champions attacks piled on with the army of their minions.

I died so many times in that area before I just started running outside the circle when the situation called for it. You just have to make a judgment call. Health pots will outheal the damage being outside of the circle easy enough as long as not much other damage is incoming.

Yep, I was thinking about that too. In elite, taking the DOT outside the circle is quite legit step to beat it. But I still need to farm since I was underlevel and undergeared and I am not that patient the first time play thru since I want to see the final boss so bad .
I think if you want to solo Elite, at least you need to get close to 60 at the end of the first play thru. I was 47 after beating Veteran, quite a bit of farm you have to do there.

And I am a mage, so every damn thing in Elite 1or 2 shooted me.


i beated veteran at lvl 53 with my mage without farming,,,,however I did explore every single nook and cranie to make sure I didnt miss anything. I also got an adventuring spell in act 3.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
September 26 2012 18:54 GMT
#1324
On September 27 2012 02:07 Caphe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 01:29 Zoler wrote:
On September 27 2012 01:27 RonNation wrote:
Zoler you are being pretty over dramatic for a 3 level step back.


It's not the levels it's the item I got, by far the best item I've seen in this game so far :/

lol, just disable steam cloud. Any item you find at the beginning will become trash later. So unless you are find a lv100 item, you have nothing to be mad about.
Its frustrate when you lost some lvs and items because of steam, but if anything don't blame the game. It has nothing to do with it, its more like Steam has failed you.


50% fire damage along with a lot of other stats, crap :/
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
September 26 2012 19:22 GMT
#1325
i like only find beserker uniques lol i have 4 in my stash right now around lvl 35-40 and that's after i transmuted a bunch, if you wanna go glaive/poison route then dex/focus with a bit in vitality is what you want, also getting the passive that gives you +%4 poison damage each rank really helps.
savior did nothing wrong
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
September 26 2012 19:35 GMT
#1326
Playing embermage, act 3, lvl 44, elite.

I have to say, Frostmage seems so powerful. Maybe less raw power than firemage, but have a shitload of survival tools.

Aoe slow/stun/high % freeze. Teleport+Ice prision save my ass all day long.

Chicken gank op
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 26 2012 19:40 GMT
#1327
On September 27 2012 04:35 Belha wrote:
Playing embermage, act 3, lvl 44, elite.

I have to say, Frostmage seems so powerful. Maybe less raw power than firemage, but have a shitload of survival tools.

Aoe slow/stun/high % freeze. Teleport+Ice prision save my ass all day long.


I started splashing more Frost on my Fire Mage because I realized there's actually a lot more skill points by the endgame than I expected (and staggered level requirements for skills means I can level all of them at once). Double Brands seems like a significant boost to damage-dealing ability.

Do any of the Lightning spells other than Prismatic Bolts apply the "Shock" debuff?
Moderator
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 19:46:57
September 26 2012 19:46 GMT
#1328
I think all lightning damage has a chance to shock, even if the description doesn't say it does.

For comparison, Magma Spear doesn't say it has a chance to burn (the DoT attached to the skill is actually not "burn" and won't trigger Fire Brand) but it still burns stuff just fine.

At least the lightning locus thingy can shock, because I've seen that do so.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
September 26 2012 19:47 GMT
#1329
On September 27 2012 04:46 crate wrote:
I think all lightning damage has a chance to shock, even if the description doesn't say it does.

For comparison, Magma Spear doesn't say it has a chance to burn (the DoT attached to the skill is actually not "burn" and won't trigger Fire Brand) but it still burns stuff just fine.


Yeah they say both of the things you're saying in loading screens
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
September 26 2012 19:56 GMT
#1330
On September 27 2012 04:35 Belha wrote:
Playing embermage, act 3, lvl 44, elite.

I have to say, Frostmage seems so powerful. Maybe less raw power than firemage, but have a shitload of survival tools.

Aoe slow/stun/high % freeze. Teleport+Ice prision save my ass all day long.



All the survival tools are available to fire mages, who will have way more damage as well.

I got 1 point in teleport, why would you need to specc frost to have that? -.-
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
September 26 2012 20:01 GMT
#1331
How do I increase the damage of Spider Mines?

I like the application of those, but they only deal 1 point of damage (Veteran, level 15 enemies, myself being level as well).

| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 26 2012 20:31 GMT
#1332
On September 27 2012 05:01 kafkaesque wrote:
How do I increase the damage of Spider Mines?

I like the application of those, but they only deal 1 point of damage (Veteran, level 15 enemies, myself being level as well).


they do damage over time, and explode for 1 damage if that mob you're attacking is blocking. you have to shatter blocking minions first.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 26 2012 20:56 GMT
#1333
found two of these by the start of act 2, lol
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=4260448021897397907
starleague forever
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 26 2012 20:56 GMT
#1334
any1 else here try a cannonzerker? I've been finding it really entertaining, but also a lot more challenging than anything else i've tried so far.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 20:59:13
September 26 2012 20:58 GMT
#1335
On September 26 2012 13:07 Zhou wrote:
[image loading] (Click it)

I just wanted to show off this sword that's served me well for the past 10 levels. I think if I do replace it, I'll just keep it in storage for memory. Loving the game as I play it on and off, much more than Diablo III did for me. Ignore the execute gem, I was just trying to free up space in storage. I'll replace it soon enough!


i pretty much just transmute all the gems i fiind. and then i transmute those if i dont like them. good way of clearing space ;d
starleague forever
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 21:26:24
September 26 2012 21:26 GMT
#1336
yeah elite is pretty bullshit. I went for a bit tanky engineer and it honestly takes an eternity to kill anything. I spent over 1 hour at the tentacle boss without dying once. One fucking hour to whack him down. And the desert after was even worse. Maybe it's cause I can't find a good sword but damn everything takes forever to kill.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
chennis
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan227 Posts
September 26 2012 21:45 GMT
#1337
On September 27 2012 06:26 Shauni wrote:
yeah elite is pretty bullshit. I went for a bit tanky engineer and it honestly takes an eternity to kill anything. I spent over 1 hour at the tentacle boss without dying once. One fucking hour to whack him down. And the desert after was even worse. Maybe it's cause I can't find a good sword but damn everything takes forever to kill.


spidermines, gunbot, and sledge bot!!!!!

they don't rely on your damage!
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 26 2012 21:47 GMT
#1338
what is transmuting how do you do that
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
September 26 2012 21:49 GMT
#1339
On September 27 2012 06:47 travis wrote:
what is transmuting how do you do that

Once you get to zeryphesh in act 2 you gain access to the transmuter. He can:
upgrade your potions at a 3:1 ratio
get a random gem of the same level at a 3:1 ratio
get a random unique at a 4:1 ratio
socket an item for 2 equal or higher level gems than the item
get a random spell at a 2:1 ratio
get a random map at a 2:1 ratio
boomer hands
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 26 2012 21:57 GMT
#1340
If I choose to NG+, can I still access the map scrolls again somehow?
Moderator
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko6
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6732
actioN 535
BeSt 518
Leta 486
Jaedong 398
Larva 210
EffOrt 171
Mong 127
sorry 113
Dewaltoss 102
[ Show more ]
Zeus 99
ToSsGirL 64
scan(afreeca) 63
Killer 61
Barracks 58
Free 46
sSak 39
Shinee 38
Aegong 36
Bale 33
soO 26
FanTaSy 22
NotJumperer 19
HiyA 17
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe179
Counter-Strike
byalli826
Other Games
summit1g9115
olofmeister910
singsing541
Happy336
crisheroes245
Pyrionflax197
KnowMe105
dupreeh48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1
UltimateBattle 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1050
• Stunt382
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 6m
Replay Cast
13h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.