• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6661 users

Touhou Discussion Thread - Page 79

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 306 Next
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 01:56:13
September 26 2011 01:53 GMT
#1561
Sadly, it isn't perfect over here either. I don't really know about school systems outside of Sweden but some planning is required even here. What I see as positive is that you can always be kind of safe. Before high school everyone does the same things, so the only thing that matters there are grades. In high school you have to begin choosing. I studied science in high school myself and I believe it's the best because it allows you choose almost whatever college level education you want. However you can forget getting a job after high school with that because it's only theory. There are other high school courses like electrician though, these leads mainly to a job but not any further education in particular. So you can be kind of safe in highschool if you know you want to continue studying afterwards. Then yeah, college or universities, you can't really study everything anymore.

The tests you are speaking about I have no idea what they mean really :p Here a college education might require you to have at least a passing grade in math A,B,C, swedish A and english A. Then the students with the highest grades get in. Some courses require you to do tests to get in. There is one other way however for getting into a college and it's probably similar to the tests you wrote about. You take tests for like 8 hours (After doing this, I was sooo tired when I got home haha) in math, swedish and english. You then get a number from 0.0 to 2.0 and you can use that to get into college as well. If you have a lot of experience from working you get a 0.5 point bonus, freakin cheaters. But this means that even if you haven't studied for some time and forgotten a lot you have a chance to get into college.

That's about how our school system works. In some ways it's good but there are also a lot of retarded things. For example if you want to get into our best medical school you need perfect grades. So if you had like the next highest grade in some useless subject like theatre, you can't study at the school you wanted to become a surgeon.

Haha I googled about the happiest countries in the world and they were all scandinavian, if the sources are reliable. I think this is because of our culture and socialism. Very few people live in misery like not having a home or no food, the government helps almost everyone. I'm not too sure people were more happy before though. A good definition would probably be that they had it easier, they didn't have to study as much because jobs didn't require as much expertise. I can imagine it would be harder if they wanted to become really good at something though because education was worse. But swedes have become more stupid over time... High school graduates learn less and less and I know several persons who dropped out.

The spare time in college is all about what education you choose haha. For example if you want to become a civil engineer you can forget hobbies and social life. But if you pick some slack course like you have a lot of spare time.

New piano arrange every post~

Maybe because of our slack culture people get happier here? If it is okay to fail no one would get depressed about it. Alcohol could also contribute I guess but that's kind of general. lol sorry for wall of text...

Here's something to make up for it:
+ Show Spoiler +

So if it takes 10 minutes to read my post, you will have to listen to this song 4-5 times to make up for it
I am Latedi.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 02:41:56
September 26 2011 02:38 GMT
#1562
On September 26 2011 10:53 Latedi wrote:
Sadly, it isn't perfect over here either. I don't really know about school systems outside of Sweden but some planning is required even here. What I see as positive is that you can always be kind of safe. Before high school everyone does the same things, so the only thing that matters there are grades. In high school you have to begin choosing. I studied science in high school myself and I believe it's the best because it allows you choose almost whatever college level education you want. However you can forget getting a job after high school with that because it's only theory. There are other high school courses like electrician though, these leads mainly to a job but not any further education in particular. So you can be kind of safe in highschool if you know you want to continue studying afterwards. Then yeah, college or universities, you can't really study everything anymore.

The tests you are speaking about I have no idea what they mean really :p Here a college education might require you to have at least a passing grade in math A,B,C, swedish A and english A. Then the students with the highest grades get in. Some courses require you to do tests to get in. There is one other way however for getting into a college and it's probably similar to the tests you wrote about. You take tests for like 8 hours (After doing this, I was sooo tired when I got home haha) in math, swedish and english. You then get a number from 0.0 to 2.0 and you can use that to get into college as well. If you have a lot of experience from working you get a 0.5 point bonus, freakin cheaters. But this means that even if you haven't studied for some time and forgotten a lot you have a chance to get into college.

That's about how our school system works. In some ways it's good but there are also a lot of retarded things. For example if you want to get into our best medical school you need perfect grades. So if you had like the next highest grade in some useless subject like theatre, you can't study at the school you wanted to become a surgeon.

Haha I googled about the happiest countries in the world and they were all scandinavian, if the sources are reliable. I think this is because of our culture and socialism. Very few people live in misery like not having a home or no food, the government helps almost everyone. I'm not too sure people were more happy before though. A good definition would probably be that they had it easier, they didn't have to study as much because jobs didn't require as much expertise. I can imagine it would be harder if they wanted to become really good at something though because education was worse. But swedes have become more stupid over time... High school graduates learn less and less and I know several persons who dropped out.

The spare time in college is all about what education you choose haha. For example if you want to become a civil engineer you can forget hobbies and social life. But if you pick some slack course like you have a lot of spare time.

New piano arrange every post~

Maybe because of our slack culture people get happier here? If it is okay to fail no one would get depressed about it. Alcohol could also contribute I guess but that's kind of general. lol sorry for wall of text...

Here's something to make up for it:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY7WTtxmso

So if it takes 10 minutes to read my post, you will have to listen to this song 4-5 times to make up for it


Nah more like 2 minutes ^-^

Ah shit, 8 hours??? And I thought 4 hours was pretty tiring here.

Yeah I really like the idea of socialism. Stuff like medical care, all that. Should be a given. If you aren't familiar... i'll give you a stupid situation in America. Let's say you're driving, and you're obeying all the rules. There's heavy traffic. Suddenly some drunk dude swerves out of his lane and runs into you. There were so many cars around you, there was no where to go to avoid it or lessen the impact. You have to pay for your own injuries, unless you have insurance... which is so fucking expensive. Cus you know, it's your fault you were driving and your fault you didn't know that car had a drunk driver that was gonna run into you and that you didn't go to some different road. <_> Now you can sue, but really, that's just lame.

Anyway, may be Sweden doesn't have it then, i hear that some european countries, or at least in germany, college is more "standard" meaning whatever college you go to doesn't make too much different, just do well at one of them in whatever you want to do and you're good.

You said you can take classes like on electrician... that's interesting. So are these classes like degrees, like bosses will look to see if you take them, or is it just a head start?

Slack course, hm. Well there's a bunch of lazy people in America kekek.

Don't mind the wall of text, the more I read the better cus then i can help my reading skills

Anyway, your english is amazing haha. I wish i could be that fluent in korean or japanese.

Edit: That song is my kind of style .

I shared this before, but i'll share it again anyways since it's what i'm listening to atm.

Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream
[Piano / Flute ]
+ Show Spoiler +


so pretty ~ if you go to the homepage (HP) link you can listen to other songs by them
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 03:05:53
September 26 2011 02:58 GMT
#1563
Oh shit, we're talking about serious real-life things? QUICK SOMEONE POST A LOLI

EDIT: I just searched the string "touhou loli" to try and get the thread on track again. I deeply, deeply regret my decision.

EDIT II: Okay, back on track. I took a quick shower to erase the images. Mind is pure once again.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 26 2011 03:39 GMT
#1564
On September 26 2011 11:58 Aeres wrote:
Oh shit, we're talking about serious real-life things? QUICK SOMEONE POST A LOLI

EDIT: I just searched the string "touhou loli" to try and get the thread on track again. I deeply, deeply regret my decision.

EDIT II: Okay, back on track. I took a quick shower to erase the images. Mind is pure once again.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Kawaii <3
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 11:26:03
September 26 2011 11:25 GMT
#1565
On September 26 2011 11:38 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2011 10:53 Latedi wrote:
Sadly, it isn't perfect over here either. I don't really know about school systems outside of Sweden but some planning is required even here. What I see as positive is that you can always be kind of safe. Before high school everyone does the same things, so the only thing that matters there are grades. In high school you have to begin choosing. I studied science in high school myself and I believe it's the best because it allows you choose almost whatever college level education you want. However you can forget getting a job after high school with that because it's only theory. There are other high school courses like electrician though, these leads mainly to a job but not any further education in particular. So you can be kind of safe in highschool if you know you want to continue studying afterwards. Then yeah, college or universities, you can't really study everything anymore.

The tests you are speaking about I have no idea what they mean really :p Here a college education might require you to have at least a passing grade in math A,B,C, swedish A and english A. Then the students with the highest grades get in. Some courses require you to do tests to get in. There is one other way however for getting into a college and it's probably similar to the tests you wrote about. You take tests for like 8 hours (After doing this, I was sooo tired when I got home haha) in math, swedish and english. You then get a number from 0.0 to 2.0 and you can use that to get into college as well. If you have a lot of experience from working you get a 0.5 point bonus, freakin cheaters. But this means that even if you haven't studied for some time and forgotten a lot you have a chance to get into college.

That's about how our school system works. In some ways it's good but there are also a lot of retarded things. For example if you want to get into our best medical school you need perfect grades. So if you had like the next highest grade in some useless subject like theatre, you can't study at the school you wanted to become a surgeon.

Haha I googled about the happiest countries in the world and they were all scandinavian, if the sources are reliable. I think this is because of our culture and socialism. Very few people live in misery like not having a home or no food, the government helps almost everyone. I'm not too sure people were more happy before though. A good definition would probably be that they had it easier, they didn't have to study as much because jobs didn't require as much expertise. I can imagine it would be harder if they wanted to become really good at something though because education was worse. But swedes have become more stupid over time... High school graduates learn less and less and I know several persons who dropped out.

The spare time in college is all about what education you choose haha. For example if you want to become a civil engineer you can forget hobbies and social life. But if you pick some slack course like you have a lot of spare time.

New piano arrange every post~

Maybe because of our slack culture people get happier here? If it is okay to fail no one would get depressed about it. Alcohol could also contribute I guess but that's kind of general. lol sorry for wall of text...

Here's something to make up for it:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY7WTtxmso

So if it takes 10 minutes to read my post, you will have to listen to this song 4-5 times to make up for it


Nah more like 2 minutes ^-^

Ah shit, 8 hours??? And I thought 4 hours was pretty tiring here.

Yeah I really like the idea of socialism. Stuff like medical care, all that. Should be a given. If you aren't familiar... i'll give you a stupid situation in America. Let's say you're driving, and you're obeying all the rules. There's heavy traffic. Suddenly some drunk dude swerves out of his lane and runs into you. There were so many cars around you, there was no where to go to avoid it or lessen the impact. You have to pay for your own injuries, unless you have insurance... which is so fucking expensive. Cus you know, it's your fault you were driving and your fault you didn't know that car had a drunk driver that was gonna run into you and that you didn't go to some different road. <_> Now you can sue, but really, that's just lame.

Anyway, may be Sweden doesn't have it then, i hear that some european countries, or at least in germany, college is more "standard" meaning whatever college you go to doesn't make too much different, just do well at one of them in whatever you want to do and you're good.

You said you can take classes like on electrician... that's interesting. So are these classes like degrees, like bosses will look to see if you take them, or is it just a head start?

Slack course, hm. Well there's a bunch of lazy people in America kekek.

Don't mind the wall of text, the more I read the better cus then i can help my reading skills

Anyway, your english is amazing haha. I wish i could be that fluent in korean or japanese.

Edit: That song is my kind of style .

I shared this before, but i'll share it again anyways since it's what i'm listening to atm.

Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream
[Piano / Flute ]
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIDY4IJV-g&feature=autoshare


so pretty ~ if you go to the homepage (HP) link you can listen to other songs by them


If I ever went to America I would be so careful that sounds pretty scary. Your laws about suing are pretty hilarious sometimes though, like the woman who ate gum and got depressed for 10 minutes ^^

And yeah, education is pretty specific. You study for something and then get a job depending on that. You can either get a job like electrician or barber after high school or something more advanced after college. I heard the same as you about America also, that there are colleges where the first year for example is the same for everyone and then you specialize after that.

And I have studied english since I was like 5 years old :p Lots of time to practice, not to mention the internet. However when I'm speaking I sound like a typical swede with the extremely ugly accent etc.

Learning languages kind of suck the older you get. It's fun but so much harder ;_;

On September 26 2011 11:58 Aeres wrote:
Oh shit, we're talking about serious real-life things? QUICK SOMEONE POST A LOLI

EDIT: I just searched the string "touhou loli" to try and get the thread on track again. I deeply, deeply regret my decision.

EDIT II: Okay, back on track. I took a quick shower to erase the images. Mind is pure once again.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Haha be careful with what you google xD Terrible terrible things can happen.
I am Latedi.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 26 2011 19:13 GMT
#1566
On September 26 2011 20:25 Latedi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2011 11:38 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On September 26 2011 10:53 Latedi wrote:
Sadly, it isn't perfect over here either. I don't really know about school systems outside of Sweden but some planning is required even here. What I see as positive is that you can always be kind of safe. Before high school everyone does the same things, so the only thing that matters there are grades. In high school you have to begin choosing. I studied science in high school myself and I believe it's the best because it allows you choose almost whatever college level education you want. However you can forget getting a job after high school with that because it's only theory. There are other high school courses like electrician though, these leads mainly to a job but not any further education in particular. So you can be kind of safe in highschool if you know you want to continue studying afterwards. Then yeah, college or universities, you can't really study everything anymore.

The tests you are speaking about I have no idea what they mean really :p Here a college education might require you to have at least a passing grade in math A,B,C, swedish A and english A. Then the students with the highest grades get in. Some courses require you to do tests to get in. There is one other way however for getting into a college and it's probably similar to the tests you wrote about. You take tests for like 8 hours (After doing this, I was sooo tired when I got home haha) in math, swedish and english. You then get a number from 0.0 to 2.0 and you can use that to get into college as well. If you have a lot of experience from working you get a 0.5 point bonus, freakin cheaters. But this means that even if you haven't studied for some time and forgotten a lot you have a chance to get into college.

That's about how our school system works. In some ways it's good but there are also a lot of retarded things. For example if you want to get into our best medical school you need perfect grades. So if you had like the next highest grade in some useless subject like theatre, you can't study at the school you wanted to become a surgeon.

Haha I googled about the happiest countries in the world and they were all scandinavian, if the sources are reliable. I think this is because of our culture and socialism. Very few people live in misery like not having a home or no food, the government helps almost everyone. I'm not too sure people were more happy before though. A good definition would probably be that they had it easier, they didn't have to study as much because jobs didn't require as much expertise. I can imagine it would be harder if they wanted to become really good at something though because education was worse. But swedes have become more stupid over time... High school graduates learn less and less and I know several persons who dropped out.

The spare time in college is all about what education you choose haha. For example if you want to become a civil engineer you can forget hobbies and social life. But if you pick some slack course like you have a lot of spare time.

New piano arrange every post~

Maybe because of our slack culture people get happier here? If it is okay to fail no one would get depressed about it. Alcohol could also contribute I guess but that's kind of general. lol sorry for wall of text...

Here's something to make up for it:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY7WTtxmso

So if it takes 10 minutes to read my post, you will have to listen to this song 4-5 times to make up for it


Nah more like 2 minutes ^-^

Ah shit, 8 hours??? And I thought 4 hours was pretty tiring here.

Yeah I really like the idea of socialism. Stuff like medical care, all that. Should be a given. If you aren't familiar... i'll give you a stupid situation in America. Let's say you're driving, and you're obeying all the rules. There's heavy traffic. Suddenly some drunk dude swerves out of his lane and runs into you. There were so many cars around you, there was no where to go to avoid it or lessen the impact. You have to pay for your own injuries, unless you have insurance... which is so fucking expensive. Cus you know, it's your fault you were driving and your fault you didn't know that car had a drunk driver that was gonna run into you and that you didn't go to some different road. <_> Now you can sue, but really, that's just lame.

Anyway, may be Sweden doesn't have it then, i hear that some european countries, or at least in germany, college is more "standard" meaning whatever college you go to doesn't make too much different, just do well at one of them in whatever you want to do and you're good.

You said you can take classes like on electrician... that's interesting. So are these classes like degrees, like bosses will look to see if you take them, or is it just a head start?

Slack course, hm. Well there's a bunch of lazy people in America kekek.

Don't mind the wall of text, the more I read the better cus then i can help my reading skills

Anyway, your english is amazing haha. I wish i could be that fluent in korean or japanese.

Edit: That song is my kind of style .

I shared this before, but i'll share it again anyways since it's what i'm listening to atm.

Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream
[Piano / Flute ]
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIDY4IJV-g&feature=autoshare


so pretty ~ if you go to the homepage (HP) link you can listen to other songs by them


If I ever went to America I would be so careful that sounds pretty scary. Your laws about suing are pretty hilarious sometimes though, like the woman who ate gum and got depressed for 10 minutes ^^

And yeah, education is pretty specific. You study for something and then get a job depending on that. You can either get a job like electrician or barber after high school or something more advanced after college. I heard the same as you about America also, that there are colleges where the first year for example is the same for everyone and then you specialize after that.

And I have studied english since I was like 5 years old :p Lots of time to practice, not to mention the internet. However when I'm speaking I sound like a typical swede with the extremely ugly accent etc.

Learning languages kind of suck the older you get. It's fun but so much harder ;_;

Show nested quote +
On September 26 2011 11:58 Aeres wrote:
Oh shit, we're talking about serious real-life things? QUICK SOMEONE POST A LOLI

EDIT: I just searched the string "touhou loli" to try and get the thread on track again. I deeply, deeply regret my decision.

EDIT II: Okay, back on track. I took a quick shower to erase the images. Mind is pure once again.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Haha be careful with what you google xD Terrible terrible things can happen.


Ah ok.

Well yeah that's true, if you don't know what to do you can take all the "prelim" classes in first and second year, then start specializing in 3rd and 4th year. But what I meant was more like, here you have to apply to colleges individually and they all have their own regulations, policies, rules, and all that, so it's really time consuming. Not sure if it's like that in europe. If you're unlucky, you might happen to not be accepted into any colleges, and will have to work 1 year or join community college instead and maybe transfer later.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
September 26 2011 19:35 GMT
#1567
On September 27 2011 04:13 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2011 20:25 Latedi wrote:
On September 26 2011 11:38 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On September 26 2011 10:53 Latedi wrote:
Sadly, it isn't perfect over here either. I don't really know about school systems outside of Sweden but some planning is required even here. What I see as positive is that you can always be kind of safe. Before high school everyone does the same things, so the only thing that matters there are grades. In high school you have to begin choosing. I studied science in high school myself and I believe it's the best because it allows you choose almost whatever college level education you want. However you can forget getting a job after high school with that because it's only theory. There are other high school courses like electrician though, these leads mainly to a job but not any further education in particular. So you can be kind of safe in highschool if you know you want to continue studying afterwards. Then yeah, college or universities, you can't really study everything anymore.

The tests you are speaking about I have no idea what they mean really :p Here a college education might require you to have at least a passing grade in math A,B,C, swedish A and english A. Then the students with the highest grades get in. Some courses require you to do tests to get in. There is one other way however for getting into a college and it's probably similar to the tests you wrote about. You take tests for like 8 hours (After doing this, I was sooo tired when I got home haha) in math, swedish and english. You then get a number from 0.0 to 2.0 and you can use that to get into college as well. If you have a lot of experience from working you get a 0.5 point bonus, freakin cheaters. But this means that even if you haven't studied for some time and forgotten a lot you have a chance to get into college.

That's about how our school system works. In some ways it's good but there are also a lot of retarded things. For example if you want to get into our best medical school you need perfect grades. So if you had like the next highest grade in some useless subject like theatre, you can't study at the school you wanted to become a surgeon.

Haha I googled about the happiest countries in the world and they were all scandinavian, if the sources are reliable. I think this is because of our culture and socialism. Very few people live in misery like not having a home or no food, the government helps almost everyone. I'm not too sure people were more happy before though. A good definition would probably be that they had it easier, they didn't have to study as much because jobs didn't require as much expertise. I can imagine it would be harder if they wanted to become really good at something though because education was worse. But swedes have become more stupid over time... High school graduates learn less and less and I know several persons who dropped out.

The spare time in college is all about what education you choose haha. For example if you want to become a civil engineer you can forget hobbies and social life. But if you pick some slack course like you have a lot of spare time.

New piano arrange every post~

Maybe because of our slack culture people get happier here? If it is okay to fail no one would get depressed about it. Alcohol could also contribute I guess but that's kind of general. lol sorry for wall of text...

Here's something to make up for it:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY7WTtxmso

So if it takes 10 minutes to read my post, you will have to listen to this song 4-5 times to make up for it


Nah more like 2 minutes ^-^

Ah shit, 8 hours??? And I thought 4 hours was pretty tiring here.

Yeah I really like the idea of socialism. Stuff like medical care, all that. Should be a given. If you aren't familiar... i'll give you a stupid situation in America. Let's say you're driving, and you're obeying all the rules. There's heavy traffic. Suddenly some drunk dude swerves out of his lane and runs into you. There were so many cars around you, there was no where to go to avoid it or lessen the impact. You have to pay for your own injuries, unless you have insurance... which is so fucking expensive. Cus you know, it's your fault you were driving and your fault you didn't know that car had a drunk driver that was gonna run into you and that you didn't go to some different road. <_> Now you can sue, but really, that's just lame.

Anyway, may be Sweden doesn't have it then, i hear that some european countries, or at least in germany, college is more "standard" meaning whatever college you go to doesn't make too much different, just do well at one of them in whatever you want to do and you're good.

You said you can take classes like on electrician... that's interesting. So are these classes like degrees, like bosses will look to see if you take them, or is it just a head start?

Slack course, hm. Well there's a bunch of lazy people in America kekek.

Don't mind the wall of text, the more I read the better cus then i can help my reading skills

Anyway, your english is amazing haha. I wish i could be that fluent in korean or japanese.

Edit: That song is my kind of style .

I shared this before, but i'll share it again anyways since it's what i'm listening to atm.

Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream
[Piano / Flute ]
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIDY4IJV-g&feature=autoshare


so pretty ~ if you go to the homepage (HP) link you can listen to other songs by them


If I ever went to America I would be so careful that sounds pretty scary. Your laws about suing are pretty hilarious sometimes though, like the woman who ate gum and got depressed for 10 minutes ^^

And yeah, education is pretty specific. You study for something and then get a job depending on that. You can either get a job like electrician or barber after high school or something more advanced after college. I heard the same as you about America also, that there are colleges where the first year for example is the same for everyone and then you specialize after that.

And I have studied english since I was like 5 years old :p Lots of time to practice, not to mention the internet. However when I'm speaking I sound like a typical swede with the extremely ugly accent etc.

Learning languages kind of suck the older you get. It's fun but so much harder ;_;

On September 26 2011 11:58 Aeres wrote:
Oh shit, we're talking about serious real-life things? QUICK SOMEONE POST A LOLI

EDIT: I just searched the string "touhou loli" to try and get the thread on track again. I deeply, deeply regret my decision.

EDIT II: Okay, back on track. I took a quick shower to erase the images. Mind is pure once again.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Haha be careful with what you google xD Terrible terrible things can happen.


Ah ok.

Well yeah that's true, if you don't know what to do you can take all the "prelim" classes in first and second year, then start specializing in 3rd and 4th year. But what I meant was more like, here you have to apply to colleges individually and they all have their own regulations, policies, rules, and all that, so it's really time consuming. Not sure if it's like that in europe. If you're unlucky, you might happen to not be accepted into any colleges, and will have to work 1 year or join community college instead and maybe transfer later.


Yeah it's pretty much the same thing here, some college's have their own tests etc though. It's not that you can't have them it's just that most school doesn't really care. Other than it's the same as in America. If your grades aren't good enough etc you won't get in and you better have a backup plan.
I am Latedi.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 21:22:21
September 26 2011 19:49 GMT
#1568
*terrible terrible damage!

Ah ok. Such fast replies in this thread these days.

Here's a decent song

Girls' Sealing Club
+ Show Spoiler +


The PICTURE IS SO CUTE
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 03:38:25
September 27 2011 03:35 GMT
#1569


Just saw this. Thought I'd share.

Edit:

JAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 27 2011 04:22 GMT
#1570
haha i like those, i saw the one with youmu, now to finish watching
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 06:17:23
September 27 2011 06:16 GMT
#1571
On September 26 2011 06:30 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Here you go.

Edit: The first video in the first link is taken down cus the guy closed his account Sucks cus he had all the subtitles in it (the song's lyrics are in japanese, engrish, and indian, and he also had subtitles translating the meaning, including fixing the engrish). So here's a new link. It's the first Mai Kotohge song I heard of her, introduced to me by i think Aeres.

+ Show Spoiler +



Arranged by Atoguru

Show nested quote +
I just noticed that 3 songs I like a lot

+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREh4U5oz_4

Are all sung by the same singer, Mai Kotoge, and arranged by the same person, Atoguru (except the third one), and are all by C-CLAYS

Should have realized that, they have similar feel and all <_>

+ Show Spoiler +
Set me free!! FRAGILE MIND!!! ~



Show nested quote +
Also ^

Hartmann's Youkai Girl
+ Show Spoiler +


Show nested quote +
So far they are all decent, i'm sure they'll grow on me more, this one sounds pretty cool though. It's a bit "dubstep"-y, but it's not as bland or obscure as most dubstep.

Magus Night
+ Show Spoiler +


Sounds pretty baller


Arranged by K2 - not as good as Atoguru's, but still good

Show nested quote +
The Mystery in your Town
By C-Clays, sung by Mai Kotohge, but arranged by K2 instead of Atoguru
+ Show Spoiler +


Show nested quote +
Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom
by C-CLAYS
Sung by Mai Kotohge
Arranged by K2

+ Show Spoiler +


Damn I wish there were more songs of Atoguru + Mai Kotohge, I thought there must be... but I looked through all of C-CLAY's discography. There aren't even that many other Mai Kotohge songs.

I forgot to include one here, though it is my least favorite arrange of atoguru + mai. I think Aeres showed this here a few months back, but i didn't know it was by atoguru + mai.

U.N. Owen was Her?
+ Show Spoiler +


Not bad but not the style that I like from Atoguru.

The last one I haven't heard yet is

Septette for the Dead Princess.
+ Show Spoiler +


This one isn't as beastly as Atoguru's other works, but it's not the worst. I wouldn't say it's epic but it's decent.


Fuuuu atoguru, make more songs xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 19:50:48
September 27 2011 19:49 GMT
#1572
Set me freeeeeeeeeeeeee
Fragile Miiiiiiiind~

haha you should watch MikoMiko Spark
That one was my favorite
+ Show Spoiler +
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 27 2011 20:23 GMT
#1573
Haha nice one, and it has color and is more animated xD, from 2 years ago too? o.o

Anyways, lol they don't show the guys. There is only one gender!!! woot
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
September 27 2011 22:11 GMT
#1574
These skits are so weird... The one with Aya is sooo fun though
I am Latedi.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 22:25:07
September 27 2011 22:16 GMT
#1575
Mmmm Night Sakura remix
I expect more of this to pop up :D

If you find any link please~

+ Show Spoiler +

actually it's kind of hard to tell the original song lol

edit: found another one

+ Show Spoiler +

This one I can make out more haha
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 22:43:06
September 27 2011 22:35 GMT
#1576
On September 28 2011 07:16 JSH wrote:
Mmmm Night Sakura remix
I expect more of this to pop up :D

If you find any link please~

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DvQebGetk&feature=related

actually it's kind of hard to tell the original song lol

edit: found another one

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1RlGO6EYU&feature=related

This one I can make out more haha


@the first one

I posted this one here before (instrumental), and I agree I can't really hear anything of Sakura, idk if u can hear ghost lead (i'm not familiar with that song, that arrange is supposed to be a mix of both of them).

I didn't know there were vocals to go with it though <3, so thx for sharing :D

@second one

decent arrange :D

Night sakura is such a beautiful song

Oh ZUN, u secksee beest
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
September 27 2011 23:35 GMT
#1577
On September 28 2011 07:35 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 07:16 JSH wrote:
Mmmm Night Sakura remix
I expect more of this to pop up :D

If you find any link please~

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DvQebGetk&feature=related

actually it's kind of hard to tell the original song lol

edit: found another one

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1RlGO6EYU&feature=related

This one I can make out more haha


@the first one

I posted this one here before (instrumental), and I agree I can't really hear anything of Sakura, idk if u can hear ghost lead (i'm not familiar with that song, that arrange is supposed to be a mix of both of them).

I didn't know there were vocals to go with it though <3, so thx for sharing :D

@second one

decent arrange :D

Night sakura is such a beautiful song

Oh ZUN, u secksee beest


haha you did xD
I didn't really like the vocals on that one actually

I'm getting forgetful or something, I posted the same song twice too ;_;
That Strawberry Crisis song --;;

Huh a Nuclear Fusion I never heard :>

EastNewSound
+ Show Spoiler +

"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 28 2011 01:26 GMT
#1578
On September 28 2011 08:35 JSH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 07:35 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On September 28 2011 07:16 JSH wrote:
Mmmm Night Sakura remix
I expect more of this to pop up :D

If you find any link please~

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DvQebGetk&feature=related

actually it's kind of hard to tell the original song lol

edit: found another one

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1RlGO6EYU&feature=related

This one I can make out more haha


@the first one

I posted this one here before (instrumental), and I agree I can't really hear anything of Sakura, idk if u can hear ghost lead (i'm not familiar with that song, that arrange is supposed to be a mix of both of them).

I didn't know there were vocals to go with it though <3, so thx for sharing :D

@second one

decent arrange :D

Night sakura is such a beautiful song

Oh ZUN, u secksee beest


haha you did xD
I didn't really like the vocals on that one actually

I'm getting forgetful or something, I posted the same song twice too ;_;
That Strawberry Crisis song --;;

Huh a Nuclear Fusion I never heard :>

EastNewSound
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZkYzXRwY0&feature=related



its ok i reposted the same 2 songs like within 2 consecutive pages xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 28 2011 04:11 GMT
#1579
Fuck shit, i rechecked atoguru's arrangements (all sung by mai kotohge) and there were a lot i missed or forgot about xD Woot

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +


So good <3
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
September 28 2011 20:25 GMT
#1580
So many songs to listen to~

here is a nice remix by t=node

+ Show Spoiler +
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 306 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko60
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
sorry 116
Dewaltoss 111
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
Counter-Strike
byalli883
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister977
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes232
KnowMe114
dupreeh47
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2m
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN21
WardiTV Weekly
1h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 2m
Replay Cast
13h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.