• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7296 users

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Discussion - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
December 12 2010 02:14 GMT
#201
heroics are clearly designed to distinguish the good from the bad.
Commentator
jstar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada568 Posts
December 12 2010 02:22 GMT
#202
On December 12 2010 11:14 GTR wrote:
heroics are clearly designed to distinguish the good from the bad.


This is sarcasm right?

Anyways now that cata is slightly harder, what are the chances of Blizzard nerfing it and catering to mass QQ once again?

I'm thinking of coming back but if that even has the slightest chance of happening I won't, cuz then I will have to resort to calling out "wotlk scrub" for every person I see in order to quench my inner rage.
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
December 12 2010 02:25 GMT
#203
On December 12 2010 11:22 jstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 11:14 GTR wrote:
heroics are clearly designed to distinguish the good from the bad.


This is sarcasm right?

Anyways now that cata is slightly harder, what are the chances of Blizzard nerfing it and catering to mass QQ once again?

I'm thinking of coming back but if that even has the slightest chance of happening I won't, cuz then I will have to resort to calling out "wotlk scrub" for every person I see in order to quench my inner rage.


i know how you feel, it outright sucked when in TBC when stuff I was pretty damn proud of at the time like killing kael on our first night of tries and the ages we spent slaving on mag and the damn trash only for it to get pummelled into the ground with the nerf stick
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
December 12 2010 02:36 GMT
#204
What worries me is people going 11/12 in raids while members of the raid are still using greens and pre-333 blues after the games been out for not even 36hours

Heroics so far have proved entertaining, but cc still isn't required and most bosses boil down to don't stand in shit.
drlame
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden574 Posts
January 19 2011 21:30 GMT
#205
Is anyone else experiencing extreme BG-queue times? I'm playing on Talnivarr (horde) and the wait times are usually between 20-80 minutes. It's pretty retarded. has anyone heard any official new on this? I'm very curious if Blizzard is going to address this or just let it be.
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
October 18 2011 12:06 GMT
#206
I couldn't really find any other active WoW thread, and this one seemed to be the most apt, so... Yeah. Is anyone else super-pumped for 4.3? New dungeons! Epic dragon slaying!??? It's gonna be fantastic!

Also I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick to death of fire at this point.

I guess there's also the transmogrification coming in too, but I don't really have the money or the awesome old stuff for that so well, other folks can be excited for that.

Apparently part of the Deathwing fight is gonna take place on his back while he flies around the continent. That is going to be sooooooooooo awesome.

Ahhhhhh!
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
October 18 2011 12:18 GMT
#207
Yeah 4.3 seems like it will be pretty cool, I'm especially looking forward to all the rogue changes

..owait
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
October 18 2011 12:51 GMT
#208
you get legendaries, stop complaining
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
October 18 2011 15:03 GMT
#209
4.3 sounds as awesome as Cataclysm did and look how that turned out.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
October 31 2011 14:20 GMT
#210
I havent played in over 2 years and someone is trying to talk me into it. I use to play at a top 200 world level so is the game worth coming back to or is it just a huge time sink that sucks like it did in Wrath?
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
October 31 2011 14:25 GMT
#211
I've raided this entire expansion... GM and raid leader of my same guild since vanilla. Honestly... I definitely wouldn't recommend coming back for the game play. The main reason I still play is about half of my 25 man group raided MC with me together many many years ago, so its more for the people.

The actual content could be interesting to see once... I probably won't quit until I kill death wing, but its a shell of its former self imo. I'm not the guy who just says "vanilla so good, bc bla bla", but its honestly true, Wrath killed wow with the whole, click a switch for bosses to turn heroic. Not much in the game feels epic any more at all... I got the latest legendary staff and it still was... not very exciting, although 1 shotting people in battlegrounds is fun.

Since Wrath I've had more fun playing other games but still continued to raid hardcore on Wow.. but again I would definitely NOT recommend anyone come back to WoW unless you cannot find anything else to play at all.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-31 14:52:36
October 31 2011 14:50 GMT
#212
I mainly wanted to come back because I never got a chance to play with people I knew when I played. Someone I met in real life at school asked me to play. But I dont want to come back if the game is just as bad as wrath was my time is valuablish to me and I dont want to loose it all go a bad game.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 20 2011 22:24 GMT
#213


They released another one.

I'm...I'm lost.

This is what this games community has devolved too? Chuck Norris jokes again?

Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
November 21 2011 00:32 GMT
#214
On October 31 2011 23:25 Pufftrees wrote:
I've raided this entire expansion... GM and raid leader of my same guild since vanilla. Honestly... I definitely wouldn't recommend coming back for the game play. The main reason I still play is about half of my 25 man group raided MC with me together many many years ago, so its more for the people.

The actual content could be interesting to see once... I probably won't quit until I kill death wing, but its a shell of its former self imo. I'm not the guy who just says "vanilla so good, bc bla bla", but its honestly true, Wrath killed wow with the whole, click a switch for bosses to turn heroic. Not much in the game feels epic any more at all... I got the latest legendary staff and it still was... not very exciting, although 1 shotting people in battlegrounds is fun.

Since Wrath I've had more fun playing other games but still continued to raid hardcore on Wow.. but again I would definitely NOT recommend anyone come back to WoW unless you cannot find anything else to play at all.


i remember having to allocate hours to farm primal shadows to get past mother in BT... and now you just zone into instances with any gear and win, it sure is a shadow..
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
November 21 2011 00:44 GMT
#215
I don't plan on playing anymore. First off they lied about how much raiding content there would be this expansion, 3 tiers instead of the promised 4. PvP has gone downhill. BC was awesome, Wrath was ok, Cata is just terrible. No matter how cool the next expansion looks I just can't get past the fact that anything they promise can just go out the door.
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 11:11:26
December 09 2011 10:42 GMT
#216
I couldn't find any general discussion thread for WoW so this will have to do.

If you haven't played WoW for a while, check your e-mail, I just got 7 days free.

I don't know what the criteria is for this, but I'm interested to know if anyone else got it. Seems like a bit of cheap marketing to get people back in to WoW (are they really struggling so much? :S) but I did want to check out the raid finder so it came at the right time I guess.

screenshot of e-mail is in the spoiler
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

p.s: it's legit, activated and logged in already :D

oh, also, you shouldn't even think about clicking anything from an e-mail (regardless of where the link points to) if you don't have an authenticator.
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
December 09 2011 10:55 GMT
#217
For the love god make sure you pick the right email, if you even got a legit email. I get ~2 scam mails a day. Some reputable sites out there must really sell email information as I do not use that email address for random sites.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 11:09:43
December 09 2011 11:07 GMT
#218
The LFR System is a joke. I've heard you can just ignore effects and dps/heal through things. Get pesudo-tier gear.

My guild is on the 10m Deathwing fight to unlock heroics. I'm enjoying that it's still challenging. It's not as challenging as it once was, when Cata came out, but it's still hard. I'm the best geared Bear tank on Hyjal US right now, good server.

My ranking of WoW phases goes Cata>Vanilla>TBC>Wrath (played since the original WoW open beta)

Nothing pleased me more than seeing all the wrath babies get their shit pushed in when they actually had to dodge effects, pay attention to single target dps order, and respect crowd control. Shit was HILARIOUS.

Also, mainly just play to hang out and chat with people- but we get some pretty good raiding done in the meantime.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 11:15:19
December 09 2011 11:12 GMT
#219
On December 09 2011 20:07 cursor wrote:
The LFR System is a joke. I've heard you can just ignore effects and dps/heal through things. Get pesudo-tier gear.

Sounds good to me, would just like to see some content really. I'm sure random's will still figure out ways to fail (tanks wearing cloth etc etc etc)

Personally my WoW phases goes
TBC>WotLK>Vanilla>Cata

Vanilla was good but, it was way too grindy... Only reason I dislike cata (ever since the 4.0 update really) is that everything is linear, from 1 to 85 (apart from the tbc and lk zones but even they are so short you barely get to level through 3 of them)... They really screwed that up.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
December 09 2011 11:19 GMT
#220
Watched my flatmate play:

The LFR System is a joke. I've heard you can just ignore effects and dps/heal through things. Get pesudo-tier gear.


is 100% true. He is also on Deathwing atm with his group and does the LFG thing with his twinks. You can completly ignore most bosses abilitise because they do like no damage.

This whole patch is a fucking joke.



Cata was fun right after release, than they slowly transformed it into Wrath 2.0 and now it's utter garbage again.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1468
WardiTV983
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7740
Bisu 1966
Shuttle 981
Horang2 786
Larva 552
Stork 479
EffOrt 388
BeSt 361
actioN 271
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
Light 190
Mind 134
hero 133
Rush 127
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 72
Mong 66
Barracks 62
Shinee 53
JYJ 42
sorry 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 27
Killer 26
Sexy 24
Shine 23
Aegong 22
HiyA 18
soO 16
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 13
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Free 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5126
qojqva2522
Dendi1047
febbydoto39
Counter-Strike
fl0m3332
Fnx 510
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2878
hiko1012
B2W.Neo870
TKL 489
Livibee409
XBOCT259
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX201
XaKoH 156
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3241
• Jankos2190
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 18m
Replay Cast
8h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.