• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9567 users

[TV] Dexter

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 341 342 343 Next
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:31:29
November 20 2007 03:18 GMT
#1
I know a lot of people watch and enjoy Heroes - so do I. But there is another extremely good show around, personally I think it even beats Heroes, its name is Dexter. Using the search function I only found a blog entry by someone and that's definitely not enough. This show needs more recognition!

I do watch quite a lot of shows by getting them off bittorrent, since they air so much later here (if they ever do and if they indeed do they are often horribly dubbed). I have seen decent shows, good shows and great shows - Dexter is definitely one of the greatest.
Let me ist a couple of shows that I have really enjoyed (from different genres) and still enjoy, just so you get an idea what my quality standards are:
24
Alias
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Deadwood
Entourage
Heroes
Lost
Prison Break
Rome
The Shield

I really urge you to try this show out, but please start by watching the complete first season
I can almost guarantee that you will love it.
Dexter is one of the most fascinating characters of TV History if you ask me.

So - who else watches it here?
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
November 20 2007 03:21 GMT
#2
dexter? isnt it the show called Dexter's labrotory?
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:24:43
November 20 2007 03:23 GMT
#3
no, I'm talking about something totally different. this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:24:34
November 20 2007 03:24 GMT
#4
Dexter's Lab was great.
Retired BW Noob
comabreaded
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States2166 Posts
November 20 2007 03:25 GMT
#5
Dexter's Lab!
I put the fu in fun
koryano321
Profile Joined June 2007
United States309 Posts
November 20 2007 03:25 GMT
#6
dexter the sociopath obsessed with blood is AMAZING props to u carnac for knowing what is a good show ><
Scorpio2012 wrote: i guess god is about as useful as a protoss scout
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
November 20 2007 03:32 GMT
#7
hahaha i was thinking the exact same thing!! but with all do respect, dexter's lab is awesome :D only heard of the other (Dexter) series from friends...
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
November 20 2007 03:36 GMT
#8
I watch it. I'd be interested in a thread to discuss the latest episodes like we have for Heroes. But for now I'll refrain from posting spoilers and just talk in general.

Dexter is an amazing character. I've never rooted for a character as much as I root for Dexter and that is so twisted and awesome at the same time. The story arc for season one was great. Paying close attention to details in the story pays off. But the bigger payoff is paying close attention to everything concerning Dexter as a character. Every conflict he has and every decision he makes will tie you up as a viewer so much more if you're with him every step of the way.

Also, my mother's cousin worked on the show and won an Emmy for his work on the show!

Has anyone read the series of novels it is based on and also watched the television series? I'm thinking about reading the novels but I'm not sure.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
KoveN-
Profile Joined October 2004
Australia504 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 04:24:35
November 20 2007 03:38 GMT
#9
This is one the best shows I've seen. Been watching from the start, s02e08 is ready for me to watch when I get home xD

Highly recommended to check it out if you haven't already.

Weeds is another great show that I'm watching although a bit different :D
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
November 20 2007 03:38 GMT
#10
On November 20 2007 12:36 NonY[rC] wrote:
I watch it. I'd be interested in a thread to discuss the latest episodes like we have for Heroes. But for now I'll refrain from posting spoilers and just talk in general.
Sure go ahead and open one
I'm just watching the latest episode right now
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
November 20 2007 03:39 GMT
#11
Latest episode is great. This season is really starting to pick up. But I don't wanna open a thread until interest can be gauged here a bit more :o
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 20 2007 03:41 GMT
#12
I keep hearing it's a great show.... my brother and father always tell me to start watching it, no time though! Maybe over Christmas...
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:44:22
November 20 2007 03:42 GMT
#13
I see how it is, my blog too cool for the red letters

Anyway... + Show Spoiler +
THIS SHOW IS THE BEST omg. Like it even better than my current favorite shows: House, Chuck, CSI, Nip/Tuck, Kitchen Nightmares, Entourage etc.
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:44:32
November 20 2007 03:44 GMT
#14
On November 20 2007 12:42 ATeddyBear wrote:
I see how it is, my blog too cool for the red letters

Anyway... + Show Spoiler +
THIS SHOW IS THE BEST omg
I did post in your blog ^^ just before I opened this thread, I thought Dexter deserved to be in the General Forum, I'm sure you agree
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:56:43
November 20 2007 03:45 GMT
#15
Oh, welll in that case I do agree

heres a preview for those curious
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
November 20 2007 03:49 GMT
#16
Mind looks like Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.

On topic, i like 24 a lot hopefully it will be better than last year's dissapointing season.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:53:41
November 20 2007 03:52 GMT
#17
24 will probably not air again before 2009, because they arent able to keep working on the show due to the writers guild being on strike, click me and click me too.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
November 20 2007 03:56 GMT
#18
I loved season 1! I'm waiting for Season 2 to come out on DVD though so I can watch it all at once. Cannot stand watching 1 episode at a time!
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
November 20 2007 04:02 GMT
#19
Is there a way to get the episodes of dextor streamed? That's the main way i watch heroes and I would like to watch this show online.
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
November 20 2007 04:13 GMT
#20
On November 20 2007 12:18 Carnac wrote:
I know a lot of people watch and enjoy Heroes - so do I. But there is another extremely good show around, personally I think it even beats Heroes, its name is Dexter. Using the search function I only found a blog entry by someone and that's definitely not enough. This show needs more recognition!

I do watch quite a lot of shows by getting them off bittorrent, since they air so much later here (if they ever do and if they indeed do they are often horribly dubbed). I have seen decent shows, good shows and great shows - Dexter is definitely one of the greatest.
Let me ist a couple of shows that I have really enjoyed (from different genres) and still enjoy, just so you get an idea what my quality standards are:
24
Alias
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Deadwood
Entourage
Heroes
Lost
Prison Break
Rome
The Shield

I really urge you to try this show out, but please start by watching the complete first season
I can almost guarantee that you will love it.
Dexter is one of the most fascinating characters of TV History if you ask me.

So - who else watches it here?


I watch or watched(finished a series), Alias, Babylon 5, BSG, Lost, The Shield, Space Above and Beyond. So good picks .

Rome and Prison Break just didnt appeal to me after the first season for some reason. Same with 24, never seen deadwood or entourage or heroes though.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
1 2 3 4 5 341 342 343 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 897
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC451
TaKeTV 322
Rex123
IndyStarCraft 101
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 451
ProTech134
Rex 123
IndyStarCraft 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47049
Bisu 2879
Horang2 1394
EffOrt 771
Soma 600
BeSt 585
Hyuk 584
Light 420
Mini 401
Larva 331
[ Show more ]
Rush 222
ZerO 211
Mong 85
Leta 80
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 54
Snow 52
ToSsGirL 46
Mind 36
Aegong 36
910 36
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Yoon 27
Terrorterran 24
Bale 23
Trap 15
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6783
qojqva50
Counter-Strike
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1609
Khaldor1065
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2038
olofmeister1722
hiko1333
Beastyqt573
B2W.Neo387
Livibee195
Hui .190
XaKoH 159
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS122
djWHEAT73
Mew2King70
KnowMe60
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3129
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 45m
Online Event
20h 45m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.