• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8936 users

MVP Phoenix Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
ApproximateKnowledge
Profile Joined May 2014
United States76 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 17:30:39
May 19 2014 17:29 GMT
#61
On May 20 2014 00:28 yyfpulls wrote:
When people said Koreans win TI5 I laughed it off but now the fear of Korean invasion is real, very real.
And what did MVP do so right that Zephyr didn't? Was it the Korean practice regime?


Yeah, I'm still not buying this 'Korean invasion' narrative. MVP has improved a lot and surprised people in the qualifiers, but only because they performed so poorly in past. I'd say that they're still significantly worse than tier 2 teams in the west nevermind the tier 2 teams in China.

Honestly, people are riding this 'Koreans are superior gamers' idea way too hard. If MVP were a South American team, I highly doubt its performance would convince people that South America was about to take over the world of Dota.
!
ApproximateKnowledge
Profile Joined May 2014
United States76 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 17:30:22
May 19 2014 17:30 GMT
#62
edit
!
Machz
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Costa Rica174 Posts
May 19 2014 18:11 GMT
#63
On May 20 2014 02:29 ApproximateKnowledge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 00:28 yyfpulls wrote:
When people said Koreans win TI5 I laughed it off but now the fear of Korean invasion is real, very real.
And what did MVP do so right that Zephyr didn't? Was it the Korean practice regime?


Yeah, I'm still not buying this 'Korean invasion' narrative. MVP has improved a lot and surprised people in the qualifiers, but only because they performed so poorly in past. I'd say that they're still significantly worse than tier 2 teams in the west nevermind the tier 2 teams in China.

Honestly, people are riding this 'Koreans are superior gamers' idea way too hard. If MVP were a South American team, I highly doubt its performance would convince people that South America was about to take over the world of Dota.


Except for the very few, I think nobody actually believes in the Korean Invasion yet.

The Hype right now comes not from their current skill or game, but their fast improvement in a relatively small amount of time.

This a very big achievement for KR Dota, SEA has incredibly skilled players. KR had nothing a year ago.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
May 19 2014 18:58 GMT
#64
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Valhalla44
Profile Joined May 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina983 Posts
May 19 2014 19:40 GMT
#65
On May 20 2014 03:58 Steveling wrote:
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3


Sure ezpz lemon squeezy. U sure love 2 bash koreans .
Machz
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Costa Rica174 Posts
May 19 2014 19:48 GMT
#66
On May 20 2014 03:58 Steveling wrote:
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3


Yeah me too. I think I like more the prospect of having a 3rd strong scene than anything else. If SEA becomes a 4th, or integrates with KR or CH, that would also be amazing.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 19 2014 21:54 GMT
#67
Unless something changes dramatically they wont at this TI. Thats not important though, its what they do afterwards is key. Like I said before, they got the stability but the question is can they improve their drafts, expand their hero pools, and understand that the not so little mistakes they are doing in game will be punished against top teams.

They're pretty much only team I watch with some semblance of care still, so heres to improvement.
Get it by your hands...
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
May 20 2014 00:58 GMT
#68
On May 20 2014 02:29 ApproximateKnowledge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 00:28 yyfpulls wrote:
When people said Koreans win TI5 I laughed it off but now the fear of Korean invasion is real, very real.
And what did MVP do so right that Zephyr didn't? Was it the Korean practice regime?


Yeah, I'm still not buying this 'Korean invasion' narrative. MVP has improved a lot and surprised people in the qualifiers, but only because they performed so poorly in past. I'd say that they're still significantly worse than tier 2 teams in the west nevermind the tier 2 teams in China.

Honestly, people are riding this 'Koreans are superior gamers' idea way too hard. If MVP were a South American team, I highly doubt its performance would convince people that South America was about to take over the world of Dota.


I think it's mostly BW fans who grew up to be Dota 2 fans who really want to see the Koreans succeed. It sort of makes my seeing Dota 2 as the spiritual successor of BW seem right if Korea is dominating this game too.

I dunno how other people feel, but this is how I see things. Hopefully we can keep seeing MVP improve, and hopefully along with them, some other Korean teams emerge too!
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
May 20 2014 06:37 GMT
#69
On May 20 2014 04:48 Machz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 03:58 Steveling wrote:
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3


Yeah me too. I think I like more the prospect of having a 3rd strong scene than anything else. If SEA becomes a 4th, or integrates with KR or CH, that would also be amazing.

i think one of the best options for SEA for making a real professional scene lies in korea, not china.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
ApproximateKnowledge
Profile Joined May 2014
United States76 Posts
May 20 2014 06:53 GMT
#70
On May 20 2014 15:37 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 04:48 Machz wrote:
On May 20 2014 03:58 Steveling wrote:
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3


Yeah me too. I think I like more the prospect of having a 3rd strong scene than anything else. If SEA becomes a 4th, or integrates with KR or CH, that would also be amazing.

i think one of the best options for SEA for making a real professional scene lies in korea, not china.


Korea has no scene. And the reason that SEA is weak is because their best players leave for China because they virtually all of them are ethnic Chinese and most can speak Chinese.
!
ShootAnonymous
Profile Joined May 2014
1948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 07:42:17
May 20 2014 07:41 GMT
#71
On May 20 2014 04:48 Machz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 03:58 Steveling wrote:
You guys have to keep in mind that it's kinda easy to get where MVP is currently in terms of skill.
Now is the hard part, where they have to break through tier2 teams on international stage.

Many teams have reached that level, very, very few have transcended it.
I hope they will do it though! <3


Yeah me too. I think I like more the prospect of having a 3rd strong scene than anything else. If SEA becomes a 4th, or integrates with KR or CH, that would also be amazing.


SEA is already 'integrated' with CH. Tier 1 SEA players going to CH, Tier 2 CH teams competing in SEA online tournaments and Tier 1 SEA competing in CH LANs.
RIP DotA Kings | BurNIng : Mushi : iceiceice : LaNm : MMY!
The Cheat
Profile Joined May 2014
24 Posts
May 20 2014 10:54 GMT
#72
This is Reisen Dota prior to Demon joining MVP Phoenix:


Now he may legitimately be called by far the best support player in Korea. R-Nim fighting!
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
May 20 2014 11:13 GMT
#73
Did they change the lift-cliff interaction? I swear many of those lifts aren't possible anymore.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
The Cheat
Profile Joined May 2014
24 Posts
May 20 2014 13:03 GMT
#74
On May 20 2014 20:13 ahswtini wrote:
Did they change the lift-cliff interaction? I swear many of those lifts aren't possible anymore.


I think they patched it basically around the time that video came out, but there was a time where you could still cliff people by clicking past the cliff.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 20 2014 13:07 GMT
#75
i think you still can cliff people by clicking past the cliff
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
yyfpulls
Profile Joined November 2012
United States2185 Posts
May 20 2014 18:28 GMT
#76
On May 20 2014 02:29 ApproximateKnowledge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 00:28 yyfpulls wrote:
When people said Koreans win TI5 I laughed it off but now the fear of Korean invasion is real, very real.
And what did MVP do so right that Zephyr didn't? Was it the Korean practice regime?


Yeah, I'm still not buying this 'Korean invasion' narrative. MVP has improved a lot and surprised people in the qualifiers, but only because they performed so poorly in past. I'd say that they're still significantly worse than tier 2 teams in the west nevermind the tier 2 teams in China.

Honestly, people are riding this 'Koreans are superior gamers' idea way too hard. If MVP were a South American team, I highly doubt its performance would convince people that South America was about to take over the world of Dota.


Well I didn't really mean that Korea would start completely dominating every region. I don't see that happening if ever. I don't buy into the whole Korean eSports supremacy either though they do have the top infrastructure.

But MVP landing 2nd in the qualifiers is something no one expected. That they beat out established SEA teams is quite the feat considering how people were making fun of "Korean doto" 6 months ago.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 12:47:12
May 21 2014 12:46 GMT
#77
[image loading]
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 21 2014 14:40 GMT
#78
Since MVP made it to TI for wildcard quals, who will they scrim with? They really need to scrim with higher tier teams if they want to make it to the main event
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
zzdd
Profile Joined December 2010
United States484 Posts
May 21 2014 16:15 GMT
#79
On May 20 2014 09:58 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 02:29 ApproximateKnowledge wrote:
On May 20 2014 00:28 yyfpulls wrote:
When people said Koreans win TI5 I laughed it off but now the fear of Korean invasion is real, very real.
And what did MVP do so right that Zephyr didn't? Was it the Korean practice regime?


Yeah, I'm still not buying this 'Korean invasion' narrative. MVP has improved a lot and surprised people in the qualifiers, but only because they performed so poorly in past. I'd say that they're still significantly worse than tier 2 teams in the west nevermind the tier 2 teams in China.

Honestly, people are riding this 'Koreans are superior gamers' idea way too hard. If MVP were a South American team, I highly doubt its performance would convince people that South America was about to take over the world of Dota.


I think it's mostly BW fans who grew up to be Dota 2 fans who really want to see the Koreans succeed. It sort of makes my seeing Dota 2 as the spiritual successor of BW seem right if Korea is dominating this game too.

I dunno how other people feel, but this is how I see things. Hopefully we can keep seeing MVP improve, and hopefully along with them, some other Korean teams emerge too!

I personally like them because of when Demon was in Korea and he was streaming. Made me a fan of Reisen and the team.
TypeJeeF
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany6 Posts
May 22 2014 09:04 GMT
#80
WARNING! Be aware, it's a fake: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MVP-Phoenix/525527544223932?fref=ts
Twitter: @MVPJeeF
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 471
Hyuk 309
910 147
Dewaltoss 70
Killer 37
ZergMaN 32
Bale 26
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 17
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Counter-Strike
olofmeister647
ceh9524
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1770
Khaldor385
Other Games
singsing867
Happy454
WinterStarcraft410
Sick227
Livibee190
Mew2King175
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream309
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH95
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt525
• Jankos409
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 46m
Stellar Fest
4h 46m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.