• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:39
CEST 01:39
KST 08:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9033 users

June 26th -- Diablo III Patch 1.0.3a – v.1.0.3. 10235 - P…

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 45 Next All
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
June 20 2012 14:54 GMT
#501
On June 20 2012 22:48 Yaotzin wrote:
Yah I'm getting walled in perfectly all the time too. Thank gawd for teleport.


On my dh last night, I got walls on top of me a few times. I couldn't move at all.

Echoing other posters, I think act 3 drops have been nerfed. I killed Cydaea/Azmodan and over 20 champion/elite packs last night. I got mostly level 50ish trash rares and barely got any level 63 ones. Even level 62 and 61 rares were uncommon among all the level 50ish trash. Feels like they nerfed act 3 drop rates to compensate for making level 63 drops available in acts 1 and 2.
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
June 20 2012 14:58 GMT
#502
On June 20 2012 19:15 Paekes wrote:
inferno got too easy.....


Have you encountered Waller since the patch? Dear god they are insane now.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
June 20 2012 15:17 GMT
#503
This patch is insanely bad - i'm not a millionaire - just destroyed all i build up. Unfinished game just got worse ~
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
matiK23
Profile Joined May 2011
United States963 Posts
June 20 2012 15:41 GMT
#504
On June 21 2012 00:17 dezi wrote:
This patch is insanely bad - i'm not a millionaire - just destroyed all i build up. Unfinished game just got worse ~


I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying you went from being a millionaire to homeless? That probably means you're in the wrong act.
Without a paddle up shit creek.
pure_protoss
Profile Joined April 2011
152 Posts
June 20 2012 15:42 GMT
#505
On June 21 2012 00:17 dezi wrote:
This patch is insanely bad - i'm not a millionaire - just destroyed all i build up. Unfinished game just got worse ~


I lost close to 50% of my dps, and most of my gear that I bought for 3m+ became uber crap... However, since I lost most of my gear (I was solo farming act3-4) I am now back in farming act2...It prolounged the game for me...not so bad so stop whining you will just have fun for a longer time on d3...

-The patch is good and it is way better now to play in team instead of alone since tanks can actually tank now! It is great and fun!!!

-Drops are still meh tho...but it is an improvement! Legendary buffs incoming cant be more happy!

-PvP on the way right when everyone will have cleared inferno at least once!

-If it is too easy, try hardcore whiners!

-AH needs some work but everyone knows it and they know it!

- The game is way better than at release already...give it some time and it will be a good game! D2 vanilla was pretty sucky just like d3 vanilla! Give it some times!

Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
June 20 2012 15:43 GMT
#506
They really did make farming a looot more painful, costly and less rewarding with this patch. Well, I never planned on making any money with the RMAH anyway, that'd be the only reason to endure this shit.

"Tried the adventuring life, didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit."
Hibzy
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom445 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 16:04:54
June 20 2012 15:46 GMT
#507
Just finished running from Reign of the black king to killing the butcher, this is the result:

[image loading]

Not one ilv63 rare and only two 62's.

It is worth checking all the little corners in maps for goblins now IMO, since once i had 5 stacks they were dropping 2-4 rares per kill.

Only died three times but it cost me almost 50k in repairs

I think i will stay in act 3 and just farm what i can of it, i got maybe 500k's worth of items from 4ish hours of farming.
"Uhh, I just have an insanely good sense of fashion." -TLO
darkcloud8282
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada776 Posts
June 20 2012 15:53 GMT
#508
That's the problem I have. Most of the time, if you die from making some mistakes, the drops you will net in your run will not pay for the repair fee
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
June 20 2012 16:03 GMT
#509
In case those missed it in the other thread, act 3/4 ilvl63 drop rate was severely nerfed. It went from ~25% to the 8% we have now. This is why your runs have become worse in terms of ilvl63 items. To clarify, that isn't 25% chance an ilvl63 rare will drop, it's 25% chance that when a rare drops it's ilvl63. However, now it's only 8% in the hardest acts of the game.

So not only did they make the farming take longer by emphasising hunting packs they made it 1/3 less potentially lucrative. It's not like with their awful as fuck item roll system having the old drop rate was game breaking. At least it was nice to get 15 shitty centurion spears in a row because you had a chance. Now, 8%? Well, fuck that, have fun.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Resolve
Profile Joined August 2010
Singapore679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 16:23:08
June 20 2012 16:13 GMT
#510
I've already been spoilt by the previous awesome drop rates for A3 and it feels like there's not much incentive for me to farm A3 anymore after the patch. I think I'll farm the AH if I need gold for now and see if anything will be done to the drop rates in the future.
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
June 20 2012 16:18 GMT
#511
Bleh, after reading all these posts and farming for a few runs to no avail (no ilvl 63s), I'm probably just going to take a break from this game, I don't really like the direction it's heading in. It's just brainless farm since the mobs don't hit for anything, but the repairs outweigh most of the gold earned from the runs.
HardlyNever
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1258 Posts
June 20 2012 16:25 GMT
#512
I'd like to start by saying that I like this patch, think it was great for the game, and am looking forward to the game getting even better. I don't like every single last aspect of it, especially changing gear feels a little wrong, and lot of people lost virtual or even real money because their gear went down in value. This definitely happened to my friend playing a wizard who stacked basically all IAS, and even to me to a lesser extent. We both still feel the patch is for the best in the long run.

That said, I feel like this will be a breaking point for a lot of players. It seems like a lot of people were playing simply to get the best items in the game, period. Now that seems fine at first blush, but if you dig a little deeper into what that means, it is really hard to get "fun" into that equation. The logic pre-patch seemed to follow something like this:

"I farm act 3 to get the best items. I want to the best items so I can farm act 3 more and get more of the best items. I might go kill diablo once, then come back to farming act 3 (or maybe whimseyshire), so I can get more of the best items so I can farm act 3 some more."

Somewhere along the way, fun has to factor into that, and it seems really hard to get to. Now you might say "I was farming act 3 to sell stuff on the RMAH." Which is a totally fair point, and something I indulged in a bit. However, with the change in loot, ilvl 63 stuff will be more accessible to everyone. Being one of the "elite" (and I use that term loosely) that can farm act3/whimseyshire isn't nearly as valuable, in terms of real money, as it was prepatch.

What I'm getting at is I think a lot of people stopped having fun actually playing the game(killing monsters, with a small chance for cool loot) a while ago, and this patch will really bring that to the front. The "loot" aspect of the equation has been greatly reduced, and I think a lot of the "fun" part of the game for a lot of people went with it. I still enjoy killing monsters, with a small chance at good loot, in large part because I'm still doing it with friends. But I can see a lot of people leaving the game now, because the "loot fun" part has been reduced.

Hope that makes some sense.
Out there, the Kid learned to fend for himself. Learned to build. Learned to break.
DnameIN
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland146 Posts
June 20 2012 16:31 GMT
#513
Maybe it's just me, but I always though that Diablo was all about "loot fun"...:/
Catyoul *
Profile Joined April 2004
France2377 Posts
June 20 2012 16:36 GMT
#514
On June 20 2012 23:37 Big G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2012 23:15 Catyoul wrote:


Previous numbers for loots in act 3 and act 4 :

ilvl 62 was ~25%
ilvl 63 was ~20%


New numbers for act 3 and 4 :

ilvl 62 is 16.1%
ilvl 63 is 8.0%

Source?


It was possible before the patch to know if an item was ilvl 62 or 63 from the name/skin. Those numbers were collected from independent people stats on reddit.
Skyro
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1823 Posts
June 20 2012 16:37 GMT
#515
On June 21 2012 01:03 crms wrote:
In case those missed it in the other thread, act 3/4 ilvl63 drop rate was severely nerfed. It went from ~25% to the 8% we have now. This is why your runs have become worse in terms of ilvl63 items. To clarify, that isn't 25% chance an ilvl63 rare will drop, it's 25% chance that when a rare drops it's ilvl63. However, now it's only 8% in the hardest acts of the game.

So not only did they make the farming take longer by emphasising hunting packs they made it 1/3 less potentially lucrative. It's not like with their awful as fuck item roll system having the old drop rate was game breaking. At least it was nice to get 15 shitty centurion spears in a row because you had a chance. Now, 8%? Well, fuck that, have fun.


I see a lot of posts quoting this 25% number but no source. I do not remember ever seeing blizzard ever post pre-patch drops numbers.
Cathasaigh
Profile Joined April 2010
United States285 Posts
June 20 2012 16:37 GMT
#516
Act 3 farming was obviously way better than it was intended to be, I don't understand how anyone is surprised that it was nerfed. And anyone that can't even afford their repairs from their runs clearly is dying to much to be in that area and should be somewhere easier.
This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow!
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 20 2012 16:39 GMT
#517
On June 21 2012 01:03 crms wrote:
To clarify, that isn't 25% chance an ilvl63 rare will drop, it's 25% chance that when a rare drops it's ilvl63. However, now it's only 8% in the hardest acts of the game.


I run with very little MF, and I am getting much more than 3 times as many rares dropping as I did before (thanks to guaranteed rare from 5NV).

Admittedly I only farmed A2 before, but gonna try A3 when my internet next becomes playable. I think people went into this patch thinking that if they were suicide farming A3 before, they could now get 3 times as much good gear dropping every run which is not even close to what the patch is trying to achieve.
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
June 20 2012 16:39 GMT
#518
With the A3 drop nerf, I finally realize the errors of my ways: D3 is not an RPG game. Rather, it is a much more advanced multiplayer version of the game Recettear, where you manage an item shop and occasionally (and completely optional) go into a dungeon to gather loot to sell.


crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
June 20 2012 16:43 GMT
#519
On June 21 2012 01:39 dmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2012 01:03 crms wrote:
To clarify, that isn't 25% chance an ilvl63 rare will drop, it's 25% chance that when a rare drops it's ilvl63. However, now it's only 8% in the hardest acts of the game.


I run with very little MF, and I am getting much more than 3 times as many rares dropping as I did before (thanks to guaranteed rare from 5NV).

Admittedly I only farmed A2 before, but gonna try A3 when my internet next becomes playable. I think people went into this patch thinking that if they were suicide farming A3 before, they could now get 3 times as much good gear dropping every run which is not even close to what the patch is trying to achieve.



it doesn't matter how many rares you get if none of them are ilvl63... I'd take 5 ilvl63s over 25 ilv60-62s. Also nobody expected what you said, they straight up nerfed the act3/4 drop rate of ilvl63s. Nobody in act3 will be getting as good of gear, at least as efficiently as before.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
June 20 2012 16:45 GMT
#520
On June 21 2012 01:25 HardlyNever wrote:

Hope that makes some sense.



It doesn't because the precendent of the diablo franchise is about efficiently farming loot. It's the only reason the game lasted 10+ years. Do you think killing mephisto 900,000,000 would have been 'fun' if the loot didn't drop? Looting, trading, selling, that's it, that's diablo.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 161
SpeCial 77
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 689
GuemChi 320
910 58
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm106
League of Legends
Doublelift3036
Other Games
summit1g8778
shahzam639
C9.Mang0344
JimRising 241
PiGStarcraft234
Maynarde124
Liquid`Ken10
Vindicta5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP37
• musti20045 36
• davetesta14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21589
Other Games
• imaqtpie745
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.