• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:49
CEST 23:49
KST 06:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5366 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 67

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 90 Next
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 15:33:26
May 30 2012 15:33 GMT
#1321
On May 31 2012 00:30 Plus_One wrote:
This may be a terribly dumb question as I am a level 28 DH noob, but I have a few questions about rare items:

1. Is there any reason not to identify a rare item? If I wait to identify it, will its stats be better because of my level?

2. The rare items I found tend to be crappy and/or not for DH's, so I salvage them. Should I be selling them on the auction house or even to a merchant?

I really appreciate the help in advance! :D


No the stats won't be better if you wait until a higher level to identify. The items are still the same ilvl (item level).

If the rares are crappy, you vendor them because the lower level crafting materials aren't worth anything.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 30 2012 15:34 GMT
#1322
On May 31 2012 00:30 Plus_One wrote:
This may be a terribly dumb question as I am a level 28 DH noob, but I have a few questions about rare items:

1. Is there any reason not to identify a rare item? If I wait to identify it, will its stats be better because of my level?

2. The rare items I found tend to be crappy and/or not for DH's, so I salvage them. Should I be selling them on the auction house or even to a merchant?

I really appreciate the help in advance! :D

1. no.
2. AH wont be good for you since your items are too low level. sell to merchant or salvage (if you are planning on crafting items).
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
May 30 2012 15:42 GMT
#1323
I have a question about damage calculations.

First, skills.

If a skill says: Deals 100% of weapon damage, does this refer to the DAMAGE or the DPS of the weapon? Would it mean that 2h weapons deal more damage with skills even if they have the same DPS as a 1h (because of attack speed)?

Second, when are damage bonuses added in the calculation?

Lets say I have Earthquake (2000% over 8 seconds) and I use WotB with Insanity (+100% damage).

Will I deal 2000% + 100% = 2100% or 2000% x 2 = 4000% ?
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
May 30 2012 17:07 GMT
#1324
What is the rationale for having a channeling time in indentify items? I find it to be a huge waste of time... Also if you can't auction unidentified item, why do you even require an identification process?
DnameIN
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland146 Posts
May 30 2012 17:29 GMT
#1325
On May 31 2012 02:07 Glacierz wrote:
What is the rationale for having a channeling time in indentify items? I find it to be a huge waste of time... Also if you can't auction unidentified item, why do you even require an identification process?


Mostly for trolling friends with unidentified legendaries;) I guess there is no other practical reason;P
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 30 2012 17:29 GMT
#1326
On May 31 2012 02:07 Glacierz wrote:
What is the rationale for having a channeling time in indentify items? I find it to be a huge waste of time... Also if you can't auction unidentified item, why do you even require an identification process?

do you actually want a response, or are you just ranting? because it is self-evident if you have played any of the prior diablo series.
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
May 30 2012 18:34 GMT
#1327
On May 31 2012 02:29 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 02:07 Glacierz wrote:
What is the rationale for having a channeling time in indentify items? I find it to be a huge waste of time... Also if you can't auction unidentified item, why do you even require an identification process?

do you actually want a response, or are you just ranting? because it is self-evident if you have played any of the prior diablo series.


How is it self evident? D2 identification is completely different: you have no channeling time and you can trade unidentified uniques if you don't want to gamble with stats. There is a reason for the scroll of identity because there is value in keeping items unidentified. I can't think of any reason why items would drop unidentified in D3 if you can't post them on AH unidentified.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 30 2012 18:52 GMT
#1328
On May 31 2012 03:34 Glacierz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 02:29 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 31 2012 02:07 Glacierz wrote:
What is the rationale for having a channeling time in indentify items? I find it to be a huge waste of time... Also if you can't auction unidentified item, why do you even require an identification process?

do you actually want a response, or are you just ranting? because it is self-evident if you have played any of the prior diablo series.


How is it self evident? D2 identification is completely different: you have no channeling time and you can trade unidentified uniques if you don't want to gamble with stats. There is a reason for the scroll of identity because there is value in keeping items unidentified. I can't think of any reason why items would drop unidentified in D3 if you can't post them on AH unidentified.

its self-evident because blizzard wants you to take an additional step to identify the item. that has been the case through diablo 1-2 (scroll of identify and deckard cain). they just took out the stupid step of having to buy lame scrolls, or going back to town to see deckard. basically they are requiring you to take an extra step to identify, but making it easier, which is the theme of diablo 3. identifying items is stupid and time-consuming, but thats what blizzard wants. at least they made it easier.
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
May 30 2012 19:09 GMT
#1329
I always thought it was there so players can trade uniques or something like a pack of 20 rare ammys without rolling the stats. Guess it's just there for the surprise factor now...
PizzaParty
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada169 Posts
May 30 2012 19:17 GMT
#1330
Is there a dye that is actually red and not sorta-red pink ? I always dyed my barbarian with the Tanner's dye which used to give him a realistic brown color that I liked, but on my level 60 armor it looks like bronze/gold, which isn't too bad but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a real blood-red dye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMkw6lZ-PY
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 30 2012 19:28 GMT
#1331
On May 31 2012 00:42 Krowser wrote:
I have a question about damage calculations.

First, skills.

If a skill says: Deals 100% of weapon damage, does this refer to the DAMAGE or the DPS of the weapon? Would it mean that 2h weapons deal more damage with skills even if they have the same DPS as a 1h (because of attack speed)?

Second, when are damage bonuses added in the calculation?

Lets say I have Earthquake (2000% over 8 seconds) and I use WotB with Insanity (+100% damage).

Will I deal 2000% + 100% = 2100% or 2000% x 2 = 4000% ?

WOTB doubles your dmg in the stat screen, so it'd be a0 total of 4000%

Damage, not DPS.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 19:43:50
May 30 2012 19:38 GMT
#1332
On May 31 2012 04:17 PizzaParty wrote:
Is there a dye that is actually red and not sorta-red pink ? I always dyed my barbarian with the Tanner's dye which used to give him a realistic brown color that I liked, but on my level 60 armor it looks like bronze/gold, which isn't too bad but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a real blood-red dye.

infernal dye? idk if that's red-pink. it's 5k a pop though.

you could try cardinal also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VX0JnktB-oI#t=894s

you can find infernal dye at vendors in inferno, and i think cardinal is in nightmare mode or higher. so just check for the dye at dye vendors and if they're not selling it just reload the game and check again.
:)
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
May 30 2012 20:11 GMT
#1333
On May 31 2012 04:28 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 00:42 Krowser wrote:
I have a question about damage calculations.

First, skills.

If a skill says: Deals 100% of weapon damage, does this refer to the DAMAGE or the DPS of the weapon? Would it mean that 2h weapons deal more damage with skills even if they have the same DPS as a 1h (because of attack speed)?

Second, when are damage bonuses added in the calculation?

Lets say I have Earthquake (2000% over 8 seconds) and I use WotB with Insanity (+100% damage).

Will I deal 2000% + 100% = 2100% or 2000% x 2 = 4000% ?

WOTB doubles your dmg in the stat screen, so it'd be a0 total of 4000%

Damage, not DPS.


Be careful, it's not the same for every skill actually. Hydra is based off of DPS not damage, though it's the only skill I know for sure that works like that.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Your-Damage-number-and-how-various-stats-affect-it
Logo
kiklion
Profile Joined April 2011
99 Posts
May 30 2012 20:20 GMT
#1334
The % weapon damage that mantra of conviction rune does scales with attack speed.

Serendipityx
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States595 Posts
May 31 2012 00:03 GMT
#1335
why do people suggest to farm siegebreaker in act 3 inferno?
Vod.kaholic
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1052 Posts
May 31 2012 00:37 GMT
#1336
On May 31 2012 09:03 ChaosTriggeR wrote:
why do people suggest to farm siegebreaker in act 3 inferno?


I'm not there myself yet, but people said that he drops a good deal of rares when you get to him with 5 stacks, and the bridge leading up to him can get you the 5 stacks fairly easily
._. \: |: /: .-. :\ :| :/ ._. They see me rolling...
Stormzors
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia41 Posts
May 31 2012 00:58 GMT
#1337
What do people think is the most optimal/efficient way to do a butcher run in inferno?

For instance, is it better to get 5 stacks of neph out in the fields and then fight your way through the cursed hold to the warden + butcher? Or is it better to get your 5 stacks on the way to the warden (meaning you don't have a full 5 stacks as your killing your way to him) and only engage warden once you have 5 stacks?

Do you just skip normal mobs and run around looking for elites? Or kill everything?
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
May 31 2012 03:07 GMT
#1338
How do you determine whether or not dual weilding does more damage than two handed weapons? Are you really just weighing the differences in stat bonuses the items give as I'm guessing dual weilding just means you alternate which weapon you attack with you don't actually get more attacks?
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
May 31 2012 03:30 GMT
#1339
Question:-

Can I skip an entire Act just by going straight to the Prime Evil?
Scenario: I'm stuck in Act2. Which is a bitch for melees. I want to skip Act2 and go straight to Act3. Can i get a friend who has completed Act 2 bring me straight to Belial and kill him. Does it count as my Act2 is completed? Do i get every single quest completed(in situation where i want to farm at act2) so that i can select them all?
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
May 31 2012 03:31 GMT
#1340
On May 31 2012 09:58 Stormzors wrote:
What do people think is the most optimal/efficient way to do a butcher run in inferno?

For instance, is it better to get 5 stacks of neph out in the fields and then fight your way through the cursed hold to the warden + butcher? Or is it better to get your 5 stacks on the way to the warden (meaning you don't have a full 5 stacks as your killing your way to him) and only engage warden once you have 5 stacks?

Do you just skip normal mobs and run around looking for elites? Or kill everything?


If you start from Cursed hold, you will have 5stack by the time you reach Warden. Just make sure you do a full clear of the area before moving down.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 128
SpeCial 85
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 148
firebathero 76
910 35
NaDa 32
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm18
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0152
PPMD57
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9663
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr93
Other Games
summit1g7042
Liquid`RaSZi5817
shahzam519
B2W.Neo210
JimRising 201
Pyrionflax178
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS102
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream356
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 61
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Eskiya23 20
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1106
Other Games
• imaqtpie1199
• Shiphtur240
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.