• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10739 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 31

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 90 Next
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
May 03 2012 22:10 GMT
#601
On May 04 2012 07:05 m00nchile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 06:59 slam wrote:
I played a good amount of beta on my friends account and one thing that I noticed was that each time you dropped SK for the first time on a new character you got a yellow item. After that one first yellow I farmed the SK a number of times but never got another yellow until I once again did it on a new character. My conclusion was that you get better items the first time you down a boss and after that first time the drops are not as high quality.

Is this confirmed?
With the full version of the game will this also be true?
To put into context, will my first time downing the final boss on inferno most likely give me the best drop and after that will I need to make another character to go through the game again to "reset" the loot?

Bosses in Diablo 2 also had a quest drop the first time you downed them. And it's confirmed blizzard doesn't want boss running to be the primary source of loot, champion and elite packs will be the main droppers, bosses will probably be the best XP source though (pure conjecture on my part).


Not entirely sure if bosses will be the best XP source simply because Diablo 3 is tuned in such a way that you shouldn't ever need to grind levels. Or, put another way, they may give the best XP but it will still be more profitable from a leveling perspective to keep progressing to the next boss. The game is made so that you should be hitting level 60 by the time you are just finishing up hell.
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
May 03 2012 22:21 GMT
#602
Royal, your dodge chance is dependent on the level of the enemy monster, and your level, in addition to your stats. Here is the full formula.

http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 04 2012 07:01 GMT
#603
On May 04 2012 07:07 Avalain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 06:59 slam wrote:
I played a good amount of beta on my friends account and one thing that I noticed was that each time you dropped SK for the first time on a new character you got a yellow item. After that one first yellow I farmed the SK a number of times but never got another yellow until I once again did it on a new character. My conclusion was that you get better items the first time you down a boss and after that first time the drops are not as high quality.

Is this confirmed?
With the full version of the game will this also be true?
To put into context, will my first time downing the final boss on inferno most likely give me the best drop and after that will I need to make another character to go through the game again to "reset" the loot?


I don't know if it's necessarily confirmed, but I can say after killing him maybe 30-50 times with something like 10 different characters he always dropped a yellow for the first kill by the character, and then only blues after that. I've heard other people mention the same thing in passing.

This also goes along with the idea that Blizzard wants us to get away from boss farming.


I don't think it will be this bad in the full version. Jay Wilson has stated that you should get 1-2 rares each time you kill a boss. This is obviously not the case in the beta, so it might be different once it's released.
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
May 05 2012 12:25 GMT
#604
Will Life Leech work on Spells this time around?
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
nomadnine
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany8 Posts
May 05 2012 13:38 GMT
#605
sure .. u can gain life per hit and life per kill
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
May 05 2012 13:56 GMT
#606
On May 04 2012 16:01 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 07:07 Avalain wrote:
On May 04 2012 06:59 slam wrote:
I played a good amount of beta on my friends account and one thing that I noticed was that each time you dropped SK for the first time on a new character you got a yellow item. After that one first yellow I farmed the SK a number of times but never got another yellow until I once again did it on a new character. My conclusion was that you get better items the first time you down a boss and after that first time the drops are not as high quality.

Is this confirmed?
With the full version of the game will this also be true?
To put into context, will my first time downing the final boss on inferno most likely give me the best drop and after that will I need to make another character to go through the game again to "reset" the loot?


I don't know if it's necessarily confirmed, but I can say after killing him maybe 30-50 times with something like 10 different characters he always dropped a yellow for the first kill by the character, and then only blues after that. I've heard other people mention the same thing in passing.

This also goes along with the idea that Blizzard wants us to get away from boss farming.


I don't think it will be this bad in the full version. Jay Wilson has stated that you should get 1-2 rares each time you kill a boss. This is obviously not the case in the beta, so it might be different once it's released.


Maybe. It's possible that he meant each time you kill a boss for the first time. Personally I don't mind either way. I guess we will find out soon!
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
Coolness53
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
May 05 2012 14:10 GMT
#607
On May 05 2012 22:56 Avalain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 16:01 kuresuti wrote:
On May 04 2012 07:07 Avalain wrote:
On May 04 2012 06:59 slam wrote:
I played a good amount of beta on my friends account and one thing that I noticed was that each time you dropped SK for the first time on a new character you got a yellow item. After that one first yellow I farmed the SK a number of times but never got another yellow until I once again did it on a new character. My conclusion was that you get better items the first time you down a boss and after that first time the drops are not as high quality.

Is this confirmed?
With the full version of the game will this also be true?
To put into context, will my first time downing the final boss on inferno most likely give me the best drop and after that will I need to make another character to go through the game again to "reset" the loot?


I don't know if it's necessarily confirmed, but I can say after killing him maybe 30-50 times with something like 10 different characters he always dropped a yellow for the first kill by the character, and then only blues after that. I've heard other people mention the same thing in passing.

This also goes along with the idea that Blizzard wants us to get away from boss farming.


I don't think it will be this bad in the full version. Jay Wilson has stated that you should get 1-2 rares each time you kill a boss. This is obviously not the case in the beta, so it might be different once it's released.


Maybe. It's possible that he meant each time you kill a boss for the first time. Personally I don't mind either way. I guess we will find out soon!


It is the first time you kill a boss get better loot. Also it is only going to be for normal difficulty. So they can get you a little geared before going into nightmare.
Fruitdealer, DongRaeGu, and Soulkey
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 15:36:44
May 05 2012 15:36 GMT
#608
On May 05 2012 22:56 Avalain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 16:01 kuresuti wrote:
On May 04 2012 07:07 Avalain wrote:
On May 04 2012 06:59 slam wrote:
I played a good amount of beta on my friends account and one thing that I noticed was that each time you dropped SK for the first time on a new character you got a yellow item. After that one first yellow I farmed the SK a number of times but never got another yellow until I once again did it on a new character. My conclusion was that you get better items the first time you down a boss and after that first time the drops are not as high quality.

Is this confirmed?
With the full version of the game will this also be true?
To put into context, will my first time downing the final boss on inferno most likely give me the best drop and after that will I need to make another character to go through the game again to "reset" the loot?


I don't know if it's necessarily confirmed, but I can say after killing him maybe 30-50 times with something like 10 different characters he always dropped a yellow for the first kill by the character, and then only blues after that. I've heard other people mention the same thing in passing.

This also goes along with the idea that Blizzard wants us to get away from boss farming.


I don't think it will be this bad in the full version. Jay Wilson has stated that you should get 1-2 rares each time you kill a boss. This is obviously not the case in the beta, so it might be different once it's released.


Maybe. It's possible that he meant each time you kill a boss for the first time. Personally I don't mind either way. I guess we will find out soon!


The question he answered was something like "I only get shit every time after the first when beating SK in the beta". Answering that I think he meant every time, first or tenth or whatever but like you said, we will find out soon.
+ Show Spoiler +
wut only 10 days to go :D
Rhaegar99
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Australia1190 Posts
May 05 2012 16:09 GMT
#609
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
May 05 2012 16:16 GMT
#610
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?
DoofUndance
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands22 Posts
May 05 2012 16:25 GMT
#611
These kind of scripted drops like 'the first time you kill the skeleton king you always get a rare' is only on normal and maybe only on the beginning of normal. This is because norma/first part of the game acts like a turorial.
Can I borrow some ambition?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 05 2012 16:27 GMT
#612
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 05 2012 16:35 GMT
#613
On May 06 2012 01:27 skyR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.


Also your characters and items won't carry over to other regions.
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
May 05 2012 18:16 GMT
#614
On May 04 2012 07:21 alQahira wrote:
Royal, your dodge chance is dependent on the level of the enemy monster, and your level, in addition to your stats. Here is the full formula.

http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health

Read through the whole thread and no where did I see that dodge was dependent on the monsters level. Maybe i'm just not meant to be a detective, could you quote the section that says such?
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 18:59:37
May 05 2012 18:59 GMT
#615
On May 06 2012 01:27 skyR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.


even with advanced tooltip you dont know how much dmg your spells/skills do. they only show you what percentage of your weapon dmg you do... they still dont show you a number... which I feel its lacking... its much easier and you dont have to calculated in your head or anything... I hope they implement this in next patch
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
May 05 2012 19:01 GMT
#616
On May 06 2012 03:59 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 01:27 skyR wrote:
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.


even with advanced tooltip you dont know how much dmg your spells/skills do. they only show you what percentage of your weapon dmg you do... they still dont show you a number... which I feel its lacking... its much easier and you dont have to calculated in your head or anything... I hope they implement this in next patch

There is an option that you can toggle to show you how much damage you are hitting for. You would have to test it in action but it exists.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
May 05 2012 19:13 GMT
#617
On May 06 2012 04:01 R0YAL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 03:59 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
On May 06 2012 01:27 skyR wrote:
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.


even with advanced tooltip you dont know how much dmg your spells/skills do. they only show you what percentage of your weapon dmg you do... they still dont show you a number... which I feel its lacking... its much easier and you dont have to calculated in your head or anything... I hope they implement this in next patch

There is an option that you can toggle to show you how much damage you are hitting for. You would have to test it in action but it exists.


it only tells u how much dmg your doing and that varies between mobs because each mob have different resistance towards your dmg... so doesnt raelly tell you your dmg before resistance and reduction... what they need is a number with dmg output before those are calculated... like in D2
Fatta
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany148 Posts
May 05 2012 19:22 GMT
#618
If I use a weapon with faster attack speed, does this also increase the speed with which I can cast/use spells/skills?
Mia san Mia!
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 19:26:46
May 05 2012 19:26 GMT
#619
On May 06 2012 04:13 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 04:01 R0YAL wrote:
On May 06 2012 03:59 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
On May 06 2012 01:27 skyR wrote:
On May 06 2012 01:09 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Can you hop between the different servers? Or is there region locking...


You can select your server in the options menu. But you won't be able to use any other RMAH besides the one in your home region (the address your bnet account is registered to).

On May 06 2012 01:16 Mohdoo wrote:
How do I see, in game, how much damage a spell does?


Turn on advanced tooltips.


even with advanced tooltip you dont know how much dmg your spells/skills do. they only show you what percentage of your weapon dmg you do... they still dont show you a number... which I feel its lacking... its much easier and you dont have to calculated in your head or anything... I hope they implement this in next patch

There is an option that you can toggle to show you how much damage you are hitting for. You would have to test it in action but it exists.


it only tells u how much dmg your doing and that varies between mobs because each mob have different resistance towards your dmg... so doesnt raelly tell you your dmg before resistance and reduction... what they need is a number with dmg output before those are calculated... like in D2

They give you all the stats you need to calculate it yourself. Weapon damage, % damage increase, skill multiplier.

On May 06 2012 04:22 Fatta wrote:
If I use a weapon with faster attack speed, does this also increase the speed with which I can cast/use spells/skills?

Yup.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
jphj012
Profile Joined September 2011
United States10 Posts
May 05 2012 19:38 GMT
#620
What is the best weapon for a Barb? Sword or Axe? I remember back in Diablo 2 & D2 LOD when it was first released, Sword was the best weapon. But then after a few patches released in Expansion, berserker axe had the best dmg vs colossus blade.

Is a legendary mighty weapon a better weapon choice for a barb or a legendary weapon? or is it too early to tell?

Will the weapon speed be a BIG issue when it comes to Barb's whirlwind? Like back in D2, barb's whirlwind hit depended on the IAS weapon speed. Will it be the same for diablo 3? thank you
No risk, No reward
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 254
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 337
hero 72
sorry 28
Bale 17
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1071
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Berry_CruncH121
• practicex 28
• Letter145
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Rush1088
• Stunt222
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 44m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.