• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

What happened to the sc2 compeittive scene? - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
June 13 2013 22:05 GMT
#61
There is less hype and excitement, for sure. I couldn't care less about WCS finals.

Why did Blizzard have to ruin the GSL? What happened to yearly subscribers? (Of course I know the answer but it may sound too political)

Current system is OK for killing time - lots of VODs on Youtube or elsewhere. But I don't follow events real-time any more.
Pitrocelli
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Slovakia127 Posts
June 13 2013 22:09 GMT
#62
On the plus side there is good time disparity between events during day. Early morning i can watch proleague, GSL about launch and WCS EU at night. Also casters improved a lot and there is a lot of them, you could even watch WCS finals with preferred caster.

But in reality I watch almost nothing. Twitch still lags so I can watch only morning proleague with 15.000 views or youtube streams. Metagame is stale and I dont care about these new zerg players. I loved Kyrix, Zenio, Idra, Nestea, Stephano era. Now builds feels too refined, you can see same build over and over, most players win by reducing amount of mistakes or improved positioning while I feel number of different strategies is decreasing. Greedy terran vs roach bust zerg 100 games in a row, yawn. Finally i really dislike Blizzards attitude, they don't really force players to adapt to new things. In MOBA games designers change hundreds of small to big things and you can see new abuses arise, new champions etc and I am missing this kind of excitement. Finally scene is too korean dominated, more than ever in SC2 history.
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
June 13 2013 22:11 GMT
#63
WCS is not that difficult to follow. The format is little different from what GSL used to have. You have your daily matches from the three regions, from challengers to playoffs, and then your grand finals at a set location. The casters do a decent enough job telling you what's at stake for the players, and for those who want additional info the website is easily navigable.

I think the bigger problem is simply that there are no great storylines left in the NA/EU scene. The biggest personalities of the scene - IdrA and Stephano - are both retired/retiring. Naniwa is still around, thankfully, but outside of him what do you have? Suppy isn't exactly the next Stephano, and the rest of the NA/EU scene is just the same old players playing around the same old level they were at in 2012 - ie taking a game here and there from top Koreans but otherwise not doing well enough for people to say they're the next great hope.
sLideSC2
Profile Joined July 2012
United States225 Posts
June 13 2013 22:12 GMT
#64
The game is so much better, but the whole WCS thing is just boring as all hell, or has been so far.
https://twitter.com/sLideSC2 | (NA)sLide.635 | coL_Sasqautch ~ coL_QXC ~ coL_TriMaster
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
June 13 2013 22:18 GMT
#65
I don't see the issue, there's three GSLs going on in three different regions. All you need to do is check liquipedia for the schedule and watch when you want to watch.

edlover420
Profile Joined December 2012
349 Posts
June 13 2013 22:22 GMT
#66
I feel like WCS Global finals went by without anyone noticing, it was really not needed, for next seasons prize money should be changed from 100k Europe, 100k USA, 100k korea and 150k finals to 85k europe, 65k usa and 300k korea. That would maybe make all the Koreans rather play in WCS Korea, which would be very prestige with bigger prize pool and we could have foreigners win WCS Europe and WCS USA. But there certainly is a big problem with all non WCS tournaments they just don't feel as interesting as they used to, but on the other hand I cannot wait for proleague playoffs.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
June 13 2013 22:22 GMT
#67
Like today, I saw WCS AM challenger league under "Upcoming events" in TL calendar about this time. (6:00 pm EST) Thought I might catch it real-time. (even though I am not sure if the games are played real-time)

For some reason it disappeared. (?!)
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 22:26:44
June 13 2013 22:26 GMT
#68
Similarly to Wings of liberty and Brood war, the best of the best is the most fun to watch. With the limited amount of energy and spare time I can spend on SC2, I only watch the GSL and it's still mostly really awesome.
maru G5L pls
therabit
Profile Joined August 2011
795 Posts
June 13 2013 22:26 GMT
#69
I only really follow proleague now. At least in prolaegue there are history, long standing rivalries and many new maps and strategy albeit a little too much PvP. As for the individual league, I catch GSL games here and there but I don't follow it the way I used to. I didn't even bother to watch any of the WCS final except for Mvp vs Bogus series.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
June 13 2013 22:28 GMT
#70
My 2011 hangover of non-stop tournament saturation hasn't stopped yet.

But I have a feeling this WCS is about to be awesome. Not right now, but by the end of this year. Blizzcon will feel a LOT more meaningful. And next year? You will begin to feel like you can actually make comparisons between players due to one worldwide tournament that everyone is involved in.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
June 13 2013 22:33 GMT
#71
I just don't know what to watch anymore, it feels like dreamhack or mlg is pointless now ... i know its not you get points for wcs, but it just feels like wcs kinda ruined things.
Batssa
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States154 Posts
June 13 2013 22:35 GMT
#72
Let's complain more about a non issue so that it becomes an issue! Thanks! It's the same shit that arose over the past two weeks from WCS, just banter with no option of resolve. I liked the tournaments! It's not growing at the same rate that a LoL global tournament is running, so fuck it. Man up and don't be a sissy -- or if you're just dumb and want numbers or to argue on a forum -- not a good place my dear. Seven years ago I stayed up to watch proleague when nobody gave a much rats ass about sc2. If you like something follow it, if you don't. You're fucked. No point crying at an incident because you've never experienced it. Plain stupid.
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
June 13 2013 22:43 GMT
#73
Whoa, I totally disagree. I think it's way easier to follow than ever. I love the new system. It's really nice to have one main tournament that is easy to keep track of, instead of a million at once. It's no longer a wild west of tournaments. There is actually some structure now. Plus, there are weekend-long tournies taking place when WCS isn't on. I think they supplement each other very well.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
June 13 2013 22:43 GMT
#74
On June 14 2013 07:33 jax1492 wrote:
I just don't know what to watch anymore, it feels like dreamhack or mlg is pointless now ... i know its not you get points for wcs, but it just feels like wcs kinda ruined things.


The problem with MLG and Dreamhack was that they always felt GSL light.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
June 13 2013 22:45 GMT
#75
I kind of am on the fence about WCS. One thing it does really well is that it brought all of a region's best players together - WCS Europe has every top European non-korean that comes to mind - Stephano, Lucifron, Vortix, Naniwa, TLO, etc. On the other hand, I kind of wish that the other tournaments (IPL, NASL) didn't get bumped out of the equation. I like how the WCS synergizes with other tournaments like Dreamhack, MLG, and HSC by making them offer WCS points, though.
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 13 2013 22:46 GMT
#76
Phenomenal over saturation right now. All I watch is WCS finals, Code S and some weekend LAN's.
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
June 13 2013 22:49 GMT
#77
People don't want to ever look at the big picture and insist on looking at things as they are right now. It wasn't that great before and everyone was clamoring for blizzard to take a more active role in the scene. They they do that (albeit rushed) and everyone complains it wasn't precisely and exactly what they wanted and don't have the patients to wait for it to get improved. It's litterally impossible to do something this huge "over night". Just give it a while and it will be incredible and everyone will look back on these threads and wonder what all the fuss was about.
Hudson Valley Progamer
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
June 13 2013 22:51 GMT
#78
On June 14 2013 07:46 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Phenomenal over saturation right now. All I watch is WCS finals, Code S and some weekend LAN's.


Do you remember 2011-2012 when there literally was a "BIG TOURNAMENT" every single weekend. Where we literally had more content than days in the week to fill with said content?

You posted 3 things.

Imagine 3-4 things a day.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
June 13 2013 23:00 GMT
#79
I feel the same way and I think a big part of the problem is I have no idea how WCS works. We just had the grand finals recently and it seems like the WCS Challenger League stuff has just been running along the whole time as a separate league or something. I've been watching more SC2 recently than I have in a lonnnnnnnnng time but it's mostly just player streams because theres rarely a notable event going on.
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
June 13 2013 23:05 GMT
#80
On June 14 2013 08:00 SupLilSon wrote:
I feel the same way and I think a big part of the problem is I have no idea how WCS works.


At some level that's your fault and not blizzards. Yes it's confusing and yes they should do a better job making it more accessible but if you're not even going to try and learn how it operates you can't reasonably be upset when you can't follow along.
Hudson Valley Progamer
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem373
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 373
IndyStarCraft 159
Railgan 73
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59022
Shuttle 3136
Horang2 490
BeSt 415
Larva 365
ggaemo 240
Soma 174
Mind 148
Dewaltoss 86
Last 84
[ Show more ]
Sexy 80
Zeus 75
hero 74
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Bale 32
Aegong 31
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 25
NaDa 21
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2896
Dendi1679
420jenkins366
Fuzer 137
Counter-Strike
fl0m3603
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1325
Liquid`Hasu1099
Grubby400
MindelVK17
Other Games
singsing1762
FrodaN1447
B2W.Neo1174
byalli1001
Beastyqt734
Mlord501
ArmadaUGS211
Hui .181
KnowMe136
QueenE88
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 29
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick914
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 58
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4243
League of Legends
• Nemesis3054
Other Games
• Shiphtur223
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 44m
Replay Cast
6h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 44m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 44m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.