• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9057 users

IPL6 reported to be canceled or postponed - Page 17

Forum Index > Closed
599 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 30 Next All
nikola_tesla
Profile Joined February 2013
97 Posts
March 01 2013 17:12 GMT
#321
On March 02 2013 02:04 Integra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:42 Al Bundy wrote:
This thread is kind of a nightmare to read to be honest. I wish teenagers would stop pretending they know business

Nightmare? It's as of now 4chan worthy, this along with the "IGN to simplying and focus" thread.


let's just leave it at "teenagers pretending they know business" and cut the 4chan crap
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
March 01 2013 17:23 GMT
#322
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
March 01 2013 17:26 GMT
#323
On March 02 2013 01:54 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:48 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:22 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:15 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:02 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 00:54 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Your entire post is utter bs, especially the parts about all the teams that closed, only closed, because they were managed poorly (LOL). However, I'd like to hone in specifically on the underlined part.


You mean to tell me you can honestly, with a straight face, tell me that teams like Eclypsia, mTw, SlayerS, Old Quantic, and apeX were managed well and took the best opportunities they could? You're either delusional or you actually believe everything you read on the internet in press releases. I'm not sure which is worse, especially because you're naive enough to think the only reasons teams would merge is due to financial problems.

By saying skeptical posters, such as myself, are GOING to be the reason SC2 declines, implies that SC2 hasn't already declined. Which is purely false. The only tournament to see any growth in viewership is Dreamhack, the rest all have vastly lower viewer numbers according to Twitch.tv. No viewers, no money. No money, players/teams/tournaments start to go under.

Most of the industry, unlike yourself, is able to realize that SC2 is currently in the lull of a mid-expansion switch, combined with the fact that it's the start of the year and the 2013 tournament circuit has yet to begin in full swing. Sitting here saying "SC2 is dead guys, nothing to see here, lets all go back to Call of Duty!" is going to be what actually permanently harms the scene.

Right now, most of the playerbase is waiting for HotS Retail Release before the circuit kicks back into an upswing and to everyone that currently puts money into the growth of eSports it's pretty blatantly apparent.


Funny thing is, if you go to the thread about IGN wanting to sell IPL, you'll see tons and tons of posts similar to this one, proclaiming with absolute confidence that the sceptics simply don't understand business and how the industry functions, IPL is definitely profitable and will find a buyer any day now, and everyone who disagrees is a dumb troll.

Just keep on believing everything's fine bro, surely if you believe hard enough it will become true, right?

Also, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect Plansix, with his "People on the internet just hate these games because they're haters. They got great reviews, so they must be great, right? Those damned entitled gamers!" argument of being some kind of viral marketer drone. Unfortunately though, I've been on the internet long enough to accept the sad truth that there will always be someone who genuinely believes this nonsense.

In any case, I wish you good luck, my brothers. Even though I don't care much for the game anymore, it would be a shame for the scene to fall apart, so I hope things turn for the better somehow. I hope, but I don't really believe it.


I'm just going to take this guy's post, whom had the balls to point out that clearly some of the people attacking me have ulterior motives (sup blizzard). Yup, I can't add much to this because he said everything better than I ever could, so instead I'll just say lets wait and see how it all turns out


I don't really think they have ulterior motives, as nice as it would be to think so. I just think they really want to believe. That thing about viral marketing was just my way of indicating how delusional Plansix is.


I know rational thought is hard to understand for some folks, but facts are just that facts. People who run around claiming SC2 is dying are childish, trolls or just uninformed. You could be any one of the three, or all of them.


I'm also a bitter BW fan, you can add that to your list as well. And a white supremacist, that one never goes out of style. Did you know that all the hateful internet thugs who do nothing but criticize games are all nazis and mysoginist neckbeard basement dwellers? You should really expand your arsenal, Plansix, "children, trolls, or just uninformed" is so passe nowadays.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
March 01 2013 17:28 GMT
#324
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

According to Liquipedia and a few other sources SC2 is actually up on LoL last year. While I don't doubt your maths ability, I trust Liquipedia on these matters above most other people. Also, I think that Riot bumping up LoL's prize pool artifcially (using their own money) isn't a good think, same with The International in Dota 2. However, that's a discussion for another topic ^^
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
March 01 2013 17:31 GMT
#325
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 01 2013 17:33 GMT
#326
On March 02 2013 02:26 Toadvine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:54 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:48 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:22 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:15 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:02 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 00:54 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Your entire post is utter bs, especially the parts about all the teams that closed, only closed, because they were managed poorly (LOL). However, I'd like to hone in specifically on the underlined part.


You mean to tell me you can honestly, with a straight face, tell me that teams like Eclypsia, mTw, SlayerS, Old Quantic, and apeX were managed well and took the best opportunities they could? You're either delusional or you actually believe everything you read on the internet in press releases. I'm not sure which is worse, especially because you're naive enough to think the only reasons teams would merge is due to financial problems.

By saying skeptical posters, such as myself, are GOING to be the reason SC2 declines, implies that SC2 hasn't already declined. Which is purely false. The only tournament to see any growth in viewership is Dreamhack, the rest all have vastly lower viewer numbers according to Twitch.tv. No viewers, no money. No money, players/teams/tournaments start to go under.

Most of the industry, unlike yourself, is able to realize that SC2 is currently in the lull of a mid-expansion switch, combined with the fact that it's the start of the year and the 2013 tournament circuit has yet to begin in full swing. Sitting here saying "SC2 is dead guys, nothing to see here, lets all go back to Call of Duty!" is going to be what actually permanently harms the scene.

Right now, most of the playerbase is waiting for HotS Retail Release before the circuit kicks back into an upswing and to everyone that currently puts money into the growth of eSports it's pretty blatantly apparent.


Funny thing is, if you go to the thread about IGN wanting to sell IPL, you'll see tons and tons of posts similar to this one, proclaiming with absolute confidence that the sceptics simply don't understand business and how the industry functions, IPL is definitely profitable and will find a buyer any day now, and everyone who disagrees is a dumb troll.

Just keep on believing everything's fine bro, surely if you believe hard enough it will become true, right?

Also, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect Plansix, with his "People on the internet just hate these games because they're haters. They got great reviews, so they must be great, right? Those damned entitled gamers!" argument of being some kind of viral marketer drone. Unfortunately though, I've been on the internet long enough to accept the sad truth that there will always be someone who genuinely believes this nonsense.

In any case, I wish you good luck, my brothers. Even though I don't care much for the game anymore, it would be a shame for the scene to fall apart, so I hope things turn for the better somehow. I hope, but I don't really believe it.


I'm just going to take this guy's post, whom had the balls to point out that clearly some of the people attacking me have ulterior motives (sup blizzard). Yup, I can't add much to this because he said everything better than I ever could, so instead I'll just say lets wait and see how it all turns out


I don't really think they have ulterior motives, as nice as it would be to think so. I just think they really want to believe. That thing about viral marketing was just my way of indicating how delusional Plansix is.


I know rational thought is hard to understand for some folks, but facts are just that facts. People who run around claiming SC2 is dying are childish, trolls or just uninformed. You could be any one of the three, or all of them.


I'm also a bitter BW fan, you can add that to your list as well. And a white supremacist, that one never goes out of style. Did you know that all the hateful internet thugs who do nothing but criticize games are all nazis and mysoginist neckbeard basement dwellers? You should really expand your arsenal, Plansix, "children, trolls, or just uninformed" is so passe nowadays.


I only used what I need to get the job done, not more, no less. And I don’t need to “expand my arsenal”, it is already diverse and robust. I do think you need to turn it down a few notches or cut back on the redbulls, because your going a little over the top.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 17:34:19
March 01 2013 17:33 GMT
#327
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 01 2013 17:37 GMT
#328
On March 02 2013 02:33 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.

Its a good think you backed off that 35 year old comment. I was going to get all "internet offended" on you and freak out. Also, 32-35 year olds = way more common sense than 20 somethings.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
nikola_tesla
Profile Joined February 2013
97 Posts
March 01 2013 17:38 GMT
#329
On March 02 2013 02:37 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:33 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.

Its a good think you backed off that 35 year old comment. I was going to get all "internet offended" on you and freak out. Also, 32-35 year olds = way more common sense than 20 somethings.


aren't us older guys supposed to have better common sense than younger lads?
Extenz
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy822 Posts
March 01 2013 17:38 GMT
#330
naniwa is probably mad as fuck lol
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 01 2013 17:40 GMT
#331
On March 02 2013 02:38 nikola_tesla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:37 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:33 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.

Its a good think you backed off that 35 year old comment. I was going to get all "internet offended" on you and freak out. Also, 32-35 year olds = way more common sense than 20 somethings.


aren't us older guys supposed to have better common sense than younger lads?


Always, just like 20 somethings = way smarter than 18 year olds. Its the way the world works.

Or to quote Adam Savage: "It was only became useful to the world after age 24 when I realise that I knew nothing." He then goes on to talk about how that keeps happening to him.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
nikola_tesla
Profile Joined February 2013
97 Posts
March 01 2013 17:43 GMT
#332
On March 02 2013 02:40 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:38 nikola_tesla wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:37 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:33 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.

Its a good think you backed off that 35 year old comment. I was going to get all "internet offended" on you and freak out. Also, 32-35 year olds = way more common sense than 20 somethings.


aren't us older guys supposed to have better common sense than younger lads?


Always, just like 20 somethings = way smarter than 18 year olds. Its the way the world works.

Or to quote Adam Savage: "It was only became useful to the world after age 24 when I realise that I knew nothing." He then goes on to talk about how that keeps happening to him.


he kind of stole that line from socrates, lol
will216
Profile Joined August 2012
United States185 Posts
March 01 2013 17:44 GMT
#333
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.


From A guy that just turned 35 .... Fuck YOU!!!
I'm not the greatest , but I will be one day ...
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 01 2013 17:44 GMT
#334
If you bring age into this argument as if age is actually significant, you're probably pretty stupid. But then again, this entire thread seems to be somewhat silly.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 01 2013 17:46 GMT
#335
On March 02 2013 02:43 nikola_tesla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:40 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:38 nikola_tesla wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:37 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:33 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:31 ACrow wrote:
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

Wow, you have a pretty bad impression of 35 year olds. I guarantee you, the best is yet to come for a 35yo, haha.


Haha noo, don't take it that way. I meant as in yeah, they are not as healthy as 20 year olds(which is true, considering both have a similar lifestyle), but they have more experience etc which can be seen by how Starcraft 2 having a strong community and what seems to be better organization than any other esport community. Teamliquid has been improving for 9 year now.

Its a good think you backed off that 35 year old comment. I was going to get all "internet offended" on you and freak out. Also, 32-35 year olds = way more common sense than 20 somethings.


aren't us older guys supposed to have better common sense than younger lads?


Always, just like 20 somethings = way smarter than 18 year olds. Its the way the world works.

Or to quote Adam Savage: "It was only became useful to the world after age 24 when I realise that I knew nothing." He then goes on to talk about how that keeps happening to him.


he kind of stole that line from socrates, lol

Of course, but I try to keep it current for the younger kids who might not know who this "crates" guy is.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
nikola_tesla
Profile Joined February 2013
97 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 17:49:56
March 01 2013 17:47 GMT
#336
i like to compare starcraft 2 to that of an 18 year old. fast cars, lots of chicks, alcohol, etc. then one day you take this girl out for a really crazy drive and you end up killing a deer along the road. then you go to jail and you spend some time there thinking about what you've done.
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
March 01 2013 17:48 GMT
#337
On March 02 2013 02:44 Zealously wrote:
If you bring age into this argument as if age is actually significant, you're probably pretty stupid. But then again, this entire thread seems to be somewhat silly.

Thanks Zealously, nice to have some common sense injected into a blood stream of insanity.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
March 01 2013 17:49 GMT
#338
On March 02 2013 02:28 kollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:23 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:24 aike wrote:
Starcraft 2: $6,865,805.70 in prize money over 696 tournaments.

League of Legends: $4,186,941.01 in prize money over 80 tournaments, with $1,970,000.00 (47%!) of that from Riot's Season 2 finals.

Pretty interesting... most of that league prize money is from Riot, while almost none of the SC2 money is from Blizzard. I'd say SC2 is pretty healthy, and not dying


I actually added all the prize money in 2012 in both games, and LoL was about 500k~ up on Starcraft 2 in that year. Nobody is denying that Starcraft is easily a Top 3 esport in the world.

The issue here is the decline, organizers such as IPL cannot any longer support the 100k prize pool, which shows stagnation or deflation in the scene. Either IPL predicted starcraft would get larger so the 100k was an investment, or 100k was sustainable before, but with a shrinking scene its not possible anymore. And I think a lot of organizers are in that boat.

SC2:WoL has BY FAR the largest ratio of prize money to viewer numbers in the esport industry, and that is because of expected growth, however the larger that ratio is, the less room to grow there is. For example LoL is getting 5-20x more viewers than Starcraft tournaments, yet their prize pools are pretty similar - that just means SC2 is better structured, and the infrastructure is being set up for LoL.

I think the age of Starcraft 2 we are in right now if you compare it to that of a person is about 35 years. Yeah, you're not dying, but things are becoming tougher, lots of the beauties of life have already happened, and you're having more trouble staying healthy, but you still have a ways to go.

Because LoL is using the "freemium" model, they have incentive to spend great deals of money on tournaments, while realistically Blizzard doesn't benefit nearly as much.

According to Liquipedia and a few other sources SC2 is actually up on LoL last year. While I don't doubt your maths ability, I trust Liquipedia on these matters above most other people. Also, I think that Riot bumping up LoL's prize pool artifcially (using their own money) isn't a good think, same with The International in Dota 2. However, that's a discussion for another topic ^^


I just added up all premier and major events in both SC2 wiki and LoL wiki. I suppose considering Team events aren't included in those, and LoL doesn't have any "team events" per say, that could overcome the 500k deficit, still pretty close either way. Riot is spending $5,000,000 on the 2013 season from the little research I did, which is impressive.

The 140k LoL viewers vs 8k WoL + 4k HotS viewers has to be considered too though when it comes to growth (who wants to become a pro gamer in a game that's at a steady decline?), and also the streaming revenue associated with that. $2-$3 per 1000 impressions, adblock included 60% impression rate means $1.2-$1.8 per user. Lets use numbers of 80k average viewers for LoL and 10k for SC2, and you have an average of $120 of revenue per commercial, using an average rate of 2 commercials per hour you get that League of Legends makes $240 an hour while SC2 makes $30 an hour.

That $210 per hour difference translates to about 1.8 million a year. Yes, during tournaments the numbers fluctuate, SC2 may gets something upwards to excess of 50k, but at the same time LoL gets 250k for it's tournaments too, again this is a rough approximation just to see the difference.

As to your second point: I'll keep it short and sweet, the way the international works, I don't think it's really good, it brings players in, but eh, just not effective at keeping them. Riot hosts not one tournament, but spreads them out, so in a way, they are the federation in their game that controls who's playing who etc, and that means no oversaturation and such.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
March 01 2013 17:49 GMT
#339
On March 02 2013 02:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:26 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:54 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:48 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:22 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:15 Toadvine wrote:
On March 02 2013 01:02 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On March 02 2013 00:54 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Your entire post is utter bs, especially the parts about all the teams that closed, only closed, because they were managed poorly (LOL). However, I'd like to hone in specifically on the underlined part.


You mean to tell me you can honestly, with a straight face, tell me that teams like Eclypsia, mTw, SlayerS, Old Quantic, and apeX were managed well and took the best opportunities they could? You're either delusional or you actually believe everything you read on the internet in press releases. I'm not sure which is worse, especially because you're naive enough to think the only reasons teams would merge is due to financial problems.

By saying skeptical posters, such as myself, are GOING to be the reason SC2 declines, implies that SC2 hasn't already declined. Which is purely false. The only tournament to see any growth in viewership is Dreamhack, the rest all have vastly lower viewer numbers according to Twitch.tv. No viewers, no money. No money, players/teams/tournaments start to go under.

Most of the industry, unlike yourself, is able to realize that SC2 is currently in the lull of a mid-expansion switch, combined with the fact that it's the start of the year and the 2013 tournament circuit has yet to begin in full swing. Sitting here saying "SC2 is dead guys, nothing to see here, lets all go back to Call of Duty!" is going to be what actually permanently harms the scene.

Right now, most of the playerbase is waiting for HotS Retail Release before the circuit kicks back into an upswing and to everyone that currently puts money into the growth of eSports it's pretty blatantly apparent.


Funny thing is, if you go to the thread about IGN wanting to sell IPL, you'll see tons and tons of posts similar to this one, proclaiming with absolute confidence that the sceptics simply don't understand business and how the industry functions, IPL is definitely profitable and will find a buyer any day now, and everyone who disagrees is a dumb troll.

Just keep on believing everything's fine bro, surely if you believe hard enough it will become true, right?

Also, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect Plansix, with his "People on the internet just hate these games because they're haters. They got great reviews, so they must be great, right? Those damned entitled gamers!" argument of being some kind of viral marketer drone. Unfortunately though, I've been on the internet long enough to accept the sad truth that there will always be someone who genuinely believes this nonsense.

In any case, I wish you good luck, my brothers. Even though I don't care much for the game anymore, it would be a shame for the scene to fall apart, so I hope things turn for the better somehow. I hope, but I don't really believe it.


I'm just going to take this guy's post, whom had the balls to point out that clearly some of the people attacking me have ulterior motives (sup blizzard). Yup, I can't add much to this because he said everything better than I ever could, so instead I'll just say lets wait and see how it all turns out


I don't really think they have ulterior motives, as nice as it would be to think so. I just think they really want to believe. That thing about viral marketing was just my way of indicating how delusional Plansix is.


I know rational thought is hard to understand for some folks, but facts are just that facts. People who run around claiming SC2 is dying are childish, trolls or just uninformed. You could be any one of the three, or all of them.


I'm also a bitter BW fan, you can add that to your list as well. And a white supremacist, that one never goes out of style. Did you know that all the hateful internet thugs who do nothing but criticize games are all nazis and mysoginist neckbeard basement dwellers? You should really expand your arsenal, Plansix, "children, trolls, or just uninformed" is so passe nowadays.


I only used what I need to get the job done, not more, no less. And I don’t need to “expand my arsenal”, it is already diverse and robust. I do think you need to turn it down a few notches or cut back on the redbulls, because your going a little over the top.


I will take your good advice into consideration, my friend. I guess we'll see in a year or two who was right about SC2 "dying" - one thing that's certain is that exchanging snide forum posts isn't going to change the ultimate fate of the game one bit. With that, I bid you good night. Mayhaps we'll meet on better terms in TLS twich chat or some other hellhole.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
March 01 2013 17:52 GMT
#340
On March 01 2013 11:04 Fionn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 11:03 StarVe wrote:
Well he also said Red Bull had bought IPL and sent Kevin Knocke to the moon with AskJoshy commentating.


Hey, could happen.



not possible. way too much of a payload to send to the moon with the technology currently available to mankind.

User was warned for this post
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 955
SteadfastSC228
TaKeTV 221
ComeBackTV 193
LamboSC2145
Rex85
EnkiAlexander 21
IndyStarCraft 17
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 228
LamboSC2 145
ProTech134
Rex 85
BRAT_OK 30
IndyStarCraft 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38511
Shuttle 2609
Bisu 919
Horang2 879
Mini 724
Jaedong 722
EffOrt 639
Light 493
Soma 376
BeSt 370
[ Show more ]
firebathero 351
Hyuk 342
Stork 339
Snow 185
Rush 173
Zeus 156
ggaemo 152
ZerO 149
Last 147
Leta 83
hero 72
Pusan 69
sorry 67
Killer 60
Sea.KH 54
Sharp 50
Mong 43
Mind 41
Aegong 29
Shinee 29
soO 27
Bale 27
Shine 25
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 22
Free 20
Terrorterran 16
HiyA 15
NotJumperer 14
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6365
qojqva1649
Dendi806
420jenkins93
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
Reynor103
Counter-Strike
x6flipin330
markeloff296
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 156
Other Games
gofns34148
singsing2137
olofmeister1266
B2W.Neo977
Mlord258
DeMusliM197
Livibee172
Liquid`VortiX133
Hui .127
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King98
QueenE66
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan10
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1799
League of Legends
• Jankos2258
• Nemesis1133
• TFBlade913
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 39m
Stellar Fest
23h 39m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.