• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11137 users

Racial Slurs in QuanticDestiny's Stream - Page 100

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 139 Next
Think twice before hitting post; this thread will be moderated for idiocy and useless posts. Consider this a warning.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
May 01 2012 20:55 GMT
#1981
On May 02 2012 05:50 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:48 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:30 Bigtony wrote:
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "racist." People are racist.

I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.


And I have yet to see Destiny use racist slurs to intentionally offend people of a certain ethnicity, origin, etc. <-- THAT'S what I'd consider racist.

Oh, you mean like calling an Asian person "gook"?


So you actually believe what went through his mind was "This person is Asian, I will use this word because I hate Asians and I hope it offends him" ? He must really hate Asians, staying in a Korean progaming house and shit. I watched his stream during this time because I was interested and he got along with the players there. So man, people who know Destiny seem to get along with him. But I'm sure you know him better than all those people because of screenshots bro.
Good night.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 20:57:11
May 01 2012 20:55 GMT
#1982
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:30 Bigtony wrote:
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "racist." People are racist.

I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.

edit: its not like this is a pattern for him or anything...
Marcus420
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1923 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 20:57:10
May 01 2012 20:55 GMT
#1983
I would take "people who go to sponsors" with a grain a salt. Once you let trolls know this they will go out of their way to do shit like this(go to sponsors and such). Sponsors really shouldnt take advice from random people messaging them.


also, if this hasnt been discussed, when destiny BMs koreans, hes expecting them not to understand a thing he said.
KiWiKaKi
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada691 Posts
May 01 2012 20:56 GMT
#1984
pathetic thread
ur pro or ur noob , thats life
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
May 01 2012 20:56 GMT
#1985
On May 02 2012 05:54 TricksAre4Figs wrote:
Pestiny doesn't deserve a sponsorship. Teach this filth a lesson and remove him from everything SC2 related. Imagine the arrogance he has to be such a ... flamer and think he can get away with it. Get out.

How dare you call Destiny a flamer? Don't you know that's a slur against homosexuals?! Because of you, no less than 1000 homosexual children have been jailed for their beliefs. Shame on you.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 20:59:00
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1986
On May 02 2012 05:54 lightsentry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:52 courtpanda wrote:
im asian and never heard the word gook until now.



yeah this, I'm asian too and I have no idea what gook means, wasn't even aware it was an asian slur

I'd guess you two aren't Indochinese. Watch any Vietnam war movie and the word is everywhere. Mostly an old man's word though, same with "charlie."
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1987
On May 02 2012 04:58 Zoesan wrote:
Do you really think razer will care? Seriously?

My opinion on this is: if you get offended by words, you deserve to be offended. Destiny is famous because he cusses and sweards and uses slurs. Don't like it don't watch. I don't watch his stream, I don't like him particularly. But I'm not crying and bitching about the use of words. If he started killing asians (or what have you), that would be something else.

It's just like gay and faggot, words I use all the time. Hell, one of my best friends is gay and he doesn't give a flying fuck about the language I use, because he knows how I stand.


On May 02 2012 04:38 esperanto wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted already, please everyone read this gaymers story:

http://kotaku.com/5854012/this-gaymers-story

I never understood why ppl have fun in using faggot as a "bad" word.
Comparing to the usuall gaming community I might be "grown up and old" but I think about the words that I write and I expect the same from the ppl that earn money through esports.

I'm going to quote this post again -- I don't think anyone has clicked the link to the story. Stop pretending that racial slurs aren't harmful, please.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1988
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:30 Bigtony wrote:
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "racist." People are racist.

I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.
FragRaptor
Profile Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1989
This seems like less of a racial slur and more destiny trying to give his opinion on all the flaming going on about what people said.

I bet he chuckled a little before he said it, not at you, but at the idiots who would be trolling about it trying to compare it to orb. This type of thing is just Steven being a smart ass IMHO, nothing really that bad. It would be one thing if it was constant for every person like that, but it isn't.

His twitter post just affirms this assessment.
Do your thing. No matter what.
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1990
On May 02 2012 05:50 windsupernova wrote:
Lol so apparently unless you are not part of the targeted grou pf certain insult you can't say anything about this?

What a moronic and selfish logic. Hopefully the people saying that are beardnecks that will never be in charge of anything important


Pretty funny how you're in here arguing in defense of a group of people who feel insulted, then turn around and insult another group of people (unprovoked).

I hope you're never in charge of anything important, seriously.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
May 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#1991
On May 02 2012 05:51 LarJarsE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:48 LarJarsE wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Kaitlin wrote:
Poll: Internet Censorship ...

is bad. (67)
 
85%

is bad, unless I happen to agree, then it's good. (7)
 
9%

is good. (5)
 
6%

79 total votes

Your vote: Internet Censorship ...

(Vote): is good.
(Vote): is bad.
(Vote): is bad, unless I happen to agree, then it's good.


internet censorship bad. lets make a more fair poll
Poll: internet hate speech.. is it (morally)

bad (71)
 
64%

justified (40)
 
36%

111 total votes

Your vote: internet hate speech.. is it (morally)

(Vote): bad
(Vote): justified


it would be nice for the people who answered this poll to explain themselves

I chose that internet hate speech (or any hate speech really) is morally bad. its HATE speech people.. i think that hiding behind your online ID and using hate speech to piss someone off or intimidate them is LOW and lame as hell.

It is quite humorous how everyone voting that internet hate speech is justified. the poll is rhetorical. of course hate speech is morally bad. it is clear that those who just want to derail the thread because they simply "dont care what destiny does", are going to say everything any anything to defend hate speech, and will vote ridiculous answers on polls which answer should be a no-brainier for the modern civilized human
since 98'
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 21:03:45
May 01 2012 20:59 GMT
#1992
I don't get what (some) people make out of this. There is clearly an issue here but I don't think it is what people think.

Words are words. Meanings are meanings. Words have certain meanings, but WHAT meanings they have is completely subjective. If I call a good friend a "fucking idiot" he knows that I don't really think that he is an idiot, I'm just mad and I said this to show that I'm mad. (And he also knows when I really mean that he is a fucking idiot, because it is also context-dependent)

The same thing is with strangers and "harsher" words. Calling someone a gook, nigger or whatever you want doesn't always mean that I mean "I want to offend you because of what ethnical background you have", it could just mean "I'm mad as fuck and I have brainfarts so I say this shit".

Now, we don't know what Destiny thought here or if he thought at all, but what the OP does here is pretty contrary to what he says.

@OP:
You say that you don't think that Destiny means it in a racist way, but what else is there? The only thing left is that he was mad at you for how you played, so basically this topic is about Destiny being mad and you getting offended by his reaction, not specifically racial slurs. And that, in my opinion, is something that happens every day and shouldn't be a "public issue".
(Otherwise, there could be the use of the word that offends you. But then I'm asking: Why do you use this word, too? Shouldn't that offend you? I guess not, because it's not the word, it's what people mean.)
rstar
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada6 Posts
May 01 2012 20:59 GMT
#1993
LOL @ OP changing the thread title to try and increase the ferocity of the shit storm at "Quantic" Destiny. What a piece of work...
blue cheese
Silvertine
Profile Joined February 2012
United States509 Posts
May 01 2012 20:59 GMT
#1994
On May 02 2012 05:56 KiWiKaKi wrote:
pathetic thread

Pathetic post. You shouldn't raise an objection when you're completely unable to explain it.
zerglingrodeo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States910 Posts
May 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#1995
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
[quote]
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.


While the discussion of how to tell whether someone is racist, I don't think it is particularly relevant. The question is not "is Destiny secretly a racist?" For all I know he is just a robot designed to stream SC while generating annoying banter. The question is "is this sort of behavior something that we want to condone from our public figures?"
"This is how philosophers should salute one another: 'Take your time!'' - Wittgenstein
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
May 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#1996
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
[quote]
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.


Last time we had this issue, the community did not agree with your logic. While I don't think the consequences will be as bad for Destiny as they were for Orb, you are still on the wrong side of this argument...and there's a reason for that (hint: your'e wrong).
#2throwed
dmasterding
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States205 Posts
May 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#1997
On May 02 2012 05:57 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 04:58 Zoesan wrote:
Do you really think razer will care? Seriously?

My opinion on this is: if you get offended by words, you deserve to be offended. Destiny is famous because he cusses and sweards and uses slurs. Don't like it don't watch. I don't watch his stream, I don't like him particularly. But I'm not crying and bitching about the use of words. If he started killing asians (or what have you), that would be something else.

It's just like gay and faggot, words I use all the time. Hell, one of my best friends is gay and he doesn't give a flying fuck about the language I use, because he knows how I stand.


Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 04:38 esperanto wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted already, please everyone read this gaymers story:

http://kotaku.com/5854012/this-gaymers-story

I never understood why ppl have fun in using faggot as a "bad" word.
Comparing to the usuall gaming community I might be "grown up and old" but I think about the words that I write and I expect the same from the ppl that earn money through esports.

I'm going to quote this post again -- I don't think anyone has clicked the link to the story. Stop pretending that racial slurs aren't harmful, please.


Please note the difference between what Destiny is doing and what the guy had to face. In the poor gaymer's case he was being actively harassed by those and could not avoid it. One CAN turn on the mature audience filter if they're getting offended by the words they see on the ladder, and one CAN choose not to tune into Destiny's stream.
No tears now, only dreams.
nakedsurfer
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada500 Posts
May 01 2012 21:01 GMT
#1998
On May 02 2012 05:53 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:51 CrugerDK wrote:
i dont get people sometimes....

if you find destiny offensive, dont watch his stream.
if you face him on ladder and hes being offensive, report him to blizzard like you could for anyone else you'd face...

going to sponsers?? really??

especially the people who are offended on behalf of someone else... really??
what ever happen to sticks and "stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?

i think some people should reconsider their priorities...

I don't get why people like you feel the need to come into a thread and post a sentiment which has been voiced literally 100 times in almost the exact same words. It has been responded to even more times, just search through the thread. You're adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.


Just because his opinion is the same as others doesn't give him less of a right to post. It's like asking why the 100th person voted on 1 guy in elections if 99 people before him voted the same person.

To be honest, your post is of less value because it actually doesn't add any discussion that is related to the thread.
Root4Root
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
May 01 2012 21:01 GMT
#1999
On May 02 2012 05:57 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 04:58 Zoesan wrote:
Do you really think razer will care? Seriously?

My opinion on this is: if you get offended by words, you deserve to be offended. Destiny is famous because he cusses and sweards and uses slurs. Don't like it don't watch. I don't watch his stream, I don't like him particularly. But I'm not crying and bitching about the use of words. If he started killing asians (or what have you), that would be something else.

It's just like gay and faggot, words I use all the time. Hell, one of my best friends is gay and he doesn't give a flying fuck about the language I use, because he knows how I stand.


Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 04:38 esperanto wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted already, please everyone read this gaymers story:

http://kotaku.com/5854012/this-gaymers-story

I never understood why ppl have fun in using faggot as a "bad" word.
Comparing to the usuall gaming community I might be "grown up and old" but I think about the words that I write and I expect the same from the ppl that earn money through esports.

I'm going to quote this post again -- I don't think anyone has clicked the link to the story. Stop pretending that racial slurs aren't harmful, please.

Clicked it, read it, feel sorry for the guy, but, as usual, he's soapboxing against a word when the real problem is the abuse.

Plus there's always the lovely :

"When you say I am asking people to be too politically correct, I hear, "I want to keep kicking you, raping you, and subjecting you to painful court processes that go nowhere, and you're not allowed to ask me to stop."

Because, if you think I am oversensitive, I dearly hope you never go through a fraction of what I have. Otherwise, you might find that your skin isn't so much thick, as it has been largely untested. I am still here. I have been suicidal, but I am still here, ready to raise a middle finger, yell, and demand that I not be subhuman."

which just ranges from vindictive to wrong. If you're tying to get people to sympathize with you, telling them you want them to get the shit kicked out of them if they disagree isn't a very smart method.
LordAben
Profile Joined September 2011
20 Posts
May 01 2012 21:02 GMT
#2000
Personally, i dont care if anyone calls me anything only because its a word. Its just a word, and it means nothing because i let it mean nothing. If you or anyone else gets called anything and you get mad for whatever reason, congrats because you are a dumb fuck. So what if someone says nigger or gook or cracker, because it only means something of hate if you let it mean something of hate. In this specific case, say "GG" and wait for him to leave, if he types the whole dictionary of "hurtful" words so fucking what, if you dont like it then dont play, because you are never going to change the other person and stop them from being an asshole. ESPECIALLY destiny, because lets be honest, he just does not give a fuck.
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 139 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1426
WardiTV674
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6356
Bisu 2323
Jaedong 1095
EffOrt 516
Horang2 404
actioN 374
Mini 301
ZerO 222
ggaemo 175
Larva 149
[ Show more ]
Mind 111
Pusan 97
Shinee 87
Sharp 79
Dewaltoss 71
Sea.KH 70
Bale 61
Barracks 60
Hyun 57
Snow 55
hero 40
ToSsGirL 37
sorry 28
NotJumperer 26
scan(afreeca) 20
Trap 15
Sacsri 13
Noble 12
Rock 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc3971
qojqva1820
Dendi998
Counter-Strike
markeloff86
Other Games
olofmeister1022
hiko800
B2W.Neo548
Lowko364
crisheroes299
DeMusliM238
Pyrionflax208
Livibee143
Liquid`VortiX111
Hui .98
QueenE90
Mew2King59
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV737
League of Legends
• Jankos1885
• Nemesis1504
• TFBlade418
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 38m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.