• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:30
CEST 02:30
KST 09:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

Racial Slurs in QuanticDestiny's Stream - Page 102

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 139 Next
Think twice before hitting post; this thread will be moderated for idiocy and useless posts. Consider this a warning.
knOxStarcraft
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada422 Posts
May 01 2012 21:10 GMT
#2021
He looked for the thing that he thought would be the most offensive to an Asian, and gook is probably pretty offensive to an Asian. But you can't do anything about it; He probably is laughing right now at all this over sensitive bitching. Listen, if you're all so offended by what he writes on the internet don't watch his stream, it's that simple.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
May 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#2022
On May 02 2012 06:08 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
[quote]

And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.

Notice how Destiny's fans and apologists constantly change the subject from whether what he said was racist to whether or not he is a true, dyed-in-the-wool racist. They are two separate questions entirely, you don't have to a racist in order to say something racist.

I'm white and obviously have no hatred for my own race. Does that mean I could say "All white people are murderous devils" and it wouldn't be a bigoted statement? Something is either racist or not, the fact that the person who said it isn't racist doesn't change that. Hate to break it you black-and-white thinkers but people who aren't hateful sometimes say hateful things. People who aren't insane sometimes say insane things.


Stunning example! I agree completely. In the same vein, it's pretty obvious that when you said "all white people are murderous devils" you're not being serious and therefore nobody should care. Similarly, when Destiny rages on ladder, it's probably best to not read too much into it.

I can't really believe I'm defending Destiny considering I hate his stream with a passion, but nevertheless, I didn't expect people would be so stubborn about this.
dronefarm
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States260 Posts
May 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#2023
On May 02 2012 05:55 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:50 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:48 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:37 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:30 Bigtony wrote:
I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "racist." People are racist.

I'm of the opinion that words are words. A word cannot be "antiquated". People are antiquated.

Your logic is basically white noise, it could used to state anything.


And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.


And I have yet to see Destiny use racist slurs to intentionally offend people of a certain ethnicity, origin, etc. <-- THAT'S what I'd consider racist.

Oh, you mean like calling an Asian person "gook"?


So you actually believe what went through his mind was "This person is Asian, I will use this word because I hate Asians and I hope it offends him" ? He must really hate Asians, staying in a Korean progaming house and shit. I watched his stream during this time because I was interested and he got along with the players there. So man, people who know Destiny seem to get along with him. But I'm sure you know him better than all those people because of screenshots bro.
Good night.


He's using the word gook because he's playing against korean players on the korean server and that word is an offensive term for asian people, so he either said it to offend the person, or because that's a word that pops into his head when he thinks of asians; neither of those reactions belong on a stream of a player representing a big team/sponsor. I don't really care about the player in question positively or negatively, but I absolutely think that this kind of reaction can negatively effect the team/sport/sponser (as we've seen on this thread, it may not be the majority, but enough people care that it is a definite thing) and we should take offense at that, not attack the personality/character of the player.

The community is way to oriented to attacking the player. The reaction here should be cut and dry; Make it clear to the player that he/she should not conduct themselves in such a manner in public media and that sort of behavior is not acceptable, not hating on him and calling him a racist, etc, etc.
If you can chill, chill
mythandier
Profile Joined January 2011
United States828 Posts
May 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#2024
Warden -- I never see you stream anymore so I'm really surprised to see you post here. I do think you have a valid point -- one that's been brought up before and one that most people replying to the OP are more or less overlooking.

Destiny has every right to stream whatever kind of language he chooses to do so and Quantic has every right to sponsor him if they are willing to accept that he represents their organization.

However -- whether or not he wanted it, as a featured streamer, Destiny is a highly visible community figure. I think for someone to continue to be a featured streamer on TL they should portray values that are in line with 1) TL itself and 2) professional esports as a whole.

Generally speaking, professionals of any sort are held to a higher standard than casual/amateurs in the same field. For example, if JoeShmoe the non-featured, non-sponsored, platnium league streamer wants to go on racial tirades for no reason then no big deal. Why? Because his actions don't have the influence that someone with 2-6k viewers has.

As professional streamers, you have kids looking up to you. Seriously, kids. Easily influenced kids that want to emulate what they perceive as cool -- and that kind of stuff just isn't cool. Personally I don't think there's any room for this kind of language or attitude in professional eSports. In my opinion, there should be agreed upon standards for featured streamers and if they don't adhere to said standards then they are removed from the featured list.

Also, I don't think this conversation needs to involve the -orb- incident at all because that's a different situation that's over and done with and this thread is purely about 1 persons actions.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
May 01 2012 21:12 GMT
#2025
On May 02 2012 06:10 hugman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:39 DarkLordOlli wrote:
[quote]

And yet he's right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.


Stop the fucking thread

Someone incessantly using racial slurs is accused of being racist!
How dare anyone accuse him of that!?

It's one thing to accuse; it's yet another to continue pretending it's the case when it's clear that any racism was nothing more than fleeting anger.
thatsundowner
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada312 Posts
May 01 2012 21:12 GMT
#2026
On May 02 2012 06:08 zEnVy wrote:
I pity people whose feelings get hurt over words. There isn't a thing you can call me that would make me upset.

People say things they don't mean when they're angry. Everybody does, I know I do. If Destiny calls his senator and demands they pass a law against gay marriage because it's unnatural that would make him a homophobe, not because of what he types while playing a video game on the internet.

I often times use the words "nigger" and "faggot" but I am neither racist nor homophobic. I have gay friends, black friends, and asian friends. Words are just that, words. Who cares what I say when I'm mad on the internet?

Let me follow you around and record you everytime you get mad about something and then let everybody on the internet know please.


An underlying issue in this whole thing is exactly this, how casual using these words has become. Why is it that when we get angry the first words we snap to are derogatory words for black people or homosexuals? There are ways to get angry without using words that imply an entire group of people are lesser human beings.
"you're gonna fail" in latin
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
May 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#2027
Hi I made another new poll since I found the other to be a bit slanted.
Poll: Is Destiny´s behavior acceptable to you?

No (76)
 
55%

Yes (38)
 
28%

Indifferent (23)
 
17%

137 total votes

Your vote: Is Destiny´s behavior acceptable to you?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): Indifferent

♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
May 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#2028
Honestly, I don't see what is so acceptable about this. Having met Warden IRL, he's a nice guy, and while he plays on the more aggressive side, and sometimes that ticks people off, it's part of the game. Raging at people for allining is fine IMO. I don't think it's acceptable though to bring in racial slurs at all though.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
-MoOsE-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States236 Posts
May 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#2029
On May 02 2012 06:08 zEnVy wrote:
I pity people whose feelings get hurt over words. There isn't a thing you can call me that would make me upset.

People say things they don't mean when they're angry. Everybody does, I know I do. If Destiny calls his senator and demands they pass a law against gay marriage because it's unnatural that would make him a homophobe, not because of what he types while playing a video game on the internet.

I often times use the words "nigger" and "faggot" but I am neither racist nor homophobic. I have gay friends, black friends, and asian friends. Words are just that, words. Who cares what I say when I'm mad on the internet?

Let me follow you around and record you everytime you get mad about something and then let everybody on the internet know please.



Yes please to this. He is not acting in a way in which he means it. Everyone says this stuff. I wouldn't believe you guys went to school after reading this. I hear this and much worse every day, and some people actually mean it there and still no one cares; we just ignore it because it doesn't matter.
The King in the North Fighting
cydial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States750 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 21:15:27
May 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#2030
Uhh.... welcome to the real world where peoples' punishments are dealt by how others feel about them?

People like destiny, people didn't really like Orb.

Destiny can say nigger, spic, gook, chink, wop, jew, dyke, faggot, cunt, on loop for an entire stream session and people would be amused by his antics. If Orb did this there would be an online petition for him to be thrown in jail.
metho
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany28 Posts
May 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#2031
wait, 102 pages? really? It's not like that's big news...
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
May 01 2012 21:16 GMT
#2032
On May 02 2012 06:12 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 06:10 hugman wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
[quote]
What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.


Stop the fucking thread

Someone incessantly using racial slurs is accused of being racist!
How dare anyone accuse him of that!?

It's one thing to accuse; it's yet another to continue pretending it's the case when it's clear that any racism was nothing more than fleeting anger.


Really? It's clear that it was "fleeting?" Because Destiny regularly uses language like that and he even came into this very thread to defend his use of those words.
#2throwed
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 21:28:50
May 01 2012 21:16 GMT
#2033
102 pages and nobody linked destiny's tweet from 3 hours ago??


Steven Bonnell II ‏ @Steven_Bonnell
Alright, I did some thinking, I'm sorry about what I said. Here's a link to my official statement on the issue - http://tinyurl.com/apologytocommunity


This is priceless. A complete non-issue that becomes an issue by whiteknights and deluded esports fanatics that fail to realize how small and insignificant we really are. I hope our inflated self worth, esports bubble bursts so we can get back to reality and build this with a community that doesn't have add, bipolar and borderline personality disorders. As it happens though, the bigger we get the more maintstream we will become. We all know how idiotic the general population is so I guess as we grow so does our proportion of imbeciles. All hail our new corporate media overlords, I welcome our new politcally correct slavedrivers.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1081 Posts
May 01 2012 21:16 GMT
#2034
On May 02 2012 05:29 LarJarsE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 05:27 Arghmyliver wrote:
People actually think Destiny is a bigot?

Are you guys serious?

Here are some bigots -

Adolf Hitler
Saddam Hussein
Nathan Bedford Forrest

Destiny is not a bigot.

google "define bigoted"
2. Expressing or characterized by prejudice and intolerance.

you do not need to be a world class asshole or famous jerk to be a bigot.
therefore, I disagree with your statement. destiny is a bigot.


I sincerely doubt that Destiny is characterized by prejudice or intolerance. Would you say that Mark Twain then is a bigot because books he wrote contained racial slurs?
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
May 01 2012 21:16 GMT
#2035
On May 02 2012 05:56 KiWiKaKi wrote:
pathetic thread


Completely agree.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
May 01 2012 21:17 GMT
#2036
I have no idea why Destiny does what he does.

I think he does what he does, because he makes money by doing it.


I would prefer he not use the N word or call people fucking f@ggot$...... However, I like watching him play LoL as he is entertaining. I just personally try to tune out the words he says/types that I find unnecessary.


Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
latan
Profile Joined July 2010
740 Posts
May 01 2012 21:17 GMT
#2037
this is a very relevant video:

-MoOsE-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States236 Posts
May 01 2012 21:17 GMT
#2038
On May 02 2012 06:14 Amui wrote:
Honestly, I don't see what is so acceptable about this. Having met Warden IRL, he's a nice guy, and while he plays on the more aggressive side, and sometimes that ticks people off, it's part of the game. Raging at people for allining is fine IMO. I don't think it's acceptable though to bring in racial slurs at all though.



I don't see the problem when he DOESN'T MEAN IT. Why are you guys getting so worked up over this, and every time this comes up. I just don't understand. I feel like if someone called my a faggot and whatnot I just ingore them and if they continue I just block them. I don't want to sound insensative, but you guys need to stop nit picking people. If you don't like him just stop watching him. Its not that hard.
The King in the North Fighting
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
May 01 2012 21:17 GMT
#2039
On May 02 2012 06:12 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 06:10 hugman wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:57 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:55 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:51 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:47 Klondikebar wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:46 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:44 HorsemasterK wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Shiori wrote:
On May 02 2012 05:42 Silvertine wrote:
[quote]
What are you talking about? That is probably the tenth post you've made in this thread which hasn't made a lick of sense.

Words don't make you a racist. Being prejudiced against another race makes you racist. The former doesn't imply the latter.


All we can see is your words. I cannot know your inner thoughts and its logically fallacious to assume that, if you use racist language, you are anything BUT a racist.


It's logically fallacious to infer Destiny is a racist from the fact that he used a racial slur outside of a context in which it would be obviously racist (i.e. if he were giving a speech at a Neo-Nazi rally).


It is logically fallacious to infer that a creature is a duck because it quacked.

No seriously, if you don't want people calling you a racist, don't use racist slurs.

I don't care if people call Destiny racist. Those people are entitled to be presumptive buffoons. I care when people act like this is a logical or reasonable conclusion, because it's not. For what it's worth, I don't think using racial slurs is evidence of not being a racist either, but in the context Destiny used it, I figure it's evidence of basically nothing.

I mean, if you want to infer that Destiny's a human being because he used human speech, or that he speaks English because he spoke an English word, then go for it. Spare me your poorly crafted and disingenuous witticisms though.


Why does the context excuse this? He seems compelled to use racist/homophobic language, it seems fair to assume he is racist/homophobic. There is no evidence to the contrary.


How in the holy mother of fuck do you move from

1) He uses racist language when he's raging

to

2) he's racist.

that's like saying: well, we know the creature is alive, therefore it's a duck. I mean, we don't know that it's a duck, but we don't know that it's not a duck, and it's possible that it could be a duck, so it's a duck.


Stop the fucking thread

Someone incessantly using racial slurs is accused of being racist!
How dare anyone accuse him of that!?

It's one thing to accuse; it's yet another to continue pretending it's the case when it's clear that any racism was nothing more than fleeting anger.


So any wrongdoing in a fit of rage should be forgiven cuz it was fleeting anger?
Raid
Profile Joined September 2010
United States398 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 21:18:46
May 01 2012 21:18 GMT
#2040
As an asian-american, I actually think a simple apology from Destiny to the OP is simply enough. But after seeing how he responded on how he defends himself on having the "right" to use such racial slurs... I find it disgusting that people would defend such a person.

The term "gook" is to not be taken lightly, my parents came from the Vietnam War and I can tell you the reason why the military uses racial slurs is to differentiate themselves from the minority making it easier for them to kill... There shouldn't be justification in committing a hate crime of a person of another minority just because you feel you have the right to free speech.

I find it silly that Destiny cannot man up and just apologize and get this over with. If he feels that he needs to have an extended vocabulary then I suggest not being in a team where he represents the name of "Quantic" and their sponsors...
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 139 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft533
Nina 170
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13750
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4332
Other Games
summit1g9418
FrodaN3321
JimRising 581
KnowMe192
ViBE114
ArmadaUGS109
Mew2King61
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1264
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream112
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• Letter146
• davetesta5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 30m
INu's Battles
11h 30m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 30m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 30m
Replay Cast
22h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.