• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9619 users

Bronze-Gold Teamleague - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
WarEagle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States130 Posts
April 05 2012 17:56 GMT
#181
I don't want to sound like a buzz kill, but I want to help you guys out and see a team league succeed at the Bronze-Gold level, and so I want to share with you what my experience has been thus far in regards to amateur team leagues, what has worked, and what has failed.

I will say upfront that I'm no expert, but I have been researching team leagues since January, both amateur and professional, watching the tournament threads and/or respective website, taking notes of what works, what doesn't, and reading through countless pages of praise and complaints. I've also had help from other event organizers who were kind enough to guide me along the way. This is what I've concluded:

First and foremost, don't run a league from a thread. It's unorganized, even the most organized of threads w/ the most organized of people running it. It's just too hard to keep up w/ everything, and it requires everyone to read through page after page to keep up to date, not to mention it's unappealing. Get a website, even if it's a free one from Word Press. Bare minimum you need a homepage where event organizers can communicate w/ participants, a forum for everyone to discuss the event, and contact page so people can register/contact the admins. Also, use a tournament management system. For a round robin followed by playoffs system, use Binary Beast.

The second biggest killer of a league: scheduling. DO NOT leave it up to the teams to schedule matches. It will not work. Bottom line. Take a consensus, talk about when most people would like to play, then schedule the matches for them. Do not take a team's organizational skills for granted. I've seen teams who are easy to contact and show up on time to matches, and others who I can never get email replies from or will say "We have a match today? No one told me." And that's Master/GM level teams I'm talking about. They are supposed to be well established and organized. If you just throw together a bunch of teams and expect them to be organized your crazy. Some of them will be fine, but other teams will be unorganized and fall apart half way through the league, and then your entire bracket is screwed, and the league falls apart. Which brings me to my next point.

Pro league formatting is a logistical nightmare. It requires teams to have players of each level, and enough of each level to provide backup when someone doesn't show. This is already proving to be an issue. It also requires the teams to communicate with each other prior to the match what their rosters will be. This just adds another level of complication. There is a reason why it's called pro league format; you need organized, professional players and event organizers to make it a smooth process.

The league needs to be as simple as possible, including rules, scheduling, and formatting. If you want to get it off the ground, keep it simple, hope you can finish a season, then let it grow naturally. Here is what I would recommend to run this league. I think the 8 teams is a good number to start with. Ask for 8 volunteers who want to be team captains. A captain should have good communication and organizational skills. Then compile a list of everyone here who wants to be a part of the league, and let the 8 captains pick one by one until everyone is on a team. In doing Best of 5 matches, around 6-8 players per team would be a good number to ensure teams always have enough players to do a clan war at any given date; that will give them 3 starters and 3-5 backups. Next, give the teams a grace period to get to know one another, play some games together, and evaluate who on the team is reliable or not so they can make a roster. The teams will need to setup an in game chat channel, a clan site to organize team functions, exchange contact information amongst themselves, etc. Then let them start having friendly clan wars against each other so once the league starts, the teams know how to effectively run a clan war.

This experience among the teams and players will make running a league SOOOOO much easier on the admins. And while these teams are getting organized and experienced, the league admins need to be setting up a streamlined system to run the league, and preparing themselves mentally for what they are about to jump into. They need to come up with a simple, concise rules page. Don't be too strict, b/c at this level it's all about fun and your really don't have to worry about cheating. Come up with a good map pool, and let the players know what it is beforehand so they can start practicing on those maps.

Hopefully within a few weeks everyone will be ready to go and most of the league pitfalls will be avoided. Once again, this is just my opinion of how a successful league should be setup, based on my experience and observations. I'm not saying that if you fail to do these things your league will fail, but trust me when I say that I have seen failed leagues and extremely crappy leagues that would have benefited greatly from some of the things I listed.

Maybe some of this advice will help you get the league running, as I would love to see a large team base at the Bronze-Gold level, and I wish everyone the best of luck in this venture. If you need any help with organization or want to ask me any questions, feel free to contact me at admin@sc2clans.org.
Dasende
Profile Joined August 2010
United States864 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 18:14:50
April 05 2012 18:12 GMT
#182
Most of these things are already being done, we haven't posted anything formal yet because the league isn't formalized yet. Once we have completed all of the necessary things, we'll move our rumblings from our Skype convos and into the finalized thread.
[SC2: Dasende.347] [@Dasende8702] [HS/Heroes: Dasende#1376] Founder of ChoboTeamLeague
zergmacro34
Profile Joined March 2012
59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 19:22:24
April 05 2012 19:21 GMT
#183
On April 06 2012 02:02 howLiN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 01:50 zergmacro34 wrote:
right away what im thinking with this is stay in bronze to pwn nubs in this team league even though im diamond skill


We will do everything to make sure that won't happen.


And how would you go about doing this honestly? I could play just above bronze but below silver to be king of the bronze.
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
April 05 2012 19:24 GMT
#184
On April 06 2012 04:21 zergmacro34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 02:02 howLiN wrote:
On April 06 2012 01:50 zergmacro34 wrote:
right away what im thinking with this is stay in bronze to pwn nubs in this team league even though im diamond skill


We will do everything to make sure that won't happen.


And how would you go about doing this honestly? I could play just above bronze but below silver.


Well, personally not in it, but I would be able to spot a player above gold level instantly, tbh.
Anyone who has played this game for some time would know. Just an example, Major as I think the guy is mostly known under that ID, tried to go into a SEA only tournament, for I think diamond players or some, where moonglade was casting. He spotted that this person was way better almost instantly. I almost think the gab in the lower leagues is even bigger tbh, so it shouldn't be no issue to spot for whoever is going to control this league, or atleast I hope so.
Hell, it's about time
zergmacro34
Profile Joined March 2012
59 Posts
April 05 2012 20:08 GMT
#185
On April 06 2012 04:24 Cinim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 04:21 zergmacro34 wrote:
On April 06 2012 02:02 howLiN wrote:
On April 06 2012 01:50 zergmacro34 wrote:
right away what im thinking with this is stay in bronze to pwn nubs in this team league even though im diamond skill


We will do everything to make sure that won't happen.


And how would you go about doing this honestly? I could play just above bronze but below silver.


Well, personally not in it, but I would be able to spot a player above gold level instantly, tbh.
Anyone who has played this game for some time would know. Just an example, Major as I think the guy is mostly known under that ID, tried to go into a SEA only tournament, for I think diamond players or some, where moonglade was casting. He spotted that this person was way better almost instantly. I almost think the gab in the lower leagues is even bigger tbh, so it shouldn't be no issue to spot for whoever is going to control this league, or atleast I hope so.


Yes but I would think like a bronze, act like a bronze and play like a bronze- just enough to win.
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
April 05 2012 20:10 GMT
#186
On April 06 2012 05:08 zergmacro34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 04:24 Cinim wrote:
On April 06 2012 04:21 zergmacro34 wrote:
On April 06 2012 02:02 howLiN wrote:
On April 06 2012 01:50 zergmacro34 wrote:
right away what im thinking with this is stay in bronze to pwn nubs in this team league even though im diamond skill


We will do everything to make sure that won't happen.


And how would you go about doing this honestly? I could play just above bronze but below silver.


Well, personally not in it, but I would be able to spot a player above gold level instantly, tbh.
Anyone who has played this game for some time would know. Just an example, Major as I think the guy is mostly known under that ID, tried to go into a SEA only tournament, for I think diamond players or some, where moonglade was casting. He spotted that this person was way better almost instantly. I almost think the gab in the lower leagues is even bigger tbh, so it shouldn't be no issue to spot for whoever is going to control this league, or atleast I hope so.


Yes but I would think like a bronze, act like a bronze and play like a bronze- just enough to win.


If your diamond for example or higher, you cant play to bronze level, you just cant. also, it's just a minor tournament there isn't going to be any reason to cheat, probably not going to be any awards either. Only way you can act bronze is by going off race where you don't know any of the building or binds or anything maybe
Hell, it's about time
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
April 05 2012 20:12 GMT
#187
On April 06 2012 05:08 zergmacro34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 04:24 Cinim wrote:
On April 06 2012 04:21 zergmacro34 wrote:
On April 06 2012 02:02 howLiN wrote:
On April 06 2012 01:50 zergmacro34 wrote:
right away what im thinking with this is stay in bronze to pwn nubs in this team league even though im diamond skill


We will do everything to make sure that won't happen.


And how would you go about doing this honestly? I could play just above bronze but below silver.


Well, personally not in it, but I would be able to spot a player above gold level instantly, tbh.
Anyone who has played this game for some time would know. Just an example, Major as I think the guy is mostly known under that ID, tried to go into a SEA only tournament, for I think diamond players or some, where moonglade was casting. He spotted that this person was way better almost instantly. I almost think the gab in the lower leagues is even bigger tbh, so it shouldn't be no issue to spot for whoever is going to control this league, or atleast I hope so.


Yes but I would think like a bronze, act like a bronze and play like a bronze- just enough to win.


But why would you?
eSports for life.
zergmacro34
Profile Joined March 2012
59 Posts
April 05 2012 20:17 GMT
#188
To pwn noobs? To be an asshat? There are people out there that think like me. Just watch out, one of the bronze players on this application thread might be me :D
Skorbnut
Profile Joined February 2012
United States20 Posts
April 05 2012 20:19 GMT
#189
On April 06 2012 05:17 zergmacro34 wrote:
To pwn noobs? To be an asshat? There are people out there that think like me. Just watch out, one of the bronze players on this application thread might be me :D

I'm completely fine playing against people better than me. There's no incentive for me to care a ton about winning, other than to be credit to team. So troll all you want, not gonna matter too much.
PAYBACKSkorb - More gg, More skill. Line 'em up.
WarEagle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States130 Posts
April 05 2012 20:27 GMT
#190
You also have to think about the fact that you will be on a team, practicing with them and such. Surely they would figure it out and kick you from the team, or at the very least not let you on the roster for the league.
zergmacro34
Profile Joined March 2012
59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 20:31:20
April 05 2012 20:28 GMT
#191
On April 06 2012 05:19 Skorbnut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 05:17 zergmacro34 wrote:
To pwn noobs? To be an asshat? There are people out there that think like me. Just watch out, one of the bronze players on this application thread might be me :D

I'm completely fine playing against people better than me. There's no incentive for me to care a ton about winning, other than to be credit to team. So troll all you want, not gonna matter too much.


Are you in bronze?

On April 06 2012 05:27 WarEagle wrote:
You also have to think about the fact that you will be on a team, practicing with them and such. Surely they would figure it out and kick you from the team, or at the very least not let you on the roster for the league.


Actually i could still pretend through that.

"Whats a 10 pool?"
"Just build stuff"
"O well, its about having fun :D"
"O crap my base is mined out time to expand"

You know what people do in hardcore d2? They make friends with people for like 2 months then stab each other in the back. I don't do that I've just heard stories.
Skorbnut
Profile Joined February 2012
United States20 Posts
April 05 2012 20:32 GMT
#192
On April 06 2012 05:28 zergmacro34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 05:19 Skorbnut wrote:
On April 06 2012 05:17 zergmacro34 wrote:
To pwn noobs? To be an asshat? There are people out there that think like me. Just watch out, one of the bronze players on this application thread might be me :D

I'm completely fine playing against people better than me. There's no incentive for me to care a ton about winning, other than to be credit to team. So troll all you want, not gonna matter too much.


Are you in bronze?



No. My point still stands though. If a diamond player were to masquerade as being a gold player, I'd still be cool with it.
PAYBACKSkorb - More gg, More skill. Line 'em up.
MaximusT
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States126 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 20:48:57
April 05 2012 20:48 GMT
#193
On April 05 2012 12:25 BlueBoxSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:21 AHMED1234 wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:11 Dasende wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:10 Smooch wrote:
Well then looks like the first order of Business is to organize teams :D


Indeed, the only problem is... if we want at least 8 teams with at LEAST 1 bronze in it. We only have 3 signed up, so that is the limiting factor at this point.


well I could get a couple of my bronzie friends to play, and wouldn't high bronze be the same level as low/mid silver?


MAJOR UPDATE:

Hey guys, right now, me and Dasende are bumping around the idea of having this be a league where Silvers/Golds actively play while Bronzes aspire to compete and Plats+ help players improve. =)

Ok, so in order to play we have to get bumped to silver? or like the bronzies play each other to get put on a team? Where the top however many get placed? If it's the latter that's cool. If it's the former, I gotta hit the ladder.

EDIT: Apologies if this was already discussed, I didn't read pages 7-end of comments.
I like the building position. Optimized to let the other player penetrate his anal crevice as easily as possible, it's good. - Destiny
Dasende
Profile Joined August 2010
United States864 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 20:54:14
April 05 2012 20:53 GMT
#194
On April 06 2012 05:48 MaximusT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:25 BlueBoxSC wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:21 AHMED1234 wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:11 Dasende wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:10 Smooch wrote:
Well then looks like the first order of Business is to organize teams :D


Indeed, the only problem is... if we want at least 8 teams with at LEAST 1 bronze in it. We only have 3 signed up, so that is the limiting factor at this point.


well I could get a couple of my bronzie friends to play, and wouldn't high bronze be the same level as low/mid silver?


MAJOR UPDATE:

Hey guys, right now, me and Dasende are bumping around the idea of having this be a league where Silvers/Golds actively play while Bronzes aspire to compete and Plats+ help players improve. =)

Ok, so in order to play we have to get bumped to silver? or like the bronzies play each other to get put on a team? Where the top however many get placed? If it's the latter that's cool. If it's the former, I gotta hit the ladder.

EDIT: Apologies if this was already discussed, I didn't read pages 7-end of comments.


The idea was discarded, it will stay as it was originally discussed. 1 Bronze, 2 Silver, 2 Golds as a 5 man fielded team with 3 backups ideally.
[SC2: Dasende.347] [@Dasende8702] [HS/Heroes: Dasende#1376] Founder of ChoboTeamLeague
birchman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden393 Posts
April 05 2012 20:53 GMT
#195
This sounds great, I'd be up for this!

birchman (562)
Silver
Terran

On European servers.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
LosZergs
Profile Joined August 2011
United States100 Posts
April 05 2012 21:01 GMT
#196
im really looking forward to this
spam F!
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
April 05 2012 21:04 GMT
#197
On April 06 2012 05:28 zergmacro34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 05:19 Skorbnut wrote:
On April 06 2012 05:17 zergmacro34 wrote:
To pwn noobs? To be an asshat? There are people out there that think like me. Just watch out, one of the bronze players on this application thread might be me :D

I'm completely fine playing against people better than me. There's no incentive for me to care a ton about winning, other than to be credit to team. So troll all you want, not gonna matter too much.


Are you in bronze?

Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 05:27 WarEagle wrote:
You also have to think about the fact that you will be on a team, practicing with them and such. Surely they would figure it out and kick you from the team, or at the very least not let you on the roster for the league.


Actually i could still pretend through that.

"Whats a 10 pool?"
"Just build stuff"
"O well, its about having fun :D"
"O crap my base is mined out time to expand"

You know what people do in hardcore d2? They make friends with people for like 2 months then stab each other in the back. I don't do that I've just heard stories.


I actually think there are far fewer assholes like yourself than you imagine. Whatever, have fun trolling because 0 people will care.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Dasende
Profile Joined August 2010
United States864 Posts
April 05 2012 21:05 GMT
#198
On April 06 2012 06:01 LosZergs wrote:
im really looking forward to this


Most of us are, my Zerg friend. (Yes, I remember you are in fact a Protoss player. :p)
[SC2: Dasende.347] [@Dasende8702] [HS/Heroes: Dasende#1376] Founder of ChoboTeamLeague
Volamel
Profile Joined September 2011
United States52 Posts
April 05 2012 21:06 GMT
#199
If anyone wants to get some practice sessions in lemme know!
NA Volamel 757
TLAdapt
Profile Joined April 2012
United States22 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 21:16:46
April 05 2012 21:15 GMT
#200
Adapt 881
Gold
Zerg
NA Server

This is great, I can't wait for this! This will make StarCraft 2 more of a joy to play!
Learn to Adapt to Your Situation.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.