• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9658 users

Favorite beer - Page 28

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
May 16 2011 07:50 GMT
#541
Haha this may sound really wierd, but is there a beer that doesn't taste so beer-ish? I've tried some "standard" beer and I just can't stand the taste of it. Beer may not be for me, but surely there must be something out there with an different and unique taste that I maybe would enjoy drinking?
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
May 16 2011 08:02 GMT
#542
On May 16 2011 16:50 Termit wrote:
Haha this may sound really wierd, but is there a beer that doesn't taste so beer-ish? I've tried some "standard" beer and I just can't stand the taste of it. Beer may not be for me, but surely there must be something out there with an different and unique taste that I maybe would enjoy drinking?

I tried a few strange beers although they may not be available in Sweden.
'Mango Beer' brewed from magoes , was good but one was enough i didn't think like i would drink 5 pints of it.
'Beez Neez' Beer with honey aftertaste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
gardinho
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany368 Posts
May 16 2011 08:09 GMT
#543
[image loading]

and

[image loading]

both local brewerys from southern germany
Voros
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States222 Posts
May 16 2011 08:20 GMT
#544
On April 26 2011 13:30 Ayrie wrote:
At 7 - 10$ a bottle, this Trappiste beer is solely for the unique experience and not something you'd causally drink. It's far too strong and flavorful for that anyways. It's overwhelming, rich, and intensely satisfying. Bev-Mo sometimes carries these.
[image loading]



I've found that any time you see "Trappist" on the label, you're in for a well-made beer. I think I've developed allergies to the most popular yeasts used in Trappist ales over the past few years, though, so I've had to severely reduce my consumption of such, including the ever-popular Chimay, which used to be a camping staple for me.

On topic, I picked up a six pack of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' tonight. Despite its precious name, it's a floral, well-made IPA that I'd not seen in SoCal prior to this past week. Not quite on par with Pliny the Elder, but what is?

For American college-age students or those with little to no experience with serious beer, I'd recommend starting with non-terrible mainstream ales and lagers like Sam Adams or Yuengling and then gradually expanding from there into middle-of-the-road porters and pale ales before going into ambitious stuff like imperial stouts and barley wines. Don't be too ambitious at first, but allow your tastes to develop over time--you don't have anyone to impress but yourself.
naggerNZ
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand708 Posts
May 16 2011 08:54 GMT
#545
On May 16 2011 16:50 Termit wrote:
Haha this may sound really wierd, but is there a beer that doesn't taste so beer-ish? I've tried some "standard" beer and I just can't stand the taste of it. Beer may not be for me, but surely there must be something out there with an different and unique taste that I maybe would enjoy drinking?


Radlers.
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
May 16 2011 09:07 GMT
#546
The beer i get when i just want to get drunk
[image loading]
The beer i get when i want to reward myself
[image loading]
"!@€#" - as some guy said
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
May 16 2011 09:07 GMT
#547
On May 16 2011 16:50 Termit wrote:
Haha this may sound really wierd, but is there a beer that doesn't taste so beer-ish? I've tried some "standard" beer and I just can't stand the taste of it. Beer may not be for me, but surely there must be something out there with an different and unique taste that I maybe would enjoy drinking?

Any Belgian (or otherwise) kriek.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriek
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
May 16 2011 09:11 GMT
#548
At the moment, I'd say Innis & Gun. So much taste, so good.

Other beers I like are Asahi black (which is piss hard to find outside of japan obviously), Samuel Adams Honey Porter and Weihenstephan.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
May 16 2011 09:20 GMT
#549
On April 26 2011 13:30 Ayrie wrote:
At 7 - 10$ a bottle, this Trappiste beer is solely for the unique experience and not something you'd causally drink. It's far too strong and flavorful for that anyways. It's overwhelming, rich, and intensely satisfying. Bev-Mo sometimes carries these.
[image loading]


Lol at those prices. I feel for you people on the wrong side of the atlantic! Not only is your own beer (the mass produce... there's good microbreweries) crap, but the good beer is stupidly overpriced.

In Spain you won't pay more than 2 euros per bottle in the shop. In Belgium... well, about 1. If you go to a bar you'll probably pay 4 euros for a bottle of Belgian beer (and in Belgium 2,50-3 euros).

In my opinion: best lager is Pilsner Urquell and best beer in general depends alot on the mood I'm in, but Weihenstephaner (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731) is good for a hot summer day, while Kasteel Tripel is probably my favourite stronger beer (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/212/44892).
Another nice beer for general occasions is La Chouffe (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/321/1836).
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
May 16 2011 09:32 GMT
#550
In no order:
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
May 16 2011 10:17 GMT
#551
Any that is cold, and i drink in company of friends or a girl i like/love.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
459
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden69 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-16 10:37:31
May 16 2011 10:36 GMT
#552
[image loading][image loading]
A nice dark stout is allways nice. the two in the pictures are excelent. I love the rich taste in stout.

If you want a drinkable lager:
[image loading]
Scrap station was the best map in SC2 history!
aDd3z
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany885 Posts
May 16 2011 10:44 GMT
#553
heineken and guiness are awesome
Cj Entus | Effort | Prime | MarineKing | mouz | HasuObs
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-16 10:51:42
May 16 2011 10:49 GMT
#554
Weihenstephaner Dopplebock which is only served at like 4 pubs in the world

And Weihenstephaner Augustine Tap 6; I recommend this for anyone who lives in sweden, go to systembolaget and buy yourself a Weistephaner Augustine and just try it. Quite cheap per alcohol/volume and great fucking taste... best buy beer I know and I've tasted over 300 beers and counting (they know my name at belgobar and monk's cafe which are the big beer pubs in stockholm. Been a beer fantast since 18 year age)
Strangely I can't find a single picture of the beer in question, not even on their site...

Either than that I recommend weihenstephaner as a best buy, price AND taste, out there. Yeah there are more tasting and better beers such as the Prestige lines of beers but they cost an metric anus ton of money.

Chimey Blue is also a great beer, in that regard any Trappist beer is fucking great (except Orval, it tastes like sour ass)




ALSO:

Anyone who recommends Heiniken/Pripps Blue/Falcon/all those shitty lager beers; Yeah they're good for getting drunk and partying but seriously treat yourself to some awesome beer and go out and taste shit... if you've seriously tasted 50+ beers and still think heiniken is good then I'll be damned but I haven't met anyone who does. There's great lagers out there aswell.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
May 16 2011 10:52 GMT
#555
On May 16 2011 15:37 iTzAnglory wrote:
Huh when I saw this thread I had a feeling a lot of people were going to troll with Jinro, mines is probably Samuel Adams.
[image loading]

The best ones from Sam Adams are:
[image loading]
[image loading]
Kar98
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia924 Posts
May 16 2011 14:19 GMT
#556
On April 26 2011 13:35 fearus wrote:
[image loading]

VB really? They must serve some real trash in China for you to call VB your favourite beer :/
pedrotrv
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil117 Posts
May 16 2011 14:32 GMT
#557
On May 16 2011 18:20 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 13:30 Ayrie wrote:
At 7 - 10$ a bottle, this Trappiste beer is solely for the unique experience and not something you'd causally drink. It's far too strong and flavorful for that anyways. It's overwhelming, rich, and intensely satisfying. Bev-Mo sometimes carries these.
[image loading]


Lol at those prices. I feel for you people on the wrong side of the atlantic! Not only is your own beer (the mass produce... there's good microbreweries) crap, but the good beer is stupidly overpriced.

In Spain you won't pay more than 2 euros per bottle in the shop. In Belgium... well, about 1. If you go to a bar you'll probably pay 4 euros for a bottle of Belgian beer (and in Belgium 2,50-3 euros).

In my opinion: best lager is Pilsner Urquell and best beer in general depends alot on the mood I'm in, but Weihenstephaner (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731) is good for a hot summer day, while Kasteel Tripel is probably my favourite stronger beer (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/212/44892).
Another nice beer for general occasions is La Chouffe (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/321/1836).


In Brasil you have to pay R$ 20,00 for Rochefort 8 and about R$ 30,00 for Rochefort 10. I wish I lived in Europe, I love beer.

My favorite
[image loading]

I live in one of the hottest cities in Brasil, and Hoegaarden is so refreshing.
woot.
Thall
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Switzerland214 Posts
May 16 2011 14:40 GMT
#558
[image loading]
This strategy is made of balls ! - Nick "Tasteless" Plott, during GSL cast
reddog1999
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
May 16 2011 14:40 GMT
#559
Jealous of all those yummy looking euro beers, here in colorado we have tons of micro brews that are pretty good, but my fav, and my home town favoraite would be Fat Tire. In my opnion it might be one of the best.

[image loading]
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
May 16 2011 14:41 GMT
#560
Since i'm from bremen ofcourse:

[image loading]
Has anyone else noticed that beck's is tasting different in the states/canada compared to europe? I guess it is because of different water? and the imported ones are soo expansive in canada :/

Some other good locals:

[image loading]

[image loading]


and one of my favorites. it's house brewed in just one location in bremen's center

[image loading]
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1092
WardiTV452
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 15269
StarCastTV_EN424
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko451
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 20460
Bisu 5667
Jaedong 4906
EffOrt 1441
BeSt 859
ZerO 641
Horang2 457
Pusan 359
actioN 324
Zeus 266
[ Show more ]
Larva 183
Hyun 148
Mind 143
Barracks 125
ggaemo 97
Killer 57
scan(afreeca) 45
Sharp 43
ToSsGirL 41
Sea.KH 36
Snow 35
Bale 34
Shinee 34
NotJumperer 33
Terrorterran 21
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 18
zelot 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Dendi1020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1421
byalli740
markeloff87
Other Games
crisheroes314
Pyrionflax194
DeMusliM172
B2W.Neo141
dupreeh114
Mew2King64
Livibee44
QueenE40
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV636
League of Legends
• Jankos1288
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 1m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.