I am starting a regular NA Pro League series that mirrors the Korean style 4v4 team battles. There are three tiers of events:
- Major Pro League - Premier event streamed biweekly to Artosis's channel on Sundays at 5pm PST with prize pool for winning team
- Minor Pro League - Friendly events played roughly ~weekly on Fridays at 5pm PST (tentative) with no prize pool. Usually streamed to JY, Gypsy channel
- K-League - Friendly events for lower-tier players roughly ~weekly on Saturdays at 5pm PST (tentative) with no prize pool
Upcoming Kick-Off Event
Tier: Major Pro League
Date & Time: Sunday, 5pm PST
Stream: Artosis, Jaeyun
Players: Artosis, Gypsy, BoA, StRyKeR, Hawk, Jaeyun, Cavapoo, DragOn
Prize Pool: Matcherino (please support!)
The purpose of the NA Pro League is to have fun and foster competition on a weekly basis. Three tiers of events are designed to incentivize players to players to participate and climb towards the Majors. The overall series will continue for as long as we have funding.
We are using Braacket to track the internal ELO ranking. The ladders will be separated by Pro League and K-League.
Player Selection Criteria
Initial placement into Pro League vs. K-League will be an imperfect and impartial process based on others' perception of your skill, although your current MMR should be clear signal. The top consistent performers will be eligible to participate in Pro Leagues over time.
- Major Pro Leagues will prioritize slots by highest ELO (assuming you have at least 1 event played)
- Minor Pro Leagues will prioritize by lowest ELO or new participants to give players a chance to build history and climb their ELO
- K-Leagues will be a more informal process run by Zen
If you are in NA and would like to participate, please message Jaeyun if you are consistently 2200+ and Zen if you are consistently 1900+. The system will not be strict. Strong and well-known players may be in2vited into any event with majority consensus from the existing group. Alternatively, if you are BM or difficult to deal with, you will be removed.
The team battle will be 4v4 (or 3v3 if lack of players). Team selection will be captain's pick (by top 2 ELO) for Majors. Each teams will battle in a BO3 format with 3 distinct events:
1. Pro League Format - Map order is pre-selected and released. Player matchups are randomized. Ace match is played if there is a tie. Each match is BO1
2. Winner's League Format - First map is randomized and released. Both teams independently select their first player. Winning player stays and losing team selects next player and map. Continue until last man standing. Each match is BO1. Losers are knocked out
3. Super Ace (if necessary) - Map is randomized and released. Player with most wins (in the current event) advances to represent each team (else, randomize) in a final BO1.
Maps: Dark Origin, Retro, Polypoid, Invader, Apocalypse, La Campanella, Tempest
Only the Major Pro League will have a prize-pool pay-out. We will raise funds via donation and will continue playing for as long as we have funding. Each Major event will compute a prize pool equal to the total fund divided by three, so as to have enough "runway" to fund at least two more events in the future. However, the minimum payout is $100.
If we cannot raise funds, we will close down the event so please consider donating for support! Shout out to SuGo who graciously donated $200 to kick things off, and MyFleetingDream ($300) / Doodle ($50)!