• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9297 users

[ASL5] Ro16 Group A - Page 10

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 01 2018 17:31 GMT
#181
Mind Mind Mind! <3
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
TaardadAiel
Profile Joined May 2017
Bulgaria750 Posts
April 01 2018 19:49 GMT
#182
Those were some funny games. The mappool and Shine in the group certainly did help.

Game one was usual Flash dominance. Transistor is a pretty volatile map and there's not an option for an even map split, so assuming control with intelligent vulture aggression and good tank placement to expand behind seemed logical. The starting locations put the game on a timer in a sense - both players having to expand towards the 9 o'clock to "slice" a larger piece of the map. Flash having a later +1 is especially telling of the importance of earlier map control in an already positional matchup. And when you're Flash and you have more bases, you just win.

Game two was the most boring of the series in my opinion. Both players scouted each other early and Shine had all the advantage to break with his lings in pre-muta timing.

Game three was funny as hell and I'd like to watch it again to appreciate some of the finer points on both players' builds. Was Shine aware that Flash would go for earlier speed? It would be logical to play the more defensive game (i.e. researching mines first) in a scenario where you have little to no information on what Z is doing, you basically cannot harass up the tiny ramp into the main. He did go for more vultures earlier than I expected, but I couldn't follow his build closely enough; I expected the earliest wraith possible for an uncontested scout. Even with wraith/vulture, I thought the rush was pretty holdable even with a later scout(that SCV was hilarious and was a huge blunder by Shine IMO) - wraith snipes the overlord, mines are used to defend. I think we can safely assume Shine tailored the build specifically against Flash's variation of the 1-1-1, usual unit numbers and timings considered, so I suppose he had a backup plan in case Flash went mine first. Were the lings going to be used for sweeping? I hope someone can elaborate.

Game four was possibly the most entertaining game of the night, possibly courtesy of Mind's failed wraith micro when he needed it the most (vs the guardians in the initial push on MisO's natural). I fully agree defilers would have been a much, much more reasonable choice , particularly on that map - the tiny ramps to the mains are a defiler's wet dream. Double expanding in the third world, also, seemed a bit too greedy to me and allowed the push in the natural in the first place - you've already forced T into two starports, they enable him to harass the third world more easily unless you get definite air superiority, so why would you also enable T to push the natural by spending on an additional expansion, not to mention forgoing defilers entirely? It's like forcing yourself into an unfavorable position, please correct me if I'm wrong in my assessment.

Game five was fun too, the slow lurker drop was a cute idea, but I have to wonder about the predictability of an attack coming this way. Mind had already sent a marine to scout for some reason, maybe he got wind of it (he's playing vs Shine after all!), maybe something else happened that I didn't appreciate, but I feel the better idea is to keep T honest with mutas - it's a 3 rax build, so he doesn't have as many marines - to make for a harder to defend drop. Sure, the early bio push at Shine's natural delayed him, losing mutas, drones and having to make sunkens, but he regained map presence with mutas shortly enough.

All in all nothing unexpected and I'm very happy that both terrans survived the group -being a terran player myself and as I said earlier, less zergs in Ro8 equals less ZvZ potential. I hope for a pretty even split between P and Z in the later groups, since PvP is not the prettiest sight either, though the new maps make for fun games. (Sky vs Shuttle was pure entertainment).
WriterReV hwaiting!
Race Bannon
Profile Blog Joined February 2016
689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-01 22:39:29
April 01 2018 20:17 GMT
#183
See post #187
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KqEaAHqYkig Original Message From Tumblewood: dear god
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-01 20:26:33
April 01 2018 20:25 GMT
#184
On April 02 2018 02:16 PVJ wrote:
I also don't think the harsh comments here are warranted. This was the first I heard about NoregreT but I thought past certain mistakes they made a good number of correct calls, analysing the "sandwiching", ZvZ openers, then zerg positions vs scouting, how MisO expanded, Shine going Spire. It wasn't bad at all for a first cast. I was more baffled by calling Mind Flash all game than by any mistake or lack-of-a-good-call resulting from no knowledge. I think there's no problem with being curious, open enough to ask questions, share your thoughts on how and what your understanding of the game is. I think those are great and I hope he took the experience positively and perhaps got hooked on the game a lot more than before.

This is all very subjective and usually not much constructive criticism can be found in the threads which I usually find a bit sad. I believe being a fan of the game shouldn't be intimidating to those who know less.

They are great casters, but the issue is every transition from SC2 caster makes the same bw to sc2 comparisons all other sc2 casters made in the past. It was fun the first times rapid, tastlesss, artosis, and tastlesss all made the same comparisons as they returned/started new. I think toning back comparison talk just needs to be something for new SC2 casters to keep in mind. -This comment is coming from a person who watches GSL.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
April 01 2018 20:35 GMT
#185
On April 02 2018 02:16 PVJ wrote:
I also don't think the harsh comments here are warranted. This was the first I heard about NoregreT but I thought past certain mistakes they made a good number of correct calls, analysing the "sandwiching", ZvZ openers, then zerg positions vs scouting, how MisO expanded, Shine going Spire. It wasn't bad at all for a first cast. I was more baffled by calling Mind Flash all game than by any mistake or lack-of-a-good-call resulting from no knowledge. I think there's no problem with being curious, open enough to ask questions, share your thoughts on how and what your understanding of the game is. I think those are great and I hope he took the experience positively and perhaps got hooked on the game a lot more than before.

This is all very subjective and usually not much constructive criticism can be found in the threads which I usually find a bit sad. I believe being a fan of the game shouldn't be intimidating to those who know less.


I don't have a problem getting in a lesser experienced caster in a pinch if they know their role, I was more surprised by Rapids mistakes in game 1, saying they are both doing the same opener. Then talking about Mind's scout looking for a place to put a proxy fac? Mind still did not have a gas at this point. Then talking about opening with a fd? I muted the vod after that so idk but that is an extremely poor sample of knowledge from a guy who I know follows BW to some extent. Agreed on having a less experienced person there is fine if they know which questions to ask

I generally don't care for any English casters though so no loss to me, and like I said I know they were in a pinch with tastosis ot

Happy both Terrans got through to ro8 but kinda sad at the same time that Shine is out, always love to see his unorthodox play. Really never thought I would say that, used to hate him with a passion in the Kespa days haha.

Just curious, are the Korean vods only up on afreeca or do they have a separate youtube channel?
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
Xeln4g4
Profile Joined January 2005
Italy1209 Posts
April 01 2018 22:28 GMT
#186
4 ppl voted not to watch losers match? Seriously???? Losers match is wonderful game DO NOT MISS IT! Maybe not technically perfect, but totally entertaining!
Race Bannon
Profile Blog Joined February 2016
689 Posts
April 01 2018 22:37 GMT
#187


Mind and FlaSh killing it
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KqEaAHqYkig Original Message From Tumblewood: dear god
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
April 01 2018 23:00 GMT
#188
This semi island map looks very fun.
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
April 01 2018 23:19 GMT
#189
5/5 on the preview IM INSANEEEEE
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
April 01 2018 23:39 GMT
#190
for the last game, shine's defilers were so late that it costed him the game. Really liked the 2 firebats to delay the third, it did manage to do a lot of damage just with this two units
BW is back
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 02 2018 07:50 GMT
#191
Glad that both Flash and Mind made it. Sad that there's no Shine though. I think people should give more credit to Mind in that first game. He bounced back decently well after that first vulture attack and even took an earlier third+supply lead. He had another good engagement but then he fumbled and lost most of his army which allowed Flash the opportunity to push and well, it snowballed from there.

Reminds me of that crossing field game last ASL where Mind had a faster fourth and a supply lead then he fumbled an engagement (half his army went to the low ground lol) so he lost it while Flash lost like a tank or two at best. Flash pushed, stopped the fourth and took him own gg.

Mind's play was a bit sloppy I feel, especially on third world. He did have great timing with the attack but his wraiths ate more scourge than they should've I feel. Still, that was a really close and entertaining battle and Miso almost held too. If he just survived, his 4 gas with ultras would've overwhelmed Mind soon. His game vs Shine was better. Still some mistakes like him having a large group of marines just sitting on the side while the mutas killed workers but maybe there's something I missed.

On April 01 2018 20:49 hasuprotoss wrote:
Shine's attempt of a slow lurker drop are killed off because Mind's marines were already over in his main to protect against mutas. Either way, the mutas got a good number of free kills on the marines and are now doing a fair bit of damage.

Mind actually sniffed it out, both with that marine scout and he said in the post-game interview that he had a feeling that it was coming. His scan that also caught the incoming backstab and stopped it was great!

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ajmbek
Profile Joined November 2008
Italy460 Posts
April 02 2018 12:12 GMT
#192
really really bad casters
Sic iter ad astra
Kuks
Profile Joined March 2018
43 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-02 12:32:07
April 02 2018 12:31 GMT
#193
I liked the SCII caster. He made intellegent observations and asked good questions. Would not mind having him cast again.
Rapid had some trouble though.
Alpha-NP-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1242 Posts
April 02 2018 13:25 GMT
#194
Miso's game where he has 4 bases and gets trounced by a 2base Mind makes me hate the Terran race.
Kuks
Profile Joined March 2018
43 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-02 14:08:06
April 02 2018 14:05 GMT
#195
On April 02 2018 22:25 Alpha-NP- wrote:
Miso's game where he has 4 bases and gets trounced by a 2base Mind makes me hate the Terran race.


Miso just played badly. Scouts 1-1-1 and mass Terran air, doesn't build a single spore colony. If he one spore at this central expansion it would not have died to wraths. If he had one spore at his natural his guardians would have stayed alive much longer and won the game.
Don't be confused by Minds terrible wrath micro, that many scourge connections should have never happened. Miso did a terrible job at countering air.
Miso also didn't make a nydus network. His fifth fell to like 6 marines, he played badly.
Skipping Defiler tech was the second biggest failure Miso made, first being no spores.
Miso basically fumbled at the 1 yard line.
Also you are talking about a game between the 2nd best Terran and the worst Zerg. I think Miso has a lot of potential but needs more time to reach it.
Arvendilin
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany1878 Posts
April 02 2018 15:20 GMT
#196
On April 02 2018 05:25 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2018 02:16 PVJ wrote:
I also don't think the harsh comments here are warranted. This was the first I heard about NoregreT but I thought past certain mistakes they made a good number of correct calls, analysing the "sandwiching", ZvZ openers, then zerg positions vs scouting, how MisO expanded, Shine going Spire. It wasn't bad at all for a first cast. I was more baffled by calling Mind Flash all game than by any mistake or lack-of-a-good-call resulting from no knowledge. I think there's no problem with being curious, open enough to ask questions, share your thoughts on how and what your understanding of the game is. I think those are great and I hope he took the experience positively and perhaps got hooked on the game a lot more than before.

This is all very subjective and usually not much constructive criticism can be found in the threads which I usually find a bit sad. I believe being a fan of the game shouldn't be intimidating to those who know less.

They are great casters, but the issue is every transition from SC2 caster makes the same bw to sc2 comparisons all other sc2 casters made in the past. It was fun the first times rapid, tastlesss, artosis, and tastlesss all made the same comparisons as they returned/started new. I think toning back comparison talk just needs to be something for new SC2 casters to keep in mind. -This comment is coming from a person who watches GSL.

I think it is fine for NoRegreT to do this, seeing how he is a SC2 pro, and can analyze the game through the lense of that.

The problem to me rather is all the other casters doing it, that are not in that position, and due to their past could be able to explain and expand on BW stuff without referencing other games.
My heroes: Jangbi, Bisu, Stork and BeSt for BW, Rain, Zest and Stats for SC2! Need a better Signature tbh...
noname_
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
469 Posts
April 02 2018 23:59 GMT
#197
When did become a trend to not gg back? It lreally ooks like an asshole behaviour.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
April 03 2018 00:17 GMT
#198
1 Base Lurker? Please Shine, I know you are not a good macro player but please don't copy Kwanro.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7055 Posts
April 03 2018 00:52 GMT
#199
On April 03 2018 08:59 noname_ wrote:
When did become a trend to not gg back? It lreally ooks like an asshole behaviour.

is just that usually when you loss and type gg u are pressing alt q very fast so in most of cases you are the missing the gg anyway.
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
April 03 2018 03:11 GMT
#200
TE SA GI
TE SA GI

bwahahahahaha
Что?
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings104
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 246
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10975
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1149
NeuroSwarm188
febbydoto27
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
JimRising 694
Counter-Strike
taco 141
minikerr52
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox927
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g10043
Maynarde219
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 195
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo551
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 24m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.