BWAPI mini Tour 1
Update 7 July: Ro32 changed to Ro16. Tournament now starts at 11:30 AM CEST. New method for signing up a bot.
Update #2: Channel name for this tournament is: BWAPI
Now that I have permission from ICCUP.face, I can start organizing the BWAPI mini tour.
This tournament is created to let the bot developers test their bot(s) in a tournament setting, which will be useful for those that are going to participate in the next CIG StarCraft AI competition. The format is going to be a Ro16 Bo1 double elimination with a Bo3 Finals. All games will be played on Fighting Spirit.
In this tournament, both human players and bots are allowed to sign on. I reserved 6 spots for bot developers.
The tournament will be held at 11 July 2015. The tournament starts at 11:30 (AM) CEST. Because some bot developers cannot be available at that time due to time-zones, I am going to operate three bots alongside my own bot. This service is first come, first served for all bot developers who cannot be online at the given time due to time-zones.
There is no rank requirement for both bots and human players.
In order to register as a human player, fill in the following template below and post it in this topic or pm it to me:
Maximum ICCUP rank:
Current ICCUP rank:
Race (random is not allowed):
In order to register a bot, send me a pm with the template above if you are going to operate your own bot. Do indicate as well that you are registering a bot.
If you cannot operate your bot due to time constraints and want me to operate your bot, send me a pm with a request to operate your bot. In order to prevent me from abusing the DLL/Java that I receive, we will arrange a match where LetaBot will play 5 games against your bot. The result of these matches will be used in the tournament. After these 5 games you will send me your bot DLL/Java and I will operate it during the tournament.
If you aren't available for such a match, you can send me the DLL/Java and I will immediately start a Bo5 match myself the moment that I download the DLL/Java. Do note that in either way my bot is still in development. So my bot will play differently in the bot match that in the actual comeptition.
Sending a DLL is still possible till Friday 10 July 23:00 CEST, but playing games on ICCUP beforehand isn't anymore.
Update 7 July: dropped the D+ or lower requirement vs bots. Now low rank will be based on the ranking of the players in the tournament.
At the start of the Ro16, each bot will be paired with a low ranked player due to the low play level of most bots. Higher ranked players will be seeded based on when they sign up.
I currently have a paysafe card of €25 and a paysafe card of €10 available for the first place and second place respectively. Both bot developers and human players are eligible for this prize money.
The initial seeding will be available at the team liquid wiki: BWAPI mini Tour 1
If it is possible, I will use the defiler.ru tournament system for this tournament.
- No race picking. You only use the race that you registered with.
- Everyone is allowed to use the observer version of Fighting Spirit, but I would advise bot operators to instead give the replays to the casters. This due to the fact that the high apm can cause lag if an observer is present.
- Bot developers are allowed to let someone other than their-self or me operate their bot. As long as that person is available at 11:30 CEST and can stay for all games that the bot has to play. If the operator has to leave, all further games that the bot has to play are automatically forfeit
- Bot developers are eligible for prize money if their bot wins. Even if they are not operating their own bot.
- Bot operator should not use Anti-hack as it conflicts with the BWAPI. Human players should have AH on the whole tournament, unless somehow it does not work when playing against a BWAPI bot. In that case they can turn it off when playing against a bot.
- BWAPI bots should have the "complete map information" flag set to disabled (by default it is).