• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9560 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 23

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 34 Next All
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 19:21:35
April 12 2012 19:21 GMT
#441
On April 13 2012 04:17 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:52 Zergneedsfood wrote:
@Kiante:

Jealous is fana, yeah. x)


wat? man im getting smurfed like no tomorrow
i didnt know he was fana haha

Hey man don't judge, I'm an exile, I had no choice! I'm not going to register as fanatacist2 and be all like "LAWL PERM BANZ AIN'T SHIET" xD

On April 13 2012 04:17 Nikon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.


Interesting accusations coming from you.

L
O
L
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 19:23 GMT
#442
On April 13 2012 04:14 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:58 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:52 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:44 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.

if anything not participating makes me a neutral observer. all i see is an organiser using their position to leverage an advantage in the tournament. everyone would love to play under a smurf if they could, being able to play people without them drawing on your meta is huge. jealous aka fanatacist (right? or are you a different pbu i forget) said he wanted to play on one but was denied.

sorry if i'm not here sprinkling rose petals everywhere but as an observer of the tournament it makes the competition seem less fair if one person is gaining an unfair advantage that is smurfing while others are denied it despite asking.

as for my own participation, i couldn't commit to a tournament of this length of time due to uni commitments, i simply play when i can, so taking up a ladder spot only to have to forfeit later if i did qualify would be pointless


On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.



Can you do a little research before you jump into something you have no idea about? Am I really an organizer? I have absolutely nothing to do with the organization of this tournament. The only thing I provided here was a sponsorship. Playing on a Smurf didn't give me an advantage, I felt it gave me a level playing field, that's why I ask and was granted it. As stated already, if someone asked and provided a LEGITIMATE reason they would have been granted access. Hell I'm sure if Lumire or Dsyxelic would have been under a smurf no one here would fucking care but because it was me everyone is up in arms about it. Get the fuck over it. I'm Chocolate, I'm playing under that account. I don't see why you're bitching. Please stay out of the tour if you refuse to take part or provide some decent insight.


Level playing field? really? how is it level if you know who you're playing against but they dont know who they're playing against?


You are asshuming that I even play against these players on a daily basis. It's an unfair advantage in their favor if they know I was noise, not only are there VODs of me from GC, but there are multiple replay packs from ISL2 and ISL3 qualifiers. I dont know how you think that's fair at all when I only have the 3-4 games vs Lumire I've played months ago vs him to look back on. Or the one ladder game I play against Dsyxelic. Yea maybe you should do a bit more research before running your mouth like you know what you're talking about.

vods exist of you so therefore you need a smurf?
What if fold had asked for a smurf, he streams alot. so do a ton of the people in this tournament. i'm sure i could go find a heap of fana replays if i wanted to, but he was denied a smurf while you were granted one. are you directly organising the tournament? no, but do you really think the dude running the tour is going to be like "no sponsor, you cant have a smurf".

lol.

not to mention you could literally have a 10 minute conversation with just about anyone who hangs around in op teamliquid to find out the playstyle of people like lumire etc, then use that information to gain an unfair advantage in the games you played against him under your smurf ID on the ladder. Just because you played in a streamed tournament one time doesn't mean you cant have a "fair" game against anyone else. you make it sound like every single person in the tour studied your vods from GC and you are completely ignorant of everyone elses playstyle, which is completely not the case...
Writer
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 19:24 GMT
#443
Hmm... this has really gone too far. Honestly, I don't know how any of you can stand for blatant defamation even if you agree to the point that was brought up. We're not dealing with a murder here, we're not dealing with a case of abuse... Let it go.

Stuff like this has to stop in order for BW to survive, you can't have a solid improvement in the scene if at every turn people try to defame any organization that arises. Regardless of how strong you feel about your point, if you feel strongly about Brood War you wouldn't voice it.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 19:29 GMT
#444
defamation? Lol? how is that even a valid argument. I'm following a thread of a tournament I want to watch, and i see something going on that i dont agree with so i raise it in a public forum? Suddenly this is defamation? I'm not stating anything false to my knowledge, and I think it's important that tournaments have integrity. if we just let bullshit slide because someone is sponsoring then the tournament result because invalid, and it detracts from my own enjoyment of watching it, hence why i'm raising this issue here...on a public forum.

"doing it for Brood War" is exactly what i'm doing. just because proleague is switching to sc2 doesn't mean we suddenly have to accept sillyness. if anything, we need to fight against it. once tournaments get compromised by biased treatment of players based on arbitrary bullshit like "i played in gc so people could go study my playstyle if they wanted to" while others are denied the same right, the issue should at least be raised, rather than calling me out for defamation of character or some bullshit lol.
Writer
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 12 2012 19:30 GMT
#445
On April 13 2012 04:23 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:14 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:58 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:52 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:44 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.

if anything not participating makes me a neutral observer. all i see is an organiser using their position to leverage an advantage in the tournament. everyone would love to play under a smurf if they could, being able to play people without them drawing on your meta is huge. jealous aka fanatacist (right? or are you a different pbu i forget) said he wanted to play on one but was denied.

sorry if i'm not here sprinkling rose petals everywhere but as an observer of the tournament it makes the competition seem less fair if one person is gaining an unfair advantage that is smurfing while others are denied it despite asking.

as for my own participation, i couldn't commit to a tournament of this length of time due to uni commitments, i simply play when i can, so taking up a ladder spot only to have to forfeit later if i did qualify would be pointless


On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.



Can you do a little research before you jump into something you have no idea about? Am I really an organizer? I have absolutely nothing to do with the organization of this tournament. The only thing I provided here was a sponsorship. Playing on a Smurf didn't give me an advantage, I felt it gave me a level playing field, that's why I ask and was granted it. As stated already, if someone asked and provided a LEGITIMATE reason they would have been granted access. Hell I'm sure if Lumire or Dsyxelic would have been under a smurf no one here would fucking care but because it was me everyone is up in arms about it. Get the fuck over it. I'm Chocolate, I'm playing under that account. I don't see why you're bitching. Please stay out of the tour if you refuse to take part or provide some decent insight.


Level playing field? really? how is it level if you know who you're playing against but they dont know who they're playing against?


You are asshuming that I even play against these players on a daily basis. It's an unfair advantage in their favor if they know I was noise, not only are there VODs of me from GC, but there are multiple replay packs from ISL2 and ISL3 qualifiers. I dont know how you think that's fair at all when I only have the 3-4 games vs Lumire I've played months ago vs him to look back on. Or the one ladder game I play against Dsyxelic. Yea maybe you should do a bit more research before running your mouth like you know what you're talking about.

vods exist of you so therefore you need a smurf?
What if fold had asked for a smurf, he streams alot. so do a ton of the people in this tournament. i'm sure i could go find a heap of fana replays if i wanted to, but he was denied a smurf while you were granted one. are you directly organising the tournament? no, but do you really think the dude running the tour is going to be like "no sponsor, you cant have a smurf".

lol.

not to mention you could literally have a 10 minute conversation with just about anyone who hangs around in op teamliquid to find out the playstyle of people like lumire etc, then use that information to gain an unfair advantage in the games you played against him under your smurf ID on the ladder. Just because you played in a streamed tournament one time doesn't mean you cant have a "fair" game against anyone else. you make it sound like every single person in the tour studied your vods from GC and you are completely ignorant of everyone elses playstyle, which is completely not the case...

Not that I particularly needed a smurf, I just wanted one because I like changing names ^^ Plus, ASL.ShitFaced is an awesome name... I was debating on having ASL.WutsUrSign like "age/sex/location? wuts ur sign bby?" xD.

Also, I don't think it's super unfair that he got a smurf because we can download his replays as he participated in the ASL tournaments, I downloaded a few ^^. Obviously it's not the pinnacle of justice either but seriously, I don't think it's that important - the person who seemed to care about it the most is ShotCoder himself, I doubt many others care at all really lol. Maybe krndandaman a little bit because of their recent altercation hahaha xD.

I DO want to brag and say that I have like 100+ replays on repdepot and some of them have been downloaded like 30 times! I'm famous, let me smurf next time! A/S/L BBY?!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 19:38 GMT
#446
On April 13 2012 04:29 Kiante wrote:
defamation? Lol? how is that even a valid argument. I'm following a thread of a tournament I want to watch, and i see something going on that i dont agree with so i raise it in a public forum? Suddenly this is defamation? I'm not stating anything false to my knowledge, and I think it's important that tournaments have integrity. if we just let bullshit slide because someone is sponsoring then the tournament result because invalid, and it detracts from my own enjoyment of watching it, hence why i'm raising this issue here...on a public forum.

"doing it for Brood War" is exactly what i'm doing. just because proleague is switching to sc2 doesn't mean we suddenly have to accept sillyness. if anything, we need to fight against it. once tournaments get compromised by biased treatment of players based on arbitrary bullshit like "i played in gc so people could go study my playstyle if they wanted to" while others are denied the same right, the issue should at least be raised, rather than calling me out for defamation of character or some bullshit lol.

You entirely missed the point, there are 50, perhaps 100, or maybe 1000 people who have ONE issue with an event, if you all voice them, you all say "OH Stupid organization, why you do stuff like this"... How does Brood War survive? Why would an organizer go through that abuse. I defend Shimy because I know how it is to have 5-20 people complain about 10-50 different things every week while you're running a league and if you change to adapt to one of these, you have 5-10 other people who rise up and want to tell you what to do without doing any work for it. And in the end, it all boils down to "that's a stupid proceedure" "stupid decision" "stupid organizer". I mean, look at the first post, you took the most offensive route possible.

On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.


Mocking the organization straight out of the gate... How does this ever help anyone? Oh, if I tell you you're an idiot often enough, you'll become smart. Now look at that logically and see if it makes any sense to you. We're all people here, we all do stuff that's controversial, everyone makes mistakes and everyone makes correct decisions that many think are mistakes.

This is the last thing I have to say because you're either not reading or are incapable of processing the underlying message. You're not helping anyone. You act as though the internet isn't the real world, well news flash... It is. Sure, you can say more things, you can do shit without getting nailed for it, but at the end of the day, if you're trying to make a suggestion and open with an insult, people are going to be like... Get the fuck out of my face.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:55:12
April 12 2012 19:43 GMT
#447
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 19:47:12
April 12 2012 19:45 GMT
#448
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

edit: adding some bold underlined text for emphasis
Writer
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 19:59:47
April 12 2012 19:46 GMT
#449
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:43 Shotcoder wrote:
I'm sorry I smurfed because I thought it gave me a level advantage, and I'm sorry my argument was so convincing to Shimy that he agreed. I'm just conceding because the issue with Kiante isn't smurfing, it's the fact it was I who smurfed.

Nah, Kiante's problem is that he doesn't give a fuck about foreign BW, so he's trolling a newly coming organization with no regret when he should really just be ashamed of himself.


On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:43 Shotcoder wrote:
I'm sorry I smurfed because I thought it gave me a level advantage, and I'm sorry my argument was so convincing to Shimy that he agreed. I'm just conceding because the issue with Kiante isn't smurfing, it's the fact it was I who smurfed.

Nah, Kiante's problem is that he doesn't give a fuck about foreign BW, so he's trolling a newly coming organization with no regret when he should really just be ashamed of himself.

Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 12 2012 19:51 GMT
#450
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 19:58:59
April 12 2012 19:56 GMT
#451
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


edit: to eywa: implying i dont give a shit about foreign broodwar and i'm just trolling is fairly insulting as well. When there wasn't a caster for the ISL group stage i stayed up and casted it just to help out, because i love the game. sure it was like 6am - 9am my time when i should've been sleeping but i did it anyway. i'm not trying to hurt anyone here, just trying to improve things...
Writer
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:55:24
April 12 2012 20:00 GMT
#452
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 12 2012 20:02 GMT
#453
Is there a reason you keep typing "asshuming"? Or do you actually want people to read it "ass humming"?
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 20:04:05
April 12 2012 20:02 GMT
#454
On April 13 2012 05:00 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


Alright then would this be an issue if Kororo, fold, or S2glow smurfed? That's where I'm getting at. you have an ulterior motive that isn't attacking the decision. I mean I guess we could all be strawmen but then who would actually get things done? The guy streaming Gem...ohwait.

You're also asshuming people not named Kiante care.

if they asked and were denied after you were allowed i would have a problem with it. if they were allowed and you were denied i would have a problem with it. tournaments should be fair

also the "nobody else has raised it therefore we shouldn't give a shit" is a terrible argument. you may promote apathy to poor decisions but why is that a good thing?
Writer
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 20:05 GMT
#455
On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


edit: to eywa: implying i dont give a shit about foreign broodwar and i'm just trolling is fairly insulting as well. When there wasn't a caster for the ISL group stage i stayed up and casted it just to help out, because i love the game. sure it was like 6am - 9am my time when i should've been sleeping but i did it anyway. i'm not trying to hurt anyone here, just trying to improve things...

Oh come on dude, you're not fooling anyone, you've openly admitted to trolling and it's blatantly obvious at this point

Bold text to add emphasis
^ How is this not trolling.

Let's be realistic here, you're trolling with no caring about what impact it has on the thread, the event or foreign BW. You know nothing can happen to you because you're a writer for TL and you're hidden behind your computer with miles between you and the next guy. Your trolling was good, you had me up to a couple posts ago, but it's irrelevant because fact is, regardless if you were trolling or not, you were being detrimental to this event and betraying the foreign BW community with your bashing and/or trolling of the organization and it's decisions.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 20:10 GMT
#456
you're the one throwing the bold in directly attacking my intentions. how is that trolling, i'm just pointing out how dumb your own bold text looks. how is trying to improve bw tournament organisation detrimental?

also nothing can happen? i'm sure harem would be happy to ban me if i was actually trolling...but if you step back and actually read what i'm saying instead of getting hyper defensive, you'd realise i'm simply raising a valid point about how this ladder has been run and you could consider fixing or standardising how it works in future events instead of assuming i'm just trying to troll you for a reaction or something...
Writer
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 12 2012 20:10 GMT
#457
On April 13 2012 05:02 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 05:00 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


Alright then would this be an issue if Kororo, fold, or S2glow smurfed? That's where I'm getting at. you have an ulterior motive that isn't attacking the decision. I mean I guess we could all be strawmen but then who would actually get things done? The guy streaming Gem...ohwait.

You're also asshuming people not named Kiante care.

if they asked and were denied after you were allowed i would have a problem with it. if they were allowed and you were denied i would have a problem with it. tournaments should be fair

also the "nobody else has raised it therefore we shouldn't give a shit" is a terrible argument. you may promote apathy to poor decisions but why is that a good thing?

Implications that tournaments should be exclusively white? If so, agreed.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 20:14 GMT
#458
On April 13 2012 05:10 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 05:02 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 05:00 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


Alright then would this be an issue if Kororo, fold, or S2glow smurfed? That's where I'm getting at. you have an ulterior motive that isn't attacking the decision. I mean I guess we could all be strawmen but then who would actually get things done? The guy streaming Gem...ohwait.

You're also asshuming people not named Kiante care.

if they asked and were denied after you were allowed i would have a problem with it. if they were allowed and you were denied i would have a problem with it. tournaments should be fair

also the "nobody else has raised it therefore we shouldn't give a shit" is a terrible argument. you may promote apathy to poor decisions but why is that a good thing?

Implications that tournaments should be exclusively white? If so, agreed.

see eywa this post is a good example of trolling.

mis-interpreting a word to imply that tournaments should be racially segregated = trolling.

suggesting that tournaments dont have double standards in relation to who is awarded a smurf account = a real issue
Writer
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 12 2012 20:15 GMT
#459
On April 13 2012 05:14 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 05:10 Game wrote:
On April 13 2012 05:02 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 05:00 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:56 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:51 Jealous wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:45 Kiante wrote:
I'm mocking the decision not the organisation. I'm still yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a smurf was provided for noise and not jealous considering the parrallels in their situation. Nothing gets improved if everyone just sits back and lets bad things happen. I'd like to think i am helping someone, someone being people in future tournaments, where hopefully the rules about when and how smurfs are provided are clarified and made more equitable for all participants, and not just people pony-ing up the cash.

Honestly I see where you are coming from and agree somewhat, but I don't need you fighting for me or using me as an example because I have no desire to be a martyr or anything... I think you overstate the parallels because I am a scrub and no one needs to see my reps to beat me really xD

Your case is simply an example more than anything here. i'm not trying to champion your cause or anything. I'm just questioning what i see as an unfairness in the competition.


as for shotcoder "conceding" in a passive agressive way to try and imply that i have a problem with him personally, there's not much to say but that's just...wrong. questioning things when I percieve as being unfair and giving my reasoning shouldn't be seen as some personal attack.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

ROBERT HUTCHINS"

Promoting apathy to poor decisions will only serve to hurt broodwar more than help it.


Alright then would this be an issue if Kororo, fold, or S2glow smurfed? That's where I'm getting at. you have an ulterior motive that isn't attacking the decision. I mean I guess we could all be strawmen but then who would actually get things done? The guy streaming Gem...ohwait.

You're also asshuming people not named Kiante care.

if they asked and were denied after you were allowed i would have a problem with it. if they were allowed and you were denied i would have a problem with it. tournaments should be fair

also the "nobody else has raised it therefore we shouldn't give a shit" is a terrible argument. you may promote apathy to poor decisions but why is that a good thing?

Implications that tournaments should be exclusively white? If so, agreed.

see eywa this post is a good example of trolling.

mis-interpreting a word to imply that tournaments should be racially segregated = trolling.

suggesting that tournaments dont have double standards in relation to who is awarded a smurf account = a real issue

Damn, I was hoping that's what you meant.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:34:43
April 12 2012 20:16 GMT
#460
.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem219
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 219
Railgan 87
IndyStarCraft 73
trigger 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54628
Shuttle 7737
BeSt 677
Horang2 484
actioN 299
Larva 255
Sexy 170
ggaemo 146
Soma 141
Mind 111
[ Show more ]
Last 111
Zeus 80
hero 56
Hyun 55
Killer 52
Sea.KH 52
Aegong 50
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 28
PianO 21
Rock 18
NaDa 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4933
qojqva2860
Dendi1474
420jenkins457
Fuzer 120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3546
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1167
Liquid`Hasu791
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1004
B2W.Neo915
Beastyqt668
Mlord462
byalli399
Livibee245
ArmadaUGS215
Hui .189
KnowMe116
QueenE84
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 30
Chillindude23
FrodaN15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick788
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 63
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3132
League of Legends
• Nemesis2843
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.