• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:57
CEST 05:57
KST 12:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9663 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 22

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 34 Next All
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
April 12 2012 14:43 GMT
#421
On April 12 2012 15:06 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 15:05 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Shotcoder. I just love your attitude. Always the sportsman. =)


better than a dodger sir!


I don't know why you always take what I say so negatively. Need to be more open, and friendly minded!
So wait? I'm bad? =(
ZuCrow
Profile Joined September 2011
United States26 Posts
April 12 2012 16:12 GMT
#422
taegukgi and choco... wait what?

good to see we are signing up with our best well known ids.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 16:46 GMT
#423
On April 13 2012 01:12 ZuCrow wrote:
taegukgi and choco... wait what?

good to see we are signing up with our best well known ids.

Taegukgi[gGee] = Lonelyprobe = Jealous


If I'm not mistaken his high rank came on Taegukgi...
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 16:51 GMT
#424
On April 12 2012 23:43 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 15:06 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 12 2012 15:05 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Shotcoder. I just love your attitude. Always the sportsman. =)


better than a dodger sir!


I don't know why you always take what I say so negatively. Need to be more open, and friendly minded!

It's really hard to be open minded and friendly when you're constantly talking down to people, I'm not going to make any assumptions on whether you actually are better than most people because we are separated by many many miles, but don't do so and then expect people to like you. You've spoken to Shotcoder like he's a child in several threads, don't make any comments about how he is because you've been a dick.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 17:38:01
April 12 2012 17:23 GMT
#425
On April 13 2012 01:46 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 01:12 ZuCrow wrote:
taegukgi and choco... wait what?

good to see we are signing up with our best well known ids.

Taegukgi[gGee] = Lonelyprobe = Jealous


If I'm not mistaken his high rank came on Taegukgi...

This is correct. I was told to use my best-known ID, so I figured my highest ranking ID (the one that makes me eligible for this tournament) that was in the best-known clan I've been in was the best option.

http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/TaeGukGi[gGee].html

I didn't think anyone would care or notice because I'm a nooby nobody.

On April 12 2012 23:29 Shimy wrote:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE 2ND POST

EDIT: Cool insight: If the ladder were to end right now, some of our beloveds would not make it! Those include: Lonelyprobe--(Aka Jealous>Aka ASL.TaeGukGi), Dr.Shrinker, Action, Kororo, Zergneedsfood, and Prof.Protoss! Everyone should be on these people nagging them to ladder so they qualify! :D


Lol I am pretty sure you are my only fan, Shimy. I am nipping at the tails of a qualification spot but I also have by far the worst record in that ballpark so I feel that my chances are slim. Like I said before I just want to play a lot of games and get better ^^
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 12 2012 17:46 GMT
#426
I'm really bad at this game. Nobody would want me to qualify. xD

Also, this rule that limits me to playing only ASL players is kind of limiting if only because I play when a lot of people aren't around/afk. :/
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:55:46
April 12 2012 18:04 GMT
#427
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 18:15 GMT
#428
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.
Writer
Prof. Protoss
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany744 Posts
April 12 2012 18:21 GMT
#429
On April 12 2012 23:29 Shimy wrote:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE 2ND POST

The non monetary ladder prize was announced and also, a short interview with our very own Choco-... NOISE!

Guys, just respect the guy He did this because he didn't want to get dodged. He actually wants to play as many games as he can in this ladder. Also, he's a sponsor of this league O_O Without him, none of this would be possible.

EDIT: Cool insight: If the ladder were to end right now, some of our beloveds would not make it! Those include: Lonelyprobe--(Aka Jealous>Aka ASL.TaeGukGi), Dr.Shrinker, Action, Kororo, Zergneedsfood, and Prof.Protoss! Everyone should be on these people nagging them to ladder so they qualify! :D


haha thanks shimy, I feel honored to be on your list.
Sadly I didn't have the time to ladder until now and now I'm sick laying in bed
Maybe I'll be able to ladder hardcore next week. Miracles happen, right?
Don't mess the fess!
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
April 12 2012 18:21 GMT
#430
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.


I know, really.

For this very reason, I want to change my ID to ASL-HazCheezburgr
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 12 2012 18:26 GMT
#431
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 12 2012 18:29 GMT
#432
--- Nuked ---
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 18:44 GMT
#433
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.

if anything not participating makes me a neutral observer. all i see is an organiser using their position to leverage an advantage in the tournament. everyone would love to play under a smurf if they could, being able to play people without them drawing on your meta is huge. jealous aka fanatacist (right? or are you a different pbu i forget) said he wanted to play on one but was denied.

sorry if i'm not here sprinkling rose petals everywhere but as an observer of the tournament it makes the competition seem less fair if one person is gaining an unfair advantage that is smurfing while others are denied it despite asking.

as for my own participation, i couldn't commit to a tournament of this length of time due to uni commitments, i simply play when i can, so taking up a ladder spot only to have to forfeit later if i did qualify would be pointless
Writer
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:56:02
April 12 2012 18:52 GMT
#434
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 18:52:56
April 12 2012 18:52 GMT
#435
@Kiante:

Jealous is fana, yeah. x)
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 12 2012 18:54 GMT
#436
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Every invite of ISL1 and 2 had a smurf. We took retired players who played a similar style to said invites, matched their countries, and made sure they could speak that language. For instance, Heme was Marwin, and I entirely forgot Ace, Sziky's, etc. I think it's perfectly fair to allot such smurfs.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 18:58 GMT
#437
On April 13 2012 03:52 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:44 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.

if anything not participating makes me a neutral observer. all i see is an organiser using their position to leverage an advantage in the tournament. everyone would love to play under a smurf if they could, being able to play people without them drawing on your meta is huge. jealous aka fanatacist (right? or are you a different pbu i forget) said he wanted to play on one but was denied.

sorry if i'm not here sprinkling rose petals everywhere but as an observer of the tournament it makes the competition seem less fair if one person is gaining an unfair advantage that is smurfing while others are denied it despite asking.

as for my own participation, i couldn't commit to a tournament of this length of time due to uni commitments, i simply play when i can, so taking up a ladder spot only to have to forfeit later if i did qualify would be pointless


Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.



Can you do a little research before you jump into something you have no idea about? Am I really an organizer? I have absolutely nothing to do with the organization of this tournament. The only thing I provided here was a sponsorship. Playing on a Smurf didn't give me an advantage, I felt it gave me a level playing field, that's why I ask and was granted it. As stated already, if someone asked and provided a LEGITIMATE reason they would have been granted access. Hell I'm sure if Lumire or Dsyxelic would have been under a smurf no one here would fucking care but because it was me everyone is up in arms about it. Get the fuck over it. I'm Chocolate, I'm playing under that account. I don't see why you're bitching. Please stay out of the tour if you refuse to take part or provide some decent insight.


Level playing field? really? how is it level if you know who you're playing against but they dont know who they're playing against?
Writer
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:56:17
April 12 2012 19:14 GMT
#438
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 12 2012 19:17 GMT
#439
--- Nuked ---
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
April 12 2012 19:17 GMT
#440
On April 13 2012 03:26 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 03:15 Kiante wrote:
but at the same time you denied other people the right to smurf? lol.

Why do you even care? You've not been a part of this even though you could have. You're just making a scene to defame an up and coming organizer, honestly, if there were a smurf, I'm guessing there was a legitimate reason for it and I'm also guessing that other people requested to smurf and were denied. As would happen per usual in any league.

Seriously, I don't see any motive behind your post aside from removing credibility from the organization which is somewhat less than helpful for foreign Brood War.


Interesting accusations coming from you.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 3m
INu's Battles
8h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
Replay Cast
19h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.