• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10130 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 24

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 20:28:46
April 12 2012 20:27 GMT
#461
http://www.dramabutton.com/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you please go back to the event itself rather than what just happened there?
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 12 2012 20:40 GMT
#462
--- Nuked ---
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
April 12 2012 20:48 GMT
#463
Wow you got warned for that? Laugh out loud much? -.-
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
zimp
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary959 Posts
April 12 2012 22:21 GMT
#464
iccup down?
agentzimp
TL+ Member
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 12 2012 23:05 GMT
#465
Was working for me
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
April 13 2012 00:10 GMT
#466
Ok, I'm back from work.

I thought this whole thing was put to rest lol Anyway, I attempted to take in what everyone has had to say and have come up with this.

Kiante, I really respect you and appreciate you for what you do in the BW scene. I disagree how you feel it's an advantage for NoisE to play on a smurf and I fail to see how that is a loss of integrity on my part. I do, however, appreciate your interest in my tournament and hope that this fiasco has not made you turn up your nose to it.

If you wish to question or discuss the matter more, I feel like it's a better choice to directly message me for detailed reasons. If I reply to your question in a way that doesn't satisfy you, then I only see it just to be brought up in a public area such as this. Thank you.

To everyone else: Since people don't see the reason for the smurf, I expect you all not to dodge. I have directly seen dodging and have made note of it. You know who you are. Also, I appreciate Eywa and Game replying and arguing my case, but this is something that Kiante has with me. So if it ever has to do with organization, I ask that you tell the person to PM me or email me

Now that this is all out of the way, let's get to serious matters: Dsyxelic took the #1 spot on the ladder! Congratz to him!
Also, there are now 14 people who are yellow ranks on the ladder! This is awesome! One thing I was hoping to experience in this ladder is the ranking system when only playing against your fellow yellow ranks. I am very pleased to see 37-35 records and 44-29 records. A lot of people forget that they are playing people that they would normally dodge until they get C ranks. The cool thing is that you are forced to play people that you have an equal skill level with and you should not not be discouraged to go on losing streaks or anything like that. Jealous is someone who I envy a lot. He is able to lose some games, bounce back, and win some games. He never gets discouraged because he knows who he's actually playing against - the best yellow ranks. He's not using this tourney as a proving ground, but an improving ground. He's definitely a better player because of it and I respect him because of it :D

Anyway, good luck to you all and let's just leave the smurf thing to PM's! Thanks! Have a wonderful afternoon





Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:05:32
April 13 2012 00:17 GMT
#467
Yo Shimy, you Jealous bro??


JK, thanks Shimy xD I beat Wands today! Even though I lost the next game against him and then 3 more against others, it's a win like that once in a while that keeps me going ^^ Even getting a really close match that I may screw up (like vs. zimp or fold) counts. I second the notion that no one should just give up - everyone should play to get better, not necessarily win (the ladder stage)!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 13 2012 00:21 GMT
#468
--- Nuked ---
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
April 13 2012 00:23 GMT
#469
On April 13 2012 04:29 Kiante wrote:
defamation? Lol? how is that even a valid argument. I'm following a thread of a tournament I want to watch, and i see something going on that i dont agree with so i raise it in a public forum? Suddenly this is defamation? I'm not stating anything false to my knowledge, and I think it's important that tournaments have integrity. if we just let bullshit slide because someone is sponsoring then the tournament result because invalid, and it detracts from my own enjoyment of watching it, hence why i'm raising this issue here...on a public forum.

"doing it for Brood War" is exactly what i'm doing. just because proleague is switching to sc2 doesn't mean we suddenly have to accept sillyness. if anything, we need to fight against it. once tournaments get compromised by biased treatment of players based on arbitrary bullshit like "i played in gc so people could go study my playstyle if they wanted to" while others are denied the same right, the issue should at least be raised, rather than calling me out for defamation of character or some bullshit lol.


Here's how things work here in North America:

Eywa posts something. Someone raises an objection: DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, slander, hurting ESPORTS, your argument is invalid.

You post something. Eywa raises an objection: It is a legitimate concern. Take notes, kids.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 13 2012 00:29 GMT
#470
I won one game. I'm on way to making it to top 28 yo!
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
April 13 2012 00:31 GMT
#471
On April 13 2012 09:29 Zergneedsfood wrote:
I won one game. I'm on way to making it to top 28 yo!


Teach me your ways ;-;
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 13 2012 00:47 GMT
#472
Play Terran. Most OP race yo.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 13 2012 01:06 GMT
#473
Plus just overtook dsyxelic on ladder O:
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 13 2012 01:47 GMT
#474
On April 13 2012 09:21 krndandaman wrote:
Personally idc cause i dont even care to watch reps, not even my own lol.

Not trolling: this is probably the reason you are C rank.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:54:48
April 13 2012 01:53 GMT
#475
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Reclusive
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States88 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:42:03
April 13 2012 01:58 GMT
#476
Someone please come on and play with me.
1 HR left before library close.
My thought on the tournament. So far it's been fun. Too bad we don't all live in the same time zones.
As for the Drama..Zzzzzzzz
Edit: Sadly No one came on and play with me.
What does Happiness mean to you?
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 13 2012 02:22 GMT
#477
On April 13 2012 10:53 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 09:23 ninazerg wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:29 Kiante wrote:
defamation? Lol? how is that even a valid argument. I'm following a thread of a tournament I want to watch, and i see something going on that i dont agree with so i raise it in a public forum? Suddenly this is defamation? I'm not stating anything false to my knowledge, and I think it's important that tournaments have integrity. if we just let bullshit slide because someone is sponsoring then the tournament result because invalid, and it detracts from my own enjoyment of watching it, hence why i'm raising this issue here...on a public forum.

"doing it for Brood War" is exactly what i'm doing. just because proleague is switching to sc2 doesn't mean we suddenly have to accept sillyness. if anything, we need to fight against it. once tournaments get compromised by biased treatment of players based on arbitrary bullshit like "i played in gc so people could go study my playstyle if they wanted to" while others are denied the same right, the issue should at least be raised, rather than calling me out for defamation of character or some bullshit lol.


Here's how things work here in North America:

Eywa posts something. Someone raises an objection: DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, slander, hurting ESPORTS, your argument is invalid.

You post something. Eywa raises an objection: It is a legitimate concern. Take notes, kids.



I have nothing against you nina, but this was a blatant attack on Me by Harem and Kiante on Shimy. It wasn't an issue until they decided to make it one. So I don't understand why 2-3 people are so butt hurt about it. Especially one person who has little to no connection to the Foreign Scene and one who has essentially given up on the ladder.


I'm sorry but what the fuck are you on about noise? At what part was harem involved in this at all? rofl. Moreover, how was this a personal attack on you? I raised a criticism of how the issue was handled and you freak out instead of growing up and simply responding to the criticisms. you and eywa both have shown such immaturity in dealing with this issue that it really just boggles my mind.

btw who is the "little to no connection to the foreign scene" and who "has essentially given up on the ladder"

i honestly dont know how you're trying to bash me at this point, but you're taking what should be a pretty simple case of "well add more rules/transparency into smurfing in the future" into some kind of personal vendetta that literally doesn't exist.
Writer
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:54:31
April 13 2012 02:40 GMT
#478
Edit: Talk to Shimy
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 13 2012 02:46 GMT
#479
On April 13 2012 11:40 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 11:22 Kiante wrote:
On April 13 2012 10:53 Shotcoder wrote:
On April 13 2012 09:23 ninazerg wrote:
On April 13 2012 04:29 Kiante wrote:
defamation? Lol? how is that even a valid argument. I'm following a thread of a tournament I want to watch, and i see something going on that i dont agree with so i raise it in a public forum? Suddenly this is defamation? I'm not stating anything false to my knowledge, and I think it's important that tournaments have integrity. if we just let bullshit slide because someone is sponsoring then the tournament result because invalid, and it detracts from my own enjoyment of watching it, hence why i'm raising this issue here...on a public forum.

"doing it for Brood War" is exactly what i'm doing. just because proleague is switching to sc2 doesn't mean we suddenly have to accept sillyness. if anything, we need to fight against it. once tournaments get compromised by biased treatment of players based on arbitrary bullshit like "i played in gc so people could go study my playstyle if they wanted to" while others are denied the same right, the issue should at least be raised, rather than calling me out for defamation of character or some bullshit lol.


Here's how things work here in North America:

Eywa posts something. Someone raises an objection: DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, slander, hurting ESPORTS, your argument is invalid.

You post something. Eywa raises an objection: It is a legitimate concern. Take notes, kids.



I have nothing against you nina, but this was a blatant attack on Me by Harem and Kiante on Shimy. It wasn't an issue until they decided to make it one. So I don't understand why 2-3 people are so butt hurt about it. Especially one person who has little to no connection to the Foreign Scene and one who has essentially given up on the ladder.


I'm sorry but what the fuck are you on about noise? At what part was harem involved in this at all? rofl. Moreover, how was this a personal attack on you? I raised a criticism of how the issue was handled and you freak out instead of growing up and simply responding to the criticisms. you and eywa both have shown such immaturity in dealing with this issue that it really just boggles my mind.

btw who is the "little to no connection to the foreign scene" and who "has essentially given up on the ladder"

i honestly dont know how you're trying to bash me at this point, but you're taking what should be a pretty simple case of "well add more rules/transparency into smurfing in the future" into some kind of personal vendetta that literally doesn't exist.


What the fuck is your problem? You say I'm bashing you when I never once said a negative word about you. I see that pen next to your name has given you more balls than you deserve. Maybe you should go read what I said, see who banned me, and see who has trolled me about BM in the past and maybe you'll see the connections in my post rather than shitting on mine and Eywa's names. Idk about me but I know Eywa has done much more for this community than you can even claim to and yet you bash him why? Because he stands by Shimy's decision? Because he provides and you sit there and shit on people? Dude you're a fucking troll and need to learn when to shut the fuck up. I don't know what your motives are but at this point it's blatantly obvious it's NOT the "add more rules/transparency into smurfing in the future".

At this point I'm going to ask we move this to PM or I'm going to end up getting perm banned.

Lol? You accused me of a blatant attack on you. that's entirely false. This has nothing to do with my pen and your silly insults based upon it are completely baseless. You got banned because YOU"RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE ALT ACCOUNTS ON TL. I dont know if you read the rules when you signed up the first time but it's not hard to understand. you made an alt account, you trolled the thread, then you got figured out and banned. why is it even relevant that harem did it?

I'm not bashing eywa, i'm not bashing you. I was raising a concern over smurfing happening in a tournament, and moreover that there were decisions made about who could smurf, without rules being specified in the thread, and with most people in the ladder not even knowing that there were smurfs to compete with. I pm'd shimy the concerns i raised in this thread and he agreed with me in terms of greater transparency so honestly, that was my only concern in this thread. you're the one who's taken to personal attacks on me, insulting me based on practically nothing, as i simply tried to speak up for the people playing in your tournament. Holy moly batman, the world isn't out to get you.
Writer
i am plus
Profile Joined October 2011
United States190 Posts
April 13 2012 02:48 GMT
#480
insted of flooding the asl thread about this why dont u pm each other -_-
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 706
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings197
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26132
Shuttle 11571
FanTaSy 1635
Hyuk 1017
Horang2 584
BeSt 502
Mini 274
Pusan 249
Stork 231
EffOrt 140
[ Show more ]
Killer 138
Last 135
Zeus 121
Mind 88
ggaemo 69
Hyun 56
sorry 48
PianO 45
ToSsGirL 38
Snow 37
Bale 34
Sea.KH 34
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 22
Aegong 21
zelot 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi160
Counter-Strike
fl0m2028
byalli832
x6flipin288
Other Games
gofns33559
singsing2867
B2W.Neo801
Hui .77
Livibee66
Mew2King62
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
Replay Cast
11h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.