• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:05
CEST 04:05
KST 11:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7998 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL Grand Final - Page 290

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 288 289 290 291 292 319 Next
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
September 17 2011 13:04 GMT
#5781
On September 17 2011 22:02 Bebop07 wrote:
That game 5 was kind of a throwback too to the old days of tvp before flash. I too thought jangbi was dead don't get me wrong, but I remember thinking well..once he can 4-5 carriers, fanta could possibly be in trouble. Carriers just rape without terran having 3-4 bases/3 gas/mass upgrades. Especially on a map like that.


And with Fantasy style defense -

"Hey dude how are you going to defend against counters to your main?"

Fantasy - "Np dude I got it"

"Lol what a Fantasy"
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:21:55
September 17 2011 13:05 GMT
#5782
On September 17 2011 22:02 JIJIyO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:55 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:42 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:41 JIJIyO wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:38 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:36 X10A wrote:
That Korean air/jin air lady <3
Jangbi finally gets his pin and trophy

gotta love her not just because she's really pretty, but because she really loves esports. she cried in an interview when she started saying how she initially was just another sponsor, but eventually fell in love with esports and the fans

esports needs more people like her!

What. Where can I see this? I WANT TO EMBRACE NEW SPONSORS!!!

from 15:37

subs btw:

"at first, this (sponsorship) was all done for marketing purposes. but when the fans expressed their thanks to us first, we felt that this was a more special connection. i wanted to express my thoughts but i'm not sure if i did it well... the biggest change (for me) was that i became a fan... i became a fan of esports fans. so... *hesitates* in a way... i'll just say it simply, i love esports fans. i love them. that's all i can say."

Amazing.

I haven't played SC in well over a year.........makes me want to play again. Goddamn.

I'll be honest with you guys. I woke at like 8am my time for some odd reason (I like never do this), and I didn't even know the OSL finals was today because I lost track of time. I only caught the last 10~ minutes or so of game 5. Yet I feel on top of the fricking world. Why? Because of everyone in this goddamn thread. I didn't have to watch the games from start to finish to be a part of this wonderful experience. It was all of you live reporting, cheering for your players, hyping up games, MOTHER FUCKING YELLING FOR NO REASON AT ALLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~ This is truly the epitome of Starcraft : Broodwar. TL is truly a great. Feels like I can do ANYTHING at all right now. I feel a sense of accomplishment not because of the outcome of the finals. No. I feel accomplishment because of all the people in Korea that put their heart and soul into this game, and truly made it not an e-Sport, but a lifestyle. Cheers to everyone around the world.

I feel it too, cheers bro!!!
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
September 17 2011 13:05 GMT
#5783
On September 17 2011 22:01 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:00 shadymmj wrote:
don't diss fanta yo, he did the exactly the right thing by choking


He had that game won, and he knew it.


except if he won it almost everyone would be sorely disappointed.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
September 17 2011 13:05 GMT
#5784
According to the wiki, Fantasy now join Stork (tied) with second most silvers. OnGameNet Starleague %28OSL%29

Stork still has more overall silvers, though. STORK!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
smekz
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal503 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5785
man that was so freaking epic, dont even know what should i do now, gonna watch the vods asap i guess
Canx
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore85 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5786
Dat smile. Can't wait for the interviews! Good job Jangbi :D
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5787
hope David Kim or whoever in charge watched this series and give sc2 carrier a megabuff
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5788
Doesn't Jaedong have as many silvers as Stork overall? I think ForGG gave him one and Flash handed him the other 3.
May the BeSt man win.
Seraphic
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3849 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5789
On September 17 2011 22:01 ladyumbra wrote:

Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:40 stork4ever wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:32 krisss wrote:
As a person who never watched SC progaming.. are those games always that exciting?
WTF this is like 10 times better than SC2..


Not only are these games exciting, the storyline is amazing. Read the hype threads, look at the time the hype videos took (nukethestars on youtube and in another thread). Legend of the Fall, protoss dragons, the prophecy. The constant pan outs to bisu/stork/coaches and their stories. Look at the crowd, thunderfucking sticks, entire teams rolling out, osl badges getting pinned, foreigners waking up at odd hours to watch a game with none of this 1080HD crap, where they can easily watch on VODs later but must watch it live. The fans' cheers, cries, anguish, the winners smile and losers devastation.

Look at all this shit. This is no longer esports nor a game, this is cult, this is BROODWAR.


So glad I've recently decided to love this game ( Ok less decided more was compelled by the awesome) However while liquipedia tells me what legend of the fall and the protoss dragons is it has no mention of " the prophecy" as a player related thing vs the actual game storyline which I already knew about. Is there a player related one as well?


* Please don't kill the ignorant newbie.


Jangbi and Fantasy has a lot of history in there games and the two always deliver. The 6 Dragons were a time where 6 Protoss players dominated the scene. Bisu, Stork, Jangbi, BeSt, Kal and Free. (in that order from 1st Dragon Bisu, to 2nd Dragon Stork, etc.) Legend of the Fall is where a Protoss would stop a Terran from winning OSL in the Fall. Happened way back with Boxer several times, and Stork stopping Fantasy as well, and now again Jangbi stopped Fantasy from winning back to back OSLs in the Fall.
Natus Vincere Fan | Team Secret Fan | SK Telecom T1 Fan | Lanaya the Templar Assassin <3
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5790
On September 17 2011 22:03 cursor wrote:
Did you guys see the crowd durring the last game? I mean, I didn't notice so much at the time because I was pretty tense myself... but people were like crying.. and passing out, and yelling, and praying... I mean some dude looked like he seen a ghost.

Great crowd there. Wish I could have been there.

the crowd today was just amazing. it's solid proof that BW will never die, as long as things like these happen. and trust me, oh they will happen.
POGGERS
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
September 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#5791
i'm so happy for jangbi, incredible run and what a story line
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
September 17 2011 13:07 GMT
#5792
On September 17 2011 22:03 cursor wrote:
Did you guys see the crowd durring the last game? I mean, I didn't notice so much at the time because I was pretty tense myself... but people were like crying.. and passing out, and yelling, and praying... I mean some dude looked like he seen a ghost.

Great crowd there. Wish I could have been there.

yes, some face shots were great, more tension than before.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
September 17 2011 13:07 GMT
#5793
[image loading]
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Azriel
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico462 Posts
September 17 2011 13:07 GMT
#5794
And that's the end of the Kong line.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
September 17 2011 13:07 GMT
#5795
On September 17 2011 22:07 letian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:03 cursor wrote:
Did you guys see the crowd durring the last game? I mean, I didn't notice so much at the time because I was pretty tense myself... but people were like crying.. and passing out, and yelling, and praying... I mean some dude looked like he seen a ghost.

Great crowd there. Wish I could have been there.

yes, some face shots were great, more tension than before.

My stream froze right when some lady was holding her hands to her head and yelling.
May the BeSt man win.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
September 17 2011 13:08 GMT
#5796
Did you know that before today, the last protoss OSL gold was Stork in 2008?

That before Stork it was Anytime in 2005?

Ever since the rise of Savior, there has been but one protoss champion every 3 years - the legendary carrier. There was doubt for a moment whether our intrepid templar would rise to the rank of carrier tonight - he seemed on the verge of defeat. But, he did it. He used his carriers - the absolute, strongest protoss unit, and fought back from a 50 supply disadvantage to grab victory.

So so happy I am.
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
September 17 2011 13:08 GMT
#5797
On September 17 2011 22:02 JIJIyO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:55 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:42 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:41 JIJIyO wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:38 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:36 X10A wrote:
That Korean air/jin air lady <3
Jangbi finally gets his pin and trophy

gotta love her not just because she's really pretty, but because she really loves esports. she cried in an interview when she started saying how she initially was just another sponsor, but eventually fell in love with esports and the fans

esports needs more people like her!

What. Where can I see this? I WANT TO EMBRACE NEW SPONSORS!!!

from 15:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUS5vIV0Uc

subs btw:

"at first, this (sponsorship) was all done for marketing purposes. but when the fans expressed their thanks to us first, we felt that this was a more special connection. i wanted to express my thoughts but i'm not sure if i did it well... the biggest change (for me) was that i became a fan... i became a fan of esports fans. so... *hesitates* in a way... i'll just say it simply, i love esports fans. i love them. that's all i can say."

Amazing.

I haven't played SC in well over a year.........makes me want to play again. Goddamn.

I'll be honest with you guys. I woke at like 8am my time for some odd reason (I like never do this), and I didn't even know the OSL finals was today because I lost track of time. I only caught the last 10~ minutes or so of game 5. Yet I feel on top of the fricking world. Why? Because of everyone in this goddamn thread. I didn't have to watch the games from start to finish to be a part of this wonderful experience. It was all of you live reporting, cheering for your players, hyping up games, MOTHER FUCKING YELLING FOR NO REASON AT ALLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~ This is truly the epitome of Starcraft : Broodwar. TL is truly a great. Feels like I can do ANYTHING at all right now. I feel a sense of accomplishment not because of the outcome of the finals. No. I feel accomplishment because of all the people in Korea that put their heart and soul into this game, and truly made it not an e-Sport, but a lifestyle. Cheers to everyone around the world.


Well said my friend
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
September 17 2011 13:08 GMT
#5798
On September 17 2011 22:07 Amaranthine wrote:
And that's the end of the Kong line.

Satisfying, isn't it?

Let's see if Zero takes up the mantle...
Or Great, lol.
May the BeSt man win.
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
September 17 2011 13:09 GMT
#5799
On September 17 2011 22:03 cursor wrote:
Did you guys see the crowd durring the last game? I mean, I didn't notice so much at the time because I was pretty tense myself... but people were like crying.. and passing out, and yelling, and praying... I mean some dude looked like he seen a ghost.

Great crowd there. Wish I could have been there.


I would pay incredible amounts of money to watch an OSL final live..
Especially one like this, SO epic.
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
September 17 2011 13:09 GMT
#5800
So now that the hype is at least almost gone,I have to ask: Was this the worst control of Gol + Tanks army ever? I mean tanks were always so far behind goliaths so Jangbi (with his flawless control I must add) picked insane number of Goliaths with dragoons. Then when he starts retreating from Goons he picks another 2-3 with his carrier. All that time Fantasy is in the middle of the map,not atacking Jangbi and not defending his main nor his 3rd which becomes an easy targer for Jangbi twice! Then he starts a push,Jangbi goes for the main and leaves his 3rd without any defense but no,fantasy decides not to go for it because of...2 cannons? Meanwhile his wraiths are doing apsolutly nothing. And on top of all that,I have to say I watched quite a few games of BroodWar,but never seen Protoss winning from 80 to 140 supply deficit + 2 vs 3 bases.
Prev 1 288 289 290 291 292 319 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings66
EnkiAlexander 30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 597
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox537
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 55m
Stellar Fest
10h 55m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.