• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:26
CEST 09:26
KST 16:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL Grand Final - Page 289

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 287 288 289 290 291 319 Next
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
September 17 2011 13:00 GMT
#5761
On September 17 2011 21:59 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:57 o[twist] wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:56 c3rberUs wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:51 itsdaniel wrote:
[image loading]

in tears!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Daniel approves.

Minus Kal(?), all the Dragons are present during the game, right?


was free there? i thought the six were bisu, best, stork, jangbi, kal, and free

i saw a guy that looked like free =S


Yeah was definitely Free
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
September 17 2011 13:00 GMT
#5762
On September 17 2011 21:58 cursor wrote:
I distinctly remember thinking "fuck, this game has been over for a while, and Im sitting here like an idiot hoping for Jangbi."

Sometimes, you gotta love being wrong.


I love you too.

The fall is pretty great.
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:01:51
September 17 2011 13:00 GMT
#5763
Now I can sleep in peace knowing that a new Protoss champion has finally been crowned and the Legend of the Fall has happened again... Except I don't think I can sleep now, even with a 6 long hour drive coming up haha.

Thanks to flamewheel for making the LR thread and to all the streamers for streaming today's LEGENDARY set of games; this was one of the best OSL finals ever, hands down. This series is going down in history. Although I most likely won't be able to watch as many live games from now on, today's games have set in stone that I must continue to watch the Starleague finals in order to keep on witnessing history being made, and that there is hope for Brood War to keep on thriving.

Brood War for life! Brood War fighting!!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5764
According to the wiki, Fantasy now join Stork (tied) with second most silvers. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/OnGameNet_Starleague_(OSL)
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:02:10
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5765
I lost hope after that huge siege from behind. And then I just sat and watched.
Crazy games today, every game was terrific. And I'm happy at last cause a protoss takes OSL finally. The fact that it's Jangbi, whom I considered to be a very skilled but psychologically unstable player, "a sleeper" so to say, that just needed time to grow up warms my heart even more. Thank you Jangbi, you solved your troubles, long live BroodWar. My congrats to all BW fans, it was unforgettable guys!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5766
Looking back its funny how Jangbi won twice on Pathfinder and he didn't on Bloody ridge and La Mancha

also Bisu, I saw your look, you were not 100% cheering for Fantasy, you too felt the need of a Protoss hero.
WriterXiao8~~
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5767
dont start aruging about bw vs sc2 in here.

lets get back on topic

HOLY FUCK JANGBI I LOVE YOU PLEASE HAVE ALL MY CHILDREN


I still cant fathom how he won that last game. i was calling it over like 10 minutes in.

omfg
Writer
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5768
On September 17 2011 21:56 rainei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:51 itsdaniel wrote:
[image loading]

in tears!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!


good stuff! Was your friend there? I think he has been giving you some shoutouts, at least for the soo/flash games! I envy you so hard!


yes he was.... Harry can be seen after the start of Map 1 when he took a huge bite of some kind of meat next to his cheering card... He is the only fan with a khan uniform!
OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5769
On September 17 2011 21:57 o[twist] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:56 c3rberUs wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:51 itsdaniel wrote:
[image loading]

in tears!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Daniel approves.

Minus Kal(?), all the Dragons are present during the game, right?


was free there? i thought the six were bisu, best, stork, jangbi, kal, and free

Yes free was there!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5770
On September 17 2011 22:00 shadymmj wrote:
don't diss fanta yo, he did the exactly the right thing by choking


He had that game won, and he knew it.
Fan of the Jangbanger
ladyumbra
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1699 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5771

On September 17 2011 21:40 stork4ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:32 krisss wrote:
As a person who never watched SC progaming.. are those games always that exciting?
WTF this is like 10 times better than SC2..


Not only are these games exciting, the storyline is amazing. Read the hype threads, look at the time the hype videos took (nukethestars on youtube and in another thread). Legend of the Fall, protoss dragons, the prophecy. The constant pan outs to bisu/stork/coaches and their stories. Look at the crowd, thunderfucking sticks, entire teams rolling out, osl badges getting pinned, foreigners waking up at odd hours to watch a game with none of this 1080HD crap, where they can easily watch on VODs later but must watch it live. The fans' cheers, cries, anguish, the winners smile and losers devastation.

Look at all this shit. This is no longer esports nor a game, this is cult, this is BROODWAR.


So glad I've recently decided to love this game ( Ok less decided more was compelled by the awesome) However while liquipedia tells me what legend of the fall and the protoss dragons is it has no mention of " the prophecy" as a player related thing vs the actual game storyline which I already knew about. Is there a player related one as well?


* Please don't kill the ignorant newbie.
phyren
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1067 Posts
September 17 2011 13:01 GMT
#5772
On September 17 2011 21:58 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:56 samuraibael wrote:
I'm also pretty sure these finals have ruined dreamhack for anyone that watched this (its starting now). How is that going to compare?

Indeed. I was gonna watch it, but I don't even know if I'll bother now. During the BW break that's been going on now I've been watching more and more SC2 and getting kinda into it again, but watching stuff like this... mang, high-level BW is just so amazing.



Actually, I'm enjoying this intro more just because of the residual joy from that finals.
Seraphic
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3849 Posts
September 17 2011 13:02 GMT
#5773
On September 17 2011 22:00 shadymmj wrote:
don't diss fanta yo, he did the exactly the right thing by playing very well, but not well enough to win! :3


He still has MSL. Fantasy is good enough to get into the finals again eventually. Legend of the Fall was something he couldn't avoid. I believe all of the big names are still in the MSL aside from Stork.
Natus Vincere Fan | Team Secret Fan | SK Telecom T1 Fan | Lanaya the Templar Assassin <3
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
September 17 2011 13:02 GMT
#5774
On September 17 2011 21:55 konadora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:42 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:41 JIJIyO wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:38 konadora wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:36 X10A wrote:
That Korean air/jin air lady <3
Jangbi finally gets his pin and trophy

gotta love her not just because she's really pretty, but because she really loves esports. she cried in an interview when she started saying how she initially was just another sponsor, but eventually fell in love with esports and the fans

esports needs more people like her!

What. Where can I see this? I WANT TO EMBRACE NEW SPONSORS!!!

from 15:37

subs btw:

"at first, this (sponsorship) was all done for marketing purposes. but when the fans expressed their thanks to us first, we felt that this was a more special connection. i wanted to express my thoughts but i'm not sure if i did it well... the biggest change (for me) was that i became a fan... i became a fan of esports fans. so... *hesitates* in a way... i'll just say it simply, i love esports fans. i love them. that's all i can say."

Amazing.

I haven't played SC in well over a year.........makes me want to play again. Goddamn.

I'll be honest with you guys. I woke at like 8am my time for some odd reason (I like never do this), and I didn't even know the OSL finals was today because I lost track of time. I only caught the last 10~ minutes or so of game 5. Yet I feel on top of the fricking world. Why? Because of everyone in this goddamn thread. I didn't have to watch the games from start to finish to be a part of this wonderful experience. It was all of you live reporting, cheering for your players, hyping up games, MOTHER FUCKING YELLING FOR NO REASON AT ALLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~ This is truly the epitome of Starcraft : Broodwar. TL is truly a great. Feels like I can do ANYTHING at all right now. I feel a sense of accomplishment not because of the outcome of the finals. No. I feel accomplishment because of all the people in Korea that put their heart and soul into this game, and truly made it not an e-Sport, but a lifestyle. Cheers to everyone around the world.
KT_Violet
Bebop07
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States291 Posts
September 17 2011 13:02 GMT
#5775
That game 5 was kind of a throwback too to the old days of tvp before flash. I too thought jangbi was dead don't get me wrong, but I remember thinking well..once he can 4-5 carriers, fanta could possibly be in trouble. Carriers just rape without terran having 3-4 bases/3 gas/mass upgrades. Especially on a map like that.
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:04:41
September 17 2011 13:02 GMT
#5776
*tears*

*tears*

*tears*

As a Flash fan, the fact that Jangbi knocked him out and went on to get the gold makes me soooo happy.

This is what Brood War is needing. A Protoss champion. A fresh winner's face that is capable of gathering huge crowds screaming in ecstasy.

Jangbi, congrats. You did it. You earned it. You're BW's and everyone's hero now.

Long live BW!
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
September 17 2011 13:03 GMT
#5777
(Wiping the tears of joy) well well, and now let us check the power rank.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
September 17 2011 13:03 GMT
#5778
Did you guys see the crowd durring the last game? I mean, I didn't notice so much at the time because I was pretty tense myself... but people were like crying.. and passing out, and yelling, and praying... I mean some dude looked like he seen a ghost.

Great crowd there. Wish I could have been there.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 17 2011 13:03 GMT
#5779
On September 17 2011 22:01 Kipsate wrote:
Looking back its funny how Jangbi won twice on Pathfinder and he didn't on Bloody ridge and La Mancha

also Bisu, I saw your look, you were not 100% cheering for Fantasy, you too felt the need of a Protoss hero.

Man, there was a moment during the Bloody Ridge game when they showed Bisu, and I'm positive he was rooting for Jangbi in that moment.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
September 17 2011 13:03 GMT
#5780
Loves that results. Protos Gold, epic 5 games, no reasons for Fantasy's haters to talking shit (maybe besides him being chocker)...
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
Prev 1 287 288 289 290 291 319 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 165
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 641
HiyA 189
Mong 67
Shine 44
NotJumperer 35
Bale 28
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft769
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9403
PiGStarcraft338
Happy245
olofmeister237
Livibee128
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick534
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream507
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH157
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2399
League of Legends
• Lourlo1498
• Rush1407
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 35m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 35m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.