• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:21
CEST 13:21
KST 20:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9087 users

[SPL] Playoffs: STX Soul vs SK Telecom T1, Day 1 - Page 71

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 75 Next
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
July 31 2010 07:17 GMT
#1401
On July 31 2010 16:16 Rinrun wrote:
Caught that ace match, Fantasy was def in control once his valks took those mutas+scourages.
A result that wasn't a surprise in the end. LBs don't let me down.


Meh, he was in control when by.hero threw his army away and stayed on even base against meching terran.
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
July 31 2010 07:18 GMT
#1402
No need for SKT fans to worry about Hyuk, s2, or Soo, should they make it to the finals. KT zergs are still worse.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Gustav_Wind
Profile Joined July 2008
United States646 Posts
July 31 2010 07:18 GMT
#1403
On July 31 2010 16:15 jgju wrote:
match summary


made me laugh quite a bit.

this should be the newspost for the match
TacToSs
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia330 Posts
July 31 2010 07:18 GMT
#1404
It was painful to see all those scourge and mutas die in 1-2 seconds ><
Jaedong <3
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
July 31 2010 07:18 GMT
#1405
Every STX fan is raging, every SKT fan is lauding
Writerptrk
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
July 31 2010 07:19 GMT
#1406
On July 31 2010 16:16 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
There is always day 2 and day 3. STX got terribly unfavorable matchups today, and managed to go 3-4. Moment SKT gets one non favorable matchup they're fucked.

Who chose those matchups? I have a feeling that guy will be around for day 2 as well.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
July 31 2010 07:19 GMT
#1407
On July 31 2010 16:15 jgju wrote:
For your entertainment, I present tonight in PL adapted for the stage:

Commentator: Are you ready to rummmmmmbbbllleeeeeeeeee??? ROUND 1, FIGHT!

Game 1 begins

STX Coach enters from stage left

STX Coach: Bogus, I choose you!

Bogus: pika pika?

Fantasy swaggers on from stage right

Stream Viewers: lol

Fantasy proceeds to make a million vultures, lose.

Bogus: Not even I know what just happened.



Game 2 is soon underway between Modesty and Canata. Nobody is paying attention.

Canata: Because I don't like winning, I intend to go 2port wraith.

Canata innovates by building a command center in lieu of a second starport.

Cro-Magnon terran: oops.

Modesty still loses because he is awful.



Game 3: Hero vs. SKT Zerg model no. 3

[image loading]



Game 4 is between Bisu and Kal

Bisu: Good evening Kal. I hope you're prepared to lose.

Kal: Not today old friend.

Bisu: How does a robo first build sound?

Kal: excellent, excellent.

Bisu: Let's do this.

Various intense battles take place. As the smoke clears, we see Bisu and Kal, both still standing, though wearied from their conflict.

Kal: Looks like we're still at a standstill, Bisu.

Bisu: You forgot just one thing.

Kal: ???

Bisu: I'm S-Class.

Kal forgets where he put his entire army, and is crushed by a flank. GG.



Game 5: STX sends Calm. Everyone on the stream eagerly awaits the arrival of the only worthwhile player left on SKT, Best.

Hyuk: Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk

Hyuk Hyuks everyone except Calm



Game 6: Finally, Doh Jae Wook is sent out. Not wanting to have a chance at winning, STX chooses Frozen over Shuttle

Frozen: My opponent is formidable, but perhaps with a well executed siege expand I can take him down in the midgame.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: I see that he, too is going for a macro-oriented build. Perhaps harassing his economy with vultures will give me the edge I need.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: If I can fortify a three- base economy with mass tanks, beginning a slow push should be no problem at all.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d. gg no re.



Game 7 proves to one and all that all that chicken has finally gone to the STX coach's head, and he chooses to send Hero. SKT sends out Fantasy because Fantasy TvZ's are always hilarious.

Fantasy: Alas, I deeply regret having not chosen protoss as a child, and so I shall now do my best to execute a corsair/dt build using only valkyries and vultures. How this makes sense, I do not know.

Hero: Adapting is bad. We fear change.

Some Stuff happens and Fantasy wins.

Zizi yo and to all a good night.

OP should totally add this to the results spoiler.
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
July 31 2010 07:19 GMT
#1408
Fanta´s TvZ looks soooo unstable and weird but he won anyway.. SKT Zergs Failed today
in The Kong line forever
JodoYodo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1772 Posts
July 31 2010 07:19 GMT
#1409
On July 31 2010 16:18 ArvickHero wrote:
Every STX non-SKT fan is raging, every SKT fan is lauding

Fixed
Dance dance dance 'till we run this town!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
July 31 2010 07:19 GMT
#1410
haha Best got the MVP.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1411
overpool doing absolutely no dmg already puts hero in a really shitty position and his defence against vultures at his nat was abysmal, shitty ace match
Yhamm is the god of predictions
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1412
On July 31 2010 16:15 jgju wrote:
For your entertainment, I present tonight in PL adapted for the stage:

+ Show Spoiler +
Commentator: Are you ready to rummmmmmbbbllleeeeeeeeee??? ROUND 1, FIGHT!

Game 1 begins

STX Coach enters from stage left

STX Coach: Bogus, I choose you!

Bogus: pika pika?

Fantasy swaggers on from stage right

Stream Viewers: lol

Fantasy proceeds to make a million vultures, lose.

Bogus: Not even I know what just happened.



Game 2 is soon underway between Modesty and Canata. Nobody is paying attention.

Canata: Because I don't like winning, I intend to go 2port wraith.

Canata innovates by building a command center in lieu of a second starport.

Cro-Magnon terran: oops.

Modesty still loses because he is awful.



Game 3: Hero vs. SKT Zerg model no. 3

[image loading]



Game 4 is between Bisu and Kal

Bisu: Good evening Kal. I hope you're prepared to lose.

Kal: Not today old friend.

Bisu: How does a robo first build sound?

Kal: excellent, excellent.

Bisu: Let's do this.

Various intense battles take place. As the smoke clears, we see Bisu and Kal, both still standing, though wearied from their conflict.

Kal: Looks like we're still at a standstill, Bisu.

Bisu: You forgot just one thing.

Kal: ???

Bisu: I'm S-Class.

Kal forgets where he put his entire army, and is crushed by a flank. GG.



Game 5: STX sends Calm. Everyone on the stream eagerly awaits the arrival of the only worthwhile player left on SKT, Best.

Hyuk: Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk

Hyuk Hyuks everyone except Calm



Game 6: Finally, Doh Jae Wook is sent out. Not wanting to have a chance at winning, STX chooses Frozen over Shuttle

Frozen: My opponent is formidable, but perhaps with a well executed siege expand I can take him down in the midgame.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: I see that he, too is going for a macro-oriented build. Perhaps harassing his economy with vultures will give me the edge I need.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: If I can fortify a three- base economy with mass tanks, beginning a slow push should be no problem at all.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d. gg no re.



Game 7 proves to one and all that all that chicken has finally gone to the STX coach's head, and he chooses to send Hero. SKT sends out Fantasy because Fantasy TvZ's are always hilarious.

Fantasy: Alas, I deeply regret having not chosen protoss as a child, and so I shall now do my best to execute a corsair/dt build using only valkyries and vultures. How this makes sense, I do not know.

Hero: Adapting is bad. We fear change.

Some Stuff happens and Fantasy wins.

Zizi yo and to all a good night.


Great summary haha. Looking forward the rematch tomorrow !
ॐ
Gustav_Wind
Profile Joined July 2008
United States646 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1413
On July 31 2010 16:19 teamsolid wrote:

OP should totally add this to the results spoiler.


agreed. bisu vs kal, best vs frozen, fantasy vs hero are all gold.
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1414
On July 31 2010 16:18 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
No need for SKT fans to worry about Hyuk, s2, or Soo, should they make it to the finals. KT zergs are still worse.

815 and Hoejja are better than SKT zergs on a normal day. Plus Luxury, but he's gone now.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1415
On July 31 2010 16:15 jgju wrote:
For your entertainment, I present tonight in PL adapted for the stage:

Match report follows

Zizi yo and to all a good night.


EPIC, you forgot flying T-Rexes in Game 3
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1416
That was awesome. I look forward to a CANATA victory interview!!!!! I hope he doesn't sound as suicidal as he did last time!!!
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
PineappleLumpsToss
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand2434 Posts
July 31 2010 07:20 GMT
#1417
About time BeSt got the MVP. Well deserved.
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 07:21:53
July 31 2010 07:21 GMT
#1418
The worst thing is, for a moment, when Bogus, Calm, Hero picked up their games, I thought STX was good.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
July 31 2010 07:21 GMT
#1419
Fantasy is somehow becoming a play-off hero with a negative record but two terrible tvz HBR ace-win matches.
Hero's control wasn't up to par that game, too many easy lost units.

Pretty impressive to see how Best and Bisu cruise through these matches.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 07:23:53
July 31 2010 07:22 GMT
#1420
On July 31 2010 16:15 jgju wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
For your entertainment, I present tonight in PL adapted for the stage:

Commentator: Are you ready to rummmmmmbbbllleeeeeeeeee??? ROUND 1, FIGHT!

Game 1 begins

STX Coach enters from stage left

STX Coach: Bogus, I choose you!

Bogus: pika pika?

Fantasy swaggers on from stage right

Stream Viewers: lol

Fantasy proceeds to make a million vultures, lose.

Bogus: Not even I know what just happened.



Game 2 is soon underway between Modesty and Canata. Nobody is paying attention.

Canata: Because I don't like winning, I intend to go 2port wraith.

Canata innovates by building a command center in lieu of a second starport.

Cro-Magnon terran: oops.

Modesty still loses because he is awful.



Game 3: Hero vs. SKT Zerg model no. 3

[image loading]



Game 4 is between Bisu and Kal

Bisu: Good evening Kal. I hope you're prepared to lose.

Kal: Not today old friend.

Bisu: How does a robo first build sound?

Kal: excellent, excellent.

Bisu: Let's do this.

Various intense battles take place. As the smoke clears, we see Bisu and Kal, both still standing, though wearied from their conflict.

Kal: Looks like we're still at a standstill, Bisu.

Bisu: You forgot just one thing.

Kal: ???

Bisu: I'm S-Class.

Kal forgets where he put his entire army, and is crushed by a flank. GG.



Game 5: STX sends Calm. Everyone on the stream eagerly awaits the arrival of the only worthwhile player left on SKT, Best.

Hyuk: Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk

Hyuk Hyuks everyone except Calm



Game 6: Finally, Doh Jae Wook is sent out. Not wanting to have a chance at winning, STX chooses Frozen over Shuttle

Frozen: My opponent is formidable, but perhaps with a well executed siege expand I can take him down in the midgame.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: I see that he, too is going for a macro-oriented build. Perhaps harassing his economy with vultures will give me the edge I need.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d

Frozen: If I can fortify a three- base economy with mass tanks, beginning a slow push should be no problem at all.

Best: 4z5z6d7d8d9d0d. gg no re.



Game 7 proves to one and all that all that chicken has finally gone to the STX coach's head, and he chooses to send Hero. SKT sends out Fantasy because Fantasy TvZ's are always hilarious.

Fantasy: Alas, I deeply regret having not chosen protoss as a child, and so I shall now do my best to execute a corsair/dt build using only valkyries and vultures. How this makes sense, I do not know.

Hero: Adapting is bad. We fear change.

Some Stuff happens and Fantasy wins.

Zizi yo and to all a good night.


Nice work, enjoyable read.

The final 7th set was very underwhelming because it got dragged. Commentators didn't even have any emotion when Hero gg'ed.

Mass valk that actually worked was win though. Fantasy used them like corsair.
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM608
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 608
Lowko395
IndyStarCraft 136
mouzHeroMarine 97
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14253
Free 5579
Stork 1876
Jaedong 673
Horang2 513
BeSt 434
Soulkey 350
Soma 263
Mini 241
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Zeus 212
Last 143
sorry 108
Mind 84
Pusan 75
Hyun 73
Sexy 47
Shinee 37
soO 31
yabsab 16
Sacsri 15
scan(afreeca) 15
ToSsGirL 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4917
Dendi319
XaKoH 264
XcaliburYe211
Counter-Strike
byalli680
Other Games
gofns43128
singsing2349
Coldzera 692
Happy383
B2W.Neo363
Pyrionflax235
ToD62
trigger1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 29
• StrangeGG 17
• Adnapsc2 15
• Light_VIP 9
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV379
League of Legends
• Jankos3758
Upcoming Events
Online Event
39m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 39m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.