• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:12
CEST 12:12
KST 19:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11746 users

Why Haven't You Edited Liquipedia Yet? - Page 8

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-01 15:20:24
October 01 2009 15:18 GMT
#141
I have an old incomplete blog post that is a 'How To Micro' guide. I'd like to add in the information to the wiki. It's from this post: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=79611 The guide is far from complete, mostly because I only play zerg so I don't have much to offer on T & P micro tips. I should have made it a 'How To Micro Zerg' guide.

I'm not a high-level player, but I think my tips are things that every D & up player should know. I don't know if the liquipedia content is geared towards low-level players trying to get better, or towards mid-level or high-level players trying to perfect their play. If it's ok to add low-level tips, then I'll put the information into the wiki.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-01 18:42:37
October 01 2009 18:42 GMT
#142
On October 02 2009 00:18 BlasiuS wrote:
I have an old incomplete blog post that is a 'How To Micro' guide. I'd like to add in the information to the wiki. It's from this post: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=79611 The guide is far from complete, mostly because I only play zerg so I don't have much to offer on T & P micro tips. I should have made it a 'How To Micro Zerg' guide.

I'm not a high-level player, but I think my tips are things that every D & up player should know. I don't know if the liquipedia content is geared towards low-level players trying to get better, or towards mid-level or high-level players trying to perfect their play. If it's ok to add low-level tips, then I'll put the information into the wiki.

It's geared towards everyone and needs to contain everything between common knowledge and very specific facts. So you are welcome to add your thoughts to: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Micro_Tips or make a seperate entry about Zerg Micro.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-02 18:46:58
October 02 2009 18:15 GMT
#143
Hm I didn't see the Micro Tips link anywhere. Shouldn't it be easy to find under one of the main headings (preferably under Strategy Overview)?

I'd like to make ZvP micro another page (linked from wherever Micro Tips is linked from), or as it's own subsection under Zerg Micro in the Micro Tips page. What would be the best way of doing this?
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 08 2009 07:55 GMT
#144
On October 03 2009 03:15 BlasiuS wrote:
Hm I didn't see the Micro Tips link anywhere. Shouldn't it be easy to find under one of the main headings (preferably under Strategy Overview)?

I'd like to make ZvP micro another page (linked from wherever Micro Tips is linked from), or as it's own subsection under Zerg Micro in the Micro Tips page. What would be the best way of doing this?

I think you already answered that question yourself
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 21 2009 19:54 GMT
#145
I was wondering why there isn't a list of good BO's on each map's page.

Right now as a lowly D newb, when I am looking for a good BO for a new map, I have to go thru every BO in the PvT Section.

Seems like there would be use for a list in the map's page like this (just a made up example)

Destination:

Strong PvT builds:
14 Nex
DT Fe
....

Strong PvP Builds
14 Nex
etc....


is it just me or would this help the newbs (myself included) alot?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
October 21 2009 20:30 GMT
#146
On October 22 2009 04:54 Diamondback2 wrote:
I was wondering why there isn't a list of good BO's on each map's page.

Right now as a lowly D newb, when I am looking for a good BO for a new map, I have to go thru every BO in the PvT Section.

Seems like there would be use for a list in the map's page like this (just a made up example)

Destination:

Strong PvT builds:
14 Nex
DT Fe
....

Strong PvP Builds
14 Nex
etc....


is it just me or would this help the newbs (myself included) alot?


That sounds like a great idea, and should be done immediately
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
mptj
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States485 Posts
October 21 2009 20:36 GMT
#147
^agreed
"Only the Good Die Young"
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 21 2009 20:55 GMT
#148
On October 22 2009 04:54 Diamondback2 wrote:
I was wondering why there isn't a list of good BO's on each map's page.

Right now as a lowly D newb, when I am looking for a good BO for a new map, I have to go thru every BO in the PvT Section.

Seems like there would be use for a list in the map's page like this (just a made up example)

Destination:

Strong PvT builds:
14 Nex
DT Fe
....

Strong PvP Builds
14 Nex
etc....


is it just me or would this help the newbs (myself included) alot?

Sounds like a good idea, go ahead if you want to make a start on it. If you are unsure where to place it, ask someone from staff.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-21 23:00:49
October 21 2009 23:00 GMT
#149
On October 22 2009 05:55 Aesop wrote:
Sounds like a good idea, go ahead if you want to make a start on it. If you are unsure where to place it, ask someone from staff.



Will do. The problem is I don't know what builds are good on what maps besides what is posted.

So should I make a new thread to get a list together?

I would love to help and put some serious work in Liquipedia.

Also the Protoss builds seem a little lacking, if anyone has a build and the page is not finished send me the stuff and I will work on it when I can

Thanks!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
October 21 2009 23:08 GMT
#150
God, I just took a look at the BGH pages and there's tons of garbage on there Maybe I'll edit it some tonight.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 21 2009 23:30 GMT
#151
I just made the first edit on Destination. When it gets approved let me know if it looks okay. If it does I will continue on. I just have never edited a wiki b4.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-23 01:53:15
October 23 2009 01:52 GMT
#152
Well, I haven't edited Liquipedia for a good reason - I don't have anything worthwhile to share.....

Currently, I am experimenting with going for fast ultras against T and P as a Z player.

1 hatch lurker into 2 hatch (and therefore 2 gas) ultra-ling, with the ultras popping right around the 10 minute mark. The lurkers are needed to delay the T player enough to get a few ultras, 2 carapace ups, and the +2 carapace up for the ultras..... +4 armour ups against at best +2 weapons is a huge win for the Ultras, but this falls flat on it's face by a single wraith, and fails epically if they go for mech.....

9 pool speed into 3 hatch hydra/ling (with a couple of queens for ensnare) into 4 hatch hydra/ultra (off 3 gas bases) against P. The queens ensnare allows me to get a little bit of an advantage against P in the mid game, without having to use a lot of gas. The ultras come in at about the 12 minute mark.

So, if any of those strategies are worthwhile enough to put into Liquipedia, I'll gladly put them in, but with my current low D+ level of play, I don't think I should even bother to do anything.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 23 2009 14:24 GMT
#153
On October 23 2009 10:52 lMPERVlOUS wrote:
Well, I haven't edited Liquipedia for a good reason - I don't have anything worthwhile to share.....

Currently, I am experimenting with going for fast ultras against T and P as a Z player.

1 hatch lurker into 2 hatch (and therefore 2 gas) ultra-ling, with the ultras popping right around the 10 minute mark. The lurkers are needed to delay the T player enough to get a few ultras, 2 carapace ups, and the +2 carapace up for the ultras..... +4 armour ups against at best +2 weapons is a huge win for the Ultras, but this falls flat on it's face by a single wraith, and fails epically if they go for mech.....

9 pool speed into 3 hatch hydra/ling (with a couple of queens for ensnare) into 4 hatch hydra/ultra (off 3 gas bases) against P. The queens ensnare allows me to get a little bit of an advantage against P in the mid game, without having to use a lot of gas. The ultras come in at about the 12 minute mark.

So, if any of those strategies are worthwhile enough to put into Liquipedia, I'll gladly put them in, but with my current low D+ level of play, I don't think I should even bother to do anything.....

Heya. I don't think your D+ level of play should hold you from contributing. Many pages are still lacking the most common knowledge, that every D, and especially D+ player should know. So feel free to look around and add your 2 c to whatever catches your attention.

Your Ultrabuild would need to be rather refined, since we aim to catch builds that are viable from lower to a higher level. But if you can find progames to reference it, we can surely put it in.

If you have questions, write me a PM.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 23 2009 15:47 GMT
#154
On October 23 2009 23:24 Aesop wrote:
Heya. I don't think your D+ level of play should hold you from contributing. Many pages are still lacking the most common knowledge, that every D, and especially D+ player should know. So feel free to look around and add your 2 c to whatever catches your attention.

Your Ultrabuild would need to be rather refined, since we aim to catch builds that are viable from lower to a higher level. But if you can find progames to reference it, we can surely put it in.

If you have questions, write me a PM.


Yea I'm only a D player but I'm about to expand the maps section alot adding Strong builds.

Aesop if you could jump in my thread I put on this forum I would appreciate it. I'm trying to get this project going but all I'm getting is people who think I'm dumb for trying to do this.... Could you set them straight?

Also what about adding a section for a desired simcity for each map.

What I mean is pro's always place thier building certain ways, ie: anti-matter pylons, optimal gateway config, to assist gas as zerg. How about getting the desired simcity picture for each match for each race. I know this would help me ALOT, being I end up makign dumb simcity's when I'm freestyling. Sound like a good idea?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 23 2009 16:19 GMT
#155
On October 24 2009 00:47 Diamondback2 wrote:
Yea I'm only a D player but I'm about to expand the maps section alot adding Strong builds.

Aesop if you could jump in my thread I put on this forum I would appreciate it. I'm trying to get this project going but all I'm getting is people who think I'm dumb for trying to do this.... Could you set them straight?

Also what about adding a section for a desired simcity for each map.

What I mean is pro's always place thier building certain ways, ie: anti-matter pylons, optimal gateway config, to assist gas as zerg. How about getting the desired simcity picture for each match for each race. I know this would help me ALOT, being I end up makign dumb simcity's when I'm freestyling. Sound like a good idea?


Building placements besides the Forge FE and the Terran wall-in would certainly be useful, you can add them just as we have Forge FE placements and Terran wall-ins added.

Thanks for the effort you put into that other thread, I hope we will get some good results to transfer to liquipedia.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
October 23 2009 16:22 GMT
#156
On October 23 2009 23:24 Aesop wrote:
Your Ultrabuild would need to be rather refined, since we aim to catch builds that are viable from lower to a higher level. But if you can find progames to reference it, we can surely put it in.


Yea, there isn't any that I know of.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-23 19:09:13
October 23 2009 19:09 GMT
#157
On October 24 2009 01:19 Aesop wrote:
Thanks for the effort you put into that other thread, I hope we will get some good results to transfer to liquipedia.



I hope so too. But getting all the info I need seems to be harder than I imagined. No one seems to want to give me more than

"TvP 2 fac dest" and incomplete data like that .

Sort of disappointed so far...
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
November 04 2009 09:00 GMT
#158
Just edited quite a bit of 3 hatch muta zvt. Will continue the rest later. It was so incomplete my gosh.
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
November 04 2009 11:43 GMT
#159
On November 04 2009 18:00 resonance wrote:
Just edited quite a bit of 3 hatch muta zvt. Will continue the rest later. It was so incomplete my gosh.


have a look at the 2hat guide next, I want to do alot of shit to it but I dont know where to start
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
November 04 2009 18:47 GMT
#160
On November 04 2009 20:43 Julmust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2009 18:00 resonance wrote:
Just edited quite a bit of 3 hatch muta zvt. Will continue the rest later. It was so incomplete my gosh.


have a look at the 2hat guide next, I want to do alot of shit to it but I dont know where to start


Yeah it's very basic and covers almost no variations on the build. It doesn't explain the mentality, or the purpose really. It just says attack which is completely not true at all. Totally depends on the variation of course.

Might wanna tackle variations on the build and using the mutas in a way that will eventually win the game instead of just killing stuff.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech56
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1142
Bisu 876
Hyuk 728
Horang2 712
Larva 601
Leta 187
Sexy 124
EffOrt 119
Zeus 115
Soma 100
[ Show more ]
Mini 90
PianO 81
Pusan 59
Killer 38
ZerO 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 26
sorry 26
Last 23
Hm[arnc] 18
yabsab 18
Trap 14
JulyZerg 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe405
XaKoH 283
League of Legends
JimRising 318
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1389
Other Games
gofns30957
singsing1499
crisheroes241
OGKoka 195
Mew2King111
ArmadaUGS63
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• LUISG 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Jankos1259
• Stunt939
Upcoming Events
Online Event
49m
FEL
5h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 49m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.