• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13352 users

! [G] Stylish's FPVods [06-10 Update] - Page 55

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 76 Next
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
May 18 2009 17:08 GMT
#1081
i would actually like to see a 4 fact push...i seem to struggle on the timing of when to add the factories in this build. I usually do it right when i see nexus going down and it hurts my eco sometimes.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-18 17:09:49
May 18 2009 17:08 GMT
#1082
StrifeX:

Generally, on maps such as python, you dont do a quick 3rd build.
You can do a 4-6factpush and expand in the pushing direction though, old school tvp.

I should have added 4factpush in the poll, however I haven't used it in ages, but I can find out how to do it
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
May 18 2009 17:12 GMT
#1083
Seems like people want different things so far hehe
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-18 17:43:36
May 18 2009 17:43 GMT
#1084
On May 19 2009 02:08 StylishVODs wrote:
StrifeX:

Generally, on maps such as python, you dont do a quick 3rd build.
You can do a 4-6factpush and expand in the pushing direction though, old school tvp.

I should have added 4factpush in the poll, however I haven't used it in ages, but I can find out how to do it



I just need build order part of when to add the 3 more factories...i know most do it when they go 1 fact siege. So if you know when best time add the 3 other facts that is what im mainly looking for.

Also thanks for all your work I really enjoy watching them even the strategies I don't use.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
May 18 2009 17:55 GMT
#1085
Stylish, I just want you to know, if it weren't for you I would've changed my race to Zerg after the last OSL finals. Thanks for being so helpful
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
May 18 2009 18:06 GMT
#1086
Glad to hear that;) I myself am getting much help from watching my VODs now that I've been away for 1 month.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
May 18 2009 18:54 GMT
#1087
Yay we love u stylish
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Hundredth
Profile Joined November 2008
United Kingdom142 Posts
May 18 2009 21:03 GMT
#1088
Do you know any pro/top foreigner game vods/reps that show this TvT build?
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-18 21:14:34
May 18 2009 21:14 GMT
#1089
Hundredth:
There are plenty, watch this for now.
He adjusts it alittle bit, i think faster armory.
Sea.Really is doing it.

According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
May 18 2009 23:49 GMT
#1090
any chance you have any reps of games that you've played using these BOs? particularly the TvP 2 fact low eco?
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
KR_FR
Profile Joined May 2009
France2 Posts
May 18 2009 23:54 GMT
#1091
Hi guys,

I’ve just one question... I just would like to know if someone could do a kind of summary of how is good to react according of you see when scouting in the base of the opponent?

It could be very useful for some noob like me. I can’t find any summary on this subject.

Anyway, I understand what kinds of Build Order to begin according to the map or something else. But my question is how to react and adjust your game style in the best way and the best timing when you see for example an early range update, fast gas or fast zergling speed and other thing?... What is good or not?

I hope you will help me to adjust my reactions. Also thanks a lot for all these good tips about the game.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-19 00:45:11
May 19 2009 00:40 GMT
#1092
Thnx guys, I appreciate the support. I tried to record a VOD today but Guncam is really lagging for me, I will try with camtasia tomorrow.
I only have 3 weeks left to play before I leave for summer.

AtlaS:
I just reformated my computer, I have no reps yet sorry.

KR_FR:
Unless you have some certain situational questions it would be impossible to answer that question, because the question you're asking is: How do I play good in all situations?
And I cannot give one answer to that.

What you can do is chose one build, lets say TvZ 9min Push and TvP 5factpush.

Watch the build and game VOD and listen to the commentary.

Then go to the FAQ thread here and go to TvP and TvZ section.
There you can find alot of questions about how to adjust to things.
I recommend reading the "general" before anything else.

Then open the build you want to learn (in this case TvZ 9minpush and Tvp 5factpush) in the FAQ and read the questions and answers.
Then practice, and if you have trouble tell me about it in this thread or the FAQ thread and I'll try to help you.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
KR_FR
Profile Joined May 2009
France2 Posts
May 19 2009 02:45 GMT
#1093
Hi, thanks for your fast reply.

Mmmm, I see what you mean. I know my question is maybe really impossible to answer, that is the problem.

But the word impossible is nothing for you, right? ^^ I mean, when I watch your replay and when you see the build order of your opponent, you are able to say: ”Ok, he improves the range, so he will do this and this and this...So I have to react by this and this and this...even if I don’t know if I will win just by these early modifications”

I mean, I am actually not able to see these little things. Not playing good in all situations, but only to react and modify, what not, my build order in the same way.

Anyway, thank you for your answer and I will try to improve my game...with your help maybe.
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
May 19 2009 03:55 GMT
#1094
Well most of the decision making will come with experience, but the FAQ seems to address most of the issues

e.g. im assuming range = goon range, 1 gate goon range would mean a slower robo/tech i.e. engineering bay + turrets can be at a normal timing, 2 gate goon range would require perhaps more tanks or mines before expo etc.?

btw im having trouble with early arbs and carriers tvp.. fighting a standard ground army is manageable and i can spread out my army vs storms doing the 5/6 fac push (havent tried flashstrat) but even after reinforcing gols carriers pick off the tanks (which is supposed to happen) and zeal/goon eats up the gols. Perhaps i need the upgrades faster?

arb play is also pretty troublesome, perhaps mining the main with spidermines + a line of turrets is necessary as well?

To Stylish: When a toss expoes into the island e.g. python as his 3rd (standard 5facpush timing) and goes arbiter play is it still safe to do a 5 fac push? i tried to abuse mines in the middle but didnt mine my base up so a single recalle killed me. I'm thinking spamming turrets at my ridge+mine my bases and doing a hard push but this was cross positions (my initial push had about 4 tanks and a handful of vults left after killing everything and getting flanked by zlots). As i got harassed early game and came out pretty even (dt and reaver drop but most scvs still alive) it looked better to just hardpush into his nat instead of expanding and turtling.
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-19 07:22:18
May 19 2009 07:21 GMT
#1095
On May 19 2009 03:06 StylishVODs wrote:
Glad to hear that;) I myself am getting much help from watching my VODs now that I've been away for 1 month.

haha

you really deserve a star
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
May 19 2009 08:39 GMT
#1096
On May 19 2009 09:40 StylishVODs wrote:
Thnx guys, I appreciate the support. I tried to record a VOD today but Guncam is really lagging for me, I will try with camtasia tomorrow.
I only have 3 weeks left to play before I leave for summer.


You'll be very sorely missed
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
May 19 2009 12:50 GMT
#1097
Hi man, I'd really like to see how to pull of the 6fact push. if you dont end up doing a vod of it, can you atleast post up a BO and maybe a short description of what to do
im gay
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-19 14:24:04
May 19 2009 14:22 GMT
#1098
It seems like TvT 1fac 1port is getting the most votes. I will have to learn how to do this properly. As I've told you before, my TvT is probably around B- right now due to the fact that I haven't practiced these builds so much since I'm bored with TvT, but I will study VODs, ask friends and do my best to guide you with a strat and adjustments good for atleast B B+.

There are different builds for 6factpush. One is with the +1 upgrade abit slower push that FlaSh did vs Pure on Chupung, and the other is a Tank/vulture based 6fact push that is faster.
I know the build in detail for the +1attack 6factpush so I will start with that one after the 1fac 1port.

I don't know how early I'll be able to do this though, today I've been working alot and I have to go to the gym + run for about an hour today before I can start with this and tomorrow I work early as hell. But I will try to be finnished atleast by the weekend.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
bugus
Profile Joined November 2008
Romania133 Posts
May 19 2009 14:57 GMT
#1099
thank you for the TvP 2 fac low eco - it really suits me because whenever I play v P they "always" do the power dragoon range of 2 gates and most of the time I lose before any expansions are up
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 19 2009 15:05 GMT
#1100
On May 19 2009 23:22 StylishVODs wrote:
It seems like TvT 1fac 1port is getting the most votes. I will have to learn how to do this properly. As I've told you before, my TvT is probably around B- right now due to the fact that I haven't practiced these builds so much since I'm bored with TvT, but I will study VODs, ask friends and do my best to guide you with a strat and adjustments good for atleast B B+.

There are different builds for 6factpush. One is with the +1 upgrade abit slower push that FlaSh did vs Pure on Chupung, and the other is a Tank/vulture based 6fact push that is faster.
I know the build in detail for the +1attack 6factpush so I will start with that one after the 1fac 1port.

I don't know how early I'll be able to do this though, today I've been working alot and I have to go to the gym + run for about an hour today before I can start with this and tomorrow I work early as hell. But I will try to be finnished atleast by the weekend.

Thanks for the enormous effort you're putting into helping us out. It's indeed immensely appreciated!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 273
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 273
mouzHeroMarine 193
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41149
Bisu 2843
Hyuk 1753
Shuttle 1612
Mini 696
EffOrt 610
Larva 471
Soma 421
firebathero 238
ZerO 223
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 95
Zeus 68
Pusan 58
Sexy 54
sorry 51
Hyun 45
Killer 43
Bale 36
Trap 35
Hm[arnc] 29
PianO 29
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 21
Mong 16
Rock 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m589
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko406
Other Games
gofns42426
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM258
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .135
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King83
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)17
elazer8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 1m
INu's Battles
22h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.