1700 protoss. here's what I can point out:
1. Coulda gone forge nexus cannon since my probe didnt scout many lings
2. core a few seconds late, had the money for it.
3. IDLE CORSAIRS, was too scared of scourge to move out. shouldn't have made as many as I did if i'm just gonna use them to scout then park them in my nat.
4. late templar archives, thankfully didnt matter
5. 10:45, my templar gets sniped and it had a storm
6. 11:58, my obs gets sniped and a misrally or something causes me to lose a handful of units for no reason
7. obs gets sniped again, if my corsairs werent afk at the bottom left they coulda prevented this
8. 14:40 my shuttle is afk at the top of the map for too long, think my logic was i was waiting for shuttle speed. however i am doing good harass with a DT at the bottom base. hes still effectively on 3 bases, i should be in the lead.
9. 15:45, good storm drop but too little too late
10. first of all, at 17:50, my shuttle flies right into his hydras when i knew for a fact he had his army there. stupid of me. second, this engagement sucks. i should have sent units through my third and flanked him. attacking over a bridge sucks.
11. holy shit I have so much money. 6k mins 2k gas
12. afk shuttle again at the bottom right....
13. 23:20, this engage was shit. shoulda just parked it and secured my fourth.
anything after this point doesnt matter.
so heres my summary:
- shit macro
- got contained and lost map control because my corsairs were afk and shuttles didnt do much
- sloppy engagements
what do you guys think? how am I meant to secure a fourth in this matchup? i understand that i am meant to put a robo at each expo, make some reavers, leave a couple HTs and with cannons that can hold off hundreds of zerg units. but what about when the nexus is building? i wont have cannons + simcity up instantly, i wont have the reavers there unless i bring them with a shuttle. you can see i tried making a robo at my fourth but he cancelled it before i could.
this is how a lot of my PvZs go lately. just looking for general advice. this style of play (cracklings, flanks, counter attacks, multiprong attacks) is hard for me to beat. my opponents apm was lower than mine so in theory i should be able to pull it off but I find it so hard to split my army perfectly and control the map.
i was thinking maybe i should just make 3 corsairs and not 5-6 like I did. it seems my multitasking isnt developed enough to take advantage of 6. i can improve still, i have only been playing a month. help me out pls