• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8491 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 8

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 488 Next
theslayer922
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada304 Posts
June 01 2011 02:18 GMT
#141
Is pvz easy for p at the lower levels(d- to c-)?
In the Donger I Trust
AuxPriest
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada38 Posts
June 01 2011 02:26 GMT
#142
On June 01 2011 11:18 theslayer922 wrote:
Is pvz easy for p at the lower levels(d- to c-)?


I wouldn't say any matchup in particular is "easy", but personally I find that if the zerg opts to NOT go lurkers, that a 4 Gate 2 Archon push is very strong, and will severely cripple the zerg, if not outright win you the game.

I personally find PvZ to be the easiest matchup at my level (D-/D), but it is also the matchup I have had the most practice in.

Just remember to keep an eye on those Corsairs so they don't get sniped by Hydras/Scourge. It's frustrating as all hell to choose between playing in the dark or spending more gas on new Corsairs.
AuxPriest
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada38 Posts
June 01 2011 02:30 GMT
#143
On that note, I have a question:

Is 10/15 gate still strong against Terran? I like the two dragoon pressure; however, I was told that it is "outdated" by some players. Is it still a viable opening build?
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
June 01 2011 20:08 GMT
#144
Yeah It's good on rampless maps. Without a bunker+rax block and fast siege it is really annoying and can win you the games sometimes.
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
June 02 2011 00:40 GMT
#145
How do I respond to 1gate tech after a 12 hatch?
I'm D and I spend all my time practicing and playing against Forge FE, I'm so used to that a 1gate anything really throws me =/
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 00:58:17
June 02 2011 00:53 GMT
#146
On June 02 2011 09:40 Azerbaijan wrote:
How do I respond to 1gate tech after a 12 hatch?
I'm D and I spend all my time practicing and playing against Forge FE, I'm so used to that a 1gate anything really throws me =/


Three hatch hydra. Scout DTs, make spores and go lurkers, scout reavers, get hydra ups and burrow and mutas, scout mass gateway, go hydraling, and eventually either bust him with superior eco or easily contain him. Go mutas eventually because there's no way that toss can stop both hydra and muta on one base so get him with tech switches.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
June 02 2011 02:01 GMT
#147
On June 01 2011 10:46 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 08:17 Nazza wrote:
Does anyone actually ever get Medic energy upgrade?

I don't believe so, it's not worth it since you should generally be using the energy before it gathers up to 200 anyway.


I would imagine the only reason to get it would be so the medic spawns with more energy.

It doesn't seem too useful to me though
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
June 02 2011 02:33 GMT
#148
On June 01 2011 11:30 AuxPriest wrote:
On that note, I have a question:

Is 10/15 gate still strong against Terran? I like the two dragoon pressure; however, I was told that it is "outdated" by some players. Is it still a viable opening build?


It still works on some maps like Judgement Day, HBR and Medusa that don't have ramps but if your terran friend can hold it off, then you have to quickly move into your expansion action otherwise be left behind in the econ. Your econ will be quite bad from the start since you cut probes like crazy after you start your goon range so yeah, be aware and have good control to delay his natural expansion as well.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
YejinYejin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1053 Posts
June 02 2011 03:53 GMT
#149
On June 02 2011 09:40 Azerbaijan wrote:
How do I respond to 1gate tech after a 12 hatch?
I'm D and I spend all my time practicing and playing against Forge FE, I'm so used to that a 1gate anything really throws me =/


Day[9] had a really good daily on this. I'm a bit too lazy to find it right now, but I'm just letting you know. It was some game on Fighting Spirit with P at 7, Z at 11. I think the verdict is that 2 base hydra play is very good, with range being the first hydra upgrade you get.

On June 02 2011 11:33 JMave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 11:30 AuxPriest wrote:
On that note, I have a question:

Is 10/15 gate still strong against Terran? I like the two dragoon pressure; however, I was told that it is "outdated" by some players. Is it still a viable opening build?


It still works on some maps like Judgement Day, HBR and Medusa that don't have ramps but if your terran friend can hold it off, then you have to quickly move into your expansion action otherwise be left behind in the econ. Your econ will be quite bad from the start since you cut probes like crazy after you start your goon range so yeah, be aware and have good control to delay his natural expansion as well.


Longinus, Tau Cross, and Aztec are also really good maps for this. At lower levels of play like D, you can often win easily. It's basically my go-to build for PvT on Longinus.
안지호
Morbidius
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil3449 Posts
June 02 2011 19:29 GMT
#150
Whats the best hotkey setup for terran?
I use F2 as my productions facilities and F4 as my rally point, however i have heard that 456789 for buildings is better, the problem with that is the i find myself unable to properly control my army with just 3 hotkeys. Any solutions or tips on how to control my army better?
And should i give up on terran if i just have 120 apm?
Has foreign StarCraft hit rock bottom?
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
June 02 2011 19:46 GMT
#151
On June 03 2011 04:29 Elementsu wrote:
Whats the best hotkey setup for terran?
I use F2 as my productions facilities and F4 as my rally point, however i have heard that 456789 for buildings is better, the problem with that is the i find myself unable to properly control my army with just 3 hotkeys. Any solutions or tips on how to control my army better?
And should i give up on terran if i just have 120 apm?


F2 main, F3 natural, F4 third, change F4 to every next base. Use 4-8 for your first few production buildings, and after you get more then three or four production buildings, use one hotkey to double tap to bring you to your macro buildings. You can change your F2 key to the macro buildings after your army goes over the key you double tap with, or you can just use F2 in the beginning, it's mostly just preference.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
J.Dong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States102 Posts
June 03 2011 21:54 GMT
#152
Compendum of Interesting Starcraft Information
I like corsairs.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
June 04 2011 04:21 GMT
#153
what are the prize structures of the osl and msl like? does only the winner earn money? if not, what is the lowest you can finish and still earn money, and how do those prizes compare to the winner's prize?
brood war for life, brood war forever
noname_
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
469 Posts
June 04 2011 04:42 GMT
#154
On June 01 2011 10:46 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 08:17 Nazza wrote:
Does anyone actually ever get Medic energy upgrade?

I don't believe so, it's not worth it since you should generally be using the energy before it gathers up to 200 anyway.

Actually it`s not just that. The medics when +50 is uprgaded are beginning with more mana. If I can afford it I research it. Great against mass plauge. Thing said protoss users always should do the +50 for temps.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
June 04 2011 12:58 GMT
#155
On June 04 2011 13:21 Crunchums wrote:
what are the prize structures of the osl and msl like? does only the winner earn money? if not, what is the lowest you can finish and still earn money, and how do those prizes compare to the winner's prize?



I can answer your question little by saying second place makes a lot of money as well. Hydra made 60 mil and great mad 40 mil for pdpop. I don't know about 3rd-16th though.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
shinjin
Profile Joined January 2010
United States398 Posts
June 04 2011 19:13 GMT
#156
On June 04 2011 06:54 J.Dong wrote:
Compendum of Interesting Starcraft Information

oh my lord this is amazing haha
give it one more try because the best things in life dont come free.
Pulzlulz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany412 Posts
June 05 2011 18:35 GMT
#157
How many Sunkens should I place at each expansion against each race?
YejinYejin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1053 Posts
June 05 2011 19:20 GMT
#158
On June 04 2011 13:42 noname_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 10:46 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 01 2011 08:17 Nazza wrote:
Does anyone actually ever get Medic energy upgrade?

I don't believe so, it's not worth it since you should generally be using the energy before it gathers up to 200 anyway.

Actually it`s not just that. The medics when +50 is uprgaded are beginning with more mana. If I can afford it I research it. Great against mass plauge. Thing said protoss users always should do the +50 for temps.


It's different, though. With templar, the energy upgrade is a noticeable change. It lets you cast 3 storms in a row from a full-energy templar instead of 2. That is a noticeable difference. With medics, it's just some more healing, and more energy to begin with. It doesn't seem as valuable as the templar energy upgrade.

On June 06 2011 03:35 Pulz wrote:
How many Sunkens should I place at each expansion against each race?


This is hardly a "simple" question. You should probably get the answer to this by reading liquipedia, watching pro games, reading guides, and just generally improving.
안지호
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
June 05 2011 22:30 GMT
#159
On June 01 2011 11:18 theslayer922 wrote:
Is pvz easy for p at the lower levels(d- to c-)?


PvZ is very difficult for Z at lower levels IMO. If a P gets a third unless I have a large advantage I pretty much always lose because I don't have the mechanics to fight a 3 base protoss on even footing. I would assume that most D level Zergs don't have the mechanics to beat a 3 base protoss either.
I'm a Crab made of men.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
June 05 2011 23:36 GMT
#160
What are the differences between Stop and Hold Position?
The difference will impact your unit's rate of fire. Hold position will make your unit's first shot faster, but consecutive shots will be slower, and Stop will make your unit's consecutive shots faster, but your first shot slower. When a unit is ordered to Hold Position, it runs a loop to acquire a target, perform the attack, and then stop moving, the additional command to stop moving requires additional frames, making your unit's consecutive attacks slower, but because Hold Position first acquires a target, its initial attack will be faster. Stop will order your unit to first stop doing everything immediately, which also stops it from acquiring a first target until it goes idle, increasing the time for a first attack, however it will not order your unit to stop moving after every attack, making consecutive attacks faster.
The above explanation may not represent the exact behaviour, but here is the short version:
Stop: Stop -> Go to Idle -> Acquire Target -> Attack -> Attack -> ...
Hold Position: Stop -> Acquire Target -> Attack -> Stop -> Attack -> Stop -> ...


from the above link compendium of interesting sc info.
That doesn't seem right to me... all this time I've been using hold position, I've been making my army weaker?

Also, I was pretty sure probes accelerate faster.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
ViBE54
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 188
Dewaltoss 81
Hyuk 62
Bale 14
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3944
Counter-Strike
Fnx 708
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5777
Khaldor784
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
summit1g7950
FrodaN2275
shahzam509
KnowMe312
C9.Mang0228
ArmadaUGS109
JimRising 109
UpATreeSC95
Trikslyr45
ZombieGrub43
PPMD37
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH345
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie889
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 47m
Online Event
12h 47m
FEL
17h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.