• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:13
CEST 09:13
KST 16:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10839 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 11

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 488 Next
k.taeyang
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Peru145 Posts
June 16 2011 06:03 GMT
#201
What is the biggest (yet common) mistake when you use hotkeys? and F2-F4 ctrls?
I am a protoss player and early game I 4,5,6 my early gateways and 0,9 my first two nexuses so that I macro efficiently, while 1,2,3 are unit control groups and 7,8 are either more nexuses,gateways or tech facilities.

Late game I tend to use a lot of F controls to screen my gateways and where they go but it's way slower, and I tend to make mistakes as I 1,2,3 my army and when I want to save the rally points of my new gateways I tend to 1-9 all of them and forgot I had an army in the middle of the fight (lol) as they die over because of my mismicro.

As you may help me with protoss, how do even zerg or terran manage this complex system? More practice I guess? (duh)
노력은 절대 배신 하지 않다 - 이제동 Hardwork never betrays - Lee Jae Dong
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 16 2011 06:09 GMT
#202
On June 16 2011 14:33 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 14:04 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm learning Terran with the basic opener of ILooveoov (Factory expand).
Except the Protoss AI zealot rushes me hardcore. I can usually fend off the main part of the wave with a complete wall-off of 4 marines + 1 Siege tank in time (maybe two if I work on my macro).

But the AI is pretty dumb and once he kills off my force, he focuses down my Barracks instead of going for my mineral line.

If a player Zealot rushes, how can I hold it off with my current build order? Do I deviate and make more marines?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Iloveoov_Build

I would advise against practising against the AI, a human opponent is very unlikely to do the 3 Gate Zealot build that they do (you can also hold off the AI's Zealots with a single Marine behind your wall, they'll just freak out in their attempt to reach it lol)

If a human does do that build though then you probably want to adapt your build into 2 fact vutls, or drop them with vultures or even 3 fact vult, or wait till you have a decent number of tanks before lifting your rax and floating the CC out to expo. If a Protoss goes 3 Gate Zealot like that and you have your wall up then you're in a really good position, just delay your expo and take advantage of their lack of Dragoons with Vultures.

You should upload a rep so we can see the state of your play and then we can help you more.


Considering that I'm still horrendously new and barely working out of the gate, I'm starting with the A.I until I can get my bearings.

I have 3 replays. 2 wins against a Protoss and a Zerg and I believe one loss (all against a.i)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
June 16 2011 06:27 GMT
#203
On June 16 2011 15:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 14:33 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 16 2011 14:04 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm learning Terran with the basic opener of ILooveoov (Factory expand).
Except the Protoss AI zealot rushes me hardcore. I can usually fend off the main part of the wave with a complete wall-off of 4 marines + 1 Siege tank in time (maybe two if I work on my macro).

But the AI is pretty dumb and once he kills off my force, he focuses down my Barracks instead of going for my mineral line.

If a player Zealot rushes, how can I hold it off with my current build order? Do I deviate and make more marines?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Iloveoov_Build

I would advise against practising against the AI, a human opponent is very unlikely to do the 3 Gate Zealot build that they do (you can also hold off the AI's Zealots with a single Marine behind your wall, they'll just freak out in their attempt to reach it lol)

If a human does do that build though then you probably want to adapt your build into 2 fact vutls, or drop them with vultures or even 3 fact vult, or wait till you have a decent number of tanks before lifting your rax and floating the CC out to expo. If a Protoss goes 3 Gate Zealot like that and you have your wall up then you're in a really good position, just delay your expo and take advantage of their lack of Dragoons with Vultures.

You should upload a rep so we can see the state of your play and then we can help you more.


Considering that I'm still horrendously new and barely working out of the gate, I'm starting with the A.I until I can get my bearings.

I have 3 replays. 2 wins against a Protoss and a Zerg and I believe one loss (all against a.i)

Fair enough, it will allow you to practice the build order but just be aware you will have to adapt it because of the computer's play style, you'll have to delay your expo because the zealots can get all up in you when a human player would have some goons that could be held back by tanks.

And uh, have you just been set up with a drone for life? o_O
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 16 2011 06:34 GMT
#204
Is the BO I'm doing standard/acceptable for all Match-ups? I don't go vultures when my factory goes up, but rather rely on marines and bunkers.

On a side-note, I have a lot of trouble keeping my gas low. When I start getting gas, I only put two guys on gas because of how fast it stockpiles.

That's really it. The build is pretty straight-forward and is really comfortable for me. My only problem is working all the units out and learning how to push out with a slow strong force.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 06:46:03
June 16 2011 06:45 GMT
#205
On June 16 2011 15:34 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is the BO I'm doing standard/acceptable for all Match-ups? I don't go vultures when my factory goes up, but rather rely on marines and bunkers.

On a side-note, I have a lot of trouble keeping my gas low. When I start getting gas, I only put two guys on gas because of how fast it stockpiles.

That's really it. The build is pretty straight-forward and is really comfortable for me. My only problem is working all the units out and learning how to push out with a slow strong force.

Well it's a TvP BO (you can do a very similar one TvT but you don't need to wall and should float your rax to their base as a scout) and you don't really want to use a bunker unless your going 1 Rax CC (and it should be out in your natural to defend that position).

As for the gas thing, generally what you want to do is take two SCVs off it after collecting your first 88 gas (so second comes off at 96), put your factory down when you have 100, and then keep them off until around the time your factory completes then put them both back on, with siege, mines and speed to tech, factories to build and tanks to make you shouldn't have much trouble keeping your gas low.

I will play a quick game against the AI with a version of this build that I think that is optimized against them as an example for you.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 06:59:51
June 16 2011 06:48 GMT
#206
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

[url blocked]

My first three games on SC BW ;D!
As you can see, I play horrendously, I forgot how to shift hotkey a location, so the first two games are without it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 07:05:04
June 16 2011 07:02 GMT
#207
On June 16 2011 15:48 Torte de Lini wrote:
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Where is the replays folder for SCBW?

C:\Program Files\Starcraft\maps\replays

Okay so here it is, 1 fact siege expand against Protoss AI, I only make one marine and no bunker, requires a little micro to hold off the zealots but it's pretty much the build you'd use against a human opponent.

[image loading]


On June 16 2011 15:48 Torte de Lini wrote:
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

[url blocked]

My first three games on SC BW ;D!
As you can see, I play horrendously, I forgot how to shift hotkey a location, so the first two games are without it.

Cool man, I'll take a look tomorrow (aka later today), it's 8 AM here and I've been up all night and I have to work later today so I'm gonna get some sleep T_T
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 07:04:13
June 16 2011 07:03 GMT
#208
On June 16 2011 16:02 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 15:48 Torte de Lini wrote:
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Where is the replays folder for SCBW?

C:\Program Files\Starcraft\maps\replays

Okay so here it is, 1 fact siege expand against Protoss AI, I only make one marine and no bunker, requires a little micro to hold off the zealots but it's pretty much the build you'd use against a human opponent.

[image loading]


Oh, I should have used Rep. Depot.
I just put them in a rar file and batched them together:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2W40EP9W

My first three games on SC BW ;D!
As you can see, I play horrendously, I forgot how to shift hotkey a location, so the first two games are without it.


I'm going to bed, but I will check this out ASAP!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
June 16 2011 08:14 GMT
#209
On June 16 2011 15:03 k.taeyang wrote:
What is the biggest (yet common) mistake when you use hotkeys? and F2-F4 ctrls?
I am a protoss player and early game I 4,5,6 my early gateways and 0,9 my first two nexuses so that I macro efficiently, while 1,2,3 are unit control groups and 7,8 are either more nexuses,gateways or tech facilities.

Late game I tend to use a lot of F controls to screen my gateways and where they go but it's way slower, and I tend to make mistakes as I 1,2,3 my army and when I want to save the rally points of my new gateways I tend to 1-9 all of them and forgot I had an army in the middle of the fight (lol) as they die over because of my mismicro.

As you may help me with protoss, how do even zerg or terran manage this complex system? More practice I guess? (duh)


Well a common way to use F2-F4 was like this:
F2: Main base
F3: Natural
F4: Gateways

This allowed for an easier way to transfer Probes in case of harassment (say Reaver drops or Vultures). Since generally you set your rally points at your natural, F3 is an easy way to get there. As far as setting rally points, I would just hit F4, hotkey four Gateways to 3 4 5 6 (although this is obviously personal preference), hit F3, rally them, rinse and repeat.
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
June 16 2011 13:22 GMT
#210
How do you deal with 1 basing Ps? Let me be a little more specific, none of the pros ever one base anymore so they can just go under the assumption that there oponnent will never 1 base but on the D-D+ range Ps 1 basing is quite frequent. So how do you deal with the possible threat of 1 base play when you often need to send your drone out to the 3rd if you want to be even with a FE even before you see what your opponent is doing?
I'm a Crab made of men.
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
June 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#211
On June 16 2011 22:22 Crabman123 wrote:
How do you deal with 1 basing Ps? Let me be a little more specific, none of the pros ever one base anymore so they can just go under the assumption that there oponnent will never 1 base but on the D-D+ range Ps 1 basing is quite frequent. So how do you deal with the possible threat of 1 base play when you often need to send your drone out to the 3rd if you want to be even with a FE even before you see what your opponent is doing?


Any two base hydra build to deal with the fast corsair, then go hydra range and spore up a little bit... you can afford to play very safe because protoss can't get out much on one base.
if he goes DT's, spore up and eventually lurker bust him... the only way he can hold the lurker bust is to cannon up, and if he does that, just contain him and eventually bust him through sheer econ.
if he goes reavers, get burrow and don't lose too much to reaver harass and you should be way ahead.
mass gateway can be held off with just hydra ling. as long as you don't lose too much, you should be fine.
the winning key against one base protoss is to not lose too much and use superior eco and tech switches from muta to hydra and back to destroy him. he cannot have enough gas to get corsairs and hts on one base.. if he somehow does have both, then you are doing something wrong or you have to start scouting expos with a ling
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
June 16 2011 19:10 GMT
#212
On June 17 2011 03:17 lyAsakura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 22:22 Crabman123 wrote:
How do you deal with 1 basing Ps? Let me be a little more specific, none of the pros ever one base anymore so they can just go under the assumption that there oponnent will never 1 base but on the D-D+ range Ps 1 basing is quite frequent. So how do you deal with the possible threat of 1 base play when you often need to send your drone out to the 3rd if you want to be even with a FE even before you see what your opponent is doing?


Any two base hydra build to deal with the fast corsair, then go hydra range and spore up a little bit... you can afford to play very safe because protoss can't get out much on one base.
if he goes DT's, spore up and eventually lurker bust him... the only way he can hold the lurker bust is to cannon up, and if he does that, just contain him and eventually bust him through sheer econ.
if he goes reavers, get burrow and don't lose too much to reaver harass and you should be way ahead.
mass gateway can be held off with just hydra ling. as long as you don't lose too much, you should be fine.
the winning key against one base protoss is to not lose too much and use superior eco and tech switches from muta to hydra and back to destroy him. he cannot have enough gas to get corsairs and hts on one base.. if he somehow does have both, then you are doing something wrong or you have to start scouting expos with a ling


Thats not really what I was asking. What I really want to know is how do you deal with the threat of a 1 base play. Not actually dealing with a 1 base play. Should you drone scout on 10 or something to determine whether he is 1 basing or FFE. Because I often have to cancel my 3rd because he is 1 basing and that leaves me a little behind, but if I don't send a drone to the 3rd and plant it down I will be behind FFE. But I just want to know the rational about pros never drone scouting vs P and how they are so confident against 1 base play that they are willing to play a blind risk.
I'm a Crab made of men.
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
June 16 2011 19:14 GMT
#213
Forget about copying pros, just drone scout as your putting your hatch down. 1 base play is map specific too otherwise it'll lose it's effectiveness on certain maps.
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
June 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#214
On June 16 2011 15:03 k.taeyang wrote:
What is the biggest (yet common) mistake when you use hotkeys? and F2-F4 ctrls?
I am a protoss player and early game I 4,5,6 my early gateways and 0,9 my first two nexuses so that I macro efficiently, while 1,2,3 are unit control groups and 7,8 are either more nexuses,gateways or tech facilities.

Late game I tend to use a lot of F controls to screen my gateways and where they go but it's way slower, and I tend to make mistakes as I 1,2,3 my army and when I want to save the rally points of my new gateways I tend to 1-9 all of them and forgot I had an army in the middle of the fight (lol) as they die over because of my mismicro.

As you may help me with protoss, how do even zerg or terran manage this complex system? More practice I guess? (duh)

Changing rally points is easily done by setting one F key over your production, then another one over the new rally point and switching back and forth between them, selecting a new building each time. Then just reset your F keys to the bases they were on before.
erikzbi
Profile Joined May 2011
China43 Posts
June 17 2011 09:40 GMT
#215
wait a sec: can F2, F3, and all F be used just like 0-9 as forces?
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
June 17 2011 09:58 GMT
#216
On June 17 2011 18:40 erikzbi wrote:
wait a sec: can F2, F3, and all F be used just like 0-9 as forces?

No, screen locations only.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 10:20:01
June 17 2011 10:19 GMT
#217
On June 17 2011 04:10 Crabman123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2011 03:17 lyAsakura wrote:
On June 16 2011 22:22 Crabman123 wrote:
How do you deal with 1 basing Ps? Let me be a little more specific, none of the pros ever one base anymore so they can just go under the assumption that there oponnent will never 1 base but on the D-D+ range Ps 1 basing is quite frequent. So how do you deal with the possible threat of 1 base play when you often need to send your drone out to the 3rd if you want to be even with a FE even before you see what your opponent is doing?


Any two base hydra build to deal with the fast corsair, then go hydra range and spore up a little bit... you can afford to play very safe because protoss can't get out much on one base.
if he goes DT's, spore up and eventually lurker bust him... the only way he can hold the lurker bust is to cannon up, and if he does that, just contain him and eventually bust him through sheer econ.
if he goes reavers, get burrow and don't lose too much to reaver harass and you should be way ahead.
mass gateway can be held off with just hydra ling. as long as you don't lose too much, you should be fine.
the winning key against one base protoss is to not lose too much and use superior eco and tech switches from muta to hydra and back to destroy him. he cannot have enough gas to get corsairs and hts on one base.. if he somehow does have both, then you are doing something wrong or you have to start scouting expos with a ling


Thats not really what I was asking. What I really want to know is how do you deal with the threat of a 1 base play. Not actually dealing with a 1 base play. Should you drone scout on 10 or something to determine whether he is 1 basing or FFE. Because I often have to cancel my 3rd because he is 1 basing and that leaves me a little behind, but if I don't send a drone to the 3rd and plant it down I will be behind FFE. But I just want to know the rational about pros never drone scouting vs P and how they are so confident against 1 base play that they are willing to play a blind risk.

Just to aid you in your scouting.

If say you play on FS against P, you should send your overlord to the area outside the bridge then move off to the location behind the next main's natural i.e. if you spawn at bottom right, send your overlord to the bridge area then to the bottom left natural.

If you either go 11 pool or 12 hatch, send a drone to build the hatch if 12 hatch and the one other drone from your 2 larvae after the overlord to scout. If you 11 pool, send 1 drone after pool is down. The drone should go to the direction perpendicular of your overlord scouting path.

Once your overlord reaches there, 2 scenarios:
a) Sees probe
b) No probe

This portion is very important for you to note the angle of his probe arrival so you can determine where he spawned. If you are fortunate enough and spot a probe, then you can determine that he spawned at either linear spawning locations and not diagonally. In this case, the drone should be sent to the other linear spot just to scout that base and the overlord should reach his natural in time for you to see his simcity.

If you see no probe, then still follow the drone scout at the perpendicular direction of overlord. If your Overlord spots a probe moving towards it mid-way to that natural or if your drone meets his probe half-way to the perpendicular base, then his spawning location is at the diagonal spot. In this case, you should move your drone right to the diagonal spot and see if his natural setup is up or not.

This should be in time for you to determine if your third hatch should be in base or at a third location.

EDIT: I'm actually in a rush now and I know that was a shitty explanation with so many terms ill draw it on the map once im home.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 12:48:10
June 17 2011 12:24 GMT
#218
Okay now that I'm back, hopefully I can explain this scouting pattern that I myself use and I adapted it from Savior actually from seeing him playing on afreeca.
[image loading]
Assuming you spawn at the orange cross, your overlord should follow the yellow scouting path in that direction up till the yellow circle area. In FS, it is a standard that your overlord should always move towards the natural of the main in which your overlord should arrive behind the natural min line. This way, you are keeping your overlord safe.

To fully utilise this scouting, moving to the yellow circle helps you to spot the timing of his probe. If you spot his probe with the first scouting overlord at the yellow circle, it means a few things.
1. He spawned at bottom left
2. He spawned at top right
3. He fast expanded at either of these two expansions.

At this point, it is fortune on your side. It is critical to be keeping a look on your overlord nearing the yellow circle so that you can judge the angle of his probe arrival to determine either spawning locations.

If however, you do not see any probe, then you will need to drone scout to fully reconcile the overlord scouting pattern. The drone timing is standard as with 11 pool and 12 hatch, with using one of the two drones that pop after the second overlord.

The drone scout should follow the pink path. From here, you need to keep an eye on your overlord and drone to see which unit intercepts the probe. In both cases if either your drone or overlord intercepts his probe(location at green and red cross), then his spawn location is confirmed to be diagonally across. In which case, you should send your drone right to the top left location and check out if he has a simcity or not.

The timings of this should be just before your pool is at 75%, allowing you to decide if your third hatch should be in base against a 1 base play or at a third base if he fast expanded.

NOTE: If neither drone nor overlord intercept a probe but a probe arrives at your base, check for proxies in the middle.Sorry the underlined section is wrong. I forgot to add that if neither your overlord nor your drone meet a probe at mid-way but then your drone meets the probe at the natural that it is headed to, then he spawned at the location in which your overlord is moving to. This can be applied to 4 player maps as well but your first overlord needs to move to an intersection in which two nearest spawning locations would have the scouting probe move to if he decides to scout to your location first.

Okay hopefully this paints a better picture.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
June 18 2011 00:07 GMT
#219
On May 09 2011 10:28 hacklebeast wrote:
If that's what he was asking, it would look something like this:

3 hatch>14cc>12hatch>1 rax fe>12pool>overpool>2 rax>9 pool>bbs>5pool

I am pretty sure you do not mean it this way but theoretically you are saying a 14 CC is stronger than a 5 or 9 pool.
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
Danger_Duck
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Burkina Faso571 Posts
June 18 2011 00:15 GMT
#220
On June 16 2011 12:25 Elementsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 09:49 NationInArms wrote:
Q: How should a Terran defend his third on Fighting Spirit(the base that has two ramps) against Protoss? I usually put Supply Depots to block the ramp, set up 3 tanks, and a few turrets to prevent drops. I also put a few mines, maybe 5, in front of the ramp also. However, the Protoss always sends in Zealots first to drag the mines and then uses dragoons to take out the Supply Depots and rushes in with zealots...

I have the same doubt but its related to the terran 4th, it just seems impossible to take it on a map like FS against because i just can`t make my army sit there otherwise toss will attack my main and nat. Any suggestions?


To be honest, Terran is made to max out push with 3. Taking a 4th and more should not be done until your push begins, when the entire protoss army has to focus on defending the push. Even a slow push/contain allows you to take defenseless expos.
TBA
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft700
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor90
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King173
Westballz38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor743
Other Games
summit1g10149
C9.Mang0256
Sick171
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Stunt516
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 47m
Online Event
3h 47m
FEL
8h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.