• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7382 users

Can ZZZero Keep Organizing BW Tours Full Time ? - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
72 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
HOLYBATS
Profile Joined August 2021
Turkey846 Posts
November 01 2022 16:47 GMT
#21
Arrange the tournament betable. High risk high reward type matchups maps etc.
Prepare the pitch.
Present to the major bet sponsors even koreans.
Get the investment deal w commission.
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-01 22:26:23
November 01 2022 20:08 GMT
#22
Yearly goal: $36,000... Payouts for 3 seasons: $19,500... $16,500 remaining for yourself before paying 5-7% donation commission, casters, sister for admin work, organizing offline LAN, arranging a gaming house, etc. I think you previously mentioned your wife was doing graphics and animations. Even if you met your monthly goal of $3000, wouldn't you only be making like 1/3 of what you did at your previous job? You previously made $2,500 a month which is $30,000 a year. After everything above considered you'd be making close to $10,000 a year.
It doesn't seem like a sustainable or livable income as a full time job even IF you met your goal.
I hope you figure it out. Best of luck and long live BSL!!!
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
November 02 2022 14:32 GMT
#23
On November 02 2022 05:08 EndingLife wrote:
Yearly goal: $36,000... Payouts for 3 seasons: $19,500... $16,500 remaining for yourself before paying 5-7% donation commission, casters, sister for admin work, organizing offline LAN, arranging a gaming house, etc. I think you previously mentioned your wife was doing graphics and animations. Even if you met your monthly goal of $3000, wouldn't you only be making like 1/3 of what you did at your previous job? You previously made $2,500 a month which is $30,000 a year. After everything above considered you'd be making close to $10,000 a year.
It doesn't seem like a sustainable or livable income as a full time job even IF you met your goal.
I hope you figure it out. Best of luck and long live BSL!!!

Cost of living is quite a lot cheaper there than in the states. same applies to most countries. I'm not an expert but I've heard 10k is even above average.
But for sure zzzero's effort in the bw scene is worth way more than that
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
November 02 2022 17:50 GMT
#24
Yes he can!
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4290 Posts
November 03 2022 11:19 GMT
#25
Good Luck!

Definitely deserve to do so.
masoka82
Profile Joined June 2020
Spain606 Posts
November 03 2022 11:24 GMT
#26
I need see BSL OFFLINE! gl zzzero!
you can do it
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-03 13:47:53
November 03 2022 11:53 GMT
#27
Since we are all staying opinions,
I am in the opinion of BSL is able to become sustainable but one year isn’t enough to ‘become a full time streamer’. Though BSL has been going on so long, the majority of donations honorably have always went towards the next prize pool. If the prize pool was covered then ZZZero would be sitting happy accepting donations. BSL16 is covered so let’s keep the donations coming so we can see BSL next year!

Now is the time to come together and show our support for this guy, he is really shouldering a community right now.

—> https://www.patreon.com/bombastic

BSL Forever!

PS Someone on this forum has a business and could use the sponsor as a tax write off, what’s up?
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5954 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-04 14:25:21
November 04 2022 14:24 GMT
#28
Perhaps this just needs a bit more time?

I don't know if all your backers would agree, but having 2 tournaments a year or lowering the prize pools by a bit sounds perfectly reasonable if you cannot yet make ends meet with this endeavour.

Some good things have been said in this thread. Imho the players need a bit more personality to attract more attention. I believe interviews can help a ton there until the bootcamp goal can be met. KeSPA-era would not have been the same if there weren't winners' interviews every pro- winnersleague for example.

Thanks for all the effort you put in!
FBH #1!
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
November 04 2022 14:55 GMT
#29
What we really yearn for is ZZZero complaining about Protoss every stream.
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
NWVenOm1
Profile Joined July 2020
Poland1 Post
November 05 2022 14:06 GMT
#30
To be perfectly honest with you. I do not think you earned that much in Poland, but well if you do - great - maybe gross, but not net.

Secondly, I do think, that the most part of this lets so called job is already done, and graphics etc is already there. You do not have to work full time on it. The league is just running and players are playing, so beside that - you got admins, graphics and casters. So what exactly you do when community wants to pay you that much per month?

I mean be serious. A lot of players during the streams etc donates and subscribe. You did 2 or 3 leagues with additional tours, but that is going after hours. I personally think that you can take 2,5k from community and works 8-16 wiith same content you gave as already.

It is simply enough to make 1 or 2 BSL leagues which take for example 2 months per each league not 3 weeks. It is really enough with some extra short tours it will be enough.

I do appreciate what you do, but I think it is just begging for money to let you leave in very goood level in Poland, while in fact you do not work 168 hours per day on BSL. Come on. We can support you but I think that you over estimated it very much.

Thanks again for what you do, but I think you should reconsider what you posted.
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-05 16:39:23
November 05 2022 16:24 GMT
#31
So BSL 16 is already covered and the patreon is for future BSL seasons? What?
Have you thought about working part time while running BSL? It might be enough supplemental income to match what you were previously making while working your full time job in the real world.
I think better advertising, marketing and sponsors is what's needed most to keep the project growing.
Maybe even hire a small team as an investment to work on this as whatever is currently in place isn't working or showing much signs of growth.
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
November 05 2022 18:29 GMT
#32
On November 05 2022 23:06 NWVenOm1 wrote:
So what exactly you do when community wants to pay you that much per month?



Considering he (and i assume others) created BSL in the first place, ran it for years putting sweat, tears and devoted their own time to making it nice, i assume he is asking the community to secure a better future for his family.

so yeah, noble intention, perhaps overestimated the ability to support oneself and others through creating content, happens all the time.

My opinion ZZZero is that Blizzard is the only entity that can keep supporting the BSL for more than 5 years. you should insist with them. for them what you are asking is peanuts, and they have a solid reason to back you and the foreign Broodwar community.

People give as much as they see fit, and that is a good boost to finances, along with youtube ads, and trovo. [on a side note, i find that financially moving to trovo made no sense, as you might have got an immediate boost, but most content creators form the core of their income through donations, people' s passions. And Twitch has basically a monopoly on online streaming, at least in the West. on twitch there is loads of people, streams, and it is that what creates hype in something.]

So my opinion keeps being that the only ones that can solve your case, is Blizzard themselves, no matter how shitty Blizzard has treated Broodwar itself since the release of remaster. you should insist and repitch with them. In Starcraft, your organization is bigger and more relevant that Blizzard at the moment (excluding Korea, which has no interest in financially supporting foreign Broodwar)

i will also add that the last tournament i watched was the Latin American Tour, which had some incredible games (go watch it if you missed it). i personally have found that since you started doing this full time, Quantity has increased dramatically, but Quality has lowered considerbly.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
WhistlerR-
Profile Joined August 2021
12 Posts
November 05 2022 18:49 GMT
#33
trovo is killing bsl
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
November 06 2022 00:48 GMT
#34
Maybe if we do another forum post and have a bunch of people backing it..
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
oxKnu
Profile Joined December 2017
1267 Posts
November 06 2022 04:35 GMT
#35
My advice:

1. Consider down-sizing BSL in these times: there's a financial crisis going on that is affecting the low and middle-class, which I assume is where most BW fans are.
2. No more Trovo. Unless they pay 5K per tournament, then their contribution is not worth it. The reality is, nothing comes close to Twitch and Youtube when it comes to gaming live streams.
3. Focus on the quality of the tournament: when we had half of BSL being China and then the other the rest of the world, the quality of the games was very good. In case of BW, I think expansion doesn't work quite well.
4. Diversify the content: add some showmatches now and again in the weekends: easier to organize and frees up the ability to bring in some new faces: some semi-pro level Koreans, RaceWars, Continental Battles. Maybe invite Artosis to host some of the special events (he'll make his money from the stream alone, don't worry).
5. Implement crypto donations, even consider creating some sort of collectibles related to BSL. (yes, NFTS etc)

The path forward is consistent growth and putting forward a great product (meaning good quality games, some drama, something to throw money at etc).

Given the size of the community and the nature of the job the possibility for a consistent income stream is low. However these things depend a lot on random things that you have no control over (like someone having a blast watching the streams and putting in big donations, the overall appetite for gaming etc)
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1624 Posts
November 06 2022 13:34 GMT
#36
I agree the Trovo arguments, I always treated moving there as a last resort. They tried to recruit me for over 2 years and I always declined, as I had my stable income + BSL always had sponsor which completed one part to the each BSL Season Organization (second part was a donation goal). However this year I wasn't able to find any additional sponsor for incoming BSL Seasons. In addition I knew that this is the last moment to leave my job and try making BSL full time a thing - as Karolcia was pregnant, and I knew that risk like that wouldn't be possible after the baby will be born. That's why I tried organizing some side events on Trovo, to check out what they can offer. From 2 options: a) making some side events on trovo and main events on twitch and being able to sustain myself with the addition of current support from Patreon b) asking community for the additional support and be kinda 'independend' in terms of platform - I still prefered option a) as I find it incredibely hard to ask for support which goes for me. However Trovo cancelled their Partner Programs with the end of May.
After May they offered me option that they can finance some side event which will be casted exclusively on their platform (That's how I got funding for BSL 2v2), they were satisfied and offered the same option again (That's how I got funding for BSL Surprise Tour). So having two options 1) Not have BSL Tours 2) Have BSL Tours but on Trovo, I choosed option nr. 2 - according to the strategy of making as many good events as possible to keep players busy, give them reason to practice.
So I understand that you feel like Trovo is bad for BSL - maybe it actually is, cuz it's additional effort of organizing those events - but without Trovo there would be no side events which were casted there. However I never agreed to move BSL ProLeague on Trovo, cuz I'm aware it would kill 'new audience income'.

So don't worry, BSL Season 16 will be casted exclusively on Twitch.tv/ZZZeroPL
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
sas.Sziky
Profile Joined October 2011
Hungary337 Posts
November 06 2022 14:37 GMT
#37
I think it's time for Chinese to help us (I mean some sponsors). Especially that they also help their own players since there are more competitions for them as well. Need someone whos casting to the Chinese people on their own platform.
this would be nothing to them, as they have 100 competitions a year ( we still can't play any of Chinese event ) sorry im not complain or just little just bad to see how Chinese players have 100 tour + always play vs Korean Pros,semi pros( in contrast we have only the wonderful ladder which is slowly unplayable) and we only have 3-4 tour / year which we are slowly sharing with everyone.
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4290 Posts
November 06 2022 15:08 GMT
#38
On November 06 2022 03:49 WhistlerR- wrote:
trovo is killing bsl

idk about "killing".. but it was doing way better on twitch, I think..
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4290 Posts
November 06 2022 15:10 GMT
#39
On November 06 2022 22:34 ZZZero.O wrote:
I agree the Trovo arguments, I always treated moving there as a last resort. They tried to recruit me for over 2 years and I always declined, as I had my stable income + BSL always had sponsor which completed one part to the each BSL Season Organization (second part was a donation goal). However this year I wasn't able to find any additional sponsor for incoming BSL Seasons. In addition I knew that this is the last moment to leave my job and try making BSL full time a thing - as Karolcia was pregnant, and I knew that risk like that wouldn't be possible after the baby will be born. That's why I tried organizing some side events on Trovo, to check out what they can offer. From 2 options: a) making some side events on trovo and main events on twitch and being able to sustain myself with the addition of current support from Patreon b) asking community for the additional support and be kinda 'independend' in terms of platform - I still prefered option a) as I find it incredibely hard to ask for support which goes for me. However Trovo cancelled their Partner Programs with the end of May.
After May they offered me option that they can finance some side event which will be casted exclusively on their platform (That's how I got funding for BSL 2v2), they were satisfied and offered the same option again (That's how I got funding for BSL Surprise Tour). So having two options 1) Not have BSL Tours 2) Have BSL Tours but on Trovo, I choosed option nr. 2 - according to the strategy of making as many good events as possible to keep players busy, give them reason to practice.
So I understand that you feel like Trovo is bad for BSL - maybe it actually is, cuz it's additional effort of organizing those events - but without Trovo there would be no side events which were casted there. However I never agreed to move BSL ProLeague on Trovo, cuz I'm aware it would kill 'new audience income'.

So don't worry, BSL Season 16 will be casted exclusively on Twitch.tv/ZZZeroPL

Good news

Thank You.
tztrztfdfgsqwreq
Profile Joined November 2022
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-07 11:37:16
November 07 2022 11:31 GMT
#40
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1315
910 96
Hyun 90
NotJumperer 52
Bale 39
Noble 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7470
Coldzera 740
JimRising 621
hungrybox616
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2128
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 46m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.