• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7965 users

Hwasin Apologizes for Match Fixing - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
August 23 2013 07:45 GMT
#61
I feel sorry for these young, over worked and underpaid guys. What they did was terrible. But no one deserves that.

I will always remember Hwasin as an incredible terran player.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
August 23 2013 07:50 GMT
#62
On August 23 2013 16:29 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2013 16:28 Levistus wrote:
Guys can you tell me what his 2nd match fixing game was? Was it against Luxury when Savior told him Luxury's opening or was it against Kal?


I think it was him vs Leta?

Q: Did something like this happen again?

A: After that first one ended, Ma Jae Hoon came to find me and told me the opponent's opener. reference Usually it's often possible for openings to get leaked during practice before a televised match happened, so I didn't think of much of it. But that time even knowing the opponenet's opener I still lost. Afterwards it became a rumor that I won alot of money from that match. The weird thing is that I actually didn't do anything wrong this time, but I still felt really bad, I thought that I was too naive and had to make up for my losses. So I lost a map to my teammate (P)Kal reference.


I mean which one among these two. Cause he said he still lost even after knowing Luxury's opening build. I'm actually confused now that I've watched the video and he won. Wrong video maybe?
hey man just curious
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
August 23 2013 07:53 GMT
#63
On August 23 2013 16:25 shaftofpleasure wrote:
So many T1s here .. Where are the STX People??

Red Sniper forever~

What STX fans? Ohh, you mean those two.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 08:13:51
August 23 2013 08:11 GMT
#64
Being a pro gamer is very unfair. You invest a lot of time and the chances to make money are S-L-I-M. The only reason these guys played BW was for the love of the game. That being said... Hwasin... you gave 7 years of your life to give us the most entertaining sport I have ever seen. To this day NOTHING comes close to the greatness of BW SPL, OSL and MSL. We got amazing entertainment - for free - while B-teamers, practice partners and probably some A-teamers were giving away their life. B-teamers and practice partners did it all without a salary, I'm pretty sure. Where are these lesser known gamers today - that built the leagues we so love? They are trying to catch up. Going to work, studying, trying to survive. We assume that KeSPA and the teams took care of them - but we all know that sleeping 4 in a room and playing video games all day - as a young kid - without a whole lot of money is unfair. And once you leave the team house, you're on your own again.

You were amazing at what you did. You were gods to us. And you DESERVED more than what you got. And you deserve more than what you get from fans now that we don't see you as much. I wish I could hear more about ex-BW players from that time. Are you guys adapting to adulthood alright?

You gave your life for BW... STX Hwasin... without your dedication who knows where STX would be today. 7 years.... 4-5 of them preparing for SPL/OSL/MSL/GSL.... Nothing but love for you Hwasin. Don't even worry about it.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
August 23 2013 08:13 GMT
#65
On August 23 2013 16:53 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2013 16:25 shaftofpleasure wrote:
So many T1s here .. Where are the STX People??

Red Sniper forever~

What STX fans? Ohh, you mean those two.


Hell, I can only remember one.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
August 23 2013 08:19 GMT
#66
On August 23 2013 17:11 Emon_ wrote:
Being a pro gamer is very unfair. You invest a lot of time and the chances to make money are S-L-I-M. The only reason these guys played BW was for the love of the game. That being said... Hwasin... you gave 7 years of your life to give us the most entertaining sport I have ever seen. To this day NOTHING comes close to the greatness of BW SPL, OSL and MSL. We got amazing entertainment - for free - while B-teamers, practice partners and probably some A-teamers were giving away their life. B-teamers and practice partners did it all without a salary, I'm pretty sure. Where are these lesser known gamers today - that built the leagues we so love? They are trying to catch up. Going to work, studying, trying to survive. We assume that KeSPA and the teams took care of them - but we all know that sleeping 4 in a room and playing video games all day - as a young kid - without a whole lot of money is unfair. And once you leave the team house, you're on your own again.

You were amazing at what you did. You were gods to us. And you DESERVED more than what you got. And you deserve more than what you get from fans now that we don't see you as much. I wish I could hear more about ex-BW players from that time. Are you guys adapting to adulthood alright?

You gave your life for BW... STX Hwasin... without your dedication who knows where STX would be today. 7 years.... 4-5 of them preparing for SPL/OSL/MSL/GSL.... Nothing but love for you Hwasin. Don't even worry about it.

Well said. The part about being harassed by seniors and officers in the army was particularly horrible to read.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
August 23 2013 09:09 GMT
#67
On August 23 2013 17:13 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2013 16:53 Lucumo wrote:
On August 23 2013 16:25 shaftofpleasure wrote:
So many T1s here .. Where are the STX People??

Red Sniper forever~

What STX fans? Ohh, you mean those two.


Hell, I can only remember one.

CSheep and mustaju.
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
August 23 2013 09:10 GMT
#68
Surprising interview ! Thanks for the translation. Poor HwaSin. I'm happy he's fine now.
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
August 23 2013 09:40 GMT
#69
your turn savior
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
August 23 2013 09:46 GMT
#70
The first apology was enough for me. I'm just glad he had the moral character I assumed him to have. I hope Korea can forgive him as well.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
August 23 2013 10:00 GMT
#71
On August 23 2013 18:09 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2013 17:13 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On August 23 2013 16:53 Lucumo wrote:
On August 23 2013 16:25 shaftofpleasure wrote:
So many T1s here .. Where are the STX People??

Red Sniper forever~

What STX fans? Ohh, you mean those two.


Hell, I can only remember one.

CSheep and mustaju.


oh yeah forgot about csheep .. :D
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Jonvvv
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Norway1530 Posts
August 23 2013 10:03 GMT
#72
Thanks for the translation.
Liquipedia
Artunit
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Philippines400 Posts
August 23 2013 10:18 GMT
#73
I think he deserves a second chance, I am convinced here they he really feels sorry for what he done. Continue on living a honest life and gl hf.
NrT.Artunit
DidYuhim
Profile Joined September 2011
Ukraine1905 Posts
August 23 2013 10:56 GMT
#74
Wow. A lot of people acting like dicks.
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
August 23 2013 11:16 GMT
#75
Up to this point I've always reacted the same way itsjustatank is reacting and had zero sympathy for the matchfixers, but reading this was really heartbreaking. Hwasin was the player who shocked me the most when the scandal came out and I still don't see him in as bad a light as the other players. I wish him the best for the future.
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 11:58:02
August 23 2013 11:55 GMT
#76
Reading posts in this thread is like sitting in a court room, jesus christ, they were just kids
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7171 Posts
August 23 2013 12:12 GMT
#77
respect !
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 12:45:14
August 23 2013 12:34 GMT
#78
This is so ridiculous,
international sport is over head and ears in matchfixing and dope scandals. How many sportsmen went to army or exiled themselves in manual labor? How many of them actually admitted it and how much time did it actually take?

I like how we are on tl gather and talk morality and ethics over this young man whose life was basically shi* since those two-three games he rigged.

After reading the thread I feel like somebody's wounded feelings of sportsmanship and fair play must at last be redeemed. May I congratulate you!

You know, I'd better watch 100 rigged games by him than read now this kind of interview. With all my heart, I refuse to understand how can a normal person castigate a kid for things that grown up professionals do every god damn day.

be well Red Sniper
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
August 23 2013 12:43 GMT
#79
Ah, this thing again... it has been over for so long, can't we just forget about it already?
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
August 23 2013 12:46 GMT
#80
On August 23 2013 21:34 myminerals wrote:
This is so ridiculous,
international sport is over head and ears in matchfixing and dope scandals. How many sportsmen went to army or exiled themselves in manual labor? How many of them actually admitted it and how much time did it actually take?

I like how we are on tl gather and talk morality and ethics over this young man whose life was basically shi* since those two-three games he rigged.

After reading the thread I feel like somebody's wounded feelings of sportsmanship and fair play must at last be redeemed. May I congratulate you!

You know, I'd better watch 100 rigged games by him than read now this kind of interview. With all my heart, I refuse to understand how can a normal person castigate a kid for things that grown up professionals do every god damn day.

be well Red Sniper


Because most people don't know for sure how normal match fixing is. That's why it's a big scandal if some players get caught. I agree though, everyone makes mistakes and that's especially true when you're young. I'm happy to hear he has landed on his feet and is happy.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1088
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 221
Rex125
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 221
Rex 125
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 27
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45950
Shuttle 2650
Calm 1505
Jaedong 1150
Horang2 840
Mini 630
actioN 608
EffOrt 569
Soulkey 483
Soma 408
[ Show more ]
Stork 320
Rush 258
Larva 243
BeSt 216
Snow 196
ZerO 182
firebathero 135
Mong 112
Zeus 94
Last 78
910 75
hero 70
Mind 65
Free 64
Hyun 56
Yoon 50
Sharp 41
PianO 37
sorry 36
Pusan 34
Shinee 33
JYJ 27
Shine 25
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 23
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
HiyA 21
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
Rock 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5090
Dendi1194
Counter-Strike
fl0m1811
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko358
Other Games
singsing2210
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee179
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor81
QueenE72
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1513
Other Games
BasetradeTV160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH182
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade520
Other Games
• Shiphtur657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 7m
The PondCast
20h 7m
INu's Battles
21h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.