• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9285 users

Hwasin Apologizes for Match Fixing - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
P7GAB
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada486 Posts
August 23 2013 04:42 GMT
#41
Don't like what he did, but feel terrible for him
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 23 2013 05:04 GMT
#42
I never liked the Red Sniper and I do find it funny that this comes up now. If there is one thing I'm a good judge of it's character and this guy always rubbed me the wrong way long before the special event where there was arguably collusion as well. Anyway, we've been over this so probably doesn't need to be brought up again.
Byzantium
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States423 Posts
August 23 2013 05:08 GMT
#43
This was a tough read, but I'm glad it got translated. Hard to mediate between my disappointment and resentment at people involved in the scandal and the associated damage it did to the game, and the sympathy that comes with seeing a person for whom one singular mistake defines a large part of their life.
MSL 2052
xxxxxxb
Profile Joined October 2009
155 Posts
August 23 2013 05:36 GMT
#44
The military service part felt wrong since He already got punished by justice and Kespa. Although people can always argue if it wasn't enough.
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
August 23 2013 05:38 GMT
#45
I see that he doesn't have the 'cool guy' approach to this situation in life, but i can understand how he would want to formally apologize and address things.

It's all completely understandable, but unnecessary. If you want to be remembered for your finer and more positive points, keep those people who believe in you close. I really do not hope that he thinks an apology will simply swing heads his way, but i'm glad he understands that the issue was created by his own actions.
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Fuchsteufelswild
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2028 Posts
August 23 2013 05:41 GMT
#46
Recently STX Soul won in the SPL. I really wanted to go to the live venue to cheer for them, but if I went, how would the team look like? So I couldn't appear at the venue, I just used my phone to send congratulatory messages. Even though this might seem like gloating, but in reality I'm deeply regretful inside.

I guess that's the right translation but it's a bit odd that anyone would think he'd be "gloating" about his team winning when he was not at all a part of their team during the victory (not even as a b/c-teamer that didn't play), so as a person with no claim to the glory, would anyone really think he came across that way?
ZerO - FantaSy - Calm - Nal_rA - Jaedong - NaDa - EffOrt - Bisu - by.hero - StarDust - Welmu - Nerchio - Supernova - Solar - Squirtle - LosirA - Grubby - IntoTheRainbow - Golden... ~~~ Incredible Miracle and Woongjin Stars 화이팅!
MarklarMarklarr
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Fiji226 Posts
August 23 2013 05:53 GMT
#47
On August 23 2013 12:20 itsjustatank wrote:
I'd rather him go away and never surface again.


I'd rather you grow some empathic ability for someone who certainly has suffered tremendously because of his actions. Sure he was part of those who took the esports purity, but that wasn't going to last anyway. Where there is betting, there is matchfixing, and most people are by nature corruptable.
Hello there
BenKen
Profile Joined August 2009
United States860 Posts
August 23 2013 05:59 GMT
#48
Damn, feel bad for him after reading that. Also, every time I start to think "maybe it's time to forgive savior" it comes out how much of a ringleader and intimidator he was behind the scenes (allegedly, none of us know 100% of course). If I'm reading this correctly, hwasin is saying that savior told him an opening, but he still lost, and then he felt pressured to drop the game to Kal to make up for it. He didn't realize how big of a mistake he made until he'd done it and couldn't take it back. I feel bad for him regardless, he seems sincere.

I hope hwasin gets past this now that he's paid his dues, but sadly I think he'll carry it with him for a long time.
I deadlift for Aiur
Caladbolg
Profile Joined March 2011
2855 Posts
August 23 2013 06:07 GMT
#49
Bit by it, we have to learn to forgive. Right now honestly, only Savior is, to my mind, the unforgivable - not because he was the mastermind, but because he was unrepentant (and even pushed his coach to lie/stand up for him)
"I don't like the word prodigy at all. To me prodigy sounds like a person who was 'gifted' all these things rather than a person who earned all these talents by hard training... I must train harder to reach my goal." - Flash
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
August 23 2013 06:24 GMT
#50
Random question: If you got banned by Kespa from Professional Starcraft, Can you still play independently in Non-Korean competitions?
AKMU / IU
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
August 23 2013 06:56 GMT
#51
Thats why we carry our mistakes, to learn from them.
I made many mistakes in my life, but only those that costed me something very important to me teached me an important lesson.

Thats why id like to have a time machine, but life almost never gives you second chances.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
arbiter_md
Profile Joined February 2008
Moldova1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 07:04:49
August 23 2013 06:59 GMT
#52
I feel sorry for him. He is smart and I'm sure he will be fine. But at that age everybody makes mistakes. It happened that his mistakes were bigger. That was because he worked hard and became part of a pro-team.

As children we are taught to not steal, to not lie and stuff like that. Unfortunately we are not told explicitly how serious things like match fixing are.
The copyright of this post belongs solely to me. Nobody else, not teamliquid, not greetech and not even blizzard have any share of this copyright. You can copy, distribute, use in commercial purposes the content of this post or parts of it freely.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 23 2013 07:01 GMT
#53
On August 23 2013 14:41 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Show nested quote +
Recently STX Soul won in the SPL. I really wanted to go to the live venue to cheer for them, but if I went, how would the team look like? So I couldn't appear at the venue, I just used my phone to send congratulatory messages. Even though this might seem like gloating, but in reality I'm deeply regretful inside.

I guess that's the right translation but it's a bit odd that anyone would think he'd be "gloating" about his team winning when he was not at all a part of their team during the victory (not even as a b/c-teamer that didn't play), so as a person with no claim to the glory, would anyone really think he came across that way?


I interpreted more like he'd just be disgracing the team.
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
August 23 2013 07:25 GMT
#54
So many T1s here .. Where are the STX People??

Red Sniper forever~
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
August 23 2013 07:28 GMT
#55
Guys can you tell me what his 2nd match fixing game was? Was it against Luxury when Savior told him Luxury's opening or was it against Kal?
hey man just curious
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
August 23 2013 07:29 GMT
#56
On August 23 2013 16:28 Levistus wrote:
Guys can you tell me what his 2nd match fixing game was? Was it against Luxury when Savior told him Luxury's opening or was it against Kal?


I think it was him vs Leta?
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
wingpawn
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Poland1342 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 07:33:55
August 23 2013 07:33 GMT
#57
I wish those '120 hours of community sevice' were 120 hours of streaming on Afreeca games between the offenders.

Those guys messed up really hard, but it shouldn't nullify all the good things they did to E-Sports. At least not completely...
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 23 2013 07:33 GMT
#58
On August 23 2013 15:24 shin_toss wrote:
Random question: If you got banned by Kespa from Professional Starcraft, Can you still play independently in Non-Korean competitions?
I think so; if the competitions are unrelated to kespa, that is.
I doubt an eventual return would be worthwhile due to potential drama, though. (or maybe that's too sc2-esque thinking)

AssiRoyal
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany216 Posts
August 23 2013 07:40 GMT
#59
wow, didnt see this one coming

Hwasin vs Luxury
this game looks like it was rigged too, but he doesnt mention it...
mb it wasnt rigged after all?
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 07:45:34
August 23 2013 07:44 GMT
#60
Poor kid. I always felt semi sorry for the ones caught in the scandal. Training in Korea is brutal and the pressure vs the reward is terrible.

Q: Tell us honestly, why (did you) agree to matchfixing back then?

A: First of all, everything I say now will come off as making excuses, but I still have to say it, I was in a very difficult position emotionally back then. There were bad things that happened at home, even though I had a salary, I didn't make much money. Every day was becoming more difficult than the last, suddenly one day Ma Jae Hoon gave me this suggestion


Sounds like he didn't have money and his family needed it. I was never a fan of Hwasin, I felt more sorry that Upmagic was involved but this is really sad.

Q: Do you hate Ma Jae Hoon who originally gave you the suggestion?

A: Initially I really did hate him, but more so I was fearful of him.


He was possibly fearful for things Savior might say in court, but this sounds so bad. Savior comes across as this shady mobster.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O88
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 47m
INu's Battles
15h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.