• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:13
CEST 19:13
KST 02:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12453 users

The SCBW Port Forward Help Thread - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
chouithegewy
Profile Joined April 2016
United States25 Posts
August 31 2016 05:06 GMT
#61
Could use some help. Tried port forwarding. Port checker says 6112 UDP isn't open. Tried DMZ. Doesn't work. Gotta be a fix, right?
Don't worry, be happy! (chilos)
Sonny-
Profile Joined July 2016
47 Posts
August 31 2016 05:12 GMT
#62
On August 31 2016 14:06 chouithegewy wrote:
Could use some help. Tried port forwarding. Port checker says 6112 UDP isn't open. Tried DMZ. Doesn't work. Gotta be a fix, right?


Did you give your computer a static IP?
chouithegewy
Profile Joined April 2016
United States25 Posts
August 31 2016 05:33 GMT
#63
Yea, no luck.
Don't worry, be happy! (chilos)
coolprogrammingstuff
Profile Joined December 2015
906 Posts
August 31 2016 06:02 GMT
#64
try mca64 upnp. Can just bypass the issue altogether .
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
August 31 2016 07:02 GMT
#65
On August 31 2016 14:06 chouithegewy wrote:
Could use some help. Tried port forwarding. Port checker says 6112 UDP isn't open. Tried DMZ. Doesn't work. Gotta be a fix, right?


If you are sure you set everything properly and it still doesn't work then it could be an ISP issue.
ॐ
Sonny-
Profile Joined July 2016
47 Posts
August 31 2016 07:37 GMT
#66
On August 31 2016 15:02 coolprogrammingstuff wrote:
try mca64 upnp. Can just bypass the issue altogether .

Don't think that will work. At least for me it didn't. I checked that box in mca and a red cross appeared. But I gave my PC a static IP and opened ports 4000 and 6111 to 6119. That worked (I'm able to host games) and after that mca also gave a green checkmark.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
August 31 2016 07:40 GMT
#67
My problem is that my router is low quality. What usually happens is that it will close the ports i opened by itself.

From what I have read online, it seems that when uneven voltage reaches a cheap router, it restarts itself to avoid damage, but it also changes the settings that you applied except a few key features like WI Fi Password or router password.

Problem is that to even confirm that Id need to buy a UPS.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
August 31 2016 07:42 GMT
#68
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.


I usually create a game called "testing if ports open".
It usually takes 20 seconds to have either someone join or whisper me that they are closed.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
August 31 2016 12:47 GMT
#69
Portforwarding used to work for me but recently it stopped working for some weird reason and I gave up trying. It's really a pain in the ass, can't wait for shield battery to be out.
chouithegewy
Profile Joined April 2016
United States25 Posts
September 02 2016 03:09 GMT
#70
Got it working. Didn't do anything different. Can host games.
Don't worry, be happy! (chilos)
chouithegewy
Profile Joined April 2016
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-10 16:57:00
November 10 2016 15:40 GMT
#71
Hey guys. Back again. Seems like most people can't join my games. PFPortChecker says port 6112 UDP is closed though I have it forwarded. 6112 TCP is open tho.

I'm still using the same static ip. I'm using wifi from a modem/router-in-one. I've tried playing without a firewall. Any help?

Edit: I tried JUST opening 6112 UDP and the port is now open. And I think people can join. But I think that's what I did before and it stopped working eventually.

Edit2: Port is closed...port is open. How reliable is PFPortChecker?
Don't worry, be happy! (chilos)
[Fin]Vittu
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada507 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-17 14:16:43
November 17 2016 11:19 GMT
#72
I have done some portforwarding,

However, whenever I create a game:

the Client TCP, Client UDP and Game UDP show my public address, but always a port that is 5 digits like 35025, 24713, 24713, etc.

/netinfo shows:

Server TCP: <iccup ip>:6112 (bind 0.0.0.0:6112)
Client TCP: <my publicip>:58503
Client UDP: <my publicip>:62801
Game UDP: <my publicip>:62801

The only time I see the 6112 is with the Server TCP.
I am using mca64, could anyone help?
The "Finnish Metal Terran"
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-28 01:04:00
November 27 2016 22:57 GMT
#73
EDIT: I found my problem. I had a VPN running, which messed up my ports. When I disabled my VPN, everything worked out.

I am having trouble opening port 6112. See the image below for what I did.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


1. I checked my local IP address with ipconfig
2. I opened port 6112 for the local IP address
3. I disabled my firewall just in case it interferes
4. I connected to bnet which uses port 6112
5. I checked port 6112's status, which says it is closed

Any idea why my port forwarding didn't work?
Malkiyah
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation92 Posts
November 28 2016 00:10 GMT
#74
On November 28 2016 07:57 Beamer wrote:
I am having trouble opening port 6112. See the image below for what I did.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


1. I checked my local IP address with ipconfig
2. I opened port 6112 for the local IP address
3. I disabled my firewall just in case it interferes
4. I connected to bnet which uses port 6112
5. I checked port 6112's status, which says it is closed

Any idea why my port forwarding didn't work?

That service yougetsignal.com checks only TCP protocol. Try PFPortChecker
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Use /netinfo command in bw to check which port bw is taken.
[Fin]Vittu
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada507 Posts
November 28 2016 07:37 GMT
#75
On November 28 2016 09:10 Malkiyah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2016 07:57 Beamer wrote:
I am having trouble opening port 6112. See the image below for what I did.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


1. I checked my local IP address with ipconfig
2. I opened port 6112 for the local IP address
3. I disabled my firewall just in case it interferes
4. I connected to bnet which uses port 6112
5. I checked port 6112's status, which says it is closed

Any idea why my port forwarding didn't work?

That service yougetsignal.com checks only TCP protocol. Try PFPortChecker
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Use /netinfo command in bw to check which port bw is taken.



Thanks, I checked that as well!

But I do notice that when I do /netinfo in game,

The Game and Client UDP port is not 6112, but rather, it is something high, like 5xxxx, or 6xxxx number ranges.

Is that supposed to be normal?
The "Finnish Metal Terran"
awerti
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
227 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 00:46:49
December 03 2016 23:50 GMT
#76
I might as well ask for help. I have never had a port forwarding problem on any PC. I've always had access to the router, so I just looked up router model, port forwarding instructions, and was done in a minute. It had worked on 5 or 6 different routers across the last 8 years or so. But now I'm unable to host

Using Eircom F1000 router (link to manual: broadbandsupport.eir.ie)
My PC has a TP-Link wireless USB adapter if that matters
Firewall is disabled.

1. This is how the port forward screen looks for my router
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Values I pick:
WAN interface: VDSL, ETHWAN, pppo3G
Protocol: TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP
trigger start and end point: 6112 - 6119
translation start and end point: 6112 - 6119
WAN IP: empty
server ip: 192.168.1.12 (local ip address)

2. And there is also an option to add a preset configuration for a bunch of legacy apps (wc3, sc:bw, etc)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I picked Starcraft, 192.168.1.12 for the server... even that did not work.

3. And here is me checking which process is listening to port 6112, and finding which app that is.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


4. Using www.portforward.com to check UDP for 6112. Says it's closed.

5. My router has a upnp section... it lists skype and utorrent there. Shouldn't starcraft also be there?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Any tips will be appreciated.
For Aiur!
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1013
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1013
ByuN 409
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46773
Calm 3091
firebathero 161
actioN 139
Sea.KH 60
Free 43
Mong 30
Rock 28
ToSsGirL 28
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 17
soO 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9201
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5052
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu180
MindelVK9
Grubby6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1723
FrodaN1002
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt676
olofmeister555
Mlord463
Khaldor448
KnowMe305
crisheroes178
Livibee122
ToD5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur702
• imaqtpie8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
OSC
5h 47m
Replay Cast
5h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.