• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:13
CEST 19:13
KST 02:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12453 users

The SCBW Port Forward Help Thread - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
February 19 2013 05:46 GMT
#41
OK, so my port forwarding wasn't working, so i tried changing to a hard line to my modem instead of our wireless router, a cisco DPC3825. I am on portforward.com and the instructions seem not to be exactly inline with what I'm using (the screenshots don't line up). ALso, the site says to use your default gateway, which when I enter it into the port forwarding menu says "Invalid IP: Cannot be LAN" I can use my IPv4 address however.

The site just says I should enter an IP address and my port 6112 to 6112, on my menus however there is both an external column and an internal one as well. Not sure what to do from here
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
February 19 2013 06:24 GMT
#42
On February 19 2013 14:46 Arisen wrote:
OK, so my port forwarding wasn't working, so i tried changing to a hard line to my modem instead of our wireless router, a cisco DPC3825. I am on portforward.com and the instructions seem not to be exactly inline with what I'm using (the screenshots don't line up). ALso, the site says to use your default gateway, which when I enter it into the port forwarding menu says "Invalid IP: Cannot be LAN" I can use my IPv4 address however.

The site just says I should enter an IP address and my port 6112 to 6112, on my menus however there is both an external column and an internal one as well. Not sure what to do from here


Ended up getting help from xboi, it was a harrowing journey, but finally he got it worked out for me. haha. Thanks for the recommendation to xboi.
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
molotow[eef]
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany81 Posts
March 15 2013 13:28 GMT
#43
After forwarding the right ports i am usually able to host for a few mins. After that a check says that my tcp ports are open meanwhile the udp ones are closed. The reason for that is my bullshit router. The solution for me was to setup a broadband via PPPoE Pass Through.

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardware/articles/12909.aspx
T[e]RR[a]N
Profile Joined April 2013
1 Post
April 01 2013 22:20 GMT
#44
hello, was wondering if anyone can help me out with my situation. i am running windows 7 ultimate 32bit bootcamp on macbook pro 2012. i am able to enter the lobby and chat with others normally, but when the game starts i get unbearable lag (online). i am using the dormitory internet which is connected to my personal router for wifi. Is this a port issue? or something to do with my macbook hardware? All drivers are updated. I have turned off firewall, compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and run as administrator
i have attempted to portforward, using netgear router model wndr3400v2. the ports 6112-6119 remained closed.
i am not a pro with this but the IT at my school is willing to help with some instructions
Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated
GinV
Profile Joined April 2013
Vietnam1 Post
April 02 2013 01:42 GMT
#45
Can anyone tell me how to open port in modem linksys WAG120N ? Thank you
huy123
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
June 18 2013 12:10 GMT
#46
i know this is kinda of a necro but what evs

so i basicly since i installed my windows 7 again my ports stopped working.

i have my port 6112 open and have a static ip what it is forwarded on, i don't have a fire wall nor the isp blocking.

The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10873 Posts
July 06 2013 19:04 GMT
#47
I used the UPNP_Blizz program provided by datasian and it worked but now when I try it says that my router doesn't have UPNP enabled and I can't access the router, can't figure out any way that I can get back to hosting games .... someone plz help! >_<
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
shivver
Profile Joined June 2011
United States232 Posts
October 08 2013 19:04 GMT
#48
In this guide: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Port_Forwarding

I'm having problems with this step:

Go to the configuration interface of your router. This can be reached by typing in the default gateway in your internet browser of choice
Assuming Vista, this can also be reached via "Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing > Double Click (whatever your network is) Icon > Right Click Router > View Device Webpage"

I'm on widows 7 and I can't locate this, when I try the default gateway approach it just says it can't find it. It never gives me a network window

Any ideas?

MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 19:25:12
October 08 2013 19:24 GMT
#49
On October 09 2013 04:04 shivver wrote:
In this guide: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Port_Forwarding

I'm having problems with this step:

Go to the configuration interface of your router. This can be reached by typing in the default gateway in your internet browser of choice
Assuming Vista, this can also be reached via "Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing > Double Click (whatever your network is) Icon > Right Click Router > View Device Webpage"

I'm on widows 7 and I can't locate this, when I try the default gateway approach it just says it can't find it. It never gives me a network window

Any ideas?



Get your IP with "ipconfig" in cmd.
Type that IP in the adressbar of your internet browser. (example: "http://192.168.12.114")
If your router asks for a password or username,
try around with stuff like "admin/admin", "admin/password", "user/0000" etcetc
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
October 04 2014 10:39 GMT
#50
sorry for necro but i didnt want to make another thread about this issue. I was wondering if it is possible, even though I have no access to the router my apartment uses, to change the ports? the upnp forwarder in mca does not work for me. any ideas or possibilities? I asked for the router info but they told me no. It really sucks not being able to host games. Thank you!
Victini
Profile Joined July 2015
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-22 01:37:28
July 22 2015 01:21 GMT
#51
I got some issues about to open the port 6112.

My router is an Huawei 532e, if it needs some more information i'll bring them but I need support for this.

[image loading]
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
July 22 2015 02:13 GMT
#52
That port tester doesn't seem to work
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Victini
Profile Joined July 2015
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-22 02:37:21
July 22 2015 02:36 GMT
#53
I still have that error when I connect to battlenet.

[image loading]
hotdog321
Profile Joined March 2016
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-12 19:51:23
March 12 2016 02:59 GMT
#54
I had some issues hosting recently, I had forwarded the ports and a portchecker program confirmed they were open, it only did so when Starcraft wasn't running and logged onto ICCUP. Disabling the Windows firewall worked though, but to anyone who feels unsafe doing that you can also go into advanced settings of the Windows Firewall, go into Incoming traffic section and allow Starcraft, the one you need to allow might only show up once you are already connected to ICCUP.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 14 2016 05:42 GMT
#55
Has anyone found an answer to college internet?
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
mca64Launcher_
Profile Joined June 2015
Poland629 Posts
March 14 2016 14:40 GMT
#56
Quit a school
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
March 14 2016 17:20 GMT
#57
On March 14 2016 14:42 puppykiller wrote:
Has anyone found an answer to college internet?

It's possible to allow nearly everyone to host, yes even if you don't have access to your router, if access to the server code is allowed, which neither Fish nor ICCup would allow and which moving to a completely new server is infeasible.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
March 14 2016 17:54 GMT
#58
I'm having a weird issue, but I am pretty sure it's because of my ISP. I've forwarded my ports, I can host a game, meaning that I get the message "xxxxxx has joined the game" but then I am never able to actually see the players in the lobby.
If I join a game, I am having the same issue, I enter the game but the list of players is blank.

Now if I connect to a VPN, I can join games and play normally, but of course that also prevents me to host.
ॐ
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 15 2016 02:09 GMT
#59
Damn i go to school and finally get incredible internet but can't host anymore. The irony!
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Sterling
Profile Joined December 2009
United States182 Posts
April 15 2016 03:06 GMT
#60
xboi209 is an absolute gentleman and computer wizard. I've been struggling with port forwarding for years -- he took remote access and whirled through my computer/settings for about 15 minutes and was able to forward my ports.

Thank you--
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1013
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1013
ByuN 409
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46773
Calm 3091
firebathero 161
actioN 139
Sea.KH 60
Free 43
Mong 30
Rock 28
ToSsGirL 28
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 17
soO 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9201
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5052
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu180
MindelVK9
Grubby6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1723
FrodaN1002
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt676
olofmeister555
Mlord463
Khaldor448
KnowMe305
crisheroes178
Livibee122
ToD5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur702
• imaqtpie8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
OSC
5h 47m
Replay Cast
5h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.