• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:13
CEST 19:13
KST 02:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12453 users

The SCBW Port Forward Help Thread - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
February 03 2013 17:59 GMT
#21
If you want help in this post you should Post/acquire this information:

- Internal I.P. adress (this is not your I.P) If you havn t changed it usually its 192.168.0.1
- You router number (if you don' t have access to your Router its a problem try looking at UPNP solution)
- Check if your Anti-virus program or Windows Firewall is blocking Starcraft or Launcher)

Its very simple process but you must have Access to your Router and your internal I.P. adress
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
RustySpork
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom49 Posts
February 03 2013 20:25 GMT
#22
hi, i forwarded my port a few months ago and it worked fine and i was able to host games. However, recently nobody would join a game i hosted on ladder (so i presume it is a connection issue as people used to join almost instantly), and that has been the case for the last few weeks. I don't think anything has changed to do with my router and i haven't changed anything myself. Also, if i want to host then people say the 'latency is too high message' comes up, that is because i haven't forwarded ports, right? I have looked through my firewall settings and starcraft was allowed, so i don't know what has happened. Any help would be appreciated. I have gone through my router settings and port 6112 is enabled for my local IPv4 address.
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
February 03 2013 22:03 GMT
#23
This is a great thread where I will direct future people inquiring about portfowarding to to get the basics done

I just wanted to point out that a useful tool for checking if your portforwarding has been done correctly is PFportchecker which can be found on portforward.com, it properly checks the UDP port to see if it is open.

I have uploaded the only version that I know works with windows 7 (for some reason the current pf version doesn't work on win7), if OP wants to add it, or download it and mirror it elsewhere:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0t3ufq2qu5qdmq8
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 06:43:28
February 04 2013 06:34 GMT
#24
Nevermind...
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 17:31:50
February 05 2013 17:26 GMT
#25
Very good thread. I have struggled may times with this. It can be quite simple to complete hell depending on your router and connection type (ethernet, wlan, shared ...)

If you use wlan remember that you need to set up through windows a static IP adress for this connection, otherwise your router will give you a random IP everytime you connect and portfowarding will be impossible.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
February 05 2013 18:10 GMT
#26
On February 04 2013 05:25 RustySpork wrote:
hi, i forwarded my port a few months ago and it worked fine and i was able to host games. However, recently nobody would join a game i hosted on ladder (so i presume it is a connection issue as people used to join almost instantly), and that has been the case for the last few weeks. I don't think anything has changed to do with my router and i haven't changed anything myself. Also, if i want to host then people say the 'latency is too high message' comes up, that is because i haven't forwarded ports, right? I have looked through my firewall settings and starcraft was allowed, so i don't know what has happened. Any help would be appreciated. I have gone through my router settings and port 6112 is enabled for my local IPv4 address.


- Have you accessed your router and seen if the rule is still there? it should look something like this (but it totally depends on your router model)+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


- Sometimes a new computer that hokes to your router creates havok. You may want to check your internal i.p. is the same as before (how to do this open windows logo search for "cmd" open the terminal and type "ipconfig" hit Enter. Look for this
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

If you have 2 types of connection (like i have a wireless one and a cabled on) there should be 2 IPv4 adresses use the one you use when you usually connect to internet)

- Did you check your Anti-virus program? I had problem where all was allowed and settings where correct but the anti-virus was blocking sc. If you use avast then you should look here:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and add exceptions
Try to think of the exact moment when your hosting abilities stopped something must have happened then.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
February 07 2013 16:11 GMT
#27
it could also be that the title of your game was already taken, but iccup is weird so it lets you make the room anyways (but nobody can join)
Writerptrk
Mathewep2010
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States63 Posts
February 17 2013 23:22 GMT
#28
On February 03 2013 05:18 Liquid`Drone wrote:
xboi is an absolute hero at this, I'd trust anything he says on this issue as absolute truth. and if he ever offers to help you out, take up on his offer.


I second this, xboi209 fixed a 2 year old problem I've been struggling with in about 1 minute and 30 seconds. He fixed all my screw ups and then quickly got everything how it was supposed to be and tested it out. Thanks so much for that xboi! :D
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
February 18 2013 08:58 GMT
#29
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
February 18 2013 09:27 GMT
#30
This is the biggest obstacle in BW being much more popular than it is now.. the ability to quickly get a game.. ;(

amazing thread ! THANKS ! Ive had so much trouble with this..
T H C makes ppl happy
Slayer_Chessi
Profile Joined January 2013
Czech Republic30 Posts
February 18 2013 13:31 GMT
#31
HI, im very bad at this network things (i dont understand what is public IP etc..). I live in flat block, and i just have cable from wall to pc, no router. Could u please write me down simple tasks, which should my provider do? Its like 5 years I cant create
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
February 18 2013 13:33 GMT
#32
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.
Moderator
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
February 18 2013 13:36 GMT
#33
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.

you normaly should have one within like 5 minutes max.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
February 18 2013 13:37 GMT
#34
On February 18 2013 22:31 Slayer_Chessi wrote:
HI, im very bad at this network things (i dont understand what is public IP etc..). I live in flat block, and i just have cable from wall to pc, no router. Could u please write me down simple tasks, which should my provider do? Its like 5 years I cant create

but where does that cable lead to?

it should be connected to a router of the flat, ifso ask them to forward port 6112
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Slayer_Chessi
Profile Joined January 2013
Czech Republic30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:19:05
February 18 2013 17:17 GMT
#35
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 18 2013 22:37 sabas123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 22:31 Slayer_Chessi wrote:
HI, im very bad at this network things (i dont understand what is public IP etc..). I live in flat block, and i just have cable from wall to pc, no router. Could u please write me down simple tasks, which should my provider do? Its like 5 years I cant create

but where does that cable lead to?

it should be connected to a router of the flat, ifso ask them to forward port 6112



Ok thx, I'll tell provider to just forward this port. I wasn't sure, if it differs, if u don't have modem at home.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
February 18 2013 18:31 GMT
#36
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.


Did this and no one joined. I don't know what I have to fix. Can someone tell me what info to provide so I can get some help with this? Thanks
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
February 18 2013 18:42 GMT
#37
On February 19 2013 03:31 Arisen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.


Did this and no one joined. I don't know what I have to fix. Can someone tell me what info to provide so I can get some help with this? Thanks


No it does not mean your port is fowarded, You have to create a Rule on your routers page

- Router model number.

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhoug you Firewall

- Firewall settings

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhough your Anti-virus program
- Anti-virus program
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
February 18 2013 19:22 GMT
#38
On February 19 2013 03:42 pebble444 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 03:31 Arisen wrote:
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.


Did this and no one joined. I don't know what I have to fix. Can someone tell me what info to provide so I can get some help with this? Thanks


No it does not mean your port is fowarded, You have to create a Rule on your routers page

- Router model number.

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhoug you Firewall

- Firewall settings

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhough your Anti-virus program
- Anti-virus program


I already had exceptions in firewall and antivirus, my rounter is a cisco E3200
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
February 18 2013 19:37 GMT
#39
On February 19 2013 04:22 Arisen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 03:42 pebble444 wrote:
On February 19 2013 03:31 Arisen wrote:
On February 18 2013 22:33 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On February 18 2013 17:58 Arisen wrote:
How do I know if my port forwarding has worked? I've went through the guide on liquidpedia and it says after go to CMD then netstat -na then look for 611X. I have a line that reads
192.168.1.101:6112

This should mean the port is open, right? It has no state listed and its foreign adress is *

My latency bar on Bnet seems to always be on red now where it used to be constantly green and ocassionally yellow. Not sure what's going on


if you go to iccup and make a D game on fighting spirit and wait, you'll find out whether it's working. people will join quite fast if it is.


Did this and no one joined. I don't know what I have to fix. Can someone tell me what info to provide so I can get some help with this? Thanks


No it does not mean your port is fowarded, You have to create a Rule on your routers page

- Router model number.

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhoug you Firewall

- Firewall settings

Also allow Broodwar and ICCUP trhough your Anti-virus program
- Anti-virus program


I already had exceptions in firewall and antivirus, my rounter is a cisco E3200

Okay if you know your router name/password then go to step 2 if not
Step 1 is:
+ Show Spoiler +
i Havn t found your router model maybe try the 3600 type 192.168.1.1 in your browser try Administrator admin as name/password .
- If it doesn t work another option is if you have physical access to router you can reset it (i suggest you go this for last)
(if you don' t know how to reset it try looking here http://support.linksys.com/en-eu/support/routers/E3200 )

Step 2:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/Linksys-E3200/Starcraft.htm


If you have followed these steps you should be good to go. If after this it does not work you have to make execptions for Firewall and anti-virus (check and re-check)

If still no work, Alternativly you can ask trusted member xboi203 on iccup to help you via remote desktop.





"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10873 Posts
February 18 2013 21:41 GMT
#40
I finally fixed my issue with port forwarding once again, this time it was because I was behind a router AND a modem, so I was being assigned 2 IP address's, I had to go into the MODEM and port forward for the IP address of my Router, I didn't think it would work, but it did.... Kind of confusing ridiculous crazy stuff... finally figured it out. :-)

I was behind a Belkin Router and an umm...."ComCast " Modem..
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1013
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1013
ByuN 409
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46773
Calm 3091
firebathero 161
actioN 139
Sea.KH 60
Free 43
Mong 30
Rock 28
ToSsGirL 28
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 17
soO 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9201
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5052
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu180
MindelVK9
Grubby6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1723
FrodaN1002
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt676
olofmeister555
Mlord463
Khaldor448
KnowMe305
crisheroes178
Livibee122
ToD5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur702
• imaqtpie8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
OSC
5h 47m
Replay Cast
5h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.