• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

BW For Life! or Helping BW Thrive - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
April 28 2012 13:02 GMT
#41
Let's try to fix funding:
Poll: How much would you donate for a foreigner run tournament?

10$ (18)
 
49%

20$ (9)
 
24%

50$+ (9)
 
24%

50$ (1)
 
3%

37 total votes

Your vote: How much would you donate for a foreigner run tournament?

(Vote): 10$
(Vote): 20$
(Vote): 50$
(Vote): 50$+



"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
April 28 2012 13:07 GMT
#42
For anyone trying to learn korean, here is your best free resource out there: http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/curriculum/
I'm currently in level 4, learning lots and having fun. Looking forward to helping with the translations when I'm capable.
There's also the Learn Korean TL thread with more resources and good for finding practice buddies. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=300309
En Taro Violet
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
April 28 2012 13:54 GMT
#43
I think a really good thing, would be that someone creates an official international ranking system,
Like was Kespa ranking.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 15:04:19
April 28 2012 15:01 GMT
#44
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 28 2012 15:56 GMT
#45
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .


I don't understand why people care about "esports". Just play the game you love. If you just wanna see esports grow go play LoL. No one is trying revive bw here, but just keep it going as long as possible.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
April 28 2012 16:01 GMT
#46
Some really good ideas here. Personally, I have problems watching twitchtv streams so I might or might not be able to tune in much but I think many other people would be interested in watching Korean ex-pros in a community organized tournament, if it's run & hyped up properly.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 28 2012 16:03 GMT
#47
On April 29 2012 00:56 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .


I don't understand why people care about "esports". Just play the game you love. If you just wanna see esports grow go play LoL. No one is trying revive bw here, but just keep it going as long as possible.


No where did I state about reviving bw in my statement...
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 28 2012 16:11 GMT
#48
On April 29 2012 01:03 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:56 L3gendary wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .


I don't understand why people care about "esports". Just play the game you love. If you just wanna see esports grow go play LoL. No one is trying revive bw here, but just keep it going as long as possible.


No where did I state about reviving bw in my statement...


On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:20:38
April 28 2012 16:17 GMT
#49
On April 29 2012 01:11 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 01:03 Sawamura wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:56 L3gendary wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .


I don't understand why people care about "esports". Just play the game you love. If you just wanna see esports grow go play LoL. No one is trying revive bw here, but just keep it going as long as possible.


No where did I state about reviving bw in my statement...


Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self.


Reviving broodwar and e-sports are two different things . If you read the whole passage in context you would have understand what I meant right there and if you kept up with current event bw revival is already impossible when there is not enough interest in it and also bw coaches on sc2 interview have already gave a view on it that bw had a chance to be big if kespa actually did a world tour during it's popularity.

Also I don't see the point of you nit picking my words about bw revival I was merely suggesting "If you want a bw revival " not aggressively pointing there "should be a bw revival" .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
April 28 2012 16:27 GMT
#50
Pro BW might die but the amateur scene can still thrive. There's still a very vibrant amateur scene in Korea.

The biggest obstacles in uniting the BW communities (Korean and international) are the stupid IP restrictions and KSSN requirements on Korean websites.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:34:38
April 28 2012 16:30 GMT
#51
On April 29 2012 01:17 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 29 2012 01:11 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 01:03 Sawamura wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:56 L3gendary wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I will be frank here and say that I admire you trying to start up the scene with more projects for funding tournaments like ISL(although they should call it FSL because only foreigners only play in the tournament ) and also Noise ASL .However we must know that broodwar has long gone it's expiry date . Sure some people may pick up the game out of curiosity and than play it and after that drop the game and play other more shiny and more appealing games out there with healthy communities.

Bw is at it's last leg while I am typing this Iccup once a prominent server for foreigners and koreans to enjoy bashing each other with their superior skill is currently at 560 + players in the server . What does that number tell you ? Interest in the game is dwindling and the lack of new blood flowing in the scene is already enough to kill the scene even though one of you guys will keep continue playing the game it's really a futile effort .

The koreans are a well develop e-sport country where playing games actually can benefit you momentarily if you make it big or make it a chance for you to work in one of the respected company that has sponsored you for years . As seen previously in Xellos retirement to become one of CJ work force in the company . Inviting koreans over to compete with us, first what level is the current foreigners right now are we as good as the long standing korean clans like n.die,shield,by and etc ?

If we can't satisfy a simple basics requirements like this to peek interest from the korean communities, the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self .It's the number one source of inspiration out there for all of us broodwar fans, the lightning effects, korean commentators using their WPM to their best, professional broodwar players putting in their soul to the game so we viewers can enjoy it .

If broodwar proleague goes down everything will go down. I know I am being pessimistic over the situation at hand because I fail to see any other lasting communities without there being a professional scene for it . Cs 1.6 is still being played because professional players are still playing the game but the numbers are smaller, Quake 3 is literally dead and no longer is active except Quake Live where pro players are still playing the game . I submit that bw proleague is the very core of our community and it going down is going to make our numbers grow smaller into nothing .

However this isn't the only problem we are facing right now I urge players who are still willing to play broodwar to try out games out there in your respectively country which are growing right now . If Dota 2 is huge in your country than go for it, If Sc2 is having lots of tournament in your designated country you have to play the game and give your shot and making big out of thriving community . My respective views that to grasp the opportunity at hand when there is still available it's actually quite justifiable in the long run we may prefer one game over the other but that's merely our preference .

Until company developers actually stop molesting their franchise with inferior sequels that actually will make us oldies proud .I see there is no end to starcraft 3,4,5,6 and it's expansion to come out the next year and the word e-sports still being used to promote it's product . I am not saying we should give it all up and not support the remaining scene and I don't want to be called some sort of a leech who does nothing but reap the benefit of the resources and enjoyment that the broodwar scene has been giving us all the time .

This is probably one of the few remaining years to actually watch bw at it's glorious level although quite sub par compared to it's previous years if compared and we should enjoy while it still remains .


I don't understand why people care about "esports". Just play the game you love. If you just wanna see esports grow go play LoL. No one is trying revive bw here, but just keep it going as long as possible.


No where did I state about reviving bw in my statement...


Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:01 Sawamura wrote:
the project will fail immediately and if you want a revival for broodwar right now the best chance we ever had was proleague it self.


Reviving broodwar and e-sports are two different things . If you read the whole passage in context you would have understand what I meant right there and if you kept up with current event bw revival is already impossible when there is not enough interest in it and also bw coaches on sc2 interview have already gave a view on it that bw had a chance to be big if kespa actually did a world tour during it's popularity.

Also I don't see the point of you nit picking my words about bw revival I was merely suggesting "If you want a bw revival " not aggressively pointing there "should be a bw revival" .


You implied that a bw revival was impossible and shouldn't be attempted. I didn't disagree with that but said that no one is trying to revive bw with this initiative only keep it going at some level. Does that make sense?
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 28 2012 16:33 GMT
#52
On April 29 2012 01:30 L3gendary wrote:
You implied that a bw revival was impossible and shouldn't be attempted. I didn't disagree with that but said that no one is trying to revive bw with this initiative only keep it going at some level. Does that make sense?


I don't have a problem with the scene trying to extends it's life span on " some level " . So what's the point in having this discussion in the first place ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 28 2012 16:39 GMT
#53
On April 29 2012 01:33 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 01:30 L3gendary wrote:
You implied that a bw revival was impossible and shouldn't be attempted. I didn't disagree with that but said that no one is trying to revive bw with this initiative only keep it going at some level. Does that make sense?


I don't have a problem with the scene trying to extends it's life span on " some level " . So what's the point in having this discussion in the first place ?


Except you wrote a giant post telling everyone the game is done for without the pro community and we should just play other games like sc2/dota2.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
SniperVul5
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada166 Posts
April 28 2012 16:42 GMT
#54
E-penis clash between l3gendary and Sawamura.....

Honestly clash of ideas over even basic things is why this entire idea won't work in the long run.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
April 28 2012 16:45 GMT
#55
I can most likely get some top korean guilds / top amateurs participate.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:48:19
April 28 2012 16:46 GMT
#56
On April 29 2012 01:39 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 01:33 Sawamura wrote:
On April 29 2012 01:30 L3gendary wrote:
You implied that a bw revival was impossible and shouldn't be attempted. I didn't disagree with that but said that no one is trying to revive bw with this initiative only keep it going at some level. Does that make sense?


I don't have a problem with the scene trying to extends it's life span on " some level " . So what's the point in having this discussion in the first place ?


Except you wrote a giant post telling everyone the game is done for without the pro community and we should just play other games like sc2/dota2.


Maybe I should be specific about that part of the explanation as I mention earlier about the statement it is really my opinion that any pro scene is the life support of a favourite community . Also I should have been specific about playing other games while the opportunities exist and just take this for an example in malaysia . Sc2 isn't really big, go to any LAN shop and you will be seeing kids playing dota and more dota . Basing on that my reasonable conclusion that dota has a better competitive scene even though you compared it to other games out there right now however locally speaking in your country you got a better shot at making a pro by playing dota than playing your "favourite" game .

Which is totally irrelevant with the topic at hand here and it's also my dumb mistake to include my opinions here and not staying on topic at hand.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
April 28 2012 16:47 GMT
#57
On April 29 2012 01:45 CaucasianAsian wrote:
I can most likely get some top korean guilds / top amateurs participate.


wow dat some pull bro
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:52:34
April 28 2012 16:51 GMT
#58
Just let me know the details, and I can help organize / talk with the teams/players.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:56:11
April 28 2012 16:54 GMT
#59
On April 29 2012 01:46 Sawamura wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 29 2012 01:39 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 01:33 Sawamura wrote:
On April 29 2012 01:30 L3gendary wrote:
You implied that a bw revival was impossible and shouldn't be attempted. I didn't disagree with that but said that no one is trying to revive bw with this initiative only keep it going at some level. Does that make sense?


I don't have a problem with the scene trying to extends it's life span on " some level " . So what's the point in having this discussion in the first place ?


Except you wrote a giant post telling everyone the game is done for without the pro community and we should just play other games like sc2/dota2.


Maybe I should be specific about that part of the explanation as I mention earlier about the statement it is really my opinion that any pro scene is the life support of a favourite community . Also I should have been specific about playing other games while the opportunities exist and just take this for an example in malaysia . Sc2 isn't really big, go to any LAN shop and you will be seeing kids playing dota and more dota . Basing on that my reasonable conclusion that dota has a better competitive scene even though you compared it to other games out there right now however locally speaking in your country you got a better shot at making a pro by playing dota than playing your "favourite" game .

Which is totally irrelevant with the topic at hand here and it's also my dumb mistake to include my opinions here and not staying on topic at hand.


Well no doubt, and that's been true for quite some time now. Personally, I'm not 15 anymore and don't have dreams of "going pro" but I can see why a lot of competitive minded people would want to play a game for that reason. Anyway, I don't think we have a big disagreement here, let's just not pollute this thread any longer and keep it to pm if you want to continue the discussion.

On April 29 2012 01:45 CaucasianAsian wrote:
I can most likely get some top korean guilds / top amateurs participate.


That would awesome!
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1733 Posts
April 28 2012 16:56 GMT
#60
Sawamura, I would like to respectfully disagree with you. I think that BW can continue to succeed as a strong, albeit very niche scene. And I'm a pessimist, not given to flights of fancy or wild imaginings- I really do think that we can do just fine in our own capacity.
EleGant[AoV]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
OSC
9h 42m
Replay Cast
9h 42m
OSC
22h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.