• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9073 users

[Winners Interview] - Stars vs T8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 03:52:16
January 28 2012 19:12 GMT
#1
People kept pming and asking me to do this so I reluctantly conceded.
Please note, this was done haphazardly on a whim and should've yielded a lot of mistakes.
If you see any do not hesitate to post/pm my errors. thx and have a nice day nubs

(Z)Jaedong: "Today's game was artistic humor"

[image loading]

He won but you could read the embarrassment on his face. Of course, it would be unusual if that were not the case. Yesterdays game didn't quite go as well as (Z)Jaedong had planned.
A game that should spectators take a mere glance, would think 'That can't be (Z)Jaedong' or 'Is something wrong with (Z)Jaedong?'

It wasn't the best win but nobody could possibly suppress their curiosity in regards to (Z)Jaedong. He did manage to secure his team's victory over Stars but not in a fashion that an ace should hope to present.


Q: Your expression was pretty sour and down after the game.
A: There was no way I could raise my head after the way I played. After I saw my mistake, I could only think of how I could possibly greet my fans and team mates (TN: Winning was no longer a psychological concern as shame had pretty much taken over). Though, when I think about, deep inside I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous the game was. My win was truly good fortune and a huge relief. If I had lost, I think I would have blown up Mt. Yongsan. (TN: A Korean mountain down south. TN2: Like a bawss)

Q: How did you feel when you finally saw the blockade?
A: It was actually hilarious. Not because of what happened but because I actually managed to win that game in the first place, but I still feel shame of course. If I had just payed better attention to the mini-map...ah, the error was so glaring (laughs)! Actually, to be more accurate, as soon as my eyes set sight on the clump of slithering units, there was an initial wave of anguish, but it was quickly replaced by internal laughter.

Q: Why do you think you weren't able to catch your error in a timely manner?
A: I had 200 supply for a duration of the game and I could only wonder why my unit count was so low. I think I was just too busy to notice why (TN: (P)Flying was literally flying all over the map). It just felt like I was suffocating. I felt very pressured and there was a lot of tension, especially because I was on a losing streak, not because of the fact that it was set 5. The game was a poor reflection of all the practice and effort I made. I was so frustrated throughout the entire game. I felt like I had to intentionally speed up the tempo of the game.

Q: Was there a particular reason you laughed after you saw your own game?
A: I would actually like for people to see the game now. To be honest, I just thought it's all about winning, and since I won, even if the play was pretty shabby, I can smile (laugh).

Q: Between this and (P)Jaehoon's Bermuda recall a few years ago, which do you think 'had more fail'?

A: There's really no comparison (laugh). My game will probably go down in eSports history, There's absolutely no player who would clog units for over ten minutes without noticing. I want to think that this will leave a deep impression for everyone in the future (laughs). To be fair, I did laugh a lot at (P)Jaehoon's bermuda but really, when I watched my game, you can only laugh with more satisfaction.

Q: We're surprised: we thought you would be angry about your game but you're laughing heartily! (TN: apparently i was wrong last night lol)

A: I thought I would have a mental breakdown during that game (laugh). I did get angry because my hands and my mind wouldn't flow as quickly and as fluid as they did in practice (laugh). After I 'opened the floodgates' instead of breaking down, there was really just a sense of laughter deep inside. Of course, it goes without saying this wasn't exactly the best game I've showcased since my debut (laugh).

Q: Team 8 pulled through and won by a margin
A: That just goes to show how important today's games were. 3 straight losses really put a deep emotional burden on our team but after today, it feels like a large rock has been lifted off our shoulders (laugh). Since I even managed to show everyone a game like this so lightheartedly really signals that we're ready to move on (laughs). I think I can look back at this game in the future and smile. Our team has a long road ahead and so each and every one of us will put in an effort that surpasses everyone.

Q: A lot of people were worried and extremely tense watching your game! (TN: lol)
A: It was a game that should make my fans worry (TN: as in, after watching his game, thinking if he's in a slump. etc). But if there are a lot of important games, I'm the type to just grab hold of my self, put myself together, and bring myself back to the leadership role and get rid of this strange pace that I'm playing at. I won't be greedy - I will prove myself game by game.

Q: Any final words?

A: I really hope everyone had/has a fun time re/watching this game. When i see what's been captured on camera, I feel a lot of different emotions but since I ultimately won, I don't feel so bad. I apologize extensively to all the fans who came out today. (TN EDIT, I missed a crucial word (gomsek) and made me feel retarded -.-) In the search engines, I suddenly shot up to most searched. (laugh). OGN was placed 2nd so they should have some gratitude (laughs). I think today would have been well suited for MBCGame to put in the hall of fame. (TN: , also he references another ambiguous game he played on MBCgame, not sure what tho)
This will truly be an unforgettable game in perspective of the Proleague scene (laugh).


----------------------

[데일리e스포츠 이소라 기자 sora@dailyesports.com]

*SK텔레콤과 함께하는 e스포츠 세상(www.sktelecom.com)

Source


P.S.

The bermuda recall being referenced




And his 3 cm recall




JD


[image loading]

[image loading]


Poll: Which do you think was worse?

RAMPPUUU (168)
 
92%

RECALLUUU (15)
 
8%

183 total votes

Your vote: Which do you think was worse?

(Vote): RAMPPUUU
(Vote): RECALLUUU






▲ ▲ ▲
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
January 28 2012 19:14 GMT
#2
Thank youuuu~~!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 28 2012 19:19 GMT
#3
thanks :D :D :D
Writer
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
January 28 2012 19:19 GMT
#4
Q: How did you feel when you finally saw the blockade?
A: It was actually hilarious.

As it should be. Last night made me laugh so much that my sides were beginning to hurt Some people were just taking this way too seriously and should just enjoy the game
Writerptrk
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
January 28 2012 19:22 GMT
#5
LOL jaedong :D <3 only in bw ...
@KawaiiRiceLighT
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 28 2012 19:28 GMT
#6
wow i just noticed there are two of these

-__- some1 tell me if theyre alrdy doing this next time

omg
▲ ▲ ▲
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
January 28 2012 19:31 GMT
#7
Jaedong, the deposit zerg
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
nalho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States351 Posts
January 28 2012 19:34 GMT
#8
Both versions of the interview have mistakes and parts where it's explained better. I feel your clarifies a bit more where mine is just simplied so if you want I can have mine taken down.
i'm jung/i translate bw sometimes
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 28 2012 19:35 GMT
#9
Jaedong is such a baller!
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 28 2012 19:37 GMT
#10
On January 29 2012 04:34 nalho wrote:
Both versions of the interview have mistakes and parts where it's explained better. I feel your clarifies a bit more where mine is just simplied so if you want I can have mine taken down.


both of us worked hard on the interviews, i dont mind either way

just let the mods delete whichever or keep both

meh
▲ ▲ ▲
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
January 28 2012 19:42 GMT
#11
I'm like the biggest JD fan but the recalls are just single moment blunders. The ramp block was for over 10 minutes X_X.
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
January 28 2012 19:46 GMT
#12
On January 29 2012 04:28 Taekwon wrote:
wow i just noticed there are two of these

-__- some1 tell me if theyre alrdy doing this next time

omg


<3 We still love you and thanks for the effort <3

I can laugh at it now, but it was really frustrating to watch during the game. I was like "Jaedong, come ON!!"
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
January 28 2012 19:48 GMT
#13
thank you! :D
^^
EternaLLegacy
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States410 Posts
January 28 2012 20:01 GMT
#14
Truly one of the funniest BW moments of all time. Thanks for the interview!
Statists gonna State.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
January 28 2012 20:04 GMT
#15
I've already rewatched this game. Instant classic. I would seriously pay for an FPVOD of this!
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
January 28 2012 20:05 GMT
#16
Hahaha good to see JD laughing about this. Jaedong is awesome even if his game was a bit surreal.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
January 28 2012 20:33 GMT
#17
Thank you!

oh Jaedong, if you could just know how bad all of us were having heart attacks for all of those 10 minutes ;_;

Still glad it happened though. I've never laughed so hard at a BW game before.
Writer:o
Shadow_Dog
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada427 Posts
January 28 2012 21:04 GMT
#18
That block was hilarious!
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 21:16:01
January 28 2012 21:15 GMT
#19
Haha Jaedong <3
o choro é livre
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 21:36:34
January 28 2012 21:29 GMT
#20
That recall is not even close to this in terms of embarrassment.

edit: wait, is what happened that he clicked the recall on the correct group of units, but the walls inside Lomo's base prevented them from teleporting? Isn't that a pretty honest mistake? I didn't even know walls worked that way.
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft370
CranKy Ducklings0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft370
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2061
Artosis 638
Shuttle 553
910 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever681
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox534
Other Games
summit1g8456
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0304
Maynarde136
ViBE121
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 9m
Stellar Fest
12h 9m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.