• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:53
CEST 06:53
KST 13:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7484 users

Speedrunning the campaign - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
conCentrate9
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States438 Posts
February 18 2012 05:10 GMT
#101
Freezard I love your videos, I check 'em every couple of days. Keep it up!
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
February 19 2012 02:14 GMT
#102
Thank you! Glad to hear You can always subscribe!

And I might as well post a new run, BWT05. The SDA run has been posted here already, I copied it and finished 13 seconds faster. Will work on BWT07 now but the SDA run looks pretty solid already.



Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
March 02 2012 15:48 GMT
#103
All my SC runs are now up at SDA with comments for each mission

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Starcraft.html
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 02 2012 16:40 GMT
#104
On March 03 2012 00:48 Freezard wrote:
All my SC runs are now up at SDA with comments for each mission

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Starcraft.html
Nice! I was waiting for this!
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 02 2012 18:07 GMT
#105
On March 03 2012 00:48 Freezard wrote:
All my SC runs are now up at SDA with comments for each mission

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Starcraft.html

Välförtjänt!
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 02 2012 20:51 GMT
#106
I just noticed that in his introduction to your speedruns on the SDA homepage,
On February 29, 2012, dex wrote:
Sticking with the 'PC classic' theme, we have a bunch of improvements in the individual-levels table of Starcraft. And by 'bunch', I mean that a person going only by the name of 'Freezard' decided to improve every single one, save for Terran 03 for some reason. Curious decision nonwithstanding, Freezard's considerable contributions combine to chop 45 minutes off the clock, yielding a total time of 2:28:55. It remains to be seen whether the last level to remain standing will also be conquered by him - I sure look forward to that happening. Complete destructions of IL tables are always impressive.
Apparently he doesn't realize that that mission is to survive for a set length of time, and so is presumably unimprovable.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
March 02 2012 21:59 GMT
#107
Freezard you are awesome
ggaemo fan
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
March 02 2012 22:02 GMT
#108
On March 03 2012 05:51 qrs wrote:
I just noticed that in his introduction to your speedruns on the SDA homepage,
Show nested quote +
On February 29, 2012, dex wrote:
Sticking with the 'PC classic' theme, we have a bunch of improvements in the individual-levels table of Starcraft. And by 'bunch', I mean that a person going only by the name of 'Freezard' decided to improve every single one, save for Terran 03 for some reason. Curious decision nonwithstanding, Freezard's considerable contributions combine to chop 45 minutes off the clock, yielding a total time of 2:28:55. It remains to be seen whether the last level to remain standing will also be conquered by him - I sure look forward to that happening. Complete destructions of IL tables are always impressive.
Apparently he doesn't realize that that mission is to survive for a set length of time, and so is presumably unimprovable.


I think you underestimate speedrunners.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
March 02 2012 22:04 GMT
#109
On March 03 2012 07:02 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 05:51 qrs wrote:
I just noticed that in his introduction to your speedruns on the SDA homepage,
On February 29, 2012, dex wrote:
Sticking with the 'PC classic' theme, we have a bunch of improvements in the individual-levels table of Starcraft. And by 'bunch', I mean that a person going only by the name of 'Freezard' decided to improve every single one, save for Terran 03 for some reason. Curious decision nonwithstanding, Freezard's considerable contributions combine to chop 45 minutes off the clock, yielding a total time of 2:28:55. It remains to be seen whether the last level to remain standing will also be conquered by him - I sure look forward to that happening. Complete destructions of IL tables are always impressive.
Apparently he doesn't realize that that mission is to survive for a set length of time, and so is presumably unimprovable.


I think you underestimate speedrunners.

I'm pretty sure you can't do better than what has already been done by the original runner.
Congrats, really deserved, and hope to see bw up there soon =)
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
March 02 2012 23:32 GMT
#110
Yeah, beating T03 would require finding a trick to skip the fixed countdown... which would be pretty badass. I've been trying some things but haven't found anything to abuse. I did tie the record by playing the mission normally (meaning being afk for 18 minutes) but that's about it.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 07 2012 05:53 GMT
#111
So, I'm starting to watch your videos, Freezard; also comparing with the old records that you demolished, to appreciate how you did it. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something: in the Terran 00 mission (tutorial), was the micro trick that you mention discovering the one marine standing next to the refinery? Also, was the arrangement of marines around the command center at the beginning just for fun, or did that somehow help the pathing of the SCVs as well?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
[Azn]Nada
Profile Joined April 2009
United States275 Posts
March 07 2012 05:58 GMT
#112
Freezard you are insane LOL. Some of these tricks just have my jaws on the ground, god damn lmao, insane stuff
Warlock40
Profile Joined September 2011
601 Posts
March 07 2012 06:28 GMT
#113
Nice work! I would like to see a speed run done of the new SC2 Master custom game. It took me 6 hours to beat it and a good chunk of time on the banshee level alone, but I saw a friend of mine do the banshee one on the first try. If someone could do all 30 on the first try, that'd be amazing....
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
March 07 2012 09:31 GMT
#114
I´ve said it before and im going to say it again: Ridiculously entertaining and well done !
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
March 07 2012 10:37 GMT
#115
loved these :D
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
March 07 2012 10:59 GMT
#116
On March 07 2012 14:53 qrs wrote:
So, I'm starting to watch your videos, Freezard; also comparing with the old records that you demolished, to appreciate how you did it. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something: in the Terran 00 mission (tutorial), was the micro trick that you mention discovering the one marine standing next to the refinery? Also, was the arrangement of marines around the command center at the beginning just for fun, or did that somehow help the pathing of the SCVs as well?

Hey... glad you like em! The trick on T00 is that I manually press return cargo for each SCV which makes them head for the refinery immediately after returning the gas - normally they would idle for a while before returning. That marine needs to stand there for the trick to work as it manipulates the pathing. The marines around the CC forces the fourth SCV to spawn right next to the mineral patch.

Should really have mentioned those things in the comments... well, I actually did, but in older runs that never got published on SDA. That's why I mention 'my previous run' in some of the comments... oh well.

On March 07 2012 15:28 Warlock40 wrote:
Nice work! I would like to see a speed run done of the new SC2 Master custom game. It took me 6 hours to beat it and a good chunk of time on the banshee level alone, but I saw a friend of mine do the banshee one on the first try. If someone could do all 30 on the first try, that'd be amazing....

I didn't even know about that mod before I read your post... but then again I haven't played SC2 since last summer Anyways I've tried it out and it was fun, not something I would speedrun but will definitely try to beat it one day
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
March 07 2012 14:43 GMT
#117
Very impressive and fun to see some hardcore speed runs. I haven't done that sicne I was a kid playing Golden Eye on Nintendo 64
For the swarm
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 07 2012 16:19 GMT
#118
On March 07 2012 19:59 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 14:53 qrs wrote:
So, I'm starting to watch your videos, Freezard; also comparing with the old records that you demolished, to appreciate how you did it. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something: in the Terran 00 mission (tutorial), was the micro trick that you mention discovering the one marine standing next to the refinery? Also, was the arrangement of marines around the command center at the beginning just for fun, or did that somehow help the pathing of the SCVs as well?

Hey... glad you like em! The trick on T00 is that I manually press return cargo for each SCV which makes them head for the refinery immediately after returning the gas - normally they would idle for a while before returning. That marine needs to stand there for the trick to work as it manipulates the pathing. The marines around the CC forces the fourth SCV to spawn right next to the mineral patch.

Should really have mentioned those things in the comments... well, I actually did, but in older runs that never got published on SDA. That's why I mention 'my previous run' in some of the comments... oh well.
Thanks for explaining. OK, another question: in T05 (Revolution), you say that the Goliaths are set to target Marines with low health, but wouldn't this be an advantage, if the low-health marines are kept to the back of the pack and the Goliaths don't shoot until they get within range of them? Maybe you only meant that they select among in-range targets on the basis of lowest health, but I thought I saw goliaths moving without shooting when I watched the VOD.

Also, when you say, "the economic part of this run was very ineffective. Better planning is needed to reach sub-5 minutes," I assume that by "economic part" you're referring not only to gathering resources but also to producing units and ferrying them to the battlefield; right?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 18:29:58
March 07 2012 18:02 GMT
#119
OK, I've gotten through T06 now, and I have to say that so far this is my favorite of your runs. T02 was fairly slick, with some very nice usage of spider mines, but T06 was—wow. Destroying your own bunkers to make space for buildings was brilliant. I also liked how you didn't bother taking Raynor through the air but just ran straight through by ground (a crucial move because it let you build the starports on the other side).

I also liked how you optimized even the little things. The SCV near the NORAD II baiting out the zerglings near the beginning so you wouldn't have to waste time killing them later on was a nice touch. I also liked the parsimony of repairing Raynor just enough to be sure he'd survive until dropships arrived and no more than that. Finally, the master touch: when building the factory and the high-ground starport, first you ordered the builders to build a barracks and canceled that order; only then did you start the building that you actually wanted. I had no idea what the motivation behind this was until I watched those scenes again carefully and thought about what you were doing. I believe your goal was to move the SCV and/or your cursor to the exact spot of buildable terrain where they needed to be to make the buildings as soon as the resources came in, thus squeezing out an extra second or two of movement time. If I'm right about that last, I take my hat off to you Freezard. That level of planning and commitment deserves recognition.

Edit: T07: Clever of you to figure out that the top route was a tiny bit faster and that you could use Kerrigan to tank for the SCV to make up for the extra time it takes to get a defensive matrix on it. I don't see how this one could be improved. (I saw that the verifiers' comments and yours for this mission remarked the SCV getting stuck behind Kerrigan at the beginning, but you seem to have fixed that in the version that was uploaded, though the "official" time at the end was still 00:26.)

T08: Haven't watched this yet, but when I do, I'll watch the version on your YouTube channel, which beats the version on SDA by 49 seconds. Why not submit the newer version to SDA?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
March 07 2012 18:07 GMT
#120
On March 07 2012 23:43 Gene(S)is wrote:
Very impressive and fun to see some hardcore speed runs. I haven't done that sicne I was a kid playing Golden Eye on Nintendo 64

I'd like to see some SC64 speedruns as I've never played or seen it. How many actions per minute could one possibly do with an N64 controller?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft254
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft658
PiGStarcraft254
RuFF_SC2 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 225
Stork 187
Leta 128
Hyuk 79
PianO 74
Bale 19
Icarus 9
yabsab 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox705
C9.Mang0275
Westballz42
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor617
Other Games
summit1g7957
Coldzera 820
Sick125
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick772
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1117
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 8m
Online Event
6h 8m
FEL
11h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.