• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8908 users

[G] Streaming BW on JustinTV - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
March 18 2012 00:03 GMT
#161
or yust get Xfire, you can stream bw with it on jtv, you only wont be able to see the loby
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
March 18 2012 02:54 GMT
#162
I'm using H.264 already. I'm pretty sure my computer can handle it as I think upload is the choke point. If I change the sample rate, will I be able to put video up at 500 or is my upload rate going to cap it?
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
March 18 2012 05:24 GMT
#163
^^ If your video size goes up beyond your upload rate, the stream will start to stutter. You need some upload bandwidth to play the game too(i.e if your on iccup etc). So take about 128k for that(I'm guessing you might need this much atleast). And also take away minimum of 48k for music. X-176 is what you have available for the video.
If you sample above that it will probably skip.

Easiest thing to do , look at the required bandwidth in media encoder, make sure it doesnt go above your upload limit while including upload required for the game.
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 14:37:40
March 18 2012 14:33 GMT
#164
On March 18 2012 11:54 Falling wrote:
I'm using H.264 already. I'm pretty sure my computer can handle it as I think upload is the choke point. If I change the sample rate, will I be able to put video up at 500 or is my upload rate going to cap it?

The audio sample rate has nothing to do with the video bitrate so yes you can set it to 500 no problems. If it feels laggy in game, as in you have to set to extra high latency every game, then reduce the video bitrate and see if that helps.
t.t
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 01:33:49
March 24 2012 19:57 GMT
#165
I do not take any credit for finding this method.

Long time ago, I thought camtasia+xsplit was possible, but it was not. Many users were left to use windowed mode for streaming their games. Windowed mode still has its advantages, but high APM users will realize that windowed mode drops frames compared to the fullscreen mode, which takes some time to get adjusted to.

Few days ago, I saw pro7ect streaming and he was using fullscreen with xsplit. I asked him how, but he only mentioned the program. After googling, I figured out how to get it working with xsplit (thank you pro7ect!)

1. Download uscreencapture and xsplit. Install both programs
2. Download uscreencapture fix and overwrite the files in the uscreencapture folder (C:\Program Files\UnrealStreaming\UScreenCapture). You need this file to hide the mouse, but also to prevent the dreaded black screen of stream from happening.
3. Go to registry and find the UScreenCapture key.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER DAMAGES IF YOU SCREW UP KEYS/VALUES IN YOUR REGISTRY BY ACCIDENT.

On Win 7, it is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
On Win XP, it is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Classes/VirtualStore/MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
(I'm not too sure about Vista, sorry)

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS, create the keys yourself by right clicking, New -> Key. Think of Key as a subfolder.

In there, you will find 5 REG_DWORD values named Top, Bottom, Left, Right, FrameRate (case sensitive I assume). If you do not have these 5 REG_DWORD values (think of it as files), then create them.

Now, assign each values so that it matches up as follows, in decimal:
Top: 0
Bottom: 480
Left: 0
Right: 640
FrameRate: 30 (30 is the maximum that UScreenCapture can support).

Now that you're set with UScrenpCapture, go boot up xsplit.

Notable bug: Once UScreenCapture is activated in xsplit (as in, it shows up on scene sources panel in any one of the 12 Scenes), do not change settings. I found that you can't change your hotkey settings once UScreepCapture is in use, and you will have to delete from scene sources panel and reboot to fix the problem.

Select Add, Add camera, UScreenCapture.

Now you have fullscreen mode working, along with any additional stuff that you want to add using xsplit.

If you change the values but leave the right option as hexadecimal, pray that you can convert numbers in your head quickly before you screw up the area that UScreepCapture is going to capture.




Note: Pictures will be made if needed/requested
ppp
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
March 26 2012 03:04 GMT
#166
Awesome, so much easier using xsplit then camtasia.
|| o.o
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
March 28 2012 00:43 GMT
#167
Has anyone done testing on SNM's new solution to streaming? I haven't been able to get it to work on this Win XP machine but I'll try it again when I get access to a machine with Windows 7 on it.
t.t
-DroneKing-
Profile Joined September 2010
United States69 Posts
March 28 2012 20:14 GMT
#168
I tried testing it, but it ended up not working. Trying to troubleshoot the problem now.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
March 29 2012 01:26 GMT
#169
After installing uscreencapture and its fix, then setting the registries (I had to create the dwords) I go to xsplit and tell it to "Add camera" but literally nothing happens.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
-DroneKing-
Profile Joined September 2010
United States69 Posts
March 29 2012 11:29 GMT
#170
Still no luck on my end. Having similar problems except UScreenCapture camera works in Xsplit but it just defaults to small resolution
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 02 2012 01:08 GMT
#171
Ok, I'm getting a crazy big ping on iccup.
Upload is .76Mbps so that's 760 Kbps

So if I take 176Kbps off for iCCup and music, I can't put video at 500. Instead I put it at 350 and audio 112 so that should give me a lot of buffer. But I sometimes have 1300 or 2000 ping.

Without all that stuff running I get 250 ping which seems high, but I've always had 2 green bars and never 1 bar. Wired, not wireless.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
April 02 2012 05:53 GMT
#172
On April 02 2012 10:08 Falling wrote:
Ok, I'm getting a crazy big ping on iccup.
Upload is .76Mbps so that's 760 Kbps

So if I take 176Kbps off for iCCup and music, I can't put video at 500. Instead I put it at 350 and audio 112 so that should give me a lot of buffer. But I sometimes have 1300 or 2000 ping.

Without all that stuff running I get 250 ping which seems high, but I've always had 2 green bars and never 1 bar. Wired, not wireless.


250 ping is not high.

are you lagging in games? On fish and iccup I have 400-600 ping but I can host and play without any probs. This is with streaming. If you are not lagging I would not worry so much.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 02 2012 06:02 GMT
#173
Ok, that's good to know 250 is not high. It seems that way when those test things say I have 30 or so and LoL say 60-70.

The problem is at 1300 and 2000 when I'm actually streaming- we end up play on extra latency. I'm pretty sure it's on my end as they usually have a much lower ping.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
April 02 2012 07:04 GMT
#174
On March 25 2012 04:57 supernovamaniac wrote:
I do not take any credit for finding this method.

Long time ago, I thought camtasia+xsplit was possible, but it was not. Many users were left to use windowed mode for streaming their games. Windowed mode still has its advantages, but high APM users will realize that windowed mode drops frames compared to the fullscreen mode, which takes some time to get adjusted to.

Few days ago, I saw pro7ect streaming and he was using fullscreen with xsplit. I asked him how, but he only mentioned the program. After googling, I figured out how to get it working with xsplit (thank you pro7ect!)

1. Download uscreencapture and xsplit. Install both programs
2. Download uscreencapture fix and overwrite the files in the uscreencapture folder (C:\Program Files\UnrealStreaming\UScreenCapture). You need this file to hide the mouse, but also to prevent the dreaded black screen of stream from happening.
3. Go to registry and find the UScreenCapture key.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER DAMAGES IF YOU SCREW UP KEYS/VALUES IN YOUR REGISTRY BY ACCIDENT.

On XP, it is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
On Win 7, it is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Classes/VirtualStore/MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
(I'm not too sure about Vista, sorry)

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS, create the keys yourself by right clicking, New -> Key. Think of Key as a subfolder.

In there, you will find 5 REG_DWORD values named Top, Bottom, Left, Right, FrameRate (case sensitive I assume). If you do not have these 5 REG_DWORD values (think of it as files), then create them.

Now, assign each values so that it matches up as follows, in decimal:
Top: 0
Bottom: 480
Left: 0
Right: 640
FrameRate: 30 (30 is the maximum that UScreenCapture can support).

Now that you're set with UScrenpCapture, go boot up xsplit.

Notable bug: Once UScreenCapture is activated in xsplit (as in, it shows up on scene sources panel in any one of the 12 Scenes), do not change settings. I found that you can't change your hotkey settings once UScreepCapture is in use, and you will have to delete from scene sources panel and reboot to fix the problem.

Select Add, Add camera, UScreenCapture.

Now you have fullscreen mode working, along with any additional stuff that you want to add using xsplit.

If you change the values but leave the right option as hexadecimal, pray that you can convert numbers in your head quickly before you screw up the area that UScreepCapture is going to capture.




Note: Pictures will be made if needed/requested


Pictures always good... But I was just wondering what're the differences/advantages for xsplit over camtasia? will it run smoother/lag less, or it's just easier to throw on overlays and such?
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
April 02 2012 07:30 GMT
#175
On April 02 2012 16:04 dRaW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:57 supernovamaniac wrote:
I do not take any credit for finding this method.

Long time ago, I thought camtasia+xsplit was possible, but it was not. Many users were left to use windowed mode for streaming their games. Windowed mode still has its advantages, but high APM users will realize that windowed mode drops frames compared to the fullscreen mode, which takes some time to get adjusted to.

Few days ago, I saw pro7ect streaming and he was using fullscreen with xsplit. I asked him how, but he only mentioned the program. After googling, I figured out how to get it working with xsplit (thank you pro7ect!)

1. Download uscreencapture and xsplit. Install both programs
2. Download uscreencapture fix and overwrite the files in the uscreencapture folder (C:\Program Files\UnrealStreaming\UScreenCapture). You need this file to hide the mouse, but also to prevent the dreaded black screen of stream from happening.
3. Go to registry and find the UScreenCapture key.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER DAMAGES IF YOU SCREW UP KEYS/VALUES IN YOUR REGISTRY BY ACCIDENT.

On XP, it is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
On Win 7, it is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Classes/VirtualStore/MACHINE/SOFTWARE/UNREAL/LIVE/UScreenCapture
(I'm not too sure about Vista, sorry)

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS, create the keys yourself by right clicking, New -> Key. Think of Key as a subfolder.

In there, you will find 5 REG_DWORD values named Top, Bottom, Left, Right, FrameRate (case sensitive I assume). If you do not have these 5 REG_DWORD values (think of it as files), then create them.

Now, assign each values so that it matches up as follows, in decimal:
Top: 0
Bottom: 480
Left: 0
Right: 640
FrameRate: 30 (30 is the maximum that UScreenCapture can support).

Now that you're set with UScrenpCapture, go boot up xsplit.

Notable bug: Once UScreenCapture is activated in xsplit (as in, it shows up on scene sources panel in any one of the 12 Scenes), do not change settings. I found that you can't change your hotkey settings once UScreepCapture is in use, and you will have to delete from scene sources panel and reboot to fix the problem.

Select Add, Add camera, UScreenCapture.

Now you have fullscreen mode working, along with any additional stuff that you want to add using xsplit.

If you change the values but leave the right option as hexadecimal, pray that you can convert numbers in your head quickly before you screw up the area that UScreepCapture is going to capture.




Note: Pictures will be made if needed/requested


Pictures always good... But I was just wondering what're the differences/advantages for xsplit over camtasia? will it run smoother/lag less, or it's just easier to throw on overlays and such?

1. Easier to use overlays and switch scenes. Really helpful if you want to do FPVOD + Webcam, or put up sponsors/ads etc.

2. Don't have to turnoff/restart camtasia for screenfix. Never forget, never get yelled at.

Running smoother/lag less depends on your computer, but from what I heard it is generally supposed to be lower than camtasia/FMLE combo. You also don't have to work with things like virtual cables etc. for audio, and you can adjust the volumes easy with xsplit. If you ever used xsplit, think of it as all the advantages of xsplit + fullscreen.
ppp
CfgosCuba
Profile Joined February 2010
Cuba94 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 15:20:46
April 02 2012 15:09 GMT
#176
I tried this xsplit + uscreen combo but it didnt work
i think the problem is that it doesnt let me overwrite the file UScreenCapture.ax cuz it says
[image loading]

I have restarted several times and nothing

and also the window is at the top right like this

[image loading]

any help will be aprecciate it

Edit: btw i have windows 7
http://www.twitch.tv/cfgoscuba c terran hwaiting.. sc2 too ez, 4 days playing and Im already platinun..wtf.. fuck sc2. I uninstalled it.. www.youtube.com/user/cfgoscuba2
SarahBW
Profile Joined July 2011
67 Posts
April 05 2012 22:14 GMT
#177
Sure got fast internet connection for streaming Brood War ^^ just need to upgrade PC
Wondering tho, if you need to set up stream differently for streaming sc2.
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
April 06 2012 06:19 GMT
#178
I changed to onboard (Realtek HD) instead of my soundcard, and viewers say that they can barely hear my mic and my stereo mix. My voice on ts seems to be the same, or at least not as much difference to streaming so does anyone know how to fix this?
Stuck.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 08 2012 01:19 GMT
#179
On March 18 2012 09:03 sabas123 wrote:
or yust get Xfire, you can stream bw with it on jtv, you only wont be able to see the loby


I just want to echo this statement, xfire is awesome and it does everything for you and it works in fullscreen. Easiest setup by far.


I will have to try what snm said as well.
ps. snm what kind of computer and internet do you have? Your stream is really smooth.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
seol1500
Profile Joined February 2010
52 Posts
April 08 2012 15:30 GMT
#180
Stereo mix doesn't work too well so I got VAC but It makes horrible echo however I set buffer, any help please?
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 486
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex130
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech141
Rex 140
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 29
Mong 26
Yoon 24
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva762
Fuzer 167
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 177
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King98
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 21m
Stellar Fest
22h 21m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.