• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8895 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 260

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 258 259 260 261 262 345 Next
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18463 Posts
September 17 2019 20:32 GMT
#5181
On September 18 2019 04:33 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others

Or you know, if you're a Nazi, keep your political "discussions" on 8chan (or stormfront). Keep it to "Protoss master race" on TL.net...
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 20:35:33
September 17 2019 20:34 GMT
#5182
On September 18 2019 05:32 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 04:33 evilfatsh1t wrote:
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others

Or you know, if you're a Nazi, keep your political "discussions" on 8chan (or stormfront). Keep it to "Protoss master race" on TL.net...


It's those fucking lasers man!

Yeah I think you'll find that anyone who starts preaching Nazi ideologies will be shunned from any community that isn't exactly that. It's like admitting you're a pedo; just don't. No one wants to know, and you'll be thrown to the wolves the second you do.

edit: btw, I think 8chan has been pulled down. Thank god
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
September 18 2019 04:17 GMT
#5183
On September 18 2019 05:32 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 04:33 evilfatsh1t wrote:
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others

Or you know, if you're a Nazi, keep your political "discussions" on 8chan (or stormfront). Keep it to "Protoss master race" on TL.net...

Uhh buddy... The European Union just appointed last week a ‘commissioner for protecting our European way of life’, their job is to oversee immigration policy.
So if you want to talk about Nazi rhetoric maybe go to Brussels or Strasbourg before here.

The US thread shouldn’t be filled with pages of Euro stuff though - the ban was fair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
September 18 2019 04:33 GMT
#5184
On September 18 2019 04:33 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others


There is precedent for banning him from political threads and allowing him to post elsewhere on the site, tbh. (Testie, whose views are more explicitly racist than fefil's.)
Moderator
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 18 2019 15:21 GMT
#5185
--- Nuked ---
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
September 18 2019 15:57 GMT
#5186
Ah well, whatever plausible deniability or chance for reform may have existed, it certainly would not have been enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trashy/comments/d5shbf/laughing_and_belittling_someone_after_you_invade/f0otgrs/
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10010 Posts
September 18 2019 15:59 GMT
#5187
On September 19 2019 00:57 Jealous wrote:
Ah well, whatever plausible deniability or chance for reform may have existed, it certainly would not have been enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trashy/comments/d5shbf/laughing_and_belittling_someone_after_you_invade/f0otgrs/


KwarK must feel pretty smug reading that
RIP Meatloaf <3
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 17:09:39
September 18 2019 17:09 GMT
#5188
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 17:35:46
September 18 2019 17:19 GMT
#5189
On September 19 2019 02:09 KwarK wrote:
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.

I didn't perceive what he presented as coyotes vs. wolves as one being better than the other; it was genuinely misguided (for anyone who doesn't know, there is more genetic diversity within "races" than there is between them on average). I saw it as an opportunity to inform someone who was operating on false information (even though I was obviously too late).

He also didn't say that black people didn't invent anything or do anything, he was claiming that European culture and identity should be preserved because they invented/created all of those things on his desk or whatever. Another misguided view due to oversimplification, but because he wasn't necessarily taking anything away from blacks or Africans, I didn't read it as inherently white supremacist. In my eyes, there was still room for plausible deniability or doubt, and your reaction while understandable ("if it looks and sounds like a Nazi, is probably a Nazi") also felt like it may have jumped the gun a bit - especially if you didn't know about his behavior outside of TL (which admittedly wasn't as blatant as this post I shared when I last looked).

In short, you definitely diagnosed the situation appropriately, but you did it based on what I see as incomplete or insufficient evidence. Based on what was actually written in the thread, he may have just been stupid and misinformed, not necessarily a bleeding heart racist.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not really complaining about it - as I said, he was "coarse" at best even outside of the politics thread and I knew about some of his ... unsavory... views already.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 17:24:44
September 18 2019 17:24 GMT
#5190
On September 19 2019 02:19 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2019 02:09 KwarK wrote:
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.

I didn't perceive what he presented as coyotes vs. wolves as one being better than the other; it was genuinely misguided (for anyone who doesn't know, there is more genetic diversity within "races" than there is between them on average). I saw it as an opportunity to inform someone who was operating on false information (even though I was obviously too late).

He also didn't say that black people didn't invent anything or do anything, he was claiming that European culture and identity should be preserved because they invented/created all of those things on his desk or whatever. Another misguided view due to oversimplification, but because he wasn't necessarily taking anything away from blacks or Africans, I didn't read it as inherently white supremacist. In my eyes, there was still room for plausible deniability or doubt, and your reaction while understandable ("if it looks and sounds like a Nazi, is probably a Nazi") also felt like it may have jumped the gun a bit - especially if you didn't know about his behavior outside of TL (which admittedly wasn't as blatant as this post I shared when I last looked).

In short, you definitely diagnosed the situation appropriately, but you did it based on what I see as incomplete or insufficient evidence. Based on what was actually written in the thread, he may have just been stupid and misinformed, not necessarily a bleeding heart racist.


This reads to me as preemptive defending (of a future poster)/coaching of how to expound essentially the same ideology through more superficially civil rhetoric.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 17:26:47
September 18 2019 17:26 GMT
#5191
The whole game of attempting to stuff Nazi shit beneath the guise of “plausible deniability” is a well documented and discussed phenomenon. Hannah Arendt was the first to go in depth on it iirc.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
September 18 2019 17:37 GMT
#5192
On September 19 2019 02:24 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2019 02:19 Jealous wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:09 KwarK wrote:
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.

I didn't perceive what he presented as coyotes vs. wolves as one being better than the other; it was genuinely misguided (for anyone who doesn't know, there is more genetic diversity within "races" than there is between them on average). I saw it as an opportunity to inform someone who was operating on false information (even though I was obviously too late).

He also didn't say that black people didn't invent anything or do anything, he was claiming that European culture and identity should be preserved because they invented/created all of those things on his desk or whatever. Another misguided view due to oversimplification, but because he wasn't necessarily taking anything away from blacks or Africans, I didn't read it as inherently white supremacist. In my eyes, there was still room for plausible deniability or doubt, and your reaction while understandable ("if it looks and sounds like a Nazi, is probably a Nazi") also felt like it may have jumped the gun a bit - especially if you didn't know about his behavior outside of TL (which admittedly wasn't as blatant as this post I shared when I last looked).

In short, you definitely diagnosed the situation appropriately, but you did it based on what I see as incomplete or insufficient evidence. Based on what was actually written in the thread, he may have just been stupid and misinformed, not necessarily a bleeding heart racist.


This reads to me as preemptive defending (of a future poster)/coaching of how to expound essentially the same ideology through more superficially civil rhetoric.

It is intended to be read as "stupidity isn't a crime." I was no fan of this person and in no way did I defend any of his views, even pointed out that "if it sounds like a Nazi it's probably a Nazi." The /probably/ is the issue here. Pump your brakes chief.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 18 2019 17:44 GMT
#5193
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 18:03:13
September 18 2019 17:57 GMT
#5194
On September 19 2019 02:37 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2019 02:24 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:19 Jealous wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:09 KwarK wrote:
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.

I didn't perceive what he presented as coyotes vs. wolves as one being better than the other; it was genuinely misguided (for anyone who doesn't know, there is more genetic diversity within "races" than there is between them on average). I saw it as an opportunity to inform someone who was operating on false information (even though I was obviously too late).

He also didn't say that black people didn't invent anything or do anything, he was claiming that European culture and identity should be preserved because they invented/created all of those things on his desk or whatever. Another misguided view due to oversimplification, but because he wasn't necessarily taking anything away from blacks or Africans, I didn't read it as inherently white supremacist. In my eyes, there was still room for plausible deniability or doubt, and your reaction while understandable ("if it looks and sounds like a Nazi, is probably a Nazi") also felt like it may have jumped the gun a bit - especially if you didn't know about his behavior outside of TL (which admittedly wasn't as blatant as this post I shared when I last looked).

In short, you definitely diagnosed the situation appropriately, but you did it based on what I see as incomplete or insufficient evidence. Based on what was actually written in the thread, he may have just been stupid and misinformed, not necessarily a bleeding heart racist.


This reads to me as preemptive defending (of a future poster)/coaching of how to expound essentially the same ideology through more superficially civil rhetoric.

It is intended to be read as "stupidity isn't a crime." I was no fan of this person and in no way did I defend any of his views, even pointed out that "if it sounds like a Nazi it's probably a Nazi." The /probably/ is the issue here. Pump your brakes chief.


I'm saying it reads to me more like defending "smart" Nazis and coaching not smart ones on how to prosthelytize in inhospitable places and avoid rookie mistakes (like making his racism obvious elsewhere under the same/similar tag).

That basically he was, upon your reading of his posts in isolation, merely an unwitting accomplice in white supremacy rather than pervaded by it.

Probably not worth getting into here and now but the "he's not knowingly advancing white supremacy, he's just ignorant" is older than anyone here. Combine that with the Trump administration and increasingly more people recognize that even if that was true, it's not like they are a handful of facts and logical arguments away from changing their ideological orientation toward whatever level of complacency/advocacy of white supremacy they've settled on anyway.

EDIT: This trope of people Magooing themselves into being Nazis is... what it is. Pick your rebuttal, be it Chris Rock or Jane Elliott
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 18 2019 18:20 GMT
#5195
--- Nuked ---
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 18:24:25
September 18 2019 18:21 GMT
#5196
On September 19 2019 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2019 02:37 Jealous wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:24 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:19 Jealous wrote:
On September 19 2019 02:09 KwarK wrote:
I mean he opened with whites are responsible for civilization and technology and blacks are genetically basically coyotes to the white wolves so I’m not really sure what more I’d have needed.

I didn't perceive what he presented as coyotes vs. wolves as one being better than the other; it was genuinely misguided (for anyone who doesn't know, there is more genetic diversity within "races" than there is between them on average). I saw it as an opportunity to inform someone who was operating on false information (even though I was obviously too late).

He also didn't say that black people didn't invent anything or do anything, he was claiming that European culture and identity should be preserved because they invented/created all of those things on his desk or whatever. Another misguided view due to oversimplification, but because he wasn't necessarily taking anything away from blacks or Africans, I didn't read it as inherently white supremacist. In my eyes, there was still room for plausible deniability or doubt, and your reaction while understandable ("if it looks and sounds like a Nazi, is probably a Nazi") also felt like it may have jumped the gun a bit - especially if you didn't know about his behavior outside of TL (which admittedly wasn't as blatant as this post I shared when I last looked).

In short, you definitely diagnosed the situation appropriately, but you did it based on what I see as incomplete or insufficient evidence. Based on what was actually written in the thread, he may have just been stupid and misinformed, not necessarily a bleeding heart racist.


This reads to me as preemptive defending (of a future poster)/coaching of how to expound essentially the same ideology through more superficially civil rhetoric.

It is intended to be read as "stupidity isn't a crime." I was no fan of this person and in no way did I defend any of his views, even pointed out that "if it sounds like a Nazi it's probably a Nazi." The /probably/ is the issue here. Pump your brakes chief.


I'm saying it reads to me more like defending "smart" Nazis and coaching not smart ones on how to prosthelytize in inhospitable places and avoid rookie mistakes (like making his racism obvious elsewhere under the same/similar tag).

That basically he was, upon your reading of his posts in isolation, merely an unwitting accomplice in white supremacy rather than pervaded by it.

Probably not worth getting into here and now but the "he's not knowingly advancing white supremacy, he's just ignorant" is older than anyone here. Combine that with the Trump administration and increasingly more people recognize that even if that was true, it's not like they are a handful of facts and logical arguments away from changing their ideological orientation toward whatever level of complacency/advocacy of white supremacy they've settled on anyway.

EDIT: This trope of people Magooing themselves into being Nazis is... what it is. Pick your rebuttal, be it Chris Rock or Jane Elliott

A forum is a place for discourse, and silencing an uninformed opinion does a potential disservice to others down the road.

For example, if a person is presented with facts that contradict their position, this creates a venue for at least three (non-mutually exclusive) possible outcomes:

1) Silent observers may be more informed; regardless of whether this contributes to them being better equipped to handle individuals such as fefil or potentially changes their mind away from supporting fefil's beliefs, it has the potential to be a net positive.

2) Users like fefil may accept the arguments levied against them and change their mind. This is of course an optimistic point of view, but one that we must necessarily accept as plausible, as rejecting it would necessarily force us to accept that the us politics thread has practically no value outside of providing a venue for people to talk past one another.

3) Users like fefil try to argue against the facts presented and thus demonstrate willful ignorance, or racism, in the process - thus creating a more credible foundation for their removal.

You're misrepresenting my position yet again, by the way - not once have I defended any Nazi regardless or how smart or stupid they are, nor am I training anyone to do anything. Please stop doing this.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18463 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 18:36:41
September 18 2019 18:35 GMT
#5197
I'd argue that fefil was well into 3) by the time he got banned. If this is a discussion about how to moderate cases like his going forward, I guess figuring out where TL wants to draw the line between situations 2) and 3) is a good start. You appear to think fefil was still tentatively hovering between them...
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
September 18 2019 18:45 GMT
#5198
On September 19 2019 03:35 Acrofales wrote:
I'd argue that fefil was well into 3) by the time he got banned. If this is a discussion about how to moderate cases like his going forward, I guess figuring out where TL wants to draw the line between situations 2) and 3) is a good start. You appear to think fefil was still tentatively hovering between them...

I think that the attempt should be made with actual linking of research and data to combat their incorrect beliefs on a factual level. Like I said before, I'm not against the ban, I'm not defending fefil. I admitted that it was an optimistic point of view, but one that I believe users and particularly moderators should be inclined to espouse until there is incontrovertible evidence of deliberate prejudice or harassment. Admittedly, I may be remembering his latter posts not as well as his initial few, which while patently misguided did not definitively strike me as white supremacy - probing and discourse is what evidently would have led to that conclusion (keep in mind that I dug and commented on that reddit post/history myself), which is what I believe that forums are made for.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
September 18 2019 18:52 GMT
#5199
On September 17 2019 10:34 GreenHorizons wrote:
What happened to the "defeat them in the marketplace of ideas" people? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if they had a change of heart (what caused it?) or they just aren't around anymore?


Found em.

As to the rest, I think farv gets my point. I can take a win (the removal of fef) when it comes though, so sorry if my argument is unnecessarily offensive and I'll leave it at that.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
September 18 2019 18:52 GMT
#5200
There are no shortage of white supremacist forums out there if you’d like to go evangelize them. You don’t need tl to host them and divert forum space from the discussion of the subject of the topic for that.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 258 259 260 261 262 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 164
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
League of Legends
Doublelift3734
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4531
Liquid`Hasu492
Other Games
summit1g12903
FrodaN1622
JimRising 332
KnowMe229
Livibee199
ViBE75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra772
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 26m
Patches Events
16h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 26m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.