• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8915 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 259

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 257 258 259 260 261 345 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 07 2019 00:29 GMT
#5161
--- Nuked ---
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
September 07 2019 00:51 GMT
#5162
Look I've been busy this week and I hurt my hand. I really don't apreciate kwark getting so personal and hostile at me but hey I guess I just don't get his british wit this week.

Explain to me please what you think "punitive social consequences" means when it means "nothing like" ridicule marginalization and humiliation?
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
September 07 2019 00:57 GMT
#5163
On September 07 2019 09:51 Sermokala wrote:
Look I've been busy this week and I hurt my hand. I really don't apreciate kwark getting so personal and hostile at me but hey I guess I just don't get his british wit this week.

Explain to me please what you think "punitive social consequences" means when it means "nothing like" ridicule marginalization and humiliation?

You put quote marks around nothing like and I'm not sure who you're quoting.

I think ridicule is a social consequence though. I'm confused again, what position are you disagreeing with here? Does someone have the position that ridicule is not a social consequence?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 07 2019 01:05 GMT
#5164
Was the report flag cleared or is everyone complaining about a post that the mods probably never saw because it was never reported in the first place?
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
September 07 2019 01:43 GMT
#5165
On September 07 2019 10:05 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Was the report flag cleared or is everyone complaining about a post that the mods probably never saw because it was never reported in the first place?

I did report the post. I would appreciate a moderator explanation even if he isn’t warned so I can make sense of the moderation on this thread.
Not sure how long decisions usually take but it was a few days ago, so I think the verdict is no action.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 07 2019 03:34 GMT
#5166
On September 07 2019 07:08 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2019 06:49 JimmiC wrote:
On September 06 2019 23:15 Danglars wrote:
On September 05 2019 08:53 Sermokala wrote:
On September 05 2019 08:21 KwarK wrote:
On September 05 2019 06:36 Gorgonoth wrote:
Why is Grumbels's post acceptable, calling for Trump supporters to be shunned and mocked and harassment of GOP supporters; but xDaunt's post which resulted in the ban is not? Was that ban based mostly on previous posts of xDaunt's that were deemed inflammatory and counter-productive to the conversation?
The ban notice said:
We no longer feel comfortable with a user who believes, 'These are people who need to be ridiculed, humiliated, and marginalized.

It seems to me that both posts have the same sentiment, why is there not an equal reaction?

There’s a difference between attacking someone for what they are and attacking someone for what they do. It’s not a double standard.

"punitive social consequences" for everyone on the right doesn't trigger any red flags for you? That widespread punishment for peoples ideas and their beliefs Is A-okay to you as long as they aren't apart of an arbitrary pre-selected group?

Anyone who doesn't think what grumbles posted is far past what xdaunt said really need to examine their bias.

I think Grumbels knows he’s safe posting that, since it conforms to the default editorial bent of the moderation team. xDaunts comments weren’t due to anything the squad had said or done, they peered into his soul and detected racial animus. Other smears don’t deserve or receive such scrutiny, since blacklists and stuff in that vein are becoming more mainstream.

what is your expectation of mods reaction when you post so passive aggressive like this? Do you think this is a good technique to get people to act how you would prefer or do you find it just makes them angry?

I read it as a resignation to the status quo more so than having any imaginations of possible change as a result of the post.

TeamLiquid has never been nor claimed to be a democracy - "it's our house," so Kwark can call people dumbasses and argue moderation based on his beliefs. Sometimes mods disagree on things and then they discuss. I doubt this is such a case, and I don't think Danglars believed it to be either. He's just voicing his opinion.

I would be a big campaigner for change, if I saw more transparency in decision-making, and a recognition of the original problems. I have direct conversations with members of the mod team, and get responses such as "they will stand by whatever decision was [originally] made based on the report." The discussions are closeted; you just don't hear what shred of evidence swayed the jury that a rightwinger was duly banned for something they'd consider tamer from a left winger. It's just "I provided your PM to moderator chat" or "I don't condone KwarK's usage of Nazi accusations ... however" "We want to see what happens [to the thread after a specific tempban]."

So yeah, if the moderators (Kwark does not moderate this specific thread) want to come in and make a qualitative distinction on Grumbels post, based on the content of his posting, I'll have more to go on. I really doubt that xDaunt would be given grace had he said "politicians who hate America, like AOC, need to be shunned and mocked ... there should certainly be punitive social consequences" instead of "ridiculed, humiliated, and marginalized."

Or maybe if Grumbels said he wanted Trump supporters to be ridiculed, humiliated, and marginalized, that would be accepted. I hardly know. In case I have overlooked something meaningful, I'm still hoping that a moderator steps in and delineates the difference. If not because of my post, then because of Sermokala and Gorgonoth.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'll put it another way for the moderators. Could Nettles or someone suggest Kamala Harris should be shunned, humiliated, and marginalized for her views ... or her monetary supporters tabulated in lists, shunned and mocked publicly, suffer punitive social consequences for her plans and goals? Assume he describes all the despair she'll inflict on vulnerable populations, her animosity towards various American groups, and the destruction of the health care system (or something comparable to the concentration camps and spoils for billionaires rant)
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
September 08 2019 00:34 GMT
#5167
probably the most appropriate place to say HBD GreenHorizons
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
September 08 2019 02:10 GMT
#5168
On September 08 2019 09:34 brian wrote:
probably the most appropriate place to say HBD GreenHorizons


Probably lol. Thanks
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 16 2019 16:58 GMT
#5169
--- Nuked ---
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10397 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-16 17:34:24
September 16 2019 17:31 GMT
#5170
On September 17 2019 01:58 JimmiC wrote:
I'll throw out there that I supported the most recent ban. I'm not sure that the guy even knew the major points of his supposed ideology. It appeared like an attempt to troll rather then engage. I don't suspect that it will end up being very controversial of a ban, and I also wouldn't have been surprised based on content and post count if it was a PBU.

I also thought he was PBU a month or two ago, but based on his posts in BW forum, he might not be. I tried to do some investigative work because he was... more coarse... than I'd expect from a genuine noob, so I found his reddit account. He had deleted it. However, he then made fefil2, fefil3, ... all the way until 10 or so? Maybe more, I forget. Anyway, I looked through his posts there and I immediately knew that he wouldn't last long on TL not only because of their apparent attitude, but because of their political beliefs. I don't think it's a troll, because it's consistent with their posting habits on reddit over a longer period of time.

Was an instant permanent ban the right call? Eh. There may have been more history behind the account than I am aware of. Either way, I'm not surprised at all that it was Kwark who banned him - and either way, I don't think he will be missed.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-16 19:38:48
September 16 2019 19:38 GMT
#5171
On September 17 2019 01:58 JimmiC wrote:
Was an instant permanent ban the right call? Eh. There may have been more history behind the account than I am aware of. Either way, I'm not surprised at all that it was Kwark who banned him - and either way, I don't think he will be missed.


100% the right call. I don't think we should accept people spouting Nazi ideologies, whether they themselves understand it is or not. It's not ok, and attempting to create discussions out of it only serves to muddy the water.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
September 16 2019 19:54 GMT
#5172
And also, when it comes to "whether they themselves understand it is or not"... they very rarely don't understand.
No will to live, no wish to die
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-16 20:30:40
September 16 2019 20:09 GMT
#5173
In his own words "I will try my best to speak very clearly and concisely, keeping assertions to a minimum."

He knows what he is writing. We have all seen before. As Jockmcplop advised "don't be racist", he went on with what he thinks is an illuminating piece that none of us had seen before.

Xdaunt knew when to stop so he had plausible deniability, which was the main problem with him. Eventually Trump emboldened him enough with his tweets and speeches, as Trump emboldens all his ilk.

This other guy however just goes straight from preserving european culture to that we are not one human race.

Honestly speaking, it should had been instant banned, no conversation for legitimacy allowed for such a hateful poisonous ideology.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
September 17 2019 01:34 GMT
#5174
What happened to the "defeat them in the marketplace of ideas" people? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if they had a change of heart (what caused it?) or they just aren't around anymore?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 10:19:01
September 17 2019 10:18 GMT
#5175
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 17 2019 13:32 GMT
#5176
--- Nuked ---
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
September 17 2019 16:57 GMT
#5177
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
September 17 2019 18:53 GMT
#5178
you still have a half-assed argument to argue with people like him; it's why they exist and perpetuate.
- black struggle was reactionary to white oppression = gist of your argument.
- now let's say that's fine, we accept it.
- here comes that dude, says his white dudes are getting extinct so he wants to protect them;
(in a different world that's not a shitty line of reasoning but in this world, he fucked it by accessorizing it with all kinds of "we(whites) are the best", "we are the smartest", then sprinkled in some: "and because of those(self-prescribed attributes), we deserve this and are entitled to that" and so on and so forth; anyway, we digress)

point is, you all jumped in him on the whiteness thing and what does it mean; how he defines it, what is he referring to, etcetc.
thing is you defined it for him, you admitted it exists(existed) in your initial argument, and that was enough for him to skip the whole "but what is whiteness!?!" tangent.
based on that, he could've continue explaining his plans for saving the whites, your whites.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
September 17 2019 19:33 GMT
#5179
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
September 17 2019 19:42 GMT
#5180
On September 18 2019 04:33 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 01:57 NewSunshine wrote:
On September 17 2019 19:18 evilfatsh1t wrote:
fefil was a bit of an idiot in the bw section as well but yeah i thought the ban was pretty harsh.
itd be one thing if he was aggressively asserting his views onto the forum but the ban was kinda like "oh, you speak like a nazi. well fuck you then".
not that tl is obligated to give users their freedom of speech, but ive seen a lot more users with questionable opinions and views that are given way more time on the site than fefil was.
to be fair a lot of the recent activity in the bw sqsa thread was because of him. maybe a thread/temp ban would have been enough

I mean, going "what do you mean I sound like a Nazi?" And not actually asking the question because they wanted an answer, and going "yeah okay bro" at a mod, when you're espousing Nazi ideology, is pretty fucked up. I wouldn't want any community to tolerate playing with that kind of fire. If you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, maybe put in a little effort. Otherwise you're just a fucking Nazi, and we won't miss you.

then dont let him in the thread? or any part of the site where people would be exposed to his opinions?
this is still a site centered around gaming and the guy was here to mainly ask questions about bw, not debate about his opinions on the preservation of european genetics.
seems pretty harsh that hes kicked off a gaming site for talking about issues unrelated to gaming literally like one time and finding out his views are very different to others

Just one of the many aspects of prejudice and discrimination that Nazis deal with on a daily basis.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 257 258 259 260 261 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 536
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 51m
Patches Events
12h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 51m
OSC
20h 51m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.