• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:16
CEST 09:16
KST 16:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8775 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 251

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 345 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 25 2019 15:06 GMT
#5001
--- Nuked ---
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:19:03
July 25 2019 15:10 GMT
#5002
as mentioned, i was merely responding. i’m not here trying to call you out, but if you expected me not to respond you were mistaken. i think it has been clear my only complaint was the volume of posts where you mischaracterize a position and never back it up, and nothing to any other affect. complain about me away. i’m happy to leave it here, though, noting again i have yet to find the words bloody or violent. as mentioned previously, that’s all i’m looking for.

i’ll also note your response amounts to ‘read all this,’ which is directly part of your complaint of GH. embarrassing. provide the quote or don’t.

talking about self reflection is pretty funny in that context.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-26 00:30:00
July 25 2019 15:12 GMT
#5003
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 25 2019 15:18 GMT
#5004
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:20:19
July 25 2019 15:18 GMT
#5005
On July 26 2019 00:12 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2019 23:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
GH comes at person X (right now it is me) over whatever, we go back and forth, a bunch of his buddies all jump in to bully, it becomes 1 against the world, and if that doesn't work better run to the teachers.


You have no idea how hard fought that was (to the degree it's true). The thread you pulled p6's (He never showed those PM's did he?) quotes from is testament to that. What you definitely don't see there, is what you're describing (unless you invert the parties) . This thread is a lot of that too. Perhaps zlefin was before your time? I miss zlefin ironically.

Another thing, if you want to say something is your position don't do the opposite. What do I mean by this, if you say you are not going to post for a month 2 weeks in don't post that you are not posting. + Show Spoiler + If you want to regain trust with a Mod you don't get along with, don't post a "redacted" PM on here to stir up trouble.+ Show Spoiler + PM them back and ask. If you are not comfortable with them PM another mod and ask their advice. Also, why would a Mod not like you? Is it a right wing conspiracy? Or perhaps are you at fault, I'm sure there are Mods that don't like me, that is because I have created frustrating work for them, not because of poor me.


This is an example of something I would consider ambiguous "direct questions" it's unclear to me whether I'm required to respond to or not? For which I don't know what else to do but ask for clarification.


There is nothing for you to respond too, just a suggestion that, you look at all the "fights" you have had. The two you mentioned, the one with P6, the one with me, the one with the Mod or Mod's, the one with Velr, the Blazer with Dave, and all the other ones I don't know about.

And reflect on, wow I sure get into a lot of these, perhaps there is something I am doing that is creating this situation. Take some responsibility and decide, do I want to keep having these and keep behaving like this or not. If you do, that is completely fine with me. But then stop coming into this thread like some Martyr or victim and just deal with all the people you are condescending too and then get in fights with you.

Completely up to you. And as I mentioned to Brian if you wish to stop talking about it, stop talking about it.

And no, this is not me calling the kettle black, I am OK to continue to talk about it. I have through PM with those who said they didnt want to publicly. And other than Brian it went quite well. If you would prefer to discuss there, I'm fine, prefer on here that is good too, prefer not to, that is great too. Just don't say you don't want to discuss it, don't like drama, and then continue to discuss it.


It's directed at me, there are question marks and I don't want to risk it. I think you literally saying I'm not supposed to answer the questions should cover me though, so ty.

If people are emboldening you in PM and not publicly I don't think it's with your best interests in their minds imo, but do you.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:21:59
July 25 2019 15:20 GMT
#5006
forget it, i’ll let that speak for itself.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-26 00:30:53
July 25 2019 15:22 GMT
#5007
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:26:01
July 25 2019 15:25 GMT
#5008
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:39:37
July 25 2019 15:28 GMT
#5009
On July 26 2019 00:22 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 00:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:12 JimmiC wrote:
On July 25 2019 23:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
GH comes at person X (right now it is me) over whatever, we go back and forth, a bunch of his buddies all jump in to bully, it becomes 1 against the world, and if that doesn't work better run to the teachers.


You have no idea how hard fought that was (to the degree it's true). The thread you pulled p6's (He never showed those PM's did he?) quotes from is testament to that. What you definitely don't see there, is what you're describing (unless you invert the parties) . This thread is a lot of that too. Perhaps zlefin was before your time? I miss zlefin ironically.

Another thing, if you want to say something is your position don't do the opposite. What do I mean by this, if you say you are not going to post for a month 2 weeks in don't post that you are not posting. + Show Spoiler + If you want to regain trust with a Mod you don't get along with, don't post a "redacted" PM on here to stir up trouble.+ Show Spoiler + PM them back and ask. If you are not comfortable with them PM another mod and ask their advice. Also, why would a Mod not like you? Is it a right wing conspiracy? Or perhaps are you at fault, I'm sure there are Mods that don't like me, that is because I have created frustrating work for them, not because of poor me.


This is an example of something I would consider ambiguous "direct questions" it's unclear to me whether I'm required to respond to or not? For which I don't know what else to do but ask for clarification.


There is nothing for you to respond too, just a suggestion that, you look at all the "fights" you have had. The two you mentioned, the one with P6, the one with me, the one with the Mod or Mod's, the one with Velr, the Blazer with Dave, and all the other ones I don't know about.

And reflect on, wow I sure get into a lot of these, perhaps there is something I am doing that is creating this situation. Take some responsibility and decide, do I want to keep having these and keep behaving like this or not. If you do, that is completely fine with me. But then stop coming into this thread like some Martyr or victim and just deal with all the people you are condescending too and then get in fights with you.

Completely up to you. And as I mentioned to Brian if you wish to stop talking about it, stop talking about it.

And no, this is not me calling the kettle black, I am OK to continue to talk about it. I have through PM with those who said they didnt want to publicly. And other than Brian it went quite well. If you would prefer to discuss there, I'm fine, prefer on here that is good too, prefer not to, that is great too. Just don't say you don't want to discuss it, don't like drama, and then continue to discuss it.


It's directed at me, there are question marks and I don't want to risk it. I think you literally saying I'm not supposed to answer the questions should cover me though, so ty.

If people are emboldening you in PM and not publicly I don't think it's with your best interests in their minds imo, but do you.



I am literally saying you are in control of your answers so answer what you want but think about it. All these PM's where you say it was the other guy, but you got banned, maybe them too. Consider that perhaps you are not a innocent victim and maybe not even the perpetrator, but perhaps a equal contributor. And that you seem to be the guy with the most of these situations, so how could you be contributing to it.


Shit. Are you saying those are direct questions, not rhetorical?

One of my bans I was cited admitting fault as part of the reason I was banned so... Yeah, I've considered it lol:

Yes, JimmiC posted something stupid and insensitive. He went too far. But you also admitted that you weren't completely free of fault either...


On July 26 2019 00:25 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 00:20 brian wrote:
forget it, i’ll let that speak for itself.



I'll throw this out too anyone who has been saying I'm completely wrong.

If someone believes that revolution with out small arms is impossible. And then constantly brings up that we need a revolution. Is it not logical to believe that he means a revolution with small arms?

Is a revolution that requires the use of small arms a peaceful revolution?

+ Show Spoiler +
If you want something to speak for itself, the best way to do so is to let it speak for it self. Not to say "I'll let it speak for itself.


Just in the spirit of trying to improve my communication, what you're supposed to do is argue against the necessity of revolution, and/or ways to keep it peaceful, not that people die in them.

To your credit, you have made efforts on those fronts, when you're talking about what you think is working and how we can get from here to there without revolution. But instead of addressing my counter-arguments about how almost all of the emissions progress the US and Europe has made was just outsourced to poorer/less regulated countries, the ineffectiveness of electoralism in the US, the countless dead and suffering to maintain the status quo and so on, you lurch into these tirades where you essentially insist I'd prefer a violent revolution over oligarchs peacefully transitioning into a more equitable society or indict me for recognizing it's inevitability (in the same sense countless people through history have)

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. — John F. Kennedy
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 25 2019 15:30 GMT
#5010
--- Nuked ---
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:42:27
July 25 2019 15:38 GMT
#5011
On July 26 2019 00:25 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 00:20 brian wrote:
forget it, i’ll let that speak for itself.



I'll throw this out too anyone who has been saying I'm completely wrong.

If someone believes that revolution with out small arms is impossible. And then constantly brings up that we need a revolution. Is it not logical to believe that he means a revolution with small arms?

Is a revolution that requires the use of small arms a peaceful revolution?

+ Show Spoiler +
If you want something to speak for itself, the best way to do so is to let it speak for it self. Not to say "I'll let it speak for itself.

So, just to be clear, you don't see an ethical/moral difference between the positions of
1. "calling for a revolution with the use of small arms"
and
2. "calling for a revolution that is most likely impossible without small arms being in the possession of the revolutionaries"

Edit:

GH says multiple times that "small arms (whether used or not)" are instrumental to a successful revolution. You've responded to this multiple times (including quoting that position in this thread).
Every time you characterize that position as GH wanting a revolution that "requires the use of small arms".
Would you call that a mischaracterization?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:57:08
July 25 2019 15:48 GMT
#5012
On July 26 2019 00:30 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 00:28 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:22 JimmiC wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:12 JimmiC wrote:
On July 25 2019 23:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
GH comes at person X (right now it is me) over whatever, we go back and forth, a bunch of his buddies all jump in to bully, it becomes 1 against the world, and if that doesn't work better run to the teachers.


You have no idea how hard fought that was (to the degree it's true). The thread you pulled p6's (He never showed those PM's did he?) quotes from is testament to that. What you definitely don't see there, is what you're describing (unless you invert the parties) . This thread is a lot of that too. Perhaps zlefin was before your time? I miss zlefin ironically.

Another thing, if you want to say something is your position don't do the opposite. What do I mean by this, if you say you are not going to post for a month 2 weeks in don't post that you are not posting. + Show Spoiler + If you want to regain trust with a Mod you don't get along with, don't post a "redacted" PM on here to stir up trouble.+ Show Spoiler + PM them back and ask. If you are not comfortable with them PM another mod and ask their advice. Also, why would a Mod not like you? Is it a right wing conspiracy? Or perhaps are you at fault, I'm sure there are Mods that don't like me, that is because I have created frustrating work for them, not because of poor me.


This is an example of something I would consider ambiguous "direct questions" it's unclear to me whether I'm required to respond to or not? For which I don't know what else to do but ask for clarification.


There is nothing for you to respond too, just a suggestion that, you look at all the "fights" you have had. The two you mentioned, the one with P6, the one with me, the one with the Mod or Mod's, the one with Velr, the Blazer with Dave, and all the other ones I don't know about.

And reflect on, wow I sure get into a lot of these, perhaps there is something I am doing that is creating this situation. Take some responsibility and decide, do I want to keep having these and keep behaving like this or not. If you do, that is completely fine with me. But then stop coming into this thread like some Martyr or victim and just deal with all the people you are condescending too and then get in fights with you.

Completely up to you. And as I mentioned to Brian if you wish to stop talking about it, stop talking about it.

And no, this is not me calling the kettle black, I am OK to continue to talk about it. I have through PM with those who said they didnt want to publicly. And other than Brian it went quite well. If you would prefer to discuss there, I'm fine, prefer on here that is good too, prefer not to, that is great too. Just don't say you don't want to discuss it, don't like drama, and then continue to discuss it.


It's directed at me, there are question marks and I don't want to risk it. I think you literally saying I'm not supposed to answer the questions should cover me though, so ty.

If people are emboldening you in PM and not publicly I don't think it's with your best interests in their minds imo, but do you.



I am literally saying you are in control of your answers so answer what you want but think about it. All these PM's where you say it was the other guy, but you got banned, maybe them too. Consider that perhaps you are not a innocent victim and maybe not even the perpetrator, but perhaps a equal contributor. And that you seem to be the guy with the most of these situations, so how could you be contributing to it.


Shit. Are you saying those are direct questions, not rhetorical?

One of my bans I was cited admitting fault as part of the reason I was banned so... Yeah, I've considered it lol:

Yes, JimmiC posted something stupid and insensitive. He went too far. But you also admitted that you weren't completely free of fault either...



Yes I'm very aware of that, that was when you got banned because you submitted our PM's to the Mods in an attempt to get me banned and it ended up with us BOTH banned for BOTH being jerks.

Unlike you I understand when I have been a jerk and am not arguing that I am not, or have not been one. I'm pointing arguing that you are not a victim of me or moderation, but rather a victim of your own behavior.



The thing is, I got permed, one of the legitimate critiques that came with it was my jerkiness. I argued it was a reflection from particular posters. Some mods/posters agreed more or less, some didn't. Regardless, since I've returned I've tried desperately not to reflect the vitriol I (in some ways earned) from various posters. This is clear to anyone with any familiarity of me when I was at my worst. As well as take responsibility for my role in conflicts. What I think an increasing number of people are coming around to, is that with you in particular, that doesn't seem to be helping at all. Others I've previously had conflicts with (brian for example) see this all rather clearly.

I'm not saying this to embarrass you or win an argument but to sincerely try to demonstrate what I consider fruitful dialogue and do my part to invite you to join in.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 15:54:24
July 25 2019 15:50 GMT
#5013
what the hell happened to P6 anyway? what a bummer that he has stopped posting with us. although i do admire his restraint in doing so, considering it seems he still visits the forums. i had tried to walk away from the politics thread a few times and clearly have failed.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 25 2019 15:58 GMT
#5014
He posted to remember incontrol and that was the last I’ve seen of him.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
July 25 2019 16:10 GMT
#5015
On July 26 2019 00:58 farvacola wrote:
He posted to remember incontrol and that was the last I’ve seen of him.


I've speculated 1000 things in my mind but I'm sure it'll turn out to be the least satisfying one I could have eventually imagined. fwiw (and despite being reminded of that moment from p6 lol) I miss his posting too, but respect if restraint has anything to do with it.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 25 2019 16:15 GMT
#5016
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 16:33:47
July 25 2019 16:30 GMT
#5017
On July 26 2019 01:15 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 00:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:30 JimmiC wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:28 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:22 JimmiC wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 26 2019 00:12 JimmiC wrote:
On July 25 2019 23:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
GH comes at person X (right now it is me) over whatever, we go back and forth, a bunch of his buddies all jump in to bully, it becomes 1 against the world, and if that doesn't work better run to the teachers.


You have no idea how hard fought that was (to the degree it's true). The thread you pulled p6's (He never showed those PM's did he?) quotes from is testament to that. What you definitely don't see there, is what you're describing (unless you invert the parties) . This thread is a lot of that too. Perhaps zlefin was before your time? I miss zlefin ironically.

Another thing, if you want to say something is your position don't do the opposite. What do I mean by this, if you say you are not going to post for a month 2 weeks in don't post that you are not posting. + Show Spoiler + If you want to regain trust with a Mod you don't get along with, don't post a "redacted" PM on here to stir up trouble.+ Show Spoiler + PM them back and ask. If you are not comfortable with them PM another mod and ask their advice. Also, why would a Mod not like you? Is it a right wing conspiracy? Or perhaps are you at fault, I'm sure there are Mods that don't like me, that is because I have created frustrating work for them, not because of poor me.


This is an example of something I would consider ambiguous "direct questions" it's unclear to me whether I'm required to respond to or not? For which I don't know what else to do but ask for clarification.


There is nothing for you to respond too, just a suggestion that, you look at all the "fights" you have had. The two you mentioned, the one with P6, the one with me, the one with the Mod or Mod's, the one with Velr, the Blazer with Dave, and all the other ones I don't know about.

And reflect on, wow I sure get into a lot of these, perhaps there is something I am doing that is creating this situation. Take some responsibility and decide, do I want to keep having these and keep behaving like this or not. If you do, that is completely fine with me. But then stop coming into this thread like some Martyr or victim and just deal with all the people you are condescending too and then get in fights with you.

Completely up to you. And as I mentioned to Brian if you wish to stop talking about it, stop talking about it.

And no, this is not me calling the kettle black, I am OK to continue to talk about it. I have through PM with those who said they didnt want to publicly. And other than Brian it went quite well. If you would prefer to discuss there, I'm fine, prefer on here that is good too, prefer not to, that is great too. Just don't say you don't want to discuss it, don't like drama, and then continue to discuss it.


It's directed at me, there are question marks and I don't want to risk it. I think you literally saying I'm not supposed to answer the questions should cover me though, so ty.

If people are emboldening you in PM and not publicly I don't think it's with your best interests in their minds imo, but do you.



I am literally saying you are in control of your answers so answer what you want but think about it. All these PM's where you say it was the other guy, but you got banned, maybe them too. Consider that perhaps you are not a innocent victim and maybe not even the perpetrator, but perhaps a equal contributor. And that you seem to be the guy with the most of these situations, so how could you be contributing to it.


Shit. Are you saying those are direct questions, not rhetorical?

One of my bans I was cited admitting fault as part of the reason I was banned so... Yeah, I've considered it lol:

Yes, JimmiC posted something stupid and insensitive. He went too far. But you also admitted that you weren't completely free of fault either...



Yes I'm very aware of that, that was when you got banned because you submitted our PM's to the Mods in an attempt to get me banned and it ended up with us BOTH banned for BOTH being jerks.

Unlike you I understand when I have been a jerk and am not arguing that I am not, or have not been one. I'm pointing arguing that you are not a victim of me or moderation, but rather a victim of your own behavior.



The thing is, I got permed, one of the legitimate critiques that came with it was my jerkiness. I argued it was a reflection from particular posters. Some mods/posters agreed more or less, some didn't. Regardless, since I've returned I've tried desperately not to reflect the vitriol I (in some ways earned) from various posters. This is clear to anyone with any familiarity of me when I was at my worst. As well as take responsibility for my role in conflicts. What I think an increasing number of people are coming around to, is that with you in particular, that doesn't seem to be helping at all. Others I've previously had conflicts with (brian for example) see this all rather clearly.

I'm not saying this to embarrass you or win an argument but to sincerely try to demonstrate what I consider fruitful dialogue and do my part to invite you to join in.



It is all good, like I said all along I'm not out to get you, I just don't understand your logic. I don't believe p6, the mod or even Zeflin was out to get you either.


I'm aware. Each had unique circumstances but the general thread for at least you and P6 imo is the incongruity between my argument and your worldview and it's a lot easier to attack my position than it is to reconfigure your worldview (let alone deal with the fallout of that).

You may say "back at ya" or something but the thing is it's not the same at all because my political position isn't popular, hegemonic or even one I thought worth considering until I really thought critically about it all during Obama's 2nd term. It's not like you used to be a well-versed communist and struggled through the worldview remodeling it would take to be where you are now.

To me it is logically in-congruent to say revolution requires small arms, those in power won't give up power anyway but through violence and will respond violently, so we must have a violent revolution.

And then say when you bring up the revolution you are not advocating for a violent revolution when you also believe that it is inevitable.


I don't think a single person here doesn't know that's at least one of your ongoing issues with my positions.

To me if you advocate for something that leads to a inevitable conclusion, then you are advocating for the inevitable conclusion. I'm OK with that part, I think it is interesting to discuss why you think it inevitable, or impossible to change otherwise. I'm also interested in discussing if the cost of the inevitability is worth the result, and how you make sure that the result is as intended because there is such a high cost.


You're free to think all of that/have those opinions.

What I am not interested is skipping the entire important middle part if you believe the start leads to an inevitable outcome.

So to me if you want regime change and not revolution, that is possible without violence, at least not a outright war. But it requires time, education, getting a incredible amount of people on board. It was not that long ago when people thought throwing a apple or grass in the landfill was fine because it was going into the ground. It has taken a long time to get some of the population to understand how the lack of oxygen, pressure, all the "stuff" it is around creates methane gas and leachate. This is why there are many organic programs popping up in various cities and businesses. It is not happening as fast as I would like, it is not happening everywhere. But it is happening without violence, and with much fewer negative consequences then if we forced it on everyone after a revolution involving small arms.


+ Show Spoiler +
Honestly this seems to have shifted into a semantic argument and you repeating an argument about being optimistic about programs I've demonstrated are wholly inadequate and largely incapable of being scaled to a degree/in a time frame to make them of much value.
But if you want to argue that part, that's for another thread.

EDIT: I think fildun deserves a response to his direct question though. Which I'd gather from this post is "no I don't think it's a mischaracterization", which then makes me wonder about the Israel thing, and others.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10394 Posts
July 25 2019 16:41 GMT
#5018
I only lurk in the thread and thus I probably pay more sparse and less intimate attention to the discourse, and also tune out shitfests to an extent, so the following may be inaccurate and if it is then I apologize in advance.

In the thread, GH made a post that was along the lines of "We need a revolution," but when probed about how this revolution would go or what it was meant to achieve, he made a post that was along the lines of "It's not up to me to explain and coordinate a revolution."

Did I understand this right? I can go back and pull the quotes if needed.

At that point, as a silent observer, I was done with reading what he has to say about revolution. It's just hot air. How are you going to take a position that has a future-facing objective but not provide any reasoning for how that objective could be achieved and why?

This doesn't work in any context. "We should throw a party," says GH. "Okay, how are we going to get supplies for the party? Who is going to buy the keg, whose house are we doing it at?" is the logical response. "Oh, it's not up to me to plan the party." Well, that was a load of wasted time discussing parties, wasn't it? "We should get a dog." "Who is going to walk it?" "Oh, it's not up to me to discuss the details of dog ownership - I just want you to disprove that we should get a dog."

Thus, I can see how it is infernally frustrating to deal with someone who (seemingly) zealously believes in something, but isn't interested in discussing why they believe in it. It's a waste of time to argue against a position that hasn't been adequately defended, and it is almost arrogant to expect others to overlook this and address the vague idea without specifics provided.

For example, if GH offered one cause-effect-resolution argument, people could actually explain why a revolution isn't necessary, or agree that it is necessary, regardless of the nature of said revolution. A possible example is

Cause: The wealth gap is growing and this has been proven to have a direct correlation to standards of healthcare, so poor people are receiving worse health care when they need it most.
Effect: Poor people are incentivized to revolt against the status quo.
Resolution: A revolution, once having toppled the standing government, can change regulations on income and wealth disparity through taxation, and systematically improve the distribution of good medical practitioners and organizations while allowing free healthcare to all.

In response, someone could argue that these things are achievable through other means. As JimmiC said above, education would be one of them, incentivizing the development of healthcare systems in underprivileged neighborhoods, voting for the direct attribution of tax funds into medical technology that would overcome the shortage of accessible healthcare in poor areas of the country, put limitations on health insurance minimums and increase minimum coverage standards legally, so on and so forth.

This is a possible discussion that at least I would be interested in having. However, missing the talking points, what is there to even talk about?

"We need a revolution."
"I don't think so. How would a revolution achieve desirable changes?"
"It's not up to me to plan the details of a revolution."
"Oh, well it's not up to me to explain why we don't need a revolution that doesn't have a plan."
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 16:52:27
July 25 2019 16:51 GMT
#5019
On July 26 2019 01:41 Jealous wrote:
I only lurk in the thread and thus I probably pay more sparse and less intimate attention to the discourse, and also tune out shitfests to an extent, so the following may be inaccurate and if it is then I apologize in advance.

In the thread, GH made a post that was along the lines of "We need a revolution," but when probed about how this revolution would go or what it was meant to achieve, he made a post that was along the lines of "It's not up to me to explain and coordinate a revolution."

Did I understand this right? I can go back and pull the quotes if needed.

At that point, as a silent observer, I was done with reading what he has to say about revolution. It's just hot air. How are you going to take a position that has a future-facing objective but not provide any reasoning for how that objective could be achieved and why?

This doesn't work in any context. "We should throw a party," says GH. "Okay, how are we going to get supplies for the party? Who is going to buy the keg, whose house are we doing it at?" is the logical response. "Oh, it's not up to me to plan the party." Well, that was a load of wasted time discussing parties, wasn't it? "We should get a dog." "Who is going to walk it?" "Oh, it's not up to me to discuss the details of dog ownership - I just want you to disprove that we should get a dog."

Thus, I can see how it is infernally frustrating to deal with someone who (seemingly) zealously believes in something, but isn't interested in discussing why they believe in it. It's a waste of time to argue against a position that hasn't been adequately defended, and it is almost arrogant to expect others to overlook this and address the vague idea without specifics provided.

For example, if GH offered one cause-effect-resolution argument, people could actually explain why a revolution isn't necessary, or agree that it is necessary, regardless of the nature of said revolution. A possible example is

Cause: The wealth gap is growing and this has been proven to have a direct correlation to standards of healthcare, so poor people are receiving worse health care when they need it most.
Effect: Poor people are incentivized to revolt against the status quo.
Resolution: A revolution, once having toppled the standing government, can change regulations on income and wealth disparity through taxation, and systematically improve the distribution of good medical practitioners and organizations while allowing free healthcare to all.

In response, someone could argue that these things are achievable through other means. As JimmiC said above, education would be one of them, incentivizing the development of healthcare systems in underprivileged neighborhoods, voting for the direct attribution of tax funds into medical technology that would overcome the shortage of accessible healthcare in poor areas of the country, put limitations on health insurance minimums and increase minimum coverage standards legally, so on and so forth.

This is a possible discussion that at least I would be interested in having. However, missing the talking points, what is there to even talk about?

"We need a revolution."
"I don't think so. How would a revolution achieve desirable changes?"
"It's not up to me to plan the details of a revolution."
"Oh, well it's not up to me to explain why we don't need a revolution that doesn't have a plan."


Lot there but let me be brief.

If I say "we should throw a party" and you look at me to do everything I'm gunna look at you like you're a dick. "I said we", if you're agreeing that's all of us and if you prefer your personal comfort at home or don't want to help, you aren't part of "we" and I'm probably not inviting you.

Same thing if I say "we should get a dog" and you agree then expect me to do all of the work while you only want enjoyment and 0 responsibility.

I'm 100% willing to discuss details, but "discuss" isn't "put my ideas up to be shit on by counterrevolutionaries who by and large lack a ( or haven't demonstrated) familiarity with the theoretical underpinnings and historical context resulting in questions and demands that are indicative not of inquiry but inquisition".
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10394 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 17:03:36
July 25 2019 17:02 GMT
#5020
On July 26 2019 01:51 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2019 01:41 Jealous wrote:
I only lurk in the thread and thus I probably pay more sparse and less intimate attention to the discourse, and also tune out shitfests to an extent, so the following may be inaccurate and if it is then I apologize in advance.

In the thread, GH made a post that was along the lines of "We need a revolution," but when probed about how this revolution would go or what it was meant to achieve, he made a post that was along the lines of "It's not up to me to explain and coordinate a revolution."

Did I understand this right? I can go back and pull the quotes if needed.

At that point, as a silent observer, I was done with reading what he has to say about revolution. It's just hot air. How are you going to take a position that has a future-facing objective but not provide any reasoning for how that objective could be achieved and why?

This doesn't work in any context. "We should throw a party," says GH. "Okay, how are we going to get supplies for the party? Who is going to buy the keg, whose house are we doing it at?" is the logical response. "Oh, it's not up to me to plan the party." Well, that was a load of wasted time discussing parties, wasn't it? "We should get a dog." "Who is going to walk it?" "Oh, it's not up to me to discuss the details of dog ownership - I just want you to disprove that we should get a dog."

Thus, I can see how it is infernally frustrating to deal with someone who (seemingly) zealously believes in something, but isn't interested in discussing why they believe in it. It's a waste of time to argue against a position that hasn't been adequately defended, and it is almost arrogant to expect others to overlook this and address the vague idea without specifics provided.

For example, if GH offered one cause-effect-resolution argument, people could actually explain why a revolution isn't necessary, or agree that it is necessary, regardless of the nature of said revolution. A possible example is

Cause: The wealth gap is growing and this has been proven to have a direct correlation to standards of healthcare, so poor people are receiving worse health care when they need it most.
Effect: Poor people are incentivized to revolt against the status quo.
Resolution: A revolution, once having toppled the standing government, can change regulations on income and wealth disparity through taxation, and systematically improve the distribution of good medical practitioners and organizations while allowing free healthcare to all.

In response, someone could argue that these things are achievable through other means. As JimmiC said above, education would be one of them, incentivizing the development of healthcare systems in underprivileged neighborhoods, voting for the direct attribution of tax funds into medical technology that would overcome the shortage of accessible healthcare in poor areas of the country, put limitations on health insurance minimums and increase minimum coverage standards legally, so on and so forth.

This is a possible discussion that at least I would be interested in having. However, missing the talking points, what is there to even talk about?

"We need a revolution."
"I don't think so. How would a revolution achieve desirable changes?"
"It's not up to me to plan the details of a revolution."
"Oh, well it's not up to me to explain why we don't need a revolution that doesn't have a plan."


Lot there but let me be brief.

If I say "we should throw a party" and you look at me to do everything I'm gunna look at you like you're a dick. "I said we", if you're agreeing that's all of us and if you prefer your personal comfort at home or don't want to help, you aren't part of "we" and I'm probably not inviting you.

Same thing if I say "we should get a dog" and you agree then expect me to do all of the work while you only want enjoyment and 0 responsibility.

I'm 100% willing to discuss details, but "discuss" isn't "put my ideas up to be shit on by counterrevolutionaries who by and large lack a ( or haven't demonstrated) familiarity with the theoretical underpinnings and historical context resulting in questions and demands that are indicative not of inquiry but inquisition".

I think you misunderstood my analogies as it demanding that you actually DO all of the things required to throw a party or own a dog. I refuse to believe that you think I am demanding that you actually START a revolution based on how you interpreted my analogy.

The aim was to show that just throwing an idea out there with no support at all doesn't achieve anything. We are still at the planning stage here, not at the actual task distribution stage. In the planning stage, as a person who is seemingly interested in throwing a party, the onus is on you to express your desires in a constructive way.

I can completely sympathize with the fact that you don't want to put in hours of work to flesh out your position (although, to be fair, you seem to be putting in hours of work to defend your right to not flesh it out) only to have someone respond with "lol what a dumb idea," but why not take it piecemeal? How about the example I provided? That took me a few minutes at most to put together for the sake of a hypothetical position you could take.

Also, I can now first hand see what other people mean by condescension. Why even talk about revolution if your initial position is that your opponents are unqualified to talk about revolution, and only you are?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2807
Rain 1775
FanTaSy 491
GuemChi 341
sSak 94
Mong 48
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King189
Other Games
summit1g6853
olofmeister228
Happy130
KnowMe126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2230
League of Legends
• Rush1202
• Lourlo1114
• Stunt447
Other Games
• Shiphtur926
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 44m
INu's Battles
3h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 44m
OSC
14h 59m
Replay Cast
15h 44m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.