• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7741 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 208

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 345 Next
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 04 2019 20:51 GMT
#4141
The distinction between politics and Politics is relevant here I think (and yeah, I believe that distinction originally comes from a nazi philosopher, but it makes sense). politics is basically the difference between the democrats and the republicans, we have a lot of agreement on what the best system is and how things should work in general, with some differences in key areas whose importance is arguably a little played up. Politics are more radical, and demand a greater change in society in order to be achieved. Increasingly, as the system with which we were doing politics (liberalism) looks to more and more people to be a failure, for reasons that I find difficult to argue against, we run into a bunch of people who want to do Politics, be it on the left or the right. And that's something that people who are used to talking about politics will have a hard time reacting to. politics are a lot more civil, they don't demand that you question your own beliefs a whole lot.

Increasingly it feels like a US politics mega-thread and a US Politics mega-thread.
No will to live, no wish to die
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 04 2019 21:56 GMT
#4142
On January 05 2019 04:58 LegalLord wrote:
I do have to note: it did not take particularly long to go from “Introvert is proof that we can have productive, high quality discussions with conservatives” to discussing how problematic his posting is, how his ideas are mired in hyperbole, how there’s a history of doing wrong, and how people are tired of it - just the same cycle as every other active predecessor. It’s not surprising, but, well, here we are.

Well, Sometimes people can be assholes when the majority of the time those same people are pleasant. This applies to both Introvert and myself.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-04 22:25:02
January 04 2019 22:19 GMT
#4143
I think the juxtaposition of My, LL's, and Neb's post with Farv and P6 kinda says it all really.

EDIT: Much better P6 (the post after this) but I don't think that's what Neb was saying.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 04 2019 22:22 GMT
#4144
On January 05 2019 05:51 Nebuchad wrote:
The distinction between politics and Politics is relevant here I think (and yeah, I believe that distinction originally comes from a nazi philosopher, but it makes sense). politics is basically the difference between the democrats and the republicans, we have a lot of agreement on what the best system is and how things should work in general, with some differences in key areas whose importance is arguably a little played up. Politics are more radical, and demand a greater change in society in order to be achieved. Increasingly, as the system with which we were doing politics (liberalism) looks to more and more people to be a failure, for reasons that I find difficult to argue against, we run into a bunch of people who want to do Politics, be it on the left or the right. And that's something that people who are used to talking about politics will have a hard time reacting to. politics are a lot more civil, they don't demand that you question your own beliefs a whole lot.

Increasingly it feels like a US politics mega-thread and a US Politics mega-thread.

I think you are partially correct, but also the mode of Political discussion has been polluted and weaponized as a way to kill discussion. Falling recently came into discuss immigration and has the rhetorical question “Do you support open borders?” Previously this mode of questioning would not have been a problem, rhetorical questioning is a good way to flesh out viewpoints. But since the 2016 election, there has been a realization that the traditional modes of political discussion are being used in bad faith to either reset topics back to their baseline or burned the other side with positions they do not support. So Falling’s perfectly reasonable question was met with an aggressive response. Not because people think he is bad, but because folks are just tired of being talked in circles and he used the questioning technique so many trolls have adopted.

The thread and it’s members changed the way they discussed things and home much good faith they were willing to put into a discussion. Topics because less abstract.

Also, I dislike the framing that the discussion doesn’t challenge people’s viewpoints just because the viewpoints you want to challenged are not being challenged in the manner you would prefer.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-04 22:32:53
January 04 2019 22:27 GMT
#4145
On January 05 2019 07:22 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 05:51 Nebuchad wrote:
The distinction between politics and Politics is relevant here I think (and yeah, I believe that distinction originally comes from a nazi philosopher, but it makes sense). politics is basically the difference between the democrats and the republicans, we have a lot of agreement on what the best system is and how things should work in general, with some differences in key areas whose importance is arguably a little played up. Politics are more radical, and demand a greater change in society in order to be achieved. Increasingly, as the system with which we were doing politics (liberalism) looks to more and more people to be a failure, for reasons that I find difficult to argue against, we run into a bunch of people who want to do Politics, be it on the left or the right. And that's something that people who are used to talking about politics will have a hard time reacting to. politics are a lot more civil, they don't demand that you question your own beliefs a whole lot.

Increasingly it feels like a US politics mega-thread and a US Politics mega-thread.

I think you are partially correct, but also the mode of Political discussion has been polluted and weaponized as a way to kill discussion. Falling recently came into discuss immigration and has the rhetorical question “Do you support open borders?” Previously this mode of questioning would not have been a problem, rhetorical questioning is a good way to flesh out viewpoints. But since the 2016 election, there has been a realization that the traditional modes of political discussion are being used in bad faith to either reset topics back to their baseline or burned the other side with positions they do not support. So Falling’s perfectly reasonable question was met with an aggressive response. Not because people think he is bad, but because folks are just tired of being talked in circles and he used the questioning technique so many trolls have adopted.

The thread and it’s members changed the way they discussed things and home much good faith they were willing to put into a discussion. Topics because less abstract.

Also, I dislike the framing that the discussion doesn’t challenge people’s viewpoints just because the viewpoints you want to challenged are not being challenged in the manner you would prefer.


Not sure if this is directed at my comment but if it is I just want to know what passes for quality critique of the Democratic party over in that thread or if there even is any?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 04 2019 22:35 GMT
#4146
On January 05 2019 07:19 GreenHorizons wrote:
I think the juxtaposition of My, LL's, and Neb's post with Farv and P6 kinda says it all really.

EDIT: Much better P6 (the post after this) but I don't think that's what Neb was saying.

You do know I respond to different posters in different ways? I’m pretty open about my opinion that LL is a troll who is only really concerned with stirring up drama. His “concern” about the state of the thread is undercut by his love of dropping shots about “electability” into his posts for months after the election. Or that time he argued that Russia totally didn’t invade Ukraine and kept calling it The Ukraine. Or when he pretended to be a from the UK to discuss Brexit(or something) Or that time he said a Russian spy that defected to the U.K. died a traitors death.

In conclusion, he does not get S class posting efforts.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-04 22:42:35
January 04 2019 22:41 GMT
#4147
On January 05 2019 07:35 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 07:19 GreenHorizons wrote:
I think the juxtaposition of My, LL's, and Neb's post with Farv and P6 kinda says it all really.

EDIT: Much better P6 (the post after this) but I don't think that's what Neb was saying.

You do know I respond to different posters in different ways? I’m pretty open about my opinion that LL is a troll who is only really concerned with stirring up drama. His “concern” about the state of the thread is undercut by his love of dropping shots about “electability” into his posts for months after the election. Or that time he argued that Russia totally didn’t invade Ukraine and kept calling it The Ukraine. Or when he pretended to be a from the UK to discuss Brexit(or something) Or that time he said a Russian spy that defected to the U.K. died a traitors death.

In conclusion, he does not get S class posting efforts.


Can you give me some response that indicates someone in that thread is recognizing what I'm talking about or does everyone still think the thread doesn't lack perspective that offers quality criticism of anyone but Republicans (and me recently)?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 04 2019 22:46 GMT
#4148
On January 05 2019 07:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 07:22 Plansix wrote:
On January 05 2019 05:51 Nebuchad wrote:
The distinction between politics and Politics is relevant here I think (and yeah, I believe that distinction originally comes from a nazi philosopher, but it makes sense). politics is basically the difference between the democrats and the republicans, we have a lot of agreement on what the best system is and how things should work in general, with some differences in key areas whose importance is arguably a little played up. Politics are more radical, and demand a greater change in society in order to be achieved. Increasingly, as the system with which we were doing politics (liberalism) looks to more and more people to be a failure, for reasons that I find difficult to argue against, we run into a bunch of people who want to do Politics, be it on the left or the right. And that's something that people who are used to talking about politics will have a hard time reacting to. politics are a lot more civil, they don't demand that you question your own beliefs a whole lot.

Increasingly it feels like a US politics mega-thread and a US Politics mega-thread.

I think you are partially correct, but also the mode of Political discussion has been polluted and weaponized as a way to kill discussion. Falling recently came into discuss immigration and has the rhetorical question “Do you support open borders?” Previously this mode of questioning would not have been a problem, rhetorical questioning is a good way to flesh out viewpoints. But since the 2016 election, there has been a realization that the traditional modes of political discussion are being used in bad faith to either reset topics back to their baseline or burned the other side with positions they do not support. So Falling’s perfectly reasonable question was met with an aggressive response. Not because people think he is bad, but because folks are just tired of being talked in circles and he used the questioning technique so many trolls have adopted.

The thread and it’s members changed the way they discussed things and home much good faith they were willing to put into a discussion. Topics because less abstract.

Also, I dislike the framing that the discussion doesn’t challenge people’s viewpoints just because the viewpoints you want to challenged are not being challenged in the manner you would prefer.


Not sure if this is directed at my comment but if it is I just want to know what passes for quality critique of the Democratic party over in that thread or if there even is any?

Austin Walker at Waypoint(vice media) has more to convince me of the short comings of the Democrats party than anyone on this site. He and other make a lot of the same arguments and points made in the thread and your blog. But his arguments are convincing because he is critical of himself and isn’t intrested proving that anyone who had faith in the past was an idiot.

I agree with you on a lot of a subjects. But you are so aggressively ignorant, abrasive and dickish about your views I would rather hit my knuckles with a tac hammer than discussion anything with you for long.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-04 22:56:30
January 04 2019 22:48 GMT
#4149
On January 05 2019 07:46 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 07:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 05 2019 07:22 Plansix wrote:
On January 05 2019 05:51 Nebuchad wrote:
The distinction between politics and Politics is relevant here I think (and yeah, I believe that distinction originally comes from a nazi philosopher, but it makes sense). politics is basically the difference between the democrats and the republicans, we have a lot of agreement on what the best system is and how things should work in general, with some differences in key areas whose importance is arguably a little played up. Politics are more radical, and demand a greater change in society in order to be achieved. Increasingly, as the system with which we were doing politics (liberalism) looks to more and more people to be a failure, for reasons that I find difficult to argue against, we run into a bunch of people who want to do Politics, be it on the left or the right. And that's something that people who are used to talking about politics will have a hard time reacting to. politics are a lot more civil, they don't demand that you question your own beliefs a whole lot.

Increasingly it feels like a US politics mega-thread and a US Politics mega-thread.

I think you are partially correct, but also the mode of Political discussion has been polluted and weaponized as a way to kill discussion. Falling recently came into discuss immigration and has the rhetorical question “Do you support open borders?” Previously this mode of questioning would not have been a problem, rhetorical questioning is a good way to flesh out viewpoints. But since the 2016 election, there has been a realization that the traditional modes of political discussion are being used in bad faith to either reset topics back to their baseline or burned the other side with positions they do not support. So Falling’s perfectly reasonable question was met with an aggressive response. Not because people think he is bad, but because folks are just tired of being talked in circles and he used the questioning technique so many trolls have adopted.

The thread and it’s members changed the way they discussed things and home much good faith they were willing to put into a discussion. Topics because less abstract.

Also, I dislike the framing that the discussion doesn’t challenge people’s viewpoints just because the viewpoints you want to challenged are not being challenged in the manner you would prefer.


Not sure if this is directed at my comment but if it is I just want to know what passes for quality critique of the Democratic party over in that thread or if there even is any?

Austin Walker at Waypoint(vice media) has more to convince me of the short comings of the Democrats party than anyone on this site. He and other make a lot of the same arguments and points made in the thread and your blog. But his arguments are convincing because he is critical of himself and isn’t intrested proving that anyone who had faith in the past was an idiot.

I agree with you on a lot of a subjects. But you are so aggressively ignorant, abrasive and dickish about your views I would rather hit my knuckles with a tac hammer than discussion anything with you for long.


Why not just address the question? Why bring Austin Walker into it?

EDIT I did just say:

I'm confrontational, hardheaded (the stubborn connotations), talk a lot of trash about Democrats and relate most issues back to how I see them connecting to capitalism and other social phenomena.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-05 12:24:52
January 05 2019 12:02 GMT
#4150
On January 05 2019 07:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
EDIT I did just say:

Show nested quote +
I'm confrontational, hardheaded (the stubborn connotations), talk a lot of trash about Democrats and relate most issues back to how I see them connecting to capitalism and other social phenomena.

Which of those do you think are actually bad things?

Which of them do you intend to work on changing?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
January 05 2019 14:25 GMT
#4151
On January 05 2019 21:02 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 07:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
EDIT I did just say:

I'm confrontational, hardheaded (the stubborn connotations), talk a lot of trash about Democrats and relate most issues back to how I see them connecting to capitalism and other social phenomena.

Which of those do you think are actually bad things?

Which of them do you intend to work on changing?


People can be assholes when much of the time those same people are pleasant. This applies to both Plansix and myself for example
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
January 05 2019 16:10 GMT
#4152
On January 05 2019 07:35 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2019 07:19 GreenHorizons wrote:
I think the juxtaposition of My, LL's, and Neb's post with Farv and P6 kinda says it all really.

EDIT: Much better P6 (the post after this) but I don't think that's what Neb was saying.

You do know I respond to different posters in different ways? I’m pretty open about my opinion that LL is a troll who is only really concerned with stirring up drama. His “concern” about the state of the thread is undercut by his love of dropping shots about “electability” into his posts for months after the election. Or that time he argued that Russia totally didn’t invade Ukraine and kept calling it The Ukraine. Or when he pretended to be a from the UK to discuss Brexit(or something) Or that time he said a Russian spy that defected to the U.K. died a traitors death.

In conclusion, he does not get S class posting efforts.

Aw shucks.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
January 05 2019 21:13 GMT
#4153
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
January 05 2019 21:50 GMT
#4154
On January 06 2019 06:13 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10


You helped me understand how a lot of people here see me. I thought all you did was stir shit but when I checked realized you contribute other not shit stirring posts too, I just mostly see/remember the shit stirring.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-05 22:18:09
January 05 2019 22:15 GMT
#4155
On January 06 2019 06:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2019 06:13 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10


You helped me understand how a lot of people here see me. I thought all you did was stir shit but when I checked realized you contribute other not shit stirring posts too, I just mostly see/remember the shit stirring.


This is like 90% of the people in the politics thread I dislike. They become completely different people (from my perspective) in any other thread on the site. Which I guess is the exact reason why they have their own ban list instead of following the site wide one.

Edit: Honestly this effect is so weird it should have its own scientific name or something. The Liquid Politics Shitbag effect?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22646 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-05 23:12:47
January 05 2019 23:12 GMT
#4156
On January 06 2019 07:15 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2019 06:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 06 2019 06:13 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10


You helped me understand how a lot of people here see me. I thought all you did was stir shit but when I checked realized you contribute other not shit stirring posts too, I just mostly see/remember the shit stirring.


This is like 90% of the people in the politics thread I dislike. They become completely different people (from my perspective) in any other thread on the site. Which I guess is the exact reason why they have their own ban list instead of following the site wide one.

Edit: Honestly this effect is so weird it should have its own scientific name or something. The Liquid Politics Shitbag effect?
I think its the nature of politics and the subject matter.

We can have a disagreement about whether Protoss is OP or if Siege Tanks are balanced but its still just a game and I don't think less of you as a person for your opinions.
In politics your dealing with real life consequences and an opinion like 'we should get rid of the ACA' has real effect on people.
The stakes are higher and as such tensions tend to run higher aswell.

Its hardly a situation that is unique to TL.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
January 05 2019 23:17 GMT
#4157
On January 06 2019 08:12 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2019 07:15 Excludos wrote:
On January 06 2019 06:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 06 2019 06:13 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10


You helped me understand how a lot of people here see me. I thought all you did was stir shit but when I checked realized you contribute other not shit stirring posts too, I just mostly see/remember the shit stirring.


This is like 90% of the people in the politics thread I dislike. They become completely different people (from my perspective) in any other thread on the site. Which I guess is the exact reason why they have their own ban list instead of following the site wide one.

Edit: Honestly this effect is so weird it should have its own scientific name or something. The Liquid Politics Shitbag effect?
I think its the nature of politics and the subject matter.

We can have a disagreement about whether Protoss is OP or if Siege Tanks are balanced but its still just a game and I don't think less of you as a person for your opinions.
In politics your dealing with real life consequences and an opinion like 'we should get rid of the ACA' has real effect on people.
The stakes are higher and as such tensions tend to run higher aswell.

Its hardly a situation that is unique to TL.


tbh when I look at some of the posts about balance or who the best player is that stuff gets more heated and personal than is allowed in the politics thread from my perspective.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
January 06 2019 00:54 GMT
#4158
The old rules on politeness advise not discussing religion or politics. This is the reason for that.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22646 Posts
January 06 2019 01:01 GMT
#4159
On January 06 2019 09:54 Danglars wrote:
The old rules on politeness advise not discussing religion or politics. This is the reason for that.
yeah, I don't discuss politics with friends & family if I can help it. Little upside and to much possible downside.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 06 2019 02:26 GMT
#4160
On January 06 2019 08:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2019 08:12 Gorsameth wrote:
On January 06 2019 07:15 Excludos wrote:
On January 06 2019 06:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 06 2019 06:13 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Hey, remember that time you claimed to live in UK, Russia and USA all at the same time, depending on which thread you were posting at the time? 10/10


You helped me understand how a lot of people here see me. I thought all you did was stir shit but when I checked realized you contribute other not shit stirring posts too, I just mostly see/remember the shit stirring.


This is like 90% of the people in the politics thread I dislike. They become completely different people (from my perspective) in any other thread on the site. Which I guess is the exact reason why they have their own ban list instead of following the site wide one.

Edit: Honestly this effect is so weird it should have its own scientific name or something. The Liquid Politics Shitbag effect?
I think its the nature of politics and the subject matter.

We can have a disagreement about whether Protoss is OP or if Siege Tanks are balanced but its still just a game and I don't think less of you as a person for your opinions.
In politics your dealing with real life consequences and an opinion like 'we should get rid of the ACA' has real effect on people.
The stakes are higher and as such tensions tend to run higher aswell.

Its hardly a situation that is unique to TL.


tbh when I look at some of the posts about balance or who the best player is that stuff gets more heated and personal than is allowed in the politics thread from my perspective.


I still can't believe that TheDwf played terran, can't get any more capitalist than this race ^_^
No will to live, no wish to die
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM623
SteadfastSC290
TKL 223
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 623
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 223
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
Codebar 33
ProTech25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 19
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5115
Dendi1248
Counter-Strike
fl0m2161
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes621
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko678
B2W.Neo352
DeMusliM227
Livibee182
Pyrionflax178
Khaldor155
Liquid`VortiX137
Trikslyr67
QueenE64
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)14
Liquid`RaSZi8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH215
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2160
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade650
• Noizen101
Other Games
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 47m
The PondCast
19h 47m
INu's Battles
20h 47m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.