• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:14
CEST 21:14
KST 04:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10121 users

SaddleS Failed?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
January 16 2009 15:28 GMT
#1
Saddles: Iccup is easy?

keep in mind this is just my FIRST NIGHT back, my hands still feel like rocks compared to what they used to feel like, I'm sure I wont regain everything until at least a few weeks of playing... but when you easily get to C- on my first night playing in 3 years has the competition really improved all that much OUTSIDE of Korea as you guys say?

in a few days Ill be B ranked....


SaddleS on Iccup...


Now he cleared his stats and is now 9-2, perhaps getting to C rank was too hard (you can see his old games from game list).

But perhaps he will still get there:

It's because I have much better micro and macro than the person im playing, and I just impose that advantage on them as early as possible in the game... I KNOW that when I get to playing some sick B Koreans I will have to play a more conservative style.....


Perhaps those C- Korean gamers were too much.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 16 2009 15:31 GMT
#2
He's just ignorant really. Nothing more to say about it.
Moderator
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
January 16 2009 15:41 GMT
#3
So your going to jock him about his performance. I feel as if I am jocking him posting in this thread. I read his posts but didn't dare to post b/c I don't wanna assume something I probably could be wrong about. A bit over confident more then ignorant is what I think about him.
ya had ya shot kid!
Straylight
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada706 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 16:00:30
January 16 2009 15:43 GMT
#4
If he can't make it out of C- this late in the season then there's no way in hell he can make B as quickly as he says. If he practices for a month or two, then fine whatever.

The difference between C- and B is fucking ginormous.

e: And his retarded brag about "easily" getting C- is a joke. Last season I've hit C- going 15-0 around this stage of the season. If I was retarded I'd immediately extrapolate and say that I'm B rank easily. But no, I max out in around C.
It felt like gravity.
JudgeMathis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Cuba1286 Posts
January 16 2009 16:02 GMT
#5
Who cares? He's always been cocky. Lol.
Benching 225 is light weight. Soy Cubano y Boricua!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 16:04:59
January 16 2009 16:03 GMT
#6
On January 17 2009 00:41 Kennelie wrote:
So your going to jock him about his performance. I feel as if I am jocking him posting in this thread. I read his posts but didn't dare to post b/c I don't wanna assume something I probably could be wrong about. A bit over confident more then ignorant is what I think about him.

well, its already pretty much too late, he said he'd be "B ranked in a few days" a few days ago. he's nowhere close to that, especially after the reset. we still have no idea if he'll ever make C+, let alone B, especially with that mediocre win-loss ratio.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
sprawlers
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway439 Posts
January 16 2009 16:11 GMT
#7
..in a week he will stall at the low C rank is my guess, though everyone has said that all ready. He doesn't know how good B rank is but yeah, better to just wait and see if he is still playing in a week or so.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
January 16 2009 16:21 GMT
#8
The thing is, from the few replays I saw of his iCCup games, his apm averaged around 150, which is nothing special, and I doubt he has either the micro or macro to crack into the B levels. Also, when I checked his games a day or two ago, a large portion of his recent PvZ games that he won ended within 5:00 minutes, which probably means that he's unable or too afraid to get into long games because he probably doesn't know how to pull off the modern FE Protoss builds, and he probably gets grossly outmacroed as the game progresses.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
January 16 2009 16:31 GMT
#9
On January 17 2009 01:21 koreasilver wrote:
The thing is, from the few replays I saw of his iCCup games, his apm averaged around 150, which is nothing special, and I doubt he has either the micro or macro to crack into the B levels. Also, when I checked his games a day or two ago, a large portion of his recent PvZ games that he won ended within 5:00 minutes, which probably means that he's unable or too afraid to get into long games because he probably doesn't know how to pull off the modern FE Protoss builds, and he probably gets grossly outmacroed as the game progresses.


I wonder if he 2 gates, and his opponents don't know how to deal with it. Most zergs face FE, which means that they don't get very much practice against 2 gates.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 16:36:43
January 16 2009 16:36 GMT
#10
On January 17 2009 01:31 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2009 01:21 koreasilver wrote:
The thing is, from the few replays I saw of his iCCup games, his apm averaged around 150, which is nothing special, and I doubt he has either the micro or macro to crack into the B levels. Also, when I checked his games a day or two ago, a large portion of his recent PvZ games that he won ended within 5:00 minutes, which probably means that he's unable or too afraid to get into long games because he probably doesn't know how to pull off the modern FE Protoss builds, and he probably gets grossly outmacroed as the game progresses.


I wonder if he 2 gates, and his opponents don't know how to deal with it. Most zergs face FE, which means that they don't get very much practice against 2 gates.


I don't think so. It's probably 25% 2 gate and 74% FE for me. I left the 1% for all the crazy one gate tech builds that I roll over.

Edit: I'm not saying he doesn't 2 gate, in fact he probably does if he wins in 5 minutes, I just meant that I don't find 2gating to be uncommon on iccup.
sprawlers
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway439 Posts
January 16 2009 16:36 GMT
#11
It's not just that they don't know how to deal with it. At some positions its really hard to defend a 2gate on LT, plus those who plays on LT in the first place are generally worse than the average iccup players of their rank. He seems to have changed to newer maps now though, props to him for that.
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
January 16 2009 16:38 GMT
#12
He is protoss after all...C- isn't really hard.
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
January 16 2009 16:40 GMT
#13
On January 17 2009 01:03 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2009 00:41 Kennelie wrote:
So your going to jock him about his performance. I feel as if I am jocking him posting in this thread. I read his posts but didn't dare to post b/c I don't wanna assume something I probably could be wrong about. A bit over confident more then ignorant is what I think about him.

well, its already pretty much too late, he said he'd be "B ranked in a few days" a few days ago. he's nowhere close to that, especially after the reset. we still have no idea if he'll ever make C+, let alone B, especially with that mediocre win-loss ratio.


Who cares though honestly. People say a lot of things they can't back up that is nothing new. The same people keep giving this guy attention for no reason at all bringing his name up continually.

Hot_Bid do me a favor and file an OST, take a depo, and then settle this outside court (aka close this thread).
Hi
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
January 16 2009 16:57 GMT
#14
I have 2 replays of SaddleS, didn't think they are thread-worthy, but since you made this blog, here, you can include them to your opening post if you wanna:

http://www.repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7111&key=bc71f7

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7103

It seems he's an average C- gamer. And it might get questionable once he starts playing courage maps.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
January 16 2009 17:08 GMT
#15
On January 17 2009 01:31 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2009 01:21 koreasilver wrote:
The thing is, from the few replays I saw of his iCCup games, his apm averaged around 150, which is nothing special, and I doubt he has either the micro or macro to crack into the B levels. Also, when I checked his games a day or two ago, a large portion of his recent PvZ games that he won ended within 5:00 minutes, which probably means that he's unable or too afraid to get into long games because he probably doesn't know how to pull off the modern FE Protoss builds, and he probably gets grossly outmacroed as the game progresses.


I wonder if he 2 gates, and his opponents don't know how to deal with it. Most zergs face FE, which means that they don't get very much practice against 2 gates.


Yes he does. I even found a replay in the complaint forum of him doing a PvZ.

He 2gates, nothing really special about it, doesn't even micro that well, and his opponent is just so terrible (how he found an 85 apm zerg in C- is beyond me) that even after seeing the initial zealot implying a lack of FE, he continues going for a three hatch build, not getting a single sunken until it's way too late.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Ghardo
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Germany1685 Posts
January 16 2009 17:10 GMT
#16
*chuckle*
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
January 16 2009 17:13 GMT
#17
On January 17 2009 01:40 kidd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2009 01:03 Hot_Bid wrote:
On January 17 2009 00:41 Kennelie wrote:
So your going to jock him about his performance. I feel as if I am jocking him posting in this thread. I read his posts but didn't dare to post b/c I don't wanna assume something I probably could be wrong about. A bit over confident more then ignorant is what I think about him.

well, its already pretty much too late, he said he'd be "B ranked in a few days" a few days ago. he's nowhere close to that, especially after the reset. we still have no idea if he'll ever make C+, let alone B, especially with that mediocre win-loss ratio.


Who cares though honestly. People say a lot of things they can't back up that is nothing new. The same people keep giving this guy attention for no reason at all bringing his name up continually.

Hot_Bid do me a favor and file an OST, take a depo, and then settle this outside court (aka close this thread).


Of course it's nothing new.

1. Someone says something stupid "it's so easy to kill a lurker with 1 marine".
2. They try to prove their point and fail.
3. They're laughed at.
4. The end.

If you don't find step 3 entertaining (I don't blame you, it's childish to find so much satisfaction in proving someone wrong, especially over the internet) then just ignore the whole thing and let the kids have their fun.
No I'm never serious.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
January 16 2009 17:30 GMT
#18
But then again, a quick check of random games revealed a bunch of losses to C+ and above, with one guy being 32-2 and another 38-13 or something like that, and some wins over C+/B- from last seasons =O

Maybe he has a chance! :D
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 18:26:17
January 16 2009 18:16 GMT
#19
Even I've beaten a former B- player... and I'm a middling D+ player (when I can arse myself, which is usually late in the season). There seems to be a lot of former C-'s in the D/D+ ranks at the moment (I swear, like every one of games is against one.. at least I'm coming close to beating them) for whatever reason. I doubt he'll come even close.

Edit: Also I find it hilarious he makes it a big deal about rushing D+ level players and winning. Low level players have somewhat crappy micro against 2 gate sometimes... it isn't like you're Bisu all of the sudden. Good luck winning games against C- players that aren't bottom feeders.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
January 16 2009 18:16 GMT
#20
On January 17 2009 02:30 EtherealDeath wrote:
But then again, a quick check of random games revealed a bunch of losses to C+ and above, with one guy being 32-2 and another 38-13 or something like that, and some wins over C+/B- from last seasons =O

Maybe he has a chance! :D


He's definitely not getting to B.
^-^
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason181
BRAT_OK 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14214
Artosis 328
Mini 266
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 84
Hyun 44
ZZZero.O 41
Bale 23
NaDa 21
Dota 2
qojqva2809
420jenkins554
Counter-Strike
fl0m4032
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5563
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1040
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g4365
FrodaN1761
B2W.Neo788
byalli421
ToD140
QueenE67
Railgan46
Mew2King40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1159
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 39
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix7
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 2
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3817
Other Games
• imaqtpie866
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 46m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.