• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:27
CEST 04:27
KST 11:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6737 users

Zerg FPVod Commentary (Updated September 22nd)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-22 14:05:29
December 10 2007 01:27 GMT
#1
Set 4 (September 22nd)

Game 1 - ZvP @ Python

+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5J9mEYF4E

Game 2 - ZvP @ Othello

+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmrkzuy_SSU

+ Show Spoiler [Replays] +
Random ICC replays from this season thus far. They are all low rank but there's a decent game or two (and I get raped in a few of them). New ICC



Set 3 (May 28th)

Game 1 - ZvT @ Python:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3303797012523583419&hl=en
+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +

+ Show Spoiler [Replays] +
Old ICC
These are old and I don't even know what's in them, but ok!



Set 2 (January 4th)

Game 1 - ZvT @ Blue Storm: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4432145531611720092&hl=en
+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +

Game 2 - ZvT @ Longinus: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3495878247928574511&hl=en
+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +

+ Show Spoiler [Replays] +
http://teamliquid.net/staff/Chill/replays2.rar

Set 1 (December 10th)

These are the third and fourth commentaries I've released. The others were both ZvT, and are over a year old, so they're a little dated. I really planned to release more of these, but it takes awihle to actually play a good game, then think about what I want to say, and then get everything together and uploaded. Hopefully there will be more in the future, because I do enjoy doing them.

+ Show Spoiler [Disclaimer] +
I truly do release these to try to help people. The person I'm playing is even offracing me, so it's really not 'look how good I am'. Further, I try to get games where both myself and my opponent don't play that well, to illustrate the changes you need to make to your game once you get behind. It doesn't really help anyone to release a VOD of a perfect play, because games rarely play out like that.

In the second game, I said "My opponent doesn't respect me" and it came out wrong, so I thought I should mention that. When you play someone of the same skill (or better), you should use your best build to try to get a win, be it a casual game or not. When you are playing someone worse, especially when offracing, you can use different builds to try to make the game better (closer, longer, more fun). So it's not like you don't respect the person in that you believe it's not possible for him to win, it's more that you don't care if you lose.


Game 1 - ZvP @ Longinus: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8959990511113248849&hl=en
+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +

Game 2 - ZvP @ Tau Cross: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4394250654356828552&hl=en
+ Show Spoiler [Embedded] +

+ Show Spoiler [Replays] +
None

Any comments and criticism on the commentary or gameplay are greatly appreciated. My microphone wasn't setup properly in the first game, so you'll hear me fading in and out. Hopefully you can still hear what I'm saying.
Moderator
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 01:33:48
December 10 2007 01:33 GMT
#2
Wow, I didn't even know about your previous commentaries.
Watching now.
I may show this to my friend, who's playing SC casually. Hopefully he'll get off using Protoss, since apparently everyone in my area has to use Protoss.
(Btw I think that Longinus is pronounced lon-JIE-nus)
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
December 10 2007 01:36 GMT
#3
thx for stopping me from watching the 2nd one first
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
December 10 2007 01:39 GMT
#4
lol, "my two zerglings are scouting....for shit like that"

Thanks a million Chill, these will help with my ZvP
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 02:17:13
December 10 2007 02:16 GMT
#5
Yeah, that first one helped me realize what was wrong with my zvp, especially against fast expanders.

not enough hatches XD
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
December 10 2007 02:34 GMT
#6
Even though I don't play zerg, these commentaries are well done and very helpful. I came out much smarter in this matchup than when I came in. Thanks Chill.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
December 10 2007 02:40 GMT
#7
Thanks Chill, me being around the C- ranking you even pointed out that my skill level players don't really use scourge much and rush to ultralisk cavern too quickly. It helped a lot! Thanks
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
December 10 2007 02:57 GMT
#8
Wow, after watching this then playing a ZvP, I was seriously blown away. It all just made sense :') Thank you again Chill :D
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 03:03:44
December 10 2007 03:01 GMT
#9
Chill you have one sexy voice hahaha

Sounds like Klazart :D

My voice sounds all Korean-y and deep when I record -_-

Do you use Camtasia for recording FPVODs?

edit: "I sent my Drones back to my natural; the High Templar is still there HAHAHAHAHA don't do that"

Ahhh you're so funny Chill :D
^-^
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 03:17:28
December 10 2007 03:08 GMT
#10
man, you sound a lot younger than I imagined
IaniAniaN
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada555 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 03:14:25
December 10 2007 03:13 GMT
#11
Hmm, the sound is very undulating in the first one, but I'll try to watch it later when I have time. I've been getting raped by Protoss fast +1 attacks in my last few games, on top of not having played for 2 weeks. -.- So I'll probably learn something important.
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
December 10 2007 03:34 GMT
#12
ahhh these were the ones you were tlaking about? :D watching now you sound like a g
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 03:40:18
December 10 2007 03:36 GMT
#13
oh hahahahaha I think I actually obsed the second game

edit: yeah, found the rep xD
p4fn2w
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
401 Posts
December 10 2007 03:56 GMT
#14
Um does anyone still have the link to the first two commentaries? If these two zvp commentaries are any indication of the quality I would definitely want to see the first two.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
December 10 2007 04:13 GMT
#15
I just spent a delightful hour listening to your commentaries Chill. The game makes so much sense when someone explains it that well. There is a level of reason and common sense that I am so lacking when I play. I just make stuff. Having a reason to make it though, makes a lot more sense. Much thanks!
ModeratorGodfather
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
December 10 2007 04:22 GMT
#16
On December 10 2007 13:13 Manifesto7 wrote:
I just spent a delightful hour listening to your commentaries Chill. The game makes so much sense when someone explains it that well. There is a level of reason and common sense that I am so lacking when I play. I just make stuff. Having a reason to make it though, makes a lot more sense. Much thanks!


That was my ZvP approach before watching the first FPVOD, make shit and pray :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
littlechava
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States7221 Posts
December 10 2007 05:23 GMT
#17
i didnt catch it if you mentioned it in game, who are you playing vs?
Entusman #12
ChkChk.Boom
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States140 Posts
December 10 2007 05:31 GMT
#18
Omg ZvP!!! Damn I hope this has stuff on how he deals with 2 gate, cuz shiet I lose to 2 gate against my friend everytime.
"Mai roflcopter gos SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOISOISOISOI." - Master Chief
Reflex
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada703 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 05:54:04
December 10 2007 05:44 GMT
#19
Amazing insight on ZvP! Incidentally, this will help a lot in my PvZ scheming, hohohohohohoho
Thanks a lot Chill, don't stop making these!

Edit: Could you maybe do a commentary on a Python ZvP? (maybe with emphasis on what you are trying to prevent the Protoss from doing at particular timings)
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
December 10 2007 05:49 GMT
#20
Very nice commentaries.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2544
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever779
NeuroSwarm190
Other Games
summit1g5282
Coldzera 785
Day[9].tv721
JimRising 618
C9.Mang0293
PiGStarcraft217
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick814
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream355
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv721
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.