• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5983 users

Zerg FPVod Commentary (Updated September 22nd) - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
outqast
Profile Joined October 2005
United States287 Posts
December 10 2007 05:56 GMT
#21
i love how you start laughing when you lose half your drones to templar drops... When that happens I'm usually pulling an angry german kid.
WhatisProtoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Korea (South)2325 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-10 06:02:57
December 10 2007 06:02 GMT
#22
On December 10 2007 10:33 Jyvblamo wrote:
Wow, I didn't even know about your previous commentaries.
Watching now.
I may show this to my friend, who's playing SC casually. Hopefully he'll get off using Protoss, since apparently everyone in my area has to use Protoss.
(Btw I think that Longinus is pronounced lon-JIE-nus)

Does it matter what it's pronounced?

The actual pronunciation is Long-Ki-Nus.

Great videos, Chill.
Diggity
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States806 Posts
December 10 2007 06:44 GMT
#23
wooooot! shout out!

very nice chill. You really should make this a regular thing
IaniAniaN
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada555 Posts
December 10 2007 07:48 GMT
#24
Great stuff, your emphasis on upgrades has helped my perspective on ZvP a lot, looks like I've been neglecting my carapace upgrades too much.
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
December 10 2007 08:00 GMT
#25
You sound a LITTLE like Klaz. :p
I will eat you alive
Moletrap
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1297 Posts
December 10 2007 08:23 GMT
#26
Geez, people. Language is different in different places. Like, if someone talks with an accent, are you going to tell them they're speaking *wrong*? No, they're just talking how they talk.
If someone talks differently than you, please get over it.

That said, indeed, very well done, Chill.. nice to listen to and very insightful.
aka Moletrap
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
December 10 2007 08:29 GMT
#27
<3 for this
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
December 10 2007 08:41 GMT
#28
i watched both and enjoyed and learned. thanks Chill you rock
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
December 10 2007 09:08 GMT
#29
Watched them both, enjoyed them both, and will definitely watch them again tomorrow morning since I watched them more for entertainment rather than learning the first time around.

Chill, wanna pvz me bo5 tomorrow?
HonkHonkBeep
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
China353 Posts
December 10 2007 09:34 GMT
#30
Well done. You said you'd release the replays in one of them, are you gonna do that?
God is cruel; sometimes he makes us live.
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
December 10 2007 10:53 GMT
#31
Nice commentaries.

My only suggestion is to use youtube, cause googlevideo really sucks
#1 Terran hater
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
December 10 2007 11:09 GMT
#32
On December 10 2007 17:23 f10esqftw wrote:
Geez, people. Language is different in different places. Like, if someone talks with an accent, are you going to tell them they're speaking *wrong*? No, they're just talking how they talk.
If someone talks differently than you, please get over it.

That said, indeed, very well done, Chill.. nice to listen to and very insightful.


haha, you're right! I live in edmonton, AB and could 100% tell he was from Alberta as well.! creepy stuff.

Besides that, great fpvods, I sent it to a friend of mine, who has tons of trouble zvp. It's gonna help him tons!
uppTagg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden473 Posts
December 10 2007 11:37 GMT
#33
Very nice ^^ is it camtasia you're using btw? cheers!
men du... Tagga!
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
December 10 2007 12:04 GMT
#34
Very nice Chill, I especially liked how you focused on crisis management (which I think is the most important characteristic of a good player), but there were a few times I've felt you were slightly wrong with reasoning.

I will post them all when I rewatch the FPVs, but for now I only disagree with your comment on sunkens in the second game. I don't really think good players can go without them, sunkens are actually an awesome tool for disrupting timings. They can cover your ass from certain timing attacks (for example, a DT run when you don't have enough hydra to cover all your bases), ling/sunk is much preferable to pure ling when fighting zealot aggro, later on, sunks are very efficient in tandem with lurkers. Imo, it's not that a good player can get away with no sunks, he is more likely to use them in the right fashion.

Maybe I misunderstood you though ^^
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
961254
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada47 Posts
December 10 2007 13:09 GMT
#35
nice commentary, your explanation makes alot of sense. Please do more of those in the future and perhaps give some information on the players whom you are playing against.
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
December 10 2007 13:27 GMT
#36
These are excellent. Nice work, Chill.

I think it's important to explain why you do everything in commentaries, and you do a pretty good job of that.
araav
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Armenia1590 Posts
December 10 2007 13:42 GMT
#37
yes, I think this is the most real thing that the strategy-cop can do - show real life examples (besides banning worthless posters)!

gj Chill, congratulations!
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
December 10 2007 14:21 GMT
#38
Great job! and ZvP too <3

These fpvod commentaries are great way to learn for me.
We make signature, then defense it.
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
December 10 2007 14:35 GMT
#39
Pretty amazing FPVOD CHill
Thx
I feel like I understand the MU much more
You rock
Post some more
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
December 10 2007 15:13 GMT
#40
On December 10 2007 18:08 thedeadhaji wrote:
Watched them both, enjoyed them both, and will definitely watch them again tomorrow morning since I watched them more for entertainment rather than learning the first time around.

Chill, wanna pvz me bo5 tomorrow?


Sure! Just don't be like Dave[9], where I taught him my ZvT build and then that's all he ever does so I can exploit him so ezezez.

I love you David the ninth.

To clarify, it's not like when I (or pretty much anyone, for that matter) am playing I'm thinking of all the stuff I said in the commentary. The key is to understand this stuff when you're not playing the game, so it becomes second nature and you don't have to consciously think about it when you're playing.

To answer the other questions:
-Yes I use Camtasia for recording. Audacity for audio. Windows Movie Maker to stitch them together.
-I use Google Video because there's no limit on file size, so I don't have to break the files up. I don't know why Google Video "sucks"...

Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 202
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1142
Bisu 747
Soma 172
hero 168
HiyA 104
EffOrt 65
sorry 36
ZerO 32
Mong 31
Killer 28
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Pusan 20
Sharp 17
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
JulyZerg 9
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
edward18
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft822
crisheroes354
Other Games
gofns22426
olofmeister1040
singsing918
ceh9542
Livibee242
Pyrionflax97
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
Other Games
gamesdonequick535
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• StrangeGG 29
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2408
League of Legends
• Jankos1636
• Rush1117
• Lourlo942
• Stunt440
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
55m
Afreeca Starleague
55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 55m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.