• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8557 users

HuK: "I want to be the next Lim Yo Hwan for SC2"

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-19 19:31:53
July 19 2010 19:31 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Chris 'HuK' Loranger is Canada's great hope in the modern era of E-Sports, specifically Starcraft 2. Being ranked one in the US server on Starcraft 2, Chris shows just how strong his play is compared to other pro-gamers in the world. Cameron caught up with Chris after he got knocked out of the ESL's Go4SC2 cup last week for an interview. The two talk about Starcraft 2, Chris's E-Sports heroes, Protoss and more.

Hello Chris, how are you doing, could you give us a brief introduction of yourself –background of how you got into SC2, etc.-

Well I use to play SC1 then when I heard the beta was out (considerably into the beta already) I decided to run through some old contacts and play. I originally was sharing an ID with silver/gold level players and having to get off whenever the 3 other people wanted to play. But even still with these 3 downers bringing me down everytime I got back on the account I would bring it back to #1 of my platinum divison. Soon after being noticed I was offered my own.

Did you have the intention of becoming a professional gamer when you started to play Starcraft 2?


When I first started playing I didn't but after I noticed how well I was doing and how much I enjoyed conquering peoples souls the idea became more and more of a goal.

What are your long term goals with E-Sports, is this something you will stay in for many years to come, or simply a phase?

I hope so, really depends if I can keep at it, the hardest part for me is staying focuses. Its really hard for me to play 10+ hours a day but as long as I can keep the drive I think I can compete with anyone (even korean progamers). Basically I want to be the next Lim Yo Hwan for SC2.

You can read the rest of this interview HERE.
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
July 19 2010 19:33 GMT
#2
Thanks (Gonna jack this sexy picture for future use)
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
July 19 2010 19:35 GMT
#3
Good interview. trying to read the whole thing...

PS: he is no longer #1
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
QuothTheRaven
Profile Joined December 2008
United States5524 Posts
July 19 2010 19:35 GMT
#4
Thanks; it's always interesting to find out more information about the players.
. . . nevermore
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-19 19:45:37
July 19 2010 19:36 GMT
#5
He's a dreamer.
Wont happen..He plays protoss.. 4 gate 4 gate!! Collosus Collosus!!

On July 20 2010 04:44 Darkalbino wrote:
isnt that the guy that 4gates every MU?

Yes..
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Dance.jhu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
July 19 2010 19:38 GMT
#6
Glad there is a top Canadian player out there. Good Interview
It is what it is...
Kalpman
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden406 Posts
July 19 2010 19:41 GMT
#7
Gogo HuK I really want non-asian players to start competing in the pro-scene of starcraft, that will make way for the rest of us to get in there and get a taste of the goodness xD
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
July 19 2010 19:44 GMT
#8
i doubt there will be a boxer of sc2. the skill cap is just too low.
Darkalbino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-19 19:44:49
July 19 2010 19:44 GMT
#9
isnt that the guy that 4gates every MU?

lol jk

nice interview....
"I edited it"
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
July 19 2010 19:44 GMT
#10
Go ladderToss!
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
July 19 2010 19:46 GMT
#11
Nice interview. HuK is one of my favorite players
Life is Good.
SpavaM
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Croatia175 Posts
July 19 2010 19:47 GMT
#12
On July 20 2010 04:44 Chronopolis wrote:
Go ladderToss!


Hahaha

On July 20 2010 04:44 Corvi wrote:
the skill cap is just too low.


This.

Even with the lower skill cap, I doubt anyone outside of Asia can compete with Asians... Time will tell...
aka imagiNe... "What if Nydus worms could make my coffee, play 2v2 and close threads for me? That would be grand." - riptide
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
July 19 2010 19:47 GMT
#13
He is obviously speaking about switching to terran, hehe.

Nice read, gl hf HuK!
Belegorm
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States330 Posts
July 19 2010 19:48 GMT
#14
Maybe he'll be Grrr's successor
MUM GIVE ME SOME SCISSORS!!!
Coulthard
Profile Joined September 2005
Greece3359 Posts
July 19 2010 19:49 GMT
#15
That is just a blasphemy of a statement
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
July 19 2010 19:49 GMT
#16
On July 20 2010 04:36 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2010 04:44 Darkalbino wrote:
isnt that the guy that 4gates every MU?

Yes..


No. That's the guy that USED to 4 gate every game. He had good reason to do so, his comp could nto handle above 150 food and would start lagging.

Last night I watched HuK FE twice vs Sheth (iirc). He's a much more versatile player than before and until I see some more Tester action I am convinced he is the top Protoss in SC2 right now.

GL HuK your my second favorite player! (Sorry Sheth has my #1 slot!)
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
July 19 2010 19:49 GMT
#17
On July 20 2010 04:47 SpavaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2010 04:44 Chronopolis wrote:
Go ladderToss!


Hahaha

Show nested quote +
On July 20 2010 04:44 Corvi wrote:
the skill cap is just too low.


This.

Even with the lower skill cap, I doubt anyone outside of Asia can compete with Asians... Time will tell...


First you are saying the skill cap is too low and then that no one will be able to compete with Asians. It doesn't compute.
ckw
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1018 Posts
July 19 2010 19:49 GMT
#18
Ratio wise Canada has a lot more better players then the US I feel but there isn't as much support which is really sad for me. -HuK



+ Show Spoiler +
Just joking HuK, I love you :-). Honestly, keep it up, you're doing great and next to TLO you are my favorite player. It's so cool to see foreigners in general do so good instead of watching Koreans all the time. Keep dominating man, gl gl.
Being weak is a choice.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
July 19 2010 19:50 GMT
#19
On July 20 2010 04:49 Coulthard wrote:
That is just a blasphemy of a statement


He didn't say he is or will be, only that he wants to be. I don't see how that is blasphemy.
Torture
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada221 Posts
July 19 2010 19:50 GMT
#20
HuK really impressed me in the first games of the Day9 tourney. Rocked TLO in the first game, second game was INSANE and he played really well.
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 469
actioN 451
Leta 373
sSak 44
Bale 31
sorry 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Noble 15
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss347
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g7184
ceh9442
olofmeister307
Happy271
Sick167
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast40
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Stunt451
Other Games
• Shiphtur469
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 43m
Patches Events
8h 43m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.