• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:09
CEST 13:09
KST 20:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7207 users

[Live] Australian Showcase (2000th)

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 00:00:07
April 01 2010 03:26 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Hi TL, it seems I'm at my 2000th post so I thought I'd do something a little bit special. I won't bore you with the usual 'my time in TL' speech, but instead thought I'd just do what I do and give you guys the opportunity to see some of the Australian StarCraft 2 talent in action with a showmatch.

[image loading]

[image loading]


(P)(au)Legionnaire is a man who needs no introduction on TeamLiquid and has featured in many TL events, known for his successful stint as a Korean progamer, his incredible reaver use and his laid back, approachable personality. Peter is often considered Australia's most accomplished StarCraft player.

[image loading][image loading] GLaDe has made a reputation for himself in the SC2 Beta as being a high level Zerg player, consistently reaching and holding #1 Platinum ranking in his divisions. He is an ex-WC3 player with some SC:BW experience and has represented Australia at WCG in WarCraft 3, where he won over some notable names including Korea's WhO and Dutch Orc Grubby. Night Elf-playing mOOn-GLaDe was considered the best Australian WarCraft 3 player.

[image loading]

[url blocked]

The two players competed in a punishing Best-of-Seven series on the maps (Wiki)Lost Temple, (Wiki)Steppes of War, (Wiki)Desert Oasis, (Wiki)Blistering Sands, (Wiki)Metalopolis, (Wiki)Scrap Station and (Wiki)Kulas Ravine.

The good news for you guys is that the games were be broadcast from replays by gosucoaching.com's Rise, on his livesteam, at the following times:

Broadcast by Rise
See more videos by Rise

[image loading] 6:00PM EDT, Tues 6th April
[image loading] 3:00PM PDT, Tues 6th April
[image loading] 7:00AM KST, Wed 7th April
[image loading] Midnight CEST between 6th/7th
[image loading] 8:00AM AEST, Wed 7th April

Results
+ Show Spoiler [Results] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[url blocked]
[image loading]
[url blocked]


Thanks to frequency for thinking of one of the Leg questions when I had a mental block.

[image loading]
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-01 14:01:09
April 01 2010 03:26 GMT
#2
[image loading]

[image loading]


GLaDe: Hello, I am GLaDe, known as mOOn-GLaDe from Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos, where I began competitive gaming and have been competing (mostly in War3) ever since. I’ve always loved to play Zerg in SC1, on ICCUP and before, so I decided to stick with them in SC2, as they just came more naturally and are very fun.

What are your initial thoughts on SC2? Good or bad for e-sports?

GLaDe: I’m really enjoying SC2, I think it’s a great game and surprised how polished the BETA is. I think SC2 is great for e-sports, with War3 getting stale and slowly dying, it’s definitely the future of RTS.

How many players from SC:BW do you think will make up the short-term and long-term population of SC2 fans and players?

GLaDe: I’m sure there are a lot of skeptical SC1 players, who are used to a primitive interface with single select buildings, but for War3 players I think they will generally all migrate over eventually, as the mechanics aren’t as hardcore as SC1, so it won’t be as difficult to adapt.

Are you currently playing in the beta for fun or to play competitively? How often do you watch replays?

GLaDe: Currently mostly playing for fun, and learning the game. I’m not too worried about competitive play until the game is actually released.

Who are the current top players in each respective race in your view, and what is it that sets them apart?

GLaDe: I can’t say I’ve really experienced any players outside of the USA server so I’ll give my thoughts on them . For Protoss I’d say Smuft is the best, he has some really nice innovative strategies and solid mechanical skills. For Terran I think I would give it to CauthonLuck, he seems very innovative and generally beats me down. For Zerg I think from my recent experience Slush and IdrA. When I played SLush it felt like he had a really good understanding of Zerg mirror compared to IdrA who just fast expands and macros, but IdrA is solid.

Have you had any really memorable games yet?

GLaDe: None that have really stuck in my mind.

Graphically, in terms of units and interface, how do you feel about SC2? Which overall style do you prefer out of SC2, SC:BW and WC3?

GLaDe: There are some things from War3 that I wish were in SC2, like the share resources and share control interface compared to War3’s is way smaller and harder to use in SC2. Plus you cannot view your allies resources by clicking on buildings, which is silly. Units look great and have cool animations.

How do you see the current situation in game balance, and how does this and the previous question influence SC2 as a spectacle?

GLaDe: I think the game is reasonably balanced, from a Zerg user’s point of view , though not a fan of colossus, I find there’s little a Zerg ground army can do if the protoss decides to go mass colossus, so it’s generally switch to air. I think mirror matches are quite bad at the moment, ZvZ is a complete borefest with mass roach wars, terrible for watching.

Coming from a strong WC3 background (Aus rep at WCG) with a lot of SC:BW experience (achieving B- rank on iCCup), which skills transfer best from both original games to the current state of SC2?

GLaDe: Well the Wc3 interface is a lot more similar to the SC2 interface, which I think helped a lot. But I think the mechanical skills for macroing you would learn in SC1 would help a lot too after you are used to multi building select.

You would be quite familiar with the top WC3 players at least from not too long ago, are there any WC3 players who you think will excel in SC2 if they haven't already? Or any that are not in beta yet that you think could take the game by storm?

GLaDe: I’ve ran into a lot of old school US War3 players on the ladder and they do seem to be doing well, also I’ve seen Lucifron and Demuslim doing well in Zotac and other tournaments. Also ive heard of some of the Korean War3 progamers doing well on the Asia server. There are a lot of players who could do well in this game from War3, if they decide to put in the effort to practice it.

There's a lot of comments thrown around about the complete lack of micro, the ease of macro, etc. but coming from both SC and WC backgrounds how do you feel the game weighs up in these aspects? Is micro really non-existent, harder to see, or less important?

GLaDe: There is definitely less micro, especially with unit formations apart from early game skirmishes compared to SC1 and War3. Macro is also easier but it’s still really the core of the game play, and requires the player to be very good at it and on the ball.

As Starcraft II, just a month old, has been subject to hardcore theorycrafting and testing do you see it turning into Warcraft III in a sense, where there was only 1 or 2 build orders for every matchup, and most of the game was making less mistakes rather than creating new strategies/builds?

GLaDe: I think the game is still evolving so I can’t say just yet, I really hope it doesn’t end up like War3 with limited strategies. It might have to rely on creative and new maps to keep the game play interesting, but only time will tell.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, I hope the fans can get something out of it as I did. Any last comments or shoutouts?

GLaDe: I hope the Australian scene is as big as War3 was when it first came out! And we have a lot of fun and competitions.

[image loading]


Leg: I'm Leg. I played StarCraft in Korea for a little under 3 years. I played protoss in sc1. I don't like mass range units, which rules out terran. And protoss has a number of cooler options like the sentry's wall, warp prisms, warping in units, teleporting goons etc. My favourite unit is the little orbs that shoot land and air from cybernetics core.

What are your initial thoughts on SC2? Good or bad for e-sports?

Leg: Good for esports short term, starcraft is too old to maintain world interest (ie outside of korea) and warcraft 3 was a terrible esports game (more fun to play rather than watch). Blizzard have sort of found a happy medium between the two, although its unknown whether that will work as a spectator sport.

How many players from SC:BW do you think will make up the short-term and long-term population of SC2 fans and players?

Leg: Most (elite) starcraft players won't move across to starcraft 2 except if they start losing. If they have a name for themselves, and are already making a decent living why would they switch to an unknown at which they might not be as good? All of the 2nd tier gamers will switch to sc2 as that’s where they can make a name for themselves.

Are you currently playing in the beta for fun or to play competitively? How often do you watch replays?

Leg: Fun. I watched reps when I lost. I play maybe 3 games a day after work. Mainly waiting for the game to get more mature.

Who are the current top players in each respective race in your view, and what is it that sets them apart?

Leg: Smuft. Naz. They think and analyze the game.

Have you had any really memorable games yet?

Leg: Had some fun ones, like running a colossus into their main while blocking the ramp with a dropped sentry etc.

Most of my fun games have been when I do something stupid to see what will happen. Although I normally end up losing those

At the moment i'm just trying to go non normal strats, ie I refuse to go colossus unless it’s in PvP.

Graphically, in terms of units and interface, how do you feel about SC2? Which overall style do you prefer out of SC2, SC:BW and WC3?

Leg: I miss goon vs vulture, zeal vs tank warfares. Terran in Sc2 is boring.

What's the current state of balance as you see it and how does this and the previous question influence SC2 as a spectacle?

Leg: There are flaws in balance obviously. It’s still early in the beta stage so it’s not too big of an issue. The fundamental flaws that can destroy the game are outside of unit balance issues.

Obviously you have been a progamer in Korea, albeit a long time ago, so do you have any opinions on how the e-Sports scene in Korea will receive SC2?

Fans will watch whichever game is on tv. Tv will show whichever one has the most money/interest thrown at it. (short term). Long term it will only survive if the game is interesting enough to maintain the interest of fans.

One reason that warcraft3 wasn't as successful compared to starcraft was because it was harder to follow what was going on screen (pretty graphics... lightning going everywhere etc) and there was very little for commentators to talk about in between the final battles (due to creeping which isn't fun to watch).

You recently expressed your concerns and grudges with the SC2 Beta on the battle.net forums, how has the latest patch addressed these for you?

Leg: The main ones about the strategic depth of the game wasn't addressed at all. A few of the smaller balance issues were.

The micro in SC2 has been a topic of significant controversy – can you put to rest any claims right now judging how your renowned Reaver micro skills are aiding you in SC2 (despite the absence of reavers!)?

Leg: Micro is still important, most people just aren't doing it right. Although I hate how harass has been destroyed in sc2. There's nothing like shuttle / storm drop play like there used to be. There is other harass, but it’s not as fun to do.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, any last comments or shoutouts?

Leg: Hopefully I won't get too badly destroyed by glade! I am going to try and not do the same builds every game, so hopefully it will at least be entertaining.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Mez
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia42 Posts
April 01 2010 03:35 GMT
#3
gogo ando
k!llua
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia895 Posts
April 01 2010 03:42 GMT
#4
What time are the matches AEDT Leg?
my hair is a wookie, your argument is invalid
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-02 00:38:50
April 01 2010 03:44 GMT
#5
On April 01 2010 12:42 k!llua wrote:
What time are the matches AEDT Leg?

Wednesday 9AM for NSW, VIC
Wednesday 8AM for QLD
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
calcarus
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia103 Posts
April 01 2010 04:02 GMT
#6
8:30 for SA.
"All I know, is that I know nothing" - Socrates
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
April 01 2010 04:25 GMT
#7
Where will the replays be available agaIn? The gosucoaching website?
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
April 01 2010 04:49 GMT
#8
On April 01 2010 13:25 Fruscainte wrote:
Where will the replays be available agaIn? The gosucoaching website?

They will be provided after the broadcast time.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
April 01 2010 04:52 GMT
#9
Righto
frequency
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1901 Posts
April 01 2010 05:01 GMT
#10
looking forward to it =)
www.twitter.com/marconofrio | marconofrio.tumblr.com
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
April 01 2010 05:04 GMT
#11
On April 01 2010 14:01 frequency wrote:
looking forward to it =)

You still don't get to obs.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
April 01 2010 05:06 GMT
#12
Woah awesome. Look forward to seeing this
frequency
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1901 Posts
April 01 2010 05:32 GMT
#13
On April 01 2010 14:04 iCCup.deL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2010 14:01 frequency wrote:
looking forward to it =)

You still don't get to obs.


I still don't know why this is at 8am for us... Why not have it like 4 hours later, surely 10pm/7pm for the USA wouldn't be unreasonable?
www.twitter.com/marconofrio | marconofrio.tumblr.com
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
April 01 2010 05:39 GMT
#14
On April 01 2010 14:32 frequency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2010 14:04 iCCup.deL wrote:
On April 01 2010 14:01 frequency wrote:
looking forward to it =)

You still don't get to obs.


I still don't know why this is at 8am for us... Why not have it like 4 hours later, surely 10pm/7pm for the USA wouldn't be unreasonable?

It goes for 7 games, and it's already late for Europeans. Even if you wake up at like 9AM it will probably still be on and then there are VODs.

Rise said the times he'd prefer and I agreed with them, I'll be waking up early but you can watch VODs if you think it's unreasonable. Not everyone wakes up after midday mate
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
April 01 2010 06:44 GMT
#15
I'll watch. Can't wait
Life is Good.
gravity
Profile Joined March 2004
Australia2330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-01 07:31:25
April 01 2010 07:31 GMT
#16
On April 01 2010 14:39 iCCup.deL wrote:
Rise said the times he'd prefer and I agreed with them, I'll be waking up early but you can watch VODs if you think it's unreasonable. Not everyone wakes up after midday mate

Not everyone is unemployed either...
Furthermore, tournaments should use matchup-specific maps
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
April 01 2010 07:45 GMT
#17
wth, why are you making them play at 8:30am on a wednesday del... how did u even get them to do this on a workday, rofl.
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
April 01 2010 11:57 GMT
#18
On April 01 2010 16:31 gravity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2010 14:39 iCCup.deL wrote:
Rise said the times he'd prefer and I agreed with them, I'll be waking up early but you can watch VODs if you think it's unreasonable. Not everyone wakes up after midday mate

Not everyone is unemployed either...

Which is exactly why Rise has to do it when he can, and not when it's perfectly convenient for the 30 aussies who will watch
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 01 2010 12:10 GMT
#19
Very nice, I like.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Yukidasu
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Australia125 Posts
April 01 2010 12:21 GMT
#20
This should be awesome.

Like Glade mentioned, I hope we're going to have a big Australian community for SC2. I guess this means when we have chat channels -_-. sc2live ftw?
Lost in a groundless dream. You can't fly if there's nowhere to fall.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings115
SHIN 62
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 250
OGKoka 240
mouzHeroMarine 237
SHIN 62
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60039
Calm 9920
Rain 2814
FanTaSy 1195
soO 1014
BeSt 1008
Bisu 615
Stork 389
Soulkey 358
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
firebathero 208
Rush 197
Last 142
Mind 75
Pusan 70
Light 70
Snow 67
ToSsGirL 60
Sexy 55
Shinee 47
Sharp 40
hero 33
Killer 32
Mong 27
Trap 25
Hm[arnc] 20
yabsab 19
Terrorterran 17
Sacsri 16
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 16
Shine 15
Free 11
Noble 10
IntoTheRainbow 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Sea.KH 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7460
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
byalli667
x6flipin235
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Other Games
gofns26499
singsing1985
Pyrionflax237
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 59
• Gemini_19 4
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Jankos3184
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 51m
OSC
11h 51m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.